Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

What is Session?
Session (Formally Project Session) is an upcoming Skateboarding sim from Crea-ture Studios from Montréal. It seems to be trying to hit the simulation side hard (see: the controls) and its giving off sick SKATE 3 hardcore mode vibes.
It is currently in pre alpha and there is a Kickstarter coming on November 21st... but who gives a poo poo about that.
What we care about is the free demo they've released to hype the Kickstarter.

Gimmi dat poo poo!
https://goo.gl/forms/yktvauCUcDbXdqqk2

It asks you for an email, but you can just hit next if you don't want to do that and it'll start the download.

Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJgwodJHFQk

:siren: WARNING :siren: This video has youtuber head syndrome and also has a level and character that you wont get in the demo. He does give a good rundown of how the controls work though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1RPOBBjUEI

Controls
The controls are hard to get a hang of if you're coming from SKATE. I put hundreds of hours into its taken me about 2 or 3 hours to get used to the controls in Sessions. That said, now that my brain has got it, it works quite well.

So if you've been having SKATE withdrawals like me, I've had fun stuffing around in the demo. Apparently they may expand it during the Kickstarter. I'm assuming they'll try and bugfix the youtuber demo park and release that, but we'll see. The prison is very limited but I've still had fun working on lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'll only play it if it has the same awesome physics glitches that skate had tbh

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I've been jonesing for my skate fix for loving years hell yeah

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I wanted to play this but the demo doesn't recognize PS4 controllers as far as I can tell. RIP

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

God drat Dam God posted:

I wanted to play this but the demo doesn't recognize PS4 controllers as far as I can tell. RIP

For now, you can use DS4Windows to trick it into thinking its a Xbox controller.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I never played Skate but I am interested in this game, definitely gonna try that demo and keep an eye on it.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Kickstarter is now live at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/100195109/session-skateboarding-simulation-game-by-crea-ture

Over half way in under a day!

I'm still coasting around in the prison demo. Loving it, though I had to switch to simple controls as I couldn't get my head around swapping sticks for left and right foot.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
As someone who was one of the regulars on goonskate during skate 2 and 3...let me say: gently caress yes.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

They hit target quickly, which is ace! I'm hoping they hit the recording/editing stretch goal because drat that'd be rad. Need more SKATE people to back this...

Is there still an active skate thread, while I'm thinking of it?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Skate was the best poo poo ever so I'm holding on to hope for this. Skate 3 online while it was active just after launch is something I have really fond memories of!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I bought my brother Skate 3 and I had a lot of fun watching him play on all of the crazy rear end custom skate parks in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of the most useful things I've gotten down is how to reliably powerslide how you want: Backside is both sticks out, Frontside is both sticks in.

Also, Nollie Tre Bombing. :whatup:

• Locked thread