Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

smash burgers tonight. Pickled jalapenos and secret aardvark on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

large hands posted:

smash burgers tonight. Pickled jalapenos and secret aardvark on this one

That crust omg

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

iajanus posted:

That crust omg

cast iron baby, worth setting off the smoke alarm for. made them a little thicker bc I had huge buns and didn't feel like a double

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Maybe but the best kind of bacon is from the belly.

"Rashers" and Canadian bacon don't make sense to me. There's no fat in Canadian bacon/Rashers, it's just the lean end of the loin.

Canadian Bacon is nicer as a whole bacon roast. It's just a brined pork loin in peameal (actually cornmeal now) but it stays juicier as a whole roast and then you can use it for sandwiches or bagged lunches, whatever. I like that it doesn't have much fat, they're pretty cheap and living alone, it'll do for 1 meal a day for the week for not much money, and I have a thing about fat sitting around for a week.

Anyway you put coarse mustard and cornichons.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
That's just the lovely end of a pork loin. It's better there (in a roast) than it is for breakfast, but definitely does not do a burger as good as the real thing.
Is it really that cheap that you can substitute it for a real meal?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

D. Ebdrup posted:

What's typically called bacon in America is normally referred to as 'flæsk' in Danish, and is served in much thicker slices with potatoes topped with white sauce plus parsley and pickled beets on the side.

Is it smoked and cured like bacon? Like swedish fläsk? I wonder if it's only in Finland we typically fry uncured raw strips of pork belly that we salt first when frying in the pan. They usually make it into a gravy, but in my family we typically skip the sauce part and just use the fat drippings straight on the potatoes, it's so good with all those crunchy bits... and man you put a little in a plate and dip rye bread in it...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What do Canadians call Canadian bacon? What about American bacon? Do they call it American ham?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Steamed hams

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Leal posted:

What do Canadians call Canadian bacon? What about American bacon? Do they call it American ham?

I don't know about Canadians but here in Aus we call it American bacon.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Leal posted:

I’m from Toronto, I’ve never seen anything here labeled “Canadian Bacon”. Normal American “streaky” bacon is just called bacon, and the porkloin style is “peameal bacon”.

What I’ve seen Americans call Canadian Bacon (like what’s on an Egg McMuffin) seems to just be ham? I didn’t know that it was supposed to be “Canadian Bacon” until reading it somewhere as an adult.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 17, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Speaking of bacon, picked up a lb of "American Bacon" yesterday. It was 7.99-9.99 per pound for the decent stuff.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Costco bacon cheeseburger time.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sometimes the simplest burger really is the best burger.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
So a basically incorrect green chile cheeseburger

Guajillo chiles and smoked Bavarian cheese

Ate well enough though!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Is it really that cheap that you can substitute it for a real meal?

It's crazy cheap, like $2/lb (admittedly for the store brand.) It's also a Canada thing, where all food is more expensive so bear that in mind - even the incedibly discount place I buy groceries ("Food Basics") has a kilo of stewing beef on for $7+. As part of a meal I'd have it with starch and a veg.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Torquemada posted:

Ate well enough though!

gently caress

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Torquemada posted:

Ate well enough though!

Why so thick, Rick

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

angerbeet posted:

It's crazy cheap, like $2/lb (admittedly for the store brand.) It's also a Canada thing, where all food is more expensive so bear that in mind - even the incedibly discount place I buy groceries ("Food Basics") has a kilo of stewing beef on for $7+. As part of a meal I'd have it with starch and a veg.

drat dude that's cheaper than chicken.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Tiny smashburgs last night:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Brawnfire posted:

Why so thick, Rick

Sometimes I want crispy crunchy smashers, sometimes I want them to moo a bit when I bite into them; this one falls into the second category.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I think I'm over eating undercooked ground beef. Steak? sure. But the poo poo they do to process beef nowadays has me :barf:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I think I'm over eating undercooked ground beef. Steak? sure. But the poo poo they do to process beef nowadays has me :barf:

Me too! That’s why I don’t eat a lot of burgers; this sort of thing is a lot of work~

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
one of the advantages of smash burgers is that you can use crappy grocery store ground beef.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Torquemada posted:

Me too! That’s why I don’t eat a lot of burgers; this sort of thing is a lot of work~

Oh right you're that poster, you can go thick as you want homie

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

chia posted:

Tiny smashburgs last night:

Hold me closer tiny smashburg

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Torquemada posted:

Bit lean there, brother. Treat yourself.

None of us are getting out of the 2020s alive.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

angerbeet posted:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

angerbeet posted:

:discourse:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
^new thread title plz

homemade bun, two 3oz patties, "deluxe" kraft american cheese and roasted a hatch chile:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Don Dongington posted:

None of us are getting out of the 2020s alive.

FTFY

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Got the itch for smashburgers again.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

reminds me of that one dark souls npc...

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Hey now. Some of us are in Australia/NZ.

I'm sure that by the end, we'll envy the ones who went first.

chia
Dec 23, 2005

angerbeet posted:

Nice :)

Chicken burger with jalapeno relish and trinidad scorpion sauce! gently caress me that was hot.

I guess it's more a sandwich (?) but I'm still gonna post this because chicken burgers are awesome:

Really happy with my burger buns.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

chia posted:

Chicken burger with jalapeno relish and trinidad scorpion sauce! gently caress me that was hot.

I guess it's more a sandwich (?) but I'm still gonna post this because chicken burgers are awesome:

I want one and must have one

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

chia posted:

Don’t apologize for next-level spicy chicken.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

chia posted:

I love spicy chicken samich...I drench the spicy CFA in hot sauce. This looks so good.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I just made some Baba ganoush for some surf and turf dish, and I thought of burgers....

...anyone ever tried Baba ganoush with burgs? Should I try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Yeah it is good, I had some left over once when I was stoned and making burgers. Toum, babaganoush, thick beef patty and caramelised onions. Would be great great on a lamb burger