Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Well Played Mauer posted:

Even if he does opt out, the Dodgers will get him back. They're under the cap this year and unless they know something other teams don't, I doubt they'll walk away from the best lefty the team has had since Koufax.

If he opts out and the Dodgers don't bring him back it's a screaming red flag imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gary has sucked this year but progression isn't always linear and it's not like he wasn't good as recently as uhhhhh last year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

The only thing awful here... is your posting!!!!

:eyepop:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Second-half Tanaka was great last year and then he was loving nails in the postseason, I have no qualms about giving him the ball in the WC game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Trading Warren was dumb bullshit.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Yankees are going to finish with a better record than they did in 2017 and if the Red Sox didn't reach absolute peak bullshit in tyool 2018 we wouldn't even be considering the idea that this Yankees team isn't very good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Ignore the record. It's meaningless. There are so many bad teams that there are inflated records all over the league. It's just blatantly obvious that they aren't playing well.... I don't know why there is an argument about that. They just lost a series to the frigging twins and only got no hit by a terrible starter... Are people in here blind?

3rd best Run Diff in the MLB

4th best wRC+ (3rd in the AL)

5th best WAR (3rd in the AL)

trash team

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

They’re a good team, but as Lindsey Adler wrote in the Athletic today, they definitely look like the “worst best team” in baseball and that it’s concerning that they’re “still working on stopping the bleeding from any one appendage on any given night.” And I guess that’s what is frustrating.

I agree with all of this and it's one of the worst possible times for everything to start getting all discombobulated.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Apparently they should have activated Judge weeks ago.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lumpy posted:

Guys, if we only look at the at-bats where our hitters didn’t get on base, you’ll see that we really lost that game 1-0 and you should be furious.

DFA Severino, did you see how he gave up a run?!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
For real though, Sheff got into some trouble last night (and got a bit squeezed) but his reaction after he got out of the jam is so good and I <3 him.

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1042602013459185664

I also loved how Gary practically picked Britton up off the ground while hugging him on Tuesday night.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
What has Gary messed up tonight exactly?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
All that matters right now is

https://twitter.com/TorresGleyber/status/1043679584737288192?s=19

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The world is a gently caress.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I am a fan of Kevin Cash saying the Yankees didn't have a "Bullpen Day," they had a "Closer Day."

Tarpley was a bubble 40-man candidate for this winter (I think he'll be Rule 5 eligible and will absolutely get taken) and I think he's making a pretty good case to be added right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lumpy posted:

I'm sick so I went to bed in the 8th, but I saw that catch and hot drat was it a good one. Any word on Hicks? When I saw him run to 1st I told my daughter "He's hurt. He won't say anything but he just hurt himself" and I further cemented her mistaken opinion that I am an all-knowing genius when he left the game.

Hicks says he should be back in a couple of days and the pull was mostly precautionary, but it's a hammy issue so I assume he'll never play again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It should probably be Ohtani since he kept hitting but I have a really hard time looking at Miggy putting up 2.6/2.1 f/bWAR and saying he's indefensible and poo poo v0v

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

Didi was cleared to return to baseball activities per Boone on the Michael Kay Show. That sure is a huge difference from “season ending wrist injury”

Yeah, that whole thing swung around pretty quick.

EDIT: Also I know players are usually the worst source for info about their own injuries, but Sir Didi's own descriptions of the damage never seemed as bad as it was being made out.

EDIT2: Hicks says he also feels fine and ran on a treadmill and everything. They're still not gonna play him until they get out of Tampa which is fine by me.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Lifetime deal now.

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1045388122920570881?s=19

• Locked thread