Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.

Danger: +0 | Freak: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Conditions: None | Potential: 0 / 5 | Location: In-Gram Labs

Panopticon felt his stomach try to jump up through his throat as he made the long jump over the edge of the building, seeing nothing but a long fall under him punctuated by the tops of cars a good twenty stories below. As the wind rushed past him, he vanished in a flicker of blue light, a handful of tiny motes of energy continuing to travel in the direction he’d been going. Several blocks away, three holographic rings flickered to existence, a pinprick of blue light falling through the center of them as it expanded, finally bursting with white light to reveal the teen gadgeteer again as he landed hard on the roof, rolling and smoothly rising to his feet again. Coat flapping behind him, he jumped over a HVAC unit and disappeared again, reappearing at a dead run two streets over and ducking his head as he slipped under a billboard.

Transmat tech had its uses, but without a beacon to lock onto Panopticon could only transmit his wave form so far before it began to destabilize. Normally, he’d be one of the first on the scene of a tech crime … but, really, he never thought that anyone would be crazy enough to pull something like this in broad daylight. The criminal element was getting bolder … with the city’s big guns off the table, they were starting to test their new limits, thinking they were invincible. Well, they weren’t unopposed, not yet.

There were a trio of short teleports as Panopticon ascended, flicking though the grating of a fire escape before hopping to a window cleaner’s platform and finally reappearing in the air above a bank office. Looking up, he saw the shining light of Imago’s wings as she gathered up the power for something big.

“Looks like I’m late to the party…” he mused to himself, the optics in his helmet zooming in to examine the prismatic display of cosmic forces. Piping in his jacket began to glow brilliant blue leaving a trail of light behind him as her charged up for a longer jump. There was a flash, the trail continuing over the edge of the building, up towards the structure neighboring In-Gram. He wanted to get a good overview of the battle when he arrived.

“ . . . “ as his vision clear, his feet slowed from a dash to a vaguely confused pacing, bits of concrete and glass were still showering down from the sky from where Imago had made violent landfall, car alarms around the block sounding off in protest of the thunderous boom that must have accompanied her landing. Water sprayed in a frothing arch where her impact crater had cracked a water line and … was the In-Gram building leaning?

“I looked away for a second.” he said numbly, smacking a gloved hand into his faceplate as a frowny face displayed against its black surface. Shaking his head and tugging the hood over his helmet forward, he got a quick head count … three of C4’s duplicates vs Imago, Crackdown, and Amazing Amazon … yeah, it looked like they had things taken care of out here. Through the smoke and shattered glass, however, Panopticon caught a glimpse of a forth of C4’s clones dashing for the building’s interior. Likely to secure whatever it was she’d come here for.

“Well, we can’t have that.” he vanished again, reappearing inside the building and hopping over the injured body of one of the security agents as he slid through the door after C4. His vision turned a hazy white shade as he activated the magnetic resonance scanner building into his optics, the skeleton of the building’s interior opening up before him as he tried to track C4’s movements and decipher her goal.

The Discord posted:

@Panopticon (JusticeGrieves): 2d6+1 Panopticon tries to send a thief to catch a thief = (6+6)+1 = 13

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.

Conditions: None | Potential: 0 / 5 | Location: Inside In-Gram Labs, going down

In the darkness of the In-Gram building, Panopticon dialed down the lights on his suit, the glowing seams worked into his overcoat and the inverted triangle on his mask dimming as he faded into the black. As much as he enjoyed the spotlight, it wasn’t as though he’d forgotten his roots as a thief, after all. C4 was dangerous, she’d proved that several times over already, his best chance was to hit her unprepared ... but not until he knew what she was after.

Soft silicon bootsoles were whisper quiet on the carpet as he kept a fairly quick pace. He kept his body low, ready to move if a light source suddenly swung his way, but there was no sign of the bombastic robber in the hall. Still, the metal structure beams of the building showed through the walls to his sensors, allowing him to get a quick read of the layout. There were only so many places she could have gotten so quickly … and the chute leading down to a sub-level seemed by far the most compelling of those.

Pausing at the top of the entrance, he tilted his head to the side, checking to make sure that C4 wasn’t right by the entrance. Then, he hopped forward, tucking his arms in close as he descended down, coat flapping behind him.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Conditions: None | Potential: 0 / 5 | Location: Inside In-Gram Labs, Basement Level

Seeing the light below him, Panopticon pressed his hands to the wall, starting up the electro magnets in the palms of his gloves to act as brakes for his momentum. When he reached the bottom, he landed gently in a crouch, turning his head from side to side to get a quick sweep of the area. Sure enough, there was the target straight ahead … she was moving quickly and with purpose. Seemed like she knew exactly what she was after, and where to find it … an inside informant, maybe?

Questions for later.

He rolled to one side to get out of the open, moving for shadows closer to the wall as he watched her work. Just what was it she was so desperate to get her hands on?

Dice Roller posted:

@Panopticon (JusticeGrieves): 2d6+1 Just what are you up to? (Pierce the Mask) = (1+2)+1 = 4

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 9, 2017

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Conditions: None | Potential: 1 / 5 | Location: Inside In-Gram Labs, Ground Level

Take a Powerful Blow posted:

@Panopticon (JusticeGrieves): 2d6 Badda-bing badda... = (4+1) = 5

“Oh my, such language.” Panopticon gasped theatrically, hands raised frettingly to his faceplate as the inverted triangle on his face lit up to reveal his presence in the dark room. “What would your fans think?” he teased, half-skipping towards her, hands clasped behind his back as he leaned in close to take a look at the unconscious C4’s face.

“They’re so cute when they’ve been beaten into submission.” Straightening up again, he made a flourish with his hand, some kind of high tech manacles dangling from one finger, “Could I interest you in some practical energy restraints for our fallen foe? Maybe take her off your hands while you carry the expensive, mysterious, shiny egg-like device that I am absolutely not interested in?”

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 10, 2017

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Conditions: None | Potential: 1 / 5 | Location: Inside In-Gram Labs, Ground Level

“Oh Amazon,” Panopticon said sadly with a shake of his head, “I witness everything. How do you think I got my name?” he clapped the manacles on over the unconscious C4’s wrists, blue lights coming to life around the circumference until a pair of tiny forcefield bubbles encompassed her hands. That should keep her from accessing any of her tools when she woke up at least … and another pair around her ankles would make watching her try to run off good for a laugh. He accepted the unconscious criminal with little more than a grunt as her weight settled on his shoulders, though he didn’t slow down much from the weight.

“Your secret is safe with me though.” The top and right-hand sides of the triangle that made up his “face” blinked off in a kind of wink as he fell in step with her. He let her take the lead, in part because it was polite, but more because it meant that any camera crew on site would focus on the Amazing Amazon over him. Hopefully people would find that reassuring, still, he shook his head as she asked her question.

“Honestly? Not sure.” He said, reaching the top of the stairs, “If Imago hadn’t knocked out the power, maybe I could’ve taken a quick look on the servers to get an idea. The way things are now, I’d have to take it apart … I don’t think In-Gram would appreciate that.”

He turned at the top of the stairs, seeing Crackdown’s ridiculous hair silhouetted against the sunlight from outside, raising a hand.

“Ah, hey there big guy! We’re alright.” He looked up “What’s the word on keeping this place upright?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Conditions: None | Potential: 0 / 5 | Location: Shattered Streets in front of In-Gram Labs

With a brief shimmer of blue and a puff of displaced air, Panopticon reemerged from … whatever it was he’d been doing in In-Gram Labs while the rest of the team tried to smooth things over with the law. Of course, the broken hardscrabble of pavement underfoot kind of ruined the effect as it tried to slide out from under him, causing him to awkwardly thrust his arms out to counterbalance.

“Hey, I don’t mean to interrupt this great emotional outpouring…” he said, taking a few steps back before finding his footing, “But you guys are getting insecurity all over our good PR.” He teased, looking towards where the press was hurriedly setting up their cameras beyond the picket line set up by the law.

“Maybe we oughta clear out of here before Lieutenant No-Face does remember us? Things didn’t exactly go well before.” He said, making a gesture as though he was tossing something small, gentle and precious to the side with both hands.

• Locked thread