Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Reindeer horde now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Red Bones posted:

I wonder if all of the Scandinavian/Baltic region countries will get mission trees, given that there's not that many countries up there. I might have missed a few, but off the top of my head it's just:

On map:
Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Holstein, Livonian Order, Teutonic Order, Riga

Formables:
Scandinavia, Kurland

Releasables:
Gotland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Danzig, Finland

Revolters:
Karelia, Sapmi

If you include the coastal countries in North Germany there's maybe a few more, but I imagine at least all the Scandinavians and the Baltic crusader states on the map at the start will get one.
Scandinavia could get some cool bespoke modular one that's a little different based upon who formed it. Or at least retains much of the old tag's content while giving you a bunch of new missions (maybe diplomacy or war based depending on how you formed Scandinavia? So, like, a stable Kalmar Union under Denmark would become "Danish Hapsburgs" but one formed by force by, like, Sweden becomes all about conquest).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just want them to update a bunch of the original missions trees that are now lovely and bad to be more on par with the new missions trees some countries got.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There is no way Scandinavia doesn't get totally overhauled. It's strictly worse than being Denmark or Sweden.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Put a Sapmi core on kola and give them a tree. :unsmigghh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jan Meyen when?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Really feels like they're taking pointers from
various mission mods with how out there that teutonic tree gets.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Here's hoping we eventually get a tree that rivals France (or most of them, really) in the HOI4 mod, Red Flood :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Its happened to me twice now that revolt due to separatism happens => I lower autonomy because the revolt risk is -100 because of recent revolt => a few months later I notice the revolt risk is at like 25 (separatism + autonomy lowered + OE/WE/ect) and the recent revolt modifier is gone
Did PDX change how that modifier works or am I mis-remembering it?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 5, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Detheros posted:

Here's hoping we eventually get a tree that rivals France (or most of them, really) in the HOI4 mod, Red Flood :v:

THIS ISN'T WORKING is amongst my favorite modded focus names. I still prefer EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE from EaW, though.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Teutonic horder is extremely my poo poo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can someone explain how native mechanics work? Like what should I be doing, what should I be working towards. Particularly in Australia, since I'm working for the Australia-Hungary cheevo.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
The way I would go about that: stay migratory, focus military mana, get a federation going and take the reform that makes the other members fight in your wars. Do as many Show Strength humiliation wars as possible, mark as much tribal land as you can.

When you reach military tech 6, you get to reform into a horde with no outside contact, this can be done long before any filthy Europeans get down under. Then you can conquer all of Australia, dev-push institutions, build boats, explore, conquer outside of Australia, do the usual horde thing.

That said, I saw some mad bastard on Reddit who'd gone and usurped the HRE, revoked the Privilegia, and then formed Rome. Without ever reforming out of the native tribe government. So clearly there are multiple ways.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I started as Ethiopia and released Semien in January 1445 without doing corny stuff to wreck Ethiopia. Ethiopia decided to surround me by eating my Coptic neighbors to the north and I got support independence from Adal. I almost screwed up the war by not hiring every available merc at the beginning of the game and losing a couple big battles to Ethiopia and Kaffa, while my ally Adal failed to support my attacks at all. Would have been easier if I had built a castle or 2 before fighting, but after Kaffa and Adal peaced out I was able to turn the tide. Economy is wrecked but still I'm pretty thrilled with how it went. There's also a substantial Beta Israel mission tree to check out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Groke posted:

The way I would go about that: stay migratory, focus military mana, get a federation going and take the reform that makes the other members fight in your wars. Do as many Show Strength humiliation wars as possible, mark as much tribal land as you can.

When you reach military tech 6, you get to reform into a horde with no outside contact, this can be done long before any filthy Europeans get down under. Then you can conquer all of Australia, dev-push institutions, build boats, explore, conquer outside of Australia, do the usual horde thing.

That said, I saw some mad bastard on Reddit who'd gone and usurped the HRE, revoked the Privilegia, and then formed Rome. Without ever reforming out of the native tribe government. So clearly there are multiple ways.

What about for migrating, how often should I do that? My understanding is that I should sit in someone else's tribal land as long as possible.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
I would love it if Denmark got an achievement for naval bombarding London.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
There should be an achievement for Sweden where you lose your pride of the fleet to attrition

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wow, real loving classy Paradox, force me to release one of my provinces as a March with no option to decline. I'd rather lose 3 stability and all my monarch points, manpower, and money than deal with being forced to release an OPM as a march. This is infuriating because I'm on ironman so I just have to do it and deal with all the lovely concequences.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

TropicalCoke posted:

There should be an achievement for Sweden where you lose your pride of the fleet to attrition

is this a reference to a historical event or a metaphor for how paradox has been handling eu4?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

is this a reference to a historical event or a metaphor for how paradox has been handling eu4?
Probably refers to the ship Vasa, the epitome of the proud swedish maritime history and stockholm in general.

It was launched in fair conditions, sailed out into the middle of the harbor where it fell over and sank.

It's very disappointing there is no event for it if.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Wow, real loving classy Paradox, force me to release one of my provinces as a March with no option to decline. I'd rather lose 3 stability and all my monarch points, manpower, and money than deal with being forced to release an OPM as a march. This is infuriating because I'm on ironman so I just have to do it and deal with all the lovely concequences.

Are you okay?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

TropicalCoke posted:

I tried to do so Sweden could literally make Vasa, but the forum lit on fire when I even suggested to be funny.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

What about for migrating, how often should I do that? My understanding is that I should sit in someone else's tribal land as long as possible.

Yeah, whenever you can sit on someone else's land, do that. But first migrate a lot and mark a bunch of provinces for yourself. When you reform into a horde, all your tribal land becomes real provinces immediately.

Migrate whenever you approach 100% devastation.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Just release and no-CB them if you want it back so bad. It's not even half as bad as what you're suggesting! :v:

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
or just enjoy having a free 6k stack running around helping you out, if it isn't blocking you from doing missions.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Poil posted:

Probably refers to the ship Vasa, the epitome of the proud swedish maritime history and stockholm in general.

It was launched in fair conditions, sailed out into the middle of the harbor where it fell over and sank.

It's very disappointing there is no event for it if.

This is hilarious.

Also after looking it up, this line really drives home that bosses have been the same since the beginning of time:

quote:

However, Vasa was dangerously unstable, with too much weight in the upper structure of the hull. Despite this lack of stability, she was ordered to sea and foundered only a few minutes after encountering a wind stronger than a breeze.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

angryposting about paradox games is his posting gimmick

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jazerus posted:

Yeah I just literally don't know what he's talking about, what country?. Small marches are a good force multiplier anyways

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I think it's got to be one of the pirate ones, because iirc every other "create a nation and make them a march" events have a "gently caress off we're going to war now" option

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Rynoto posted:

This is hilarious.

Also after looking it up, this line really drives home that bosses have been the same since the beginning of time:

They raised it and made it into a really cool museum if you get to Stockholm.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yeah I just literally don't know what he's talking about, what country?. Small marches are a good force multiplier anyways

Morocco has one to release a pirate OPM. I think there is one in SEA too

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I had just ground out a minor victory vs Castille + Aragon + Portugal + Naples as Tunis in like 1520. The only thing keeping me solvent is coastal raiding every 10 years and if I'm forced to release a pirate kingdom that can coastal raid, whlep, there goes my economy. Plus I was already at my relations cap and the event-province was next to Cueta, which had Colonialism (because Portugal had already embraced before I conquered it) so losing the province meant it would be that much harder to get Colonialism spread to my own lands so I could embrace it in a timely fashion without paying through the teeth to seed it. Being on 3 hours of sleep, again, I got really frustrated.

THE BAR posted:

Just release and no-CB them if you want it back so bad. It's not even half as bad as what you're suggesting! :v:
That would be -6 stability and a zillion AE and WE though and would mean it would slow down Colonialism spread per the above. I just really didnt want to give the province up. I was worried if I released+waited, Castille would swoop in and deny me being able to use the straights of Gibraltar to keep them out again so I was just really unhappy to be presented with an event with zero options other than "gently caress you, player".

Jazerus posted:

Yes I've angryposted in the past but when was the last time? When Aquatics released for Stellaris? I've been trying to clean up my act but I'm not perfect.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 9, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
No one angry posts about Paradox harder than I do, youre fine

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Yeah good job guys. You caught me

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

skasion posted:

Yeah good job guys. You caught me

\
⠀\

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Watch out for those Gutnish ghosts! :ghost:

Auto siege needs work, lmao

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Detheros posted:

Auto siege needs work, lmao

Yes, and not just that. I really just want them to not go for provinces that are already under siege or even just above supply limit. As is if you put multiple large stacks on auto siege they'll end up sitting on the same fort dying to attrition, often while other forts sit unsieged

Also, I just recently learned that you don't have to select any target states for auto sieging. If you leave the list empty it'll just go for everything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misunderstood that UI, especially since automatic rebel suppression doesn't work that way, annoyingly

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/europa-universalis-iv-development-diary-10th-of-may-2022.1524268/

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I like the looks of the Livonian and teutonic mission trees so far.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'd really like an alt-tsardom for republics (ie Novgorod) as a wildcard option for this update. It's kinda lame how doing Novgorod ends up just Muscovy with a tougher start, and the resulting Russia is identical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

y'all enjoying the third oddyessy update?