Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
New MMORPG being published by Bluehole (Same guys that published PUBG!)

Downside is they are using Kakao, same company that is in charge Black Deserts Online USA's cash store....

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvZo59uhz5E

Website
https://www.airthegame.com/teaser

Some interesting stuff going on in the teaser trailer. Looks like Final Fantasy 14 almost except you can actually ride Magitek Armor and fly Airships into combat.

Only a small amount of classes but knowing Kakao's background they'll release more classes over the years and charge you up the butthole for them.

All in all it's an interesting twist on Realm vs Realm combat by including actual air vehicles to ride into battle but knowing Kakao they will end up loving us hard for money to do anything worthwhile.

But hey maybe I'll be wrong and they'll have an amazing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
I'm not even cautiously optimistic about any game in development, because no one makes games anymore, they make cash farms.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait to pre order a hundred dollar founder pack for a game that ends up being so terrible I quit before level 20.

*throws money into fireplace*

Calef
Aug 21, 2007

blue hole more like black hole am i right

Actually this does look pretty neat but 'looking neat' is not the problem that most modern early-access cash shop micro-transaction b2f2x2play mmos in forever-development have right now

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Actually unlike most MMOs being developed right now (pantheon, crowfall, ashes, start citizen, shroud... So many others...), this one will have an official release of 2018 if some sources are to be believed.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Oh you can basically 100% count on games like this being released, it's "How much of a cash grab piece of poo poo will it be?". Which I will absolutely find out because I am a punk rear end buster motherfucker and will throw down with magitek bullshit no question :(

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Mulva posted:

...because I am a punk rear end buster motherfucker and will throw down with magitek bullshit no question :(

Right? loving FF6 has ruined me. I loving need Magitek armor.

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

I wish it was not so meh in character creation. Classes and gender locks which doesn't seem so dynamic. It has so many other things going for it though.

I will probably play it, but I know it wont be for long and I will get bored since there isn't much depth in character creation and development

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is there some sort of beta or try out period going on right now? the subscribe button doesn't work for me on their site

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

According to their Project Manager. There are no gender locks. Each class will have sub-classes to further specialize (At least 2 per class confirmed).

Korea is entering a closed beta test Dec 13th. Anyone with a Korean # can apply to enter it between now and the 10th or something like that.

NA CBT confirmed for Q1/Q2 of 2018. Game is 60% confirmed via a Korean Developer on twitter/forums. Game is targeted for Q4 2018/Q1 2019 release.

I'm pretty well versed on the information released so far. Feel free to ask away.

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

SabinBlitz posted:

According to their Project Manager. There are no gender locks. Each class will have sub-classes to further specialize (At least 2 per class confirmed).

Korea is entering a closed beta test Dec 13th. Anyone with a Korean # can apply to enter it between now and the 10th or something like that.

NA CBT confirmed for Q1/Q2 of 2018. Game is 60% confirmed via a Korean Developer on twitter/forums. Game is targeted for Q4 2018/Q1 2019 release.

I'm pretty well versed on the information released so far. Feel free to ask away.

I didn't realize the gender lock was lifted. Cool

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
was that loving barrel mario kart at 2:08? why isn't that in every MMO!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
As someone who played Archage because Boat PvP in MMOs was something I wanted for a thousand eons, this seems extremely my poo poo.

On the other hand, I will literally never ever level through another lovely Korean Cryengine MMO to get to those cool parts, which is a bummer.

• Locked thread