Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sportsgenius86 posted:

Chris Holtmann is a loving magician
Keita Bates-Diop made The Leap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Big Ten has those four solid to good teams (Purdue MSU UM OSU) and everyone else in the conference is actively bad except maybe Indiana.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm yeah maybe. I guess I kind of wrote off Maryland after seeing how Ohio State trounced them, knowing they'd recently lost Jackson (and Bender) for the season. Also their defense is really bad.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

kiimo posted:

What site is that from I'd like to look up the Big 12

I got it frmo The Athletic, I don't know if they do them for all the conferences or if it's just the Big Ten writer doing them. I looked a little bit and didn't find a Big 12 one

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh wait I think I found the source the guy uses. Never heard of this website before but drat I like it

http://barttorvik.com/conf.php?conf=B12

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

kittenmittons posted:

Getting back Keita Bates-Diop this year helped a lot, too. He is really loving good.
Yeah Matta sadly being washed is a big part of it but this is huge too. Everyone knew he'd be back and that he was a solid contributor, but instead he's the frontrunner for Big Ten POTY which is a huge boost for the team comparatively.

Btw, they seem pretty much for real. They have one loss since December, to UNC, and even in that game KBD had a positive +/- but was hampered by foul trouble. North Carolina's big run came when he was subbed out. A lot of their Big Ten wins have been by convincing margins.

Lyle was arrested last spring for punching a police car.

Edit: incidentally, theyre playing an away game against an "ok" northwestern team tonight which is a decent test since theyve only played away at iowa and wisconsin in conference so far

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 18, 2018

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

No St. Mary's either

boooooooo
Yeah that bums me out. Didn't they get screwed a year or two ago too? That team is good and just can't pad their profile out in their weak conference.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Hot take, the teams they kept out were also going to do poorly.

That said, I understand it's a financial issue.
Gonzaga has proved to be pretty good in the NCAA tournament several times, and St. Mary's usually finishes with a similar conference record and beats them once during the season. They'd be solid.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

After the way he washed out badly his last few years at Ohio State, I wouldn't bet on him. But he was great once and I wish him luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

PotatoJudge posted:

He was really hampered by that back problem or whatever, so if that's better maybe he'll be ok. Then again how many old guys' backs get better as they age?
A few different seasons Ohio State preseason buzz was that Matta's back was doing a lot better, etc etc. They kept getting worse, and had whole recruiting classes come in and then transfer out.

• Locked thread