Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

We have renovations coming! (At least I think that's the side of the stadium that has renovations coming? There's some huge plan for one of the end zones).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

top notch work by the OSU student section

idgi

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

I love sitting there. 2 shows for the price of one!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What's so special about it, change in slope, forget how many steps you got, ???

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm sure it's about an inch higher than the previous ones.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was in the cheap seats for the Sugar Bowl last year after not being in the Superdome for like 20 years and I remember it being extremely steep, like I wonder how drunk people do not routinely die.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

There's a bug on iphone where the word "I" is being auto-corrected to "A ?"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pakled posted:

That's two years in a row now we've beaten Virginia Tech when we had no business doing so.

:bang:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CAN SOMEONE, ANYONE ON THIS FORUM JUST LIKE THEIR FOOTBALL TEAM AND THINK THEY'LL DO WELL, EVEN SCIONIX DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE HE HAS TEXAS AS A MISERY SINK

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

roll drat tide

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Alaois posted:

CAN SOMEONE, ANYONE ON THIS FORUM JUST LIKE THEIR FOOTBALL TEAM AND THINK THEY'LL DO WELL, EVEN SCIONIX DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE HE HAS TEXAS AS A MISERY SINK

my team is awful hth

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

Raku seems not only rock solid in Bama optimism but he claims every Alabama player in the NFL is amazing, even the awful ones.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I also went to Memphis so I'm hoping for a good outcome there. That's the best I can so because I'm not optimistic about coach hiring.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I also went to Memphis so I'm hoping for a good outcome there. That's the best I can so because I'm not optimistic about coach hiring.

Mike Norvell might be cool.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Alaois posted:

No. College football, like all things in life, is about pain, suffering, self-loathing, and hate.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I've been down on UF so long I️ don't remember what it's like to feel good about my team.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Must have been a hard 10 years.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vikingstrike posted:

Must have been a hard 10 years.

Well, 7.

And I'm well aware that UF has given us enough happiness for a lifetime. Doesn't stop me from wanting more. :getin:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Alaois posted:

CAN SOMEONE, ANYONE ON THIS FORUM JUST LIKE THEIR FOOTBALL TEAM AND THINK THEY'LL DO WELL

Can I be stoked for that 18 ranking next year now that Houston has a QB suited to its offense

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 13, 2017

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
lol at you gator bitches crying about down years

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that being said, Deacs Bitch

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

lol at you gator bitches crying about down years

hey....hey....stop it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

There's a bug on iphone where the word "I" is being auto-corrected to "A ?"

Ah, I’ve been seeing that a ton and assumed something was wrong with my iPad

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

that being said, Deacs Bitch

I was listening to the game on XM on a long drive, turned it on right after halftime, it was the syracuse homers and oh man those poor bastards went from peak to valley hard. That was a goddamn absurd comeback.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

I was listening to the game on XM on a long drive, turned it on right after halftime, it was the syracuse homers and oh man those poor bastards went from peak to valley hard. That was a goddamn absurd comeback.

I just realized the two coaches of that game were Dave Clawson and Dino Babers and now the result just seems very fitting.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

You're going to have to help me out to think of something nice to say about Bert's pigs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

I just realized the two coaches of that game were Dave Clawson and Dino Babers and now the result just seems very fitting.

I felt so drat good for Dave. He's been part of some of the weirdest drat games at Wake

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

I felt so drat good for Dave. He's been part of some of the weirdest drat games at Wake

the light mirror of

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

the light mirror of

I will never forget the "we just set back offensive football by 100 years" quote Dave had after that game, it was fantastic.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

I will never forget the "we just set back offensive football by 100 years" quote Dave had after that game, it was fantastic.

before this season when Wake's offense really started clicking wasn't there an insane stat where they were like, 4-18 in games where they scored a touchdown and 3-0 in games where they didn't

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

but what about the teams that the forum has decided nobody is allowed to like

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It's Monday and Butch Jones is no longer head coach at the University of Tennessee. I woke up with a clear head, the weather is nice (if a bit cold) and everything feels right in the world.

Time to find a new avatar

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Alaois posted:

Hi there. This season has been magical for me. Prior to this season, the last time we beat FSU, I was in my first year living in China. I was at a bar at 7 AM watching the game on a pirated feed, and had yet to meet my wife. I was at the FSU game this year, and I didn't think that anything else could feel as great as that did. I was wrong. That ND game on Saturday was just fantastic. That atmosphere was amazing, and I hadn't seen my dad that happy at a football game in a long time. It was just a non-stop party for 4 hours. I've been to 7 games this year (would have been 8 but I missed the GT game because I was in California for a wedding), and I'll be at the ACC championship game sitting in the 5th row between the 40 and 50. For once, I'm not worried about UVA or Pitt because we finally have a real coaching staff. I think we'll probably have a letdown game, but I think we can win. I can't remember the last time we didn't poo poo the bed in a big game. Something just feels different about this team.

People make fun of Miami fans, but I've been one since birth and I've been there for the good and bad. I'm super excited for the future of our team. Richt hasn't even had his monster class come in yet. This season beat my expectations, and I'm just glad that for once my faith is justified.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
LSU lost to Troy

LSU beat Auburn

:lol:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I’m happy for Miami this year. If Bama doesn’t win it all, I hope Miami does.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
One of the best NC's I ever watched was a Stallings-led 'Bama completely dismembering Miami even though I've never had a rooting interest in either team. It would actually be pretty cool to see those two meet up in the big game again.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Alaois posted:

As a Florida alum, I feel like Mel Brooks in Life Stinks, wearing rags and hobnobbing with the likes of Kentucky football and Vanderbilt football. It's wretched.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Awesome. Glad UGA really is embracing the student athlete.

quote:

The University of Georgia Bulldogs have won their way to the top of the college football rankings this year. But academically, the Bulldogs have been heading the other direction.

UGA football was dead last among SEC schools in the NCAA’s annual “graduation success rate” report cards this year. The NCAA released its annual report this month.

Created by the NCAA as an alternative to federal rules for calculating graduation rates, the graduation success rate, or GSR, counts athletes who leave school in good academic standing the same as if they’d graduated. The federal rate counts only those who actually do graduate within six years of enrolling, statistically treating a top athlete who left school early in good standing to play professional sports or transfer to another school the same as someone who flunked out.

For the class that entered in 2010-11, Bulldog football’s GSR was 53, which isworst among the SEC’s 14 universities. Its federal graduation rate, 41 percent was also the league’s worst. The six-year measuring period for that class ended with this spring’s college graduations.

The top-ranked University of Alabama football team tied Mississippi State for the league’s third-best football GSR with 84 percent, behind Vanderbilt at 90, and South Carolina at 98.

UGA’s overall GSR, counting all the NCAA scholarship sports, was also below average. Only three schools in the SEC were below UGA’s all-sports score of 83.

The national GSR for all NCAA athletes was 87 percent. Black athlete’s GSR reached an all-time high of 77 percent, according to the NCAA.

UGA’s graduation success rate for black athletes was 62.

UGA’s cellar finish in football completed a descent from four years ago, when UGA tied Vanderbilt for the SEC’s best score.

UGA’s football GSR last year, 60 percent, was only slightly higher than this year’s 53.

Most other UGA sports posted higher GSR numbers than football, particularly women’s sports.

Men’s basketball and women’s swimming and diving were at 100 percent for the third consecutive year. Women’s gymnastics was 100 percent for the ninth year in a row.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

before this season when Wake's offense really started clicking wasn't there an insane stat where they were like, 4-18 in games where they scored a touchdown and 3-0 in games where they didn't

Yeah I think that was Dave's first couple of years there. It was hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I saw Georgia Tech is talking to UTSA about setting up a game December 2 to insure bowl eligibility should they lose to Duke.

• Locked thread