Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
just go to Culver's you morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Coasterphreak posted:

gently caress Culver’s

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Gwaihir posted:

The fries are typically real good and competent on the level of McD's- I consider that a good thing, since McDs sets a really high bar for fries

Entirely depends on how well the Maccas franchise is run. Many, MANY times have I received undercooked and/or old soggy fries from mcdonalds.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jamsta posted:

Waddup! I'm on holiday in Fyn in a couple of weeks - where's a good place to try one?
The place that won an award for it a few years ago closed down, I'm sorry to say. However, Marslev Grill about 20 minutes drive (30 minutes by bus, I think?) is still open according to Google Maps and their Facebook page, and it's probably the best bøfsandwich to be had on Fyn (the best ones are in Jylland).
Their address is Odensevej 81, 5290 Marslev.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Mother of creation
I'm not gonna say it's worth coming to Denmark for, but it's not not worth it.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Errant Gin Monks posted:

gently caress Culver’s

Culver's is also good.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Coasterphreak posted:

Steak n Shake is better than Culvers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Errant Gin Monks posted:

gently caress Culver’s

What did they do?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I haven't been to a Steak n Shake in forever because both of the ones nearby have absurdly slow operations and sitting in the drive thru for 45 minutes is par for the course, even if there's literally only four or five cars in line.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Coasterphreak posted:

I haven't been to a Steak n Shake in forever because both of the ones nearby have absurdly slow operations and sitting in the drive thru for 45 minutes is par for the course, even if there's literally only four or five cars in line.

I haven't been to one in years, I never even realized they had drive thrus. My entire memory is childhood trips to them as a sit down place.

It's really weirding me out reading it as a fast food joint. It's like hearing someone complaining about the backed up drive thru at Olive Garden or something.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Gatts posted:

I think certain places being a rare or unique experience rather than common adds charm and good memories and makes a place worth visiting.
On the one hand gently caress this; I'm tired of every fuckin' burger list on online just talking about Whataburger or In-N-Out, neither of which visually seem impressive to someone with no plans of going back to California or Texas just for fast food.

On the other, I really like knowing my city's got Hops Burger Bar and Big Burger Spot and ain't nobody know how good they are without visiting me. Big Burger Spot is the best fuckin' place for burgers I've had in both the US and Australia, and it's literally just connected to a gas station next to a walmart. I gotta go there again soon and get photos of my dang burg with truffle fries.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Colostomy Bag posted:

Christ, that looks sadder than my kid when she found out Santa wasn't real.

I know, right? Makes McDonalds on the same trip look incredible.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Whalley posted:

On the one hand gently caress this; I'm tired of every fuckin' burger list on online just talking about Whataburger or In-N-Out, neither of which visually seem impressive to someone with no plans of going back to California or Texas just for fast food.

On the other, I really like knowing my city's got Hops Burger Bar and Big Burger Spot and ain't nobody know how good they are without visiting me. Big Burger Spot is the best fuckin' place for burgers I've had in both the US and Australia, and it's literally just connected to a gas station next to a walmart. I gotta go there again soon and get photos of my dang burg with truffle fries.

One of the best parts of this thread for me was running into Don and realising we're both burging in the same town and can talk about local places with someone who's been there.

Even if we disagree on Johnny's.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 20, 2019

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

D. Ebdrup posted:

The place that won an award for it a few years ago closed down, I'm sorry to say. However, Marslev Grill about 20 minutes drive (30 minutes by bus, I think?) is still open according to Google Maps and their Facebook page, and it's probably the best bøfsandwich to be had on Fyn (the best ones are in Jylland).
Their address is Odensevej 81, 5290 Marslev.

Awesome! That place is under 10 km away from where I'm staying, I'll drop by and get one and post back here, thanks.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

there is a place down the road selling a "fetard" burger (french for "party animal," apparently. i had to get it translated because my English-speaking rear end did a double take) and i need to try it before i leave this country. their motto is "long live gluttony." surprisingly, no burgs between donuts.

good lookin' burgs: http://bchef.fr/

i've been to whataburger twice. once in dallas when an iowa transplant insisted they were the greatest, and once connecting on a flight through houston. i think he oversold it and the burger wasn't heaven between two buns and the other was airport food, so i won't hold it against them. i'd still prefer wendy's to my whataburg experience.

also, culvers owns. it's one of the few things i miss about living in the midwest

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

Steak n Shake often has dry burgers and the fries go cold instantly, at least in my experience. Culver's is greasy but consistently good.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm not buying it :colbert:

I've crossed German borders for less

/Edit: my reading comprehension sucks.

I firmly vow to locate and consume aforementioned delicacy before long

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Whalley posted:

Yeah, idk about hype for Whataburger's actual burgers, because they're just not that good in the scheme of things. Their breakfasts are just so much better. Wendy's, Steak n Shake, Smashburger, five guys, and burger fi all have better actual burgers where I am.

Coasterphreak posted:

Steak n shake here used to be that 100%- No one in line and you'll still be waiting for a half hour. I guess they were put under new management or something 5-6 years ago though, because now they're super fuckin fast and amazing.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

also, culvers owns. it's one of the few things i miss about living in the midwest

Yes, yes it does. It does several things well. I'm fortunate to have one two miles away and have four pints of their custard in my freezer.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Eat This Glob posted:

there is a place down the road selling a "fetard" burger (french for "party animal," apparently. i had to get it translated because my English-speaking rear end did a double take) and i need to try it before i leave this country. their motto is "long live gluttony." surprisingly, no burgs between donuts.

good lookin' burgs: http://bchef.fr/

i've been to whataburger twice. once in dallas when an iowa transplant insisted they were the greatest, and once connecting on a flight through houston. i think he oversold it and the burger wasn't heaven between two buns and the other was airport food, so i won't hold it against them. i'd still prefer wendy's to my whataburg experience.

-ard is a suffix in French, that's sort of "person-does-lots" so it's just party+person+a lot and they're often (as a pejorative diminutive kind of jokingly disrespectful/slangy.)

A cumulard is a moonlighter, binoclard is "four eyes," pantouflard is a couch potato/homebody (because pantoufle is slippers.)

Anyway Le Fêtard seems like a good burger but it also from the menu just looks like a bacon double cheeseburger with fried onions and secret sauce. Which is good, but doesn't give me visions of snorting coke off of the back of a toilet, y'know?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Ehh connard

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

A Sometimes Food posted:

One of the best parts of this thread for me was running into Don and realising we're both burging in the same town and can talk about local places with someone who's been there.

Even if we disagree on Johnny's.

Have you done Big Rigz, Caveman BBQ, Rack City Ribs, 3230 and Bump In Burger yet?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm not buying it :colbert:

I've crossed German borders for less

/Edit: my reading comprehension sucks.

I firmly vow to locate and consume aforementioned delicacy before long
Feel free to blame my tendency for having fun with languages and including a double-negative.
Heck, I'm a paronomasiac.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lunched at the Wellington Point Hotel and got their Dirty burger

So full

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

Have you done Big Rigz, Caveman BBQ, Rack City Ribs, 3230 and Bump In Burger yet?

3230 and Bump In Yes. Bump In a number of times. Caveman I was actually planning on hitting this week cause I'm working up north. Also gonna try Charcoal Charlie's for the same reason.

I met my dad for lunch yesterday at RoyAl's. The King of Crowns held together way more than I thought it would, like I figured it would be crazy messy.

Edit: huh I thought Caveman was up in Currambine, but it's Freo, must have been thinking of a different BBQ place.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

iajanus posted:

Lunched at the Wellington Point Hotel and got their Dirty burger

So full

I just had to look this up because that picture is so confusing. I hope it was good!

quote:

Dirty burger with chips

Beef Pattie, Pulled Pork, Double Cheese, Onion Rings, Ketchup & Mustard. Served with chips and baconaise mayo

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

bâtard

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

angerbeet posted:

-ard is a suffix in French, that's sort of "person-does-lots" so it's just party+person+a lot and they're often (as a pejorative diminutive kind of jokingly disrespectful/slangy.)

A cumulard is a moonlighter, binoclard is "four eyes," pantouflard is a couch potato/homebody (because pantoufle is slippers.)

Anyway Le Fêtard seems like a good burger but it also from the menu just looks like a bacon double cheeseburger with fried onions and secret sauce. Which is good, but doesn't give me visions of snorting coke off of the back of a toilet, y'know?

Yeah, it's exactly what you thought it was. Serviceable burg, nothing all that special.

And thanks for the French info. I didn't dive too hard into learning much of the language before coming here for work because I wasn't even 50% sure I was going to be able to make the trip, but here I am. I thought my OK spanish would help, but not really. I'll plan on diving into French on duolingo for the next couple years before I gotta come back so I feel like less of a dick, even though the people here are super accommodating and best I can tell no one has spit at my feet and called me "un couchon americane" or whatever. I had zero expectations, but it's nice to see that the stereotype of the snooty Parisian wasn't applicable for me specifically in this part of the 'burbs, at least.

Overall, the food was dope and over delivered as all my meals were less than 30 euro and I would have paid twice that for some of them.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

Yeah, it's exactly what you thought it was. Serviceable burg, nothing all that special.

And thanks for the French info. I didn't dive too hard into learning much of the language before coming here for work because I wasn't even 50% sure I was going to be able to make the trip, but here I am. I thought my OK spanish would help, but not really. I'll plan on diving into French on duolingo for the next couple years before I gotta come back so I feel like less of a dick, even though the people here are super accommodating and best I can tell no one has spit at my feet and called me "un couchon americane" or whatever. I had zero expectations, but it's nice to see that the stereotype of the snooty Parisian wasn't applicable for me specifically in this part of the 'burbs, at least.

Overall, the food was dope and over delivered as all my meals were less than 30 euro and I would have paid twice that for some of them.

"Ricain," "amerloque," and "amerlo" are the standard "yank" insults in France. In my experience ricain (short for "Américain" and sounds kind of like "ree-cuh") is more friendly. Amerloque and amerlo are less so. But generally if someone is directly calling you that, either to your face or in earshot like you can't understand, it's probably at least somewhat derogatory. Just laugh and say "va t'faire voir chez les grecs."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I had an ok diner burger yesterday but there was a certain flavor to it that is basically the difference between "brown taste" (which is good) and "grey taste" (which is bad). I can't describe it better than that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

I just had to look this up because that picture is so confusing. I hope it was good!

It was, just impossible to photograph well whilst drinking lunch beers. Delicious and juicy!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

That’s not very Texan

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
A Texan Burger would be like....

Poppyseed Bun
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
White Queso with little bits of Ghost Pepper
Applewood Peppered Bacon
Smoked Brisket
Brown Sugar-Paprika-Chili Rubbed 1/3 lb Sirloin Burger
Hatch Chili Relish
Poppyseed Bun

Wrapped in a copy of the Declaration of Independence, held together with a knife that has a literal American flag on the handle, through the middle

Crispy Steak French Fries sprinkled with ashes from a fallen soldier from the Alamo served with Horseradish Aioli

Chocolate Mocha Milkshake with whipped cream and cherry spiked with Izkali Reposado Tequila

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Gatts posted:

Poppyseed Bun
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
White Queso with little bits of Ghost Pepper
Applewood Peppered Bacon
Smoked Brisket
Hatch Chili Relish
Poppyseed Bun

Wrapped in a copy of the Declaration of Independence, held together with a knife that has a literal American flag on the handle, through the middle

Crispy Steak French Fries sprinkled with ashes from a fallen soldier from the Alamo served with Horseradish Aioli

Chocolate Mocha Milkshake with whipped cream and cherry spiked with Izkali Reposado Tequila

I’m not 100% on the blueberry, but otherwise this checks out

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
a texan burger would have texas toast

idiot.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

idiot.

Lol

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I’m not 100% on the blueberry, but otherwise this checks out

Could try Blue Cheese and change it around a bit. I just wanted red, white and blue in the burger.

Gamerofthegame posted:

idiot.

FUUUUUCCKKK how could I miss that??!!?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Sometimes you just wanna put something filthy inside you.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gatts posted:

Over here in the UK our McDonalds have an occasional 'state burgers of America' special.

the results can be...strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lol, out of all 50 states...they pick that one.