Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

anyone have tips for turkey smashburgers? I cut out all non-poultry meat recently, and am struggling to get that super hard crust with the lower fat content. maybe try adding some ghee to the pan?

You just need to get the pan incredibly loving hot. You can sear anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sunday is Getta Burger day! Got one of their basic burgers and their special. Now I can't move the lower half of my body.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Misleading. They say the fries are in the burg and not on the side. Still looks pretty good though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bogart posted:

Misleading. They say the fries are in the burg and not on the side. Still looks pretty good though.

There were a few fries on it, mixed in with the pulled pork

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Even worse. Don't put fries in your burg.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

anyone have tips for turkey smashburgers? I cut out all non-poultry meat recently, and am struggling to get that super hard crust with the lower fat content. maybe try adding some ghee to the pan?

Ghee could potentially help, and while I have not tried this with turkey meat, Serious Eats talks about getting a good crust on lean meats by reducing moisture on the outside of the meat, so in this case form your patties, dab them with a paper towel to dry them off as much as possible, then salt them generously on both sides and leave them on a rack in the fridge uncovered for 24 hours before searing them.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Crappy picture, but 93/7 turkey smash burger. A little ghee in the pan helped a lot.

Simple with some shredded lettuce and ketchup on a potato bun.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Hmm

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I burged today.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Nice bun.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I just went to a burger joint that markets itself as "asian fusion burgers" and names all their menu items after Dragonball Z characters and uses five spice mix on the chips.

It's a shame I didn't get any pics because they were pretty bloody decent

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Tell me about the Krillin and the Piccolo.

fake edit: and the mr satan

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Piccolo is fries with aioli, seaweed flakes and sesame seeds, it doesn't look like there's a Krillin on the menu, but there is a Super Saiyan challenge burger with 8 patties, finish it in 15 minutes and get it free

edit: I'll get some burg photography next time I'm there

double edit: the place is JD's Burgers near Mont Albert station in Melbourne

Bargearse fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 12, 2019

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bargearse posted:

I just went to a burger joint that markets itself as "asian fusion burgers" and names all their menu items after Dragonball Z characters and uses five spice mix on the chips.

It's a shame I didn't get any pics because they were pretty bloody decent

I went to Rockpool for a family thing last year. They had a Dragonball Tea. Which was basically a High Ball with Green Tea.
Wasn't bad.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hm, five spice fries. I gotta give that a whirl.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Brawnfire posted:

Hm, five spice fries. I gotta give that a whirl.

Sounds pretty good.

I made a pork burg with black bean sauce, garlic, ginger and sambal oelek and that was pretty drat decent, if we're talking about dubiously "Asian-inspired" burgs.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PT6A posted:

Sounds pretty good.

I made a pork burg with black bean sauce, garlic, ginger and sambal oelek and that was pretty drat decent, if we're talking about dubiously "Asian-inspired" burgs.

*Stares in admiration at your authoritative mustache*

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

PT6A posted:

Sounds pretty good.

Just want to say, love your avatar. What a great episode.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Brawnfire posted:

*Stares in admiration at your authoritative mustache*

Colostomy Bag posted:

Just want to say, love your avatar. What a great episode.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829973&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=266

first three posts

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Bargearse posted:

Piccolo is fries with aioli, seaweed flakes and sesame seeds, it doesn't look like there's a Krillin on the menu, but there is a Super Saiyan challenge burger with 8 patties, finish it in 15 minutes and get it free

edit: I'll get some burg photography next time I'm there

double edit: the place is JD's Burgers near Mont Albert station in Melbourne

How come all the burg places are in Oceania? Could deffo get down on some Piccolo fries.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
It's because Australia invented burgers

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
It was actually my mum you can all thank her. She also invented Indian cuisine when she first made curry sausages in 83. The Indians have done great things with it since

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, around here it is common to have a good burger slathered with Vegamite.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Bogart posted:

How come all the burg places are in Oceania? Could deffo get down on some Piccolo fries.

Actually living in Australia is going to a bespoke pop up boutique burger joint and paying $22 for a Shake Shack burger

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

Actually living in Australia is going to a bespoke pop up boutique burger joint and paying $22 for a Shake Shack burger

I had a pretty good pub burger earlier in the week. Proper rare in the middle with a nice char.

Northshore Tavern, no pics cause it was a work lunch and probably not professional to get the phone out, but I got the bacon behemoth.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 14, 2019

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Don Dongington posted:

don't go to Grill'd or Carls Jr and you should be in the clear

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Local takeaway burgers are the best burgers. With a lasagne topper on the side, obviously.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

iajanus posted:

Local takeaway burgers are the best burgers. With a lasagne topper on the side, obviously.

why not in the burger

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

why not in the burger

If they'll do it I would. Next time I go somewhere with them I'll ask.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

iajanus posted:

Yeah the best thing is when you walk into a random takeaway and walk out with the best burger you’ve ever had

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Lunchtime Lorgeburger from Short Order Perth City

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

that's a really tall burg

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It's thinner than it looks too.

It's like the proportion of a pringles can. Good burgs though. Just, interesting, construction.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's thinner than it looks too.

It's like the proportion of a pringles can. Good burgs though. Just, interesting, construction.

It was wider than a Pringles can. I'd say about the diameter of a big mac but yeah much more to it

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

It was wider than a Pringles can. I'd say about the diameter of a big mac but yeah much more to it

Yeah but you take my point they're weirdly tall and thin compared to most burgers at decent places. Not complaining they obviously know what they're doing.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Yeah they got a similar thing to Hoodburger going where you bite into it and you immediately appreciate how much effort someone put in to getting the mince just right, and then not overcooking the poo poo out of it.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Peter Dutton smiling is the creepiest goddamn thing I've ever seen

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bargearse posted:

Peter Dutton smiling is the creepiest goddamn thing I've ever seen

The wages of mafia are terrible at times.

And yeah I keep getting startled by my own avatar when I post.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Went to our local Korean-bbq/fish-and-chips shop for a Bulgogi Burger with chips and it was delicious (chicken salt of course)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i still dont understand the western fascination with bulgogi as opposed to any other popular kbbq cut considering it's by nature the worst grade sirloin made passable through amazing marinade, but it does make an amazing burger grind