Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I've kinda drifted away from Doctor Who over Series 10 and beyond, especially after Chibnall was named as Moffat's replacement (with a slight uptick in interest after Whitaker was announced). Big Finish has become increasingly dull and formulaic, and despite some very strong work in the last series I was getting sick of Moffat's Moffatisms.

I see that I was right in doing so. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Not a spoiler for the series, but for the BF audios. In this month's release "Thin Time", the Fifth Doctor has a sit down at the end with Jacob Dudman's Eleventh Doctor

he does a pretty good impression but it'll be cool when Matt Smith comes back one day (which I do think is very likely, he's obviously a young and busy actor right now but he consistently said how much he loved the role)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I don't want more Tennant.

There, I've said it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

*furiously banging on table*
BRING
BACK
MATT
SMITH

We even know RTD can write him (well, even!)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I really, really like The Beast Below and I think it's one of Matt Smith's all time best acted episode

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

IIRC it was the very first filmed 11 story, specifically so that when Smith filmed The Eleventh Hour he’d already have a feel for 11’s personality.

I think the first filmed ones were the ones where he has a different jacket and haircut, so the Angels two parter and the silly Daleks one. Certainly he seems to have more of a grip lf and developed direction for the character in TBB and The Eleventh Hour in comparison, I think.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I liked Moffat's entire run, some of my favs eps, Doctors, and companions were during his time. I know people here act like it was the worst thing to happen to Who until Chib, but I thought it was fantastic.

Yeah, I did a full rewatch a couple of years ago and overall the highs or even mids out-do the lows. The cast always carries it and as hamfisted and laddy as the writing can get the overall ethos is something I can still really get behind

Chibs was just wallpaper. There was no ethos that I could detect. I'll take Moffat's too clever by half bullshit and RTD's first draft at the list minute emotionalism over Nothing Really any day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just give me one last proper televised Sly story, I’m begging you Rusty