Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
May 2020: End of the Line Scarif update is out... and it's the last one folks. Game is DONE per EA/DICE. That's it for official content!

June 2022: MODS??? Can you believe it, folks? The best Battlefield game still trucking in 2022! PC version now has private servers and that also means MODS. Forums user Valve Steam Explains...

Valve Steam Deck posted:

Looks like Battlefront 4(2) on PC actually has private servers now, which means mods, including the new Battlefront 2022 mod which adds dozens of new heroes including Samuel L Jackson, Pedro Pascal, Rosario Dawson, Rupert Friend, Katee Sackhoff, and Giancarlo Esposito

https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsbattlefront22017/mods/7847

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zsnTuJuF2s

BATTLEFRONT 2 STATUS: RELEASED 11/16/17 @ 9:00 PST
MICRO-TRANSACTION STATUS: SUSPENDED 11/16/17 @ 5:00 PST
PALPATINE PATCHED: 2/19/18. Elapsed time since release in which a hero's attack and abilities went straight through walls and doors - ninety five days.
PROGRESSION CHANGED: 3/21/18 - SEE THE CRATES SECTION

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is the fourth game in the Star Wars Battlefront series and the second game with literally that exact title. This Star Wars Battlefront 2 is being made by DICE (under EA, of course), while the first Star Wars Battlefront 2 was made by Lucas Arts a long time ago in brand culture far far away. It is reminiscent of, but quite distinct from, the Battlefield series also made by DICE

Click below to have John Boyega use his sexy voice to tell you what a Battlefront is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

Or click below here to see what it takes to earn 400,000 downvotes on reddit.
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKyrlDxkaHHhnp8DCrGp

PURCHASE OPTIONS

Standard Edition ($60): A copy of Star Wars: Battlefront 2<- - - - - - BEST VALUE... WOW!!! :shibe:

Deluxe Edition ($80): Three day head start, plus instant unlock of one gun and one epic star card for each infantry class (these are not exclusive and can be earned normally).

Pre-Order: If you pre-order either version of the game you will get skins and star cards for Kylo and Rey, and two starfighter star cards (the skins are supposedly exclusive, the cards are not).

Season Pass ($0 - $9999): The season pass is deader than Han Solo after being killed by his son Kylo Ren. Instead, all post-release content will be totally free. The catch is that you can get stuff from crates, because of course. Can these crates be purchased for real money? Search your feelings, you know it to be true. More on the crate system below. Bottom line: the content is free for sexy, well adjusted posters like us, while of theoretically unlimited cost to shameful crate-buying pubbies. Opinions on this system obviously vary, with spicy hot takes abound. The undisputed benefit is that no longer will the community be split by playlists or other content barriers.

Crystals/Premium Currency ($error$): I'm not gonna list the prices for crystals DON'T BUY THEM YOU ASSHATS.

The Good
- Game looks and sounds as awesome as it's predecessor, maintains the DICE gold standard of presentation.
- Variety of modes and match types from 8-40 players.
- Fighter combat is even better than before. The starfighter mode is the tits, some people say it's the best part of the game.
- Splitscreen options for coop/versus have been expanded, although the value of it remains to be seen.
- :siren: Game now contains full single player campaign :siren: for you to forget about a week from launch.
- No season pass or things to split community.

The Bad
- Crates exist.
- Neither Luke nor Darth Vader are unlocked with game. Must grind or pay.
- Still no server browsers.
- The splitscreen co-op and versus modes are maybe not that good.
- The progression system
- Aesthetic character customization was extremely limited in the beta. Unknown what the release status will be. UPDATE: Still pretty dang limited. ULTRA UPDATE: less limited now. You can buy trooper skins (including some aliens) and hero skins. No they don't have a way to do contextual skins so if you buy Hoth Luke I hope you want him to wear that poo poo in the forest, desert, and everywhere else imaginable. SPECIAL EDITION 2019 MACLUNKEY UPDATE: Ok there's a good amount of cosmetics now and you can change them during a match.

SUMMARY:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The progression system is kinda crappy because of the grind. EA is a fuckstain for letting said grind, which again is too long and lovely because of that length, be circumvented via exploitive lootboxes and should have just had a bunch of skins and cosmetics to sell directly and not in lootboxes as Overwatch does as that too is exploitive and lovely. I also find that the core game of Battlefront 2 is fun despite that. I have acended to the astral plane because I can acknowledge multiple things at once

PLAY WITH GOONS???

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hi hello, so uhh, I find this game to be in good shape compared to a long time ago and in the SA Gamers discord, we have been getting a group or two playing each night. I just wanted to spread the word in case any goons are still playing and want goons to play with.

This game is part of our Game Night we do each week, had about 20 on last week and we are doing it again tonight and tomorrow since we all had a lot of fun.

You can come hang here: https://discord.gg/364rsdd and you’ll see the battlefront channel. Just mute and hide anything you don’t care about. Oh, it’s a large server and we do have console players a plenty too.

Looks like there’s something happening for May 4th too. I follow along using this: https://devtrackers.gg/battlefront

After much the delay the long awaited spreadsheet is here!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdF6vAvrfWF3jcLjwqI6L6BeeJKfbCFNU-ZCbrp7BZAvJ2Mjw/viewform

View responses at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ATCJtR-M2cWdXgDJGlvq-24xNZKgT4IkN4ArbbWrDKw/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you forum's poster KingShibby for being less outrageously lazy than the rest of us!

What is the gameplay like?
While changes have been made, this game is a lot like it's predecessor Star Wars Battlefront (the third game in the series). Generally speaking, if you didn't like the last game, you probably won't like this one either. If you had a blast in the last game, expect to have one again.This biggest single change is the implementation of a class system. There are four infantry classes, each with different strength and weakness. You gun type as well as star cards are restricted by class, so there is room for customization but you must follow a general archetype.

I like to describe this game as "the solo player's Battlefield". It's a lot more run and gun oriented, and squad abilities are but a pale shadow of the power, comparatively. There is no revive, no squad spawn, no vehicle repair, and extremely limited healing. This does mean that the teamwork factor is reduced, but it also means the MLG No-Scope squads aren't just running rampant on every poor idiot who dared try to play a video game without a premade team. In the opinions of some this makes the game more casual. In my opinion it makes it less bullshit. We report, you decide.

The modes have changed a little bit from Battlefront the Third. Various modes have been rolled into "Galactic Assault", which is now the catchall 40 person objective based mode. There is also Starfighter Assault, which is 24 players and is SUPER AWESOME. Seriously basically everyone agrees it's great. Heroes vs. Villians also returns by popular demand. There is a new mode call "Strikes" which is a 16 player mode that cuts heroes and vehicles to creates a smaller, team oriented game based around objectives. Finally, there is Blast, which is just TDM and idk how many players honestly who gives a crap, don't play Blast.

How is the Campaign?
Well, it's a full campaign. Very little is known other than the general plot of you being a female Imperial commando whose dadmiral sends her on missions to avenge the Emperor's death. Presumably many famous Star Wars characters are encountered at locales you recognize from the movies, before you heroically and predictably defect to the Resistance. We do have some impressions of the gameplay thanks to forum's poster Deakul, who is literally the only person in galaxy subscribed to EA Access. Here is what he had to say...

"Jesus, the campaign is so loving glitchy that it's actually kind of embarrassing, did they even play test this?"
"I can foresee amazing gifs from the protag's melee animation alone."
"Also, really lazy stealth segments with the droid you can control and psychic AI that can see you no matter where you are"
"Seems like ai couldn't give two shits about their buddies dying in front of them either."
"I fell through geometry and ended up in the cold vastness of space and died just by sprinting and meleeing into a wall too."

I'm summary, he concluded: "the campaign seems pretty cool". Thank you, Deakul.

Alternative campaign review (post-release) courtesy of forums poster "ShineDog"

ShineDog posted:

Just finished the SP. Pretty good!

A little disjointed in places (If there wasn't a cut level during the timeskip I'd be very surprised), It has storytellings least earned kiss, and a few bits where they were constrained by the canon as established (It is as dumb as poo poo anyone goes along with the empires post endor plans). But despite that, very good performances all round, and some great fights. It's very easy on normal. Play on hard.

I don't agree that the game has had the end chopped off to parcel out as free DLC, I think it was designed that way from the beginning. The finale of Idens story absolutely feels like an actual honest to god finale, with every villain being closed off at that point, language like "lets finish this", triumphant views and huge explosions. There is a coda level after that that sets up the next bit, but it very much felt to me like a playable post credits scene with sequel/DLC hooks (if the game had credits)

My main issue, story wise, was the game leaning in on nostalgia in a bad way. The new characters are pretty good! (Shriv especially) but they didn't get the time they needed to be fleshed out because we're always off having side adventures with the OT cast through the entire game. The scenes aren't bad, but given that they frequently aren't really anything to with the overarching plot they are just stealing screen time from characters that really, really needed some more.. Theres also little moments where they touch up other nu-eu stuff some work, some really don't. Do you need to know who Rax is in this game? no. Will you find out? no. So why do we keep hearing that the badguys report to him?

CRATES CRATES CRATES

crates.gif

NEW PROGRESSION SYSTEM MARCH 2018: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/progression-update

Now about progression: here's how it works. Whenever you get BP, you gain XP with whatever kind of thing you were at the time. So if you play Officer, you rank up Officer. You play Iden Versio, you rank up Iden Version. So and so forth. Every time you level up you get one skill point. Unlocking or upgrading any card costs one skill point (regardless of upgrade level). Things are gated by level however. Every card requires such and such rank to unlock the base version, while all cards for a given class require a certain level to go from white ---> green or green ---> blue or blue --> purple. There are no costs of any kind other than skill points involved in this process. Skill points are NOT universal btw, they are tied to each individual class/hero/fighter.

The Good:
- Progression is now simple and predictable.
- Much easier to get higher upgrades for cards once you've put some time in.
- Don't have to watch a million lovely crate animations.
- All heroes unlocked for everybody!!! (including starfighter heroes)

The Bad:
- No way to "buffer" new classes. Haven't flown a bomber before? No way to rank up but putting in your dues as a level 0 poo poo bomber for a while.
- Since XP is straight tied to BP you are basically going to have to play certain modes to rank up certain things. For example, if you bought the game today and therefore didn't bring any cards with you, then I really hope you like Heroes vs Villians because if you don't play that it will be forever until you have decent hero ranks for GA. Same thing goes for starfighters but everyone knows SA is bomb as heck so that's ok.

I TOOK OUT THE OLD WORDS ABOUT CRATES. SUMMARY: THEY SUCKED REAL HARD

TG-Chrono posted:

Here's my hot take. The loot crate situation is hot piss bad. Reddit is a wet turd internet hellscape.

HOT STRATEGY AND TIPS

Click below for a guide to star cards that tells you exciting things like "this is what the card says it does" or "lightsabres are good at close range". Very useful if your TV renders text unreadable or you've never a played video game before. Thanks Neltharak!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840017&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=57#post478499871

A Community Thing!
Hey they're doing some kinda community things! It looks like besides events you can declare allegiance to one faction or another, and maybe rewards follow? Idk it sounds kind of like the pointless faction war in noted poo poo-game-for-idiots "For Honor" but who knows maybe it will be more involved. Here's a link where you can read more about it and a map of the early season that goes with it.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/the-last-jedi-season-is-coming

Oh also the first new planet on the schedule is literally named "Crait". You can't make this stuff up folks!

About season 2: it may or may not exist. A DICE guy said there might be more events using language that was as non-committal as humanly possible.

UPDATE: Moar seasons exist. There is a roadmap but it's really lame and I won't insult dear reader's intelligence by posting it like it's cool. SUMMARY: You'll get a map and mode a million years from now (after Battlefield V release). Oh and some green paint for your clones.

UPDATE 2: Seasons are dead RIP. Whatever comes for clone wars is the end of the line. (Narrator: it was not the end of the line)

UPDATE 3: Game less dead with inclusion of new CAPITAL SUPREMACY game mode. Features a Hot N' Fresh new map on Geonosis and an Old N' Stale repurposed map on Kamino. Also features the new Arc Trooper (clones) and Assassin Droid (uh... droids) special troopers which are neat.

UPDATE 4: This poo poo still going somehow! Scarif coming I guess. Game continues marching on into 2020.

UPDATE 5: it's done marching in 2020.

Original Thread Content DO NOT STEAL

HOLY gently caress

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/931332890717143040

https://i.imgur.com/JGNKPHJ.gifv

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Thanks [Meme Poker Party] for being a good OP.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to buy this and not care about crates.

I hope they have a sane map rotation system this time.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
TY for the new thread op

Where are most people going for their platform of choice? Wondering between PC and PS4.

I understand the hate quite a few people have for this game, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy my time during the beta. Being able to spend points you acquire during a game for vehicules/heroes has always been one of my favorite MP idea.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
found a physical ps4 copy orders through amazon. so i am pumped.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Game manages to be fun as gently caress despite the poo poo EA tries to obfuscate this fact with.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ShineDog posted:

Game manages to be fun as gently caress despite the poo poo EA tries to obfuscate this fact with.

thats good.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Love the thread tag. A marked improvement from 2 years ago :)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Probably getting this anyway for my berfday. Looking forward to the three hour campaign and the servers dying on PC within two months.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I enjoyed the first/third Battlefront game so looking forward to getting stomped by AT-ATs and ignoring SP campaign.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Love the thread tag. A marked improvement from 2 years ago :)

!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought this and I have EA Access so I think I can start playing this tomorrow?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Played through the single player trial. No bugs besides a few loading screen crashes.

- Gameplay is generally okay.
- I dig that they counter your ability to really easily go all ~headshot city~ with an E-11 on some hapless, Scan-revealed rebels by making Iden pretty fragile as well.
- Conversely, the scoped weapons feel redundant and maybe even inferior given the damage and overheat rates.
- Equip system is clunky but I can't really imagine a better way given how it uses the card system from multi.
- Story seems well-formed. I can already tell that they're setting Iden up either as a straight-up defector, or at the very least, somebody who turns against the post-Endor Imperial leadership, given how she's beginning to question various things.
- The lore nods make sense and don't feel like they're crammed in for the sake of fapping it to continuity.
- The part where you fly your TIE into the Calamari cruiser's hanger and wreck poo poo up was fantastic and very evocative of the OG BF2.

Still good with cancelling my pre-order in favor of buying Wolfenstein instead, though. Played enough multiplayer in both the alpha and beta, and nothing about the campaign so far has particularly screamed "$60 purchase" to me.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 9, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I guess the ELITE TROOPER COLLECTOR'S EDITION PRE-ORDERS don't get to play until the 14th. Ah well, guess I'll wait another week. Initial campaign bits are really fun.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Where are most people going for their platform of choice? Wondering between PC and PS4.

dice only makes console games now

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I completed Assassin's Creed Origins just in time to start playing this tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JFC posted:

I completed Assassin's Creed Origins just in time to start playing this tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

How was it?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Skoll posted:

How was it?

I loved it. Easily the best AC game since AC2 or ACIV. The open world of Egypt is massive and beautiful. There are a lot of quality of life improvements, the side quests are fun, the main story is good, and I can't wait to see what they do with the DLCs. The photo mode in the game has turned me into a tourist taking screenshots of everything. Taking a cycle off to focus on one improved game worked wonders for the franchise. My only slight complaint is that the game starts in media res, so you spend a little bit confused by what's going on, but then it gets relayed to you via flashbacks pretty quickly so it isn't that much of a big deal.

If you are looking for a good single player AAA title for fun chill gaming ACO is really good. Here's some screenshots I took in photo mode, some of them playing with filters.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Sweet. AC is legit one of my favorite franchises. I thought Syndicate was pretty good recover after the stumble that was Unity, but the franchise has had its share of bombs.

Looking forward to AC: Moses now. Thanks for sharing.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Wait what's goin on with playing early? Is it some sign up with your CC just don't forget to cancel garbage?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

teh_Broseph posted:

Wait what's goin on with playing early? Is it some sign up with your CC just don't forget to cancel garbage?

It was just a little trial for EA Access holders. Already come and gone I believe. Or maybe you can still do it but whatever it is, the pertinent info is that it carries a time limit and is for EA Access folks only (and no multi I think?)

The real show starts on the 14th for Deluxe Edition buyers and the 17th for everyone else (me).

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Really disappointed with this game, the matchmaking blows rear end... seriously, what's with the phobia of server browsers now? Matchmaking is not faster and it takes agency away from players.
If I didn't know any better I'd think that the game launches with only like 4 maps since I haven't seen the other 7 in my 5 hours of play time.

Maps are still too small, still only 40 player matches instead of 64, no option to play as all eras on all maps, it's absolutely still P2W with the stupid loving loot crate system, and the bot skirmish stuff needs to be expanded a ton.

It's great that they added prequel stuff, brought back classes, and removed tokens... don't get me wrong but it's still not what I've always wanted from a legit Battlefront sequel.
Like how the hell do we still not have ground to space transitions?!

I guess I just want the games to be something they no longer are, I just want Free Radical's SWBF3. :sigh:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I will buy this in a year for like 30 bucks and play the SP campaign and some instant action.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Dadmrial Versio owns: https://v.redd.it/kp4zrozdduwz
(ugh, stupid reddit gif/video media player thingy)

Kashyyyk is basically Star Wars D-Day.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I’ve been trying to preorder on Amazon so I can get that sweet Prime discount, but they aren’t taking pre orders on the physical game apparently? Anyone know what’s the deal with that/been able to preorder a physical copy on Amazon?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
So is the physical deluxe version coming out on Tuesday or is it just some digital only thing. If it does, what are the odds of some apathetic retail worker putting out the regular versions on Tuesday with the deluxe editions?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I think even if you got your hands on a regular version it wouldn't work until 11/17. I don't think they actually do different discs for the versions, do they? It's probably the same disc but the deluxe version has a code in the box the unlocks the early access + goodies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Battlefront 2015 was a pretty boring game, and Battlefront 2 does nothing to improve this. Glad for the trial from EA Access, will be giving this a pass. This just is not at all a fun or exciting multiplayer experience, which is disappointing because it's Star Wars.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
For, 40 players on maps that are not conquest is my loving bag.

Bfield1 ends up a grinding shitfest on the linear objective modes and alternatively empty garbage, grinding shitfest, and actually fun on the giant conquest maps.

With bfront2 focusing on the objective modes I really agree 40 is the way to go. Never empty, never an instant death nightmare land.

The gametypes here sit closest to rush or operations in battlefield and those kind of suck in 64. It's just too many people for 2 or 3 objectives.

More players on bigger maps = better gameplay is this weird kind of sacred cow that I just don't think holds up in reality.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Its pretty impressive how much EA managed to gently caress this game up. So much promise ruined.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Some very good analysis on why this game is in fact bad and not good ITT.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
All opinions are hot takes are welcome here.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Starfighter Assault is fun as heck. I loved that in the beta and played it for a silly amount of hours

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I agree that Starfighter Assault is wicked awesome now. Which is nice, because Fighter Squadron in BF the Third was pretty half baked.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Preordered Deluxe on PS4 today, can't wait to try out the Starfighter mode

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How are the other maps other that Naboo? Anything even remotely approaching Hoth from the previous game in quality?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Chomp8645 posted:

All opinions are hot takes are welcome here.

Flame trooper best trooper. Gonna BBQ some rebels.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FunkMonkey posted:

Flame trooper best trooper. Gonna BBQ some rebels.

When they announced some of the incoming changes based off the beta, "buff to flame trooper" was one of them. He was pretty weak before so this is good.

Flame Trooper, standing over charred wookie: "Got a light?" :grin:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Chomp8645 posted:

When they announced some of the incoming changes based off the beta, "buff to flame trooper" was one of them. He was pretty weak before so this is good.

Flame Trooper, standing over charred wookie: "Got a light?" :grin:

Indeed good news. You can have your Darth Mauls, I will always be blowing my points on this even if I keep dying seconds after spawning.

Worried about all the same things others have said, especially cheating on PC, but trying to be optimistic. Star fighter mode is the greatest. I am go for Poppa Palpatine come the 17th.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
-No way to reliably play with friends. Sure you can join a group, and enter a server together, but with the bullshit forced ad-hoc squad system, you will only ever be on the same team with your friends but pretty much never actually moving together as a single unit and actually helping each other out.
-The models in this game suck dick. It is quite difficult to tell many of the droid classes apart from one another. Maybe that is cool for "cannon" reasons but it sucks for actual gameplay reasons.
-Speaking of glance value the cards totally gently caress it up. You have no way of knowing if assault class is going to jet pack up, or sprint boost at you with a shotgun and then gain ~40% of his health back on a kill.
-Speaking of cards, spending money can make you a nigh unkillable god compared to the unwashed masses thanks to the dumb p2w mechanics they are baking into the game. Sure I suppose over time this will get better as the poors begin to unlock things in game but for a good long while the game is gonna be dominated by nerds with their mom's credit card.
-You have to decide between grinding for loot crate unlocks to stay competitive or grinding for the immensely expensive heroes.
-No real conquest mode.

The worst of these sins is definitely the inability to play with your friends. What a loving waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Bought the deluxe pre-order, bought EA early access, in for the $90 ultimate loot box pack, got my dudes all loaded up like:

quote:

+200% health
+70% ranged damage
Gain 5 seconds invincibility on kill
Tracker scope attachment automatically adds tracking mark to target, all damage to target increased by 50%
Shield ability extended to 180 degrees and 300% capacity
Gain 10x battle points when playing objectives

:getin: and just go ahead and type gg if you see me in a server.