Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Peaky Blinders is just too good not to have a thread, so here's a low effort OP. Season 4 premiered tonight, or technically last night in England. For unknown reasons Netflix, who has exclusive streaming rights, has yet to even announce a date for putting the season up, the ways of streaming are mysterious and unknowable. Good thing there's no other ways to watch it instead.

Peaky Blinders is basically the Sopranos by way of Downton Abbey.

Wikipedia posted:

Peaky Blinders is a gangster family epic set in Birmingham, England in 1919, just after the First World War. The story centres on the Romani/Irish Peaky Blinders gang and their ambitious and highly cunning boss Tommy Shelby (played by Cillian Murphy). The gang comes to the attention of Chief Inspector Major Chester Campbell (played by Sam Neill), a detective in the Royal Irish Constabulary sent over by Winston Churchill from Belfast, where he had been sent to clean up the city of the Irish Republican Army (IRA), communists, gangs and common criminals. Winston Churchill (played by Andy Nyman in series 1 and Richard McCabe in series 2) charged him with suppressing disorder and uprising in Birmingham and recovering a stolen cache of arms meant to be shipped to Libya.

The second series is set two years after the first and sees the Shelby family expand their criminal organization in the "South and North [of London] while maintaining a stronghold in their Birmingham heartland." It begins in 1921 and ends with a climax at Epsom racecourse on Derby Day in June 1922.

Series three is set two years after Series two, in 1924. It follows Tommy and his family as they enter an even more dangerous world as they once again expand, this time, internationally.

Season 4 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzPzzenibm4

Things to know for season 4:
- One year has passed since season 3.
- The Shelby family, having made their fortune, has gone legit. They also aren't on speaking terms after the events of the season 3 finale
- The season is about New York Mafiosos coming to get revenge
- Tom Hardy is back this season :swoon:
- Adrien Brody and Aiden Gillen have been cast as new characters. :swoon:

If anyone wants to make an OP this show deserves, PM me and I'll close the thread and replace this OP or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So happy this is back. One of the best British shows of the decade, if not THE best. Not seen the premiere yet, but super excited to.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
seen the episode now. Wasn’t a fan of the way they wrapped up the cliffhanger, but other than that I really liked it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought it was okay. Apparently I need to rewatch season 3 because I don't remember most of it. All I remember is various Russians with various precious gems in various orifices, and Father Molesty. Oh and the fractured skull. :black101: Like the glasses this season as a result.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Argh I still need to finish season 3

This show is so good. Cillian Murphy :swoon:

e: oh and they've already greenlit season 5

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Can someone TLDR the Russians plotline from s3 because I don't remember it at fookin awl.

Everything else I think I remember???

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Does anybody know what Arthur meant when he said "He's gone, though, like a hole behind your head."?

I googled it but it doesn't seem to be a metaphor that has ever been used before PB, so I'm not sure what he meant by it...

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's been awhile since I've seen Season 3, but the mafia is trying to kill the Shelby's because John and Arthur killed that guy last season before he got on the boat, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

It's been awhile since I've seen Season 3, but the mafia is trying to kill the Shelby's because John and Arthur killed that guy last season before he got on the boat, right?

The Shelbys burned down his son's restaurant. Iirc because he was buying booze from someone else. Changretta demanded restitution and John tells him to gently caress himself. He threatens John who kicks the poo poo out of his son Angel first chance he gets.

At the big fancy dinner where Grace gets shot the shooter yelled out "For Angel"

For threatening his brother and killing his wife Tommy decides to have him kidnapped and orders John and Arthur to kill his wife. They can't bring themselves to kill his wife and take him instead.

In the basement where theyre holding him Tommy loses his poo poo and says he'll take his eyes and torture him to death but John on his religious kick pulls out his gun and shoots him to save Tommy from himself etc.

• Locked thread