Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, I get why you guys hate Jason Jordan now.

I'll reserve judgement until after Smackdown (and probably what I'm doing Saturday) but that RAW definitely pushed me over the edge from "probably subscribing for War Games and Survivor Series for the hell of it" to "nah, I have better things to do with $10 and a weekend."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still actually like the guy, think he has some talent, and thought that in a vacuum he's getting a pretty un-WWE-like balanced push where they try and get him over gradually instead of just shoving him up the card with a rocket.

But then this whole thing about making him the fifth member, having Steph poo poo on him, writing him out with injury, having him badly act a really ridiculous story, and then have HHH do his thing on him and I kinda get why people dislike him so much. Because even if I know its not really Jason Jordan's fault, man was that some dogshit booking.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can only speak for myself and all I can say is that I'm over HHH. I have been for a long time. You can guarantee me he'll have good matches and put over the young talent in the end and I'd still just have no desire to watch any more of him doing the same thing he's done for so long. I wasn't excited for Jason Jordon being n the match, I don't dispute that HHH is an upgrade, I just couldn't care less to watch HHH. Maybe if he went away for a long time I might miss him or if he did something really different. But its an uphill climb because I just feel like I've seen more HHH than I ever need to in my lifetime.

I don't think that's "overreacting." Its just a result of 20 years of WWE content and HHH's ever present character. I'm not saying he isn't good. I'm not saying there wasn't a time I enjoyed him. I've just seen as much of that as I really have any interest in seeing. I'm full.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rovert posted:

Fabulous little segment from last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g03Dv-Mbp2g

Miss that era of Smackdown so hard.

I just don't understand why Survivor Series turns every face in WWE into the Four Horsemen willing to beat down and hurt anyone to protect... their color of t-shirt?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blaise330 posted:

Brand loyalty, something KO and Sami know nothing about

Weren't they actually pretty mad they didn't make their teams too?

The 205 Live guys seem to largely be unaffected by this strange phenomena.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still kind of think I'm a "casual viewer" at least by modern WWE standards. I mean, I know I'm not actually casual as I follow on here and DVRs every show. But like, I'm someone who theoretically will subscribe based on the strength of a PPV card or a must see match. The last matches that drew me to "buy" were Balor vs Rollins and Styles vs Cena and the main reason I am considering "buying" Survivor Series is Styles vs Brock. HHH centered matches actively turn me away at this stage and lowered my interest in Survivor Series.

Again, I can only speak for myself. I have no idea if HHH is good for subscriptions or something. And my Balor and Styles draws are clearly very "smark" inspired.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blaise330 posted:

They didn't get shirts.

They should storm the ring during RAW in purple shirts and unite with a bunch of guys in yellow NXT shirts.

It made me care about the Invasion for a week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, HHH is kind of the avatar of WWE booking. If you like WWE booking you probably are cool with HHH and think people are unfair about him. If you're tired of WWE booking you probably have a somewhat visceral or instinctive reaction to HHH and a "here we go again" response. If he wins and looks good it feels like McMahon ego booking and talent burial and if he loses it just kind of feels like a drop in the ocean.

How "fair" it is, I don't know. But it's just where we're at.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

VJeff posted:

Daniel Bryan loving hated AJ Styles back at Mania season and now he's being his pitchman for Survivor Series.

I mean, at least Bryan has a real rational motivation to want to see his champ beat the other shows champ.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, the champ vs champ stuff at least makes sense. Of course Raw's tag team champions would want to prove that they're better than Smackdown's, or the IC champion proving he's better than the US champion, and so on. It's all the rabid "brand loyalty" poo poo from everyone else that I can't stand. Bayley shouldn't be doing gang beat downs on Becky Lynch, the Shield shouldn't all be ganging up on a 47 year old Shane McMahon. It's all stupid and makes everyone on both rosters look like assholes, except Sami and Owens who remain pure and innocent.

I could buy into "brand loyalty" in the right circumstances. It would make sense for some faces to want to represent their brand in the name of sportsmanship. It would make sense for certain heels to want to prove their superiority. It would make sense for rivals to want to best each other after being separated by brands. It would make sense for under card workers to want to make a name for themselves or gain favor by fighting for their brand. Its storytelling that could work if some thought was put into it.

But instead every face and heel on one show hates and assaults every face and heel on the other show with a unity to their rivals that wasn't there 3 weeks ago and will disappear next week and a viciousness and passion that came out of nowhere. It just seems dumb and lazy and abandons the notion that any of the wrestlers have consistent characters or motivations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm mostly curious as to if "Ellsworth would have been transgender" meant that he'd put on a dress and say he was "transgendered" and deserves equal rights to compete in the Women's division or if he was going to get breasts or something.

I mean, I know its the first one but I just have this image of Ellsworth in the Marilyn Manson suit I can't shake.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Renaissance Spam posted:

You know in your heart it was going to be the former and there probably would have been a bathroom sketch in there.

Oh for sure. I know Vince and WWE. But I can't shake the image.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, is there a 3 hour pre-show? That's just absurd.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

big 4 ppvs start an hour earlier

Ahh. I guess that's less absurd? Technically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Do it ironically posted:

cena was like just there, no shirt or blue smackdown anything and he just played up the crowd a bit eliminated then got eliminated and left, im still not sure why they put him in there

That stood out to me. Like i was making jokes with my friend about how Shane didn't wear a Smackdown shirt and needed a personalized thing and Triple H just did his own thing entirely. But then Cena came out not even bothering to put on one of his blue outfits and we just cracked up.

He truly is a free agent. For unclear reasons.

Seams posted:

actually hhh is cool as suggested by this tweet

https://twitter.com/WWEIndia/status/932448009991872512

Wait, is "The Creator" an actual HHH nickname? Because drat... that's even more on the nose than "King of Kings."

• Locked thread