Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
than being treated like poo poo by some douche canoe who decided to put Darth Vader behind a 40 hours grind. Or the best content in Destiny behind a 2 hours multiplayer only activity.

I loving envy all the people who keep playing From games years after they landed in the market. Or Xcom. Or anything. I can only keep playing Elite Dangerous, which is good but shallow.

Games should have higher assets and their scripts to be made more consistent from their developers, not modders. I want official expansions for Flight Simulator from Microsoft and not require 200$ of mini dlcs to be installed from seven different vendors and in a certain order otherwise I need to reinstall everything from scratch.

Why I can pay for premium food or clothing or cars but I can't buy some videogame that is not "Verizon the customer service" but in videogame form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i will just pay normal price for normal games, which will be available forever

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
CD Projekt Red will give you 200 dollars worth of games for like 90 dollars

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do you want MILF Simulator II to be good or do you want it to be cheap? :catstare:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Buy Mario Odyssey

Raw game for the dollar bang, no fuss no lie no pass no dlc

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I'd rather shoot myself than care this much about a video game. Just don't buy it you big baby.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you let the video game industry trick you into being willing to pay $200

good job

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

imagine caring about vibeogabs

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Schweinhund posted:

I'd rather shoot myself than care this much about a video game. Just don't buy it you big baby.

Look at this noob playing easy mode.
Booooohhh, boooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

have you considered playing good games instead OP

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
You could be like me and pay 100 dollars up front every year for the new call of duty game, only to wait for them to let you download the full game over the course of the next year (and by the time it's finished, the next one will be coming out soon and everyone will quit and go to that one).

I don't care if a game makes me unlock things, it's non-free DLC that's the problem.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There is no grind. Just accept that the game actually costs $2000, not $60.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
its just a game. just dont buy it and move on and this poo poo wouldn't keep happening

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

imagine learning a skill, or an instrument, or pursuing knowledge you are passionate about, or making new friendships with people you'll hold in your heart for a lifetime

instead you sit at home in your squalor worrying about (and sometimes playing) video games and not realizing how big of a waste of time it is

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Who has even time for video games these days?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
who cares if a game is lovely. play something else or better yet, do something useful with your time.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress loot boxes forever

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

What is a loot box?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

I.C. posted:

What is a loot box?

oh! im glad you asked

its where you pay money for a CHANCE to get SOMETHING GREAT that is actually NONEXISTENT but its TOTALLY GREAT!

see team fortress 2, overwatch, this dumb idiot game and many others.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

but idiots still buy and play these stupid games and then they complain and wonder why companies keep doubling down on this behaviour

gamers are seriously the worst, i bet harvey weinstein was a gamer

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

oh! im glad you asked

its where you pay money for a CHANCE to get SOMETHING GREAT that is actually NONEXISTENT but its TOTALLY GREAT!

That sounds like a lottery.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

I.C. posted:

it is exactly a lottery, but the prizes dont have any real world value so in fact it is worse than a lottery

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

imagine if winning the lottery meant you got to show a bunch of strangers that you played a game a whole bunch

now we're getting close to it

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

it is exactly a lottery, but the prizes dont have any real world value so in fact it is worse than a lottery

they do have real life value tho

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

they do have real life value tho

in TF2 you could sell/trade hats, which is fuckign moronic but had SOME value

but in most of these loot crate games that is not the case

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I've never paid more than $60 for a game. And most games I get for $30 or less.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I.C. posted:

It's straight up unregulated gambling

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

in TF2 you could sell/trade hats, which is fuckign moronic but had SOME value

but in most of these loot crate games that is not the case

they bring enjoyment to their owners and in a lot of cases also have trade / resale value depending on supply and demand. they have value, just not to you

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's straight up unregulated gambling

There's also like a gazillion companies straight up embezzling money over it, because their target audience are dumb teenage boys (or grownups lol) with zero experience of handlig money like adults.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Find games (or new hobbies) that don’t make you feel frustrated and drain your bank account

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
you know, baseball cards were basically just a loot box scam. are you mad at baseball cards or do you just not care like a normal person

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

oh! im glad you asked

I don't know why this marketing works on me but it does every time. You don't want to know how much money I've blown on loot boxes/similar things in various games. Whatever you're thinking it's probably higher.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I'm mystified by the concept of paying for nothing.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Just play Star Wars with pine cones like as I did back in the day.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

well before this loot box stuff, almost all of the money I made in guild wars was from getting these dumb bags with 99.95% garbage and the chance at something amazing, then selling them off for way more than they were worth on average. pawning them off was incredibly quick and easy. gambling just breaks some people's brains

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't know why this marketing works on me but it does every time. You don't want to know how much money I've blown on loot boxes/similar things in various games. Whatever you're thinking it's probably higher.

Some might call you dumb, but the truth is you have a sickness and bad, heartless people are exploiting it.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

they bring enjoyment to their owners

well that's just loving depressing

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

well that's just loving depressing

some ppl collect plastic dolls of underaged girls flashing their panties. loot boxes, who cares

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
id rather play tennis with my sexy friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Orkin Mang posted:

id rather play tennis with my sexy friends

i'd rather play strip uno with yr mom

• Locked thread