Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I'm about to throw a 15 pound bird in the smoker and all I want is a smashburger now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
That looks awesome.

Ate some Culver's last week (don't have them anywhere near me). Double butter burger with bacon and some fried curds.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm so sad I didn't get this when I was in Texas.

I did get this though:

Didn't snap a pic, but I did get a Triple Whataburger with cheese and bacon while down there. I thought I was going to have a heart attack halfway through.

It was glorious.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Arglebargle III posted:

A double is too much. I want a lower ratio of meat to fixings and bun.

I got old.

It's well past your bedtime.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
This is the one I got, it's pretty drat solid.

Update International Extra-Large, 16-Inch Long, Grill Spatula, Turner Spatula, Barbecue BBQ Spatula, w/Cutting Edge, Solid Stainless Steel, Riveted Sm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K8ATL2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_TSmYVrblXKARW

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Bogart posted:

Where's the cheese my buddy

This.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Casu Marzu posted:

Nice. I just saw that advertised. I might have to check that out cuz that looks delicious as gently caress.

OTOH fries? :cmon:

Curds for life.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

beerinator posted:

Fatso's Last Stand double smash burger in Chicago. So good. Not as smashed as some, and the patties are thicker, but still a good choice.

That looks awesome. Sending my Chicago friends there now.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

just put your fries in cold oil, turn on heat, then pull when they're done.

You are gross.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I'll try frying a batch of fries starting the oil at room temp, never heard of it before and was under the assumption it would come out soggy.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Blazing hot cast iron, 2oz ball of beef, toss into pan and smash to hell, flip and add cheese. Enjoy.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Fenrir posted:

It's been posted a few times in each burger thread but this thing is magic:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AQAYKC/?pldnSite=1

Seconding this exact one.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
25 minutes to the closest one. So I drive an hour every day for a burger? Maybe....

Paper With Lines posted:

I was in Missouri this last weekend and went to steak n shake to try their "smashed" burger. It was dumb. I mean maybe if you have never had a smashed burger it might be like the gateway burg, but it was by far the worst of the chain smash burgers I have had.

Culvers is still the best. Suck is southerners.

Steak n Shake is good, you are dumb. Also Culver's rocks.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Don Dongington posted:

I attempted the Fat Boy once but only got through 5 of those drat half pound patties.

More info and pictures please.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Looks awesome, can't ever go wrong with a fried egg on a burger. I also need a burger that is stacked to the ceiling.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Please tell me you get a butter burger every now and again?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Gwaihir posted:

Looks like garlic powder to me.

Delicious.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Don Dongington posted:

So I bring you the Brinnerburger (Patent Pending)

That looks real good.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

iajanus posted:

YES. Want one now.

What's going on here? Raw beef on top of a cooked beef patty? Then a soy patty extra dry?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I would be interested in a gyro style burger, but I still want cheese.

Looks good!

Edit: I can't read and missed the cheese. Burg on.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Some good content flowing through here folks, keep it up.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I just had a double Whataburger over the weekend (flights stranded us in the DFW area for a day) and it looked nothing like that, and was delicious. My wife got the patty melt and loved it. Didn't take any pictures because I am a horrible human.

It must be really hot or miss. The fries are nothing to write home about.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Errant Gin Monks posted:

gently caress Culver’s

Culver's is also good.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

beerinator posted:

Or you could skip Au Cheval all together and go to Small Cheval further up north west toward O'Hare and have a similar burger with no wait at all. Totally different ambiance, no egg and no bacon, but the other parts are very similar.

You can add bacon at small cheval, still no egg tho.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

beerinator posted:

It's not the same bacon is it? The one at Au Cheval is really thick, almost like a slab of pork belly.

Flying into Chicago tonight, maybe I'll have to go to both. You know, for science.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
A buddy told me all it tasted like was the condiments. I have not bothered to try one.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Democratic Pirate posted:

In n out = whataburger, but whataburger has patty melts

I tried both on my first trip down to Dallas, I thought Whataburger was hands down better. Really didn't care for In n Out.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I've been ripping through those Costco frozen 1/3lb sirloin burgers. Super easy to make a burg whenever without needed to go get fresh beef. Not terrible either.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Lincoln posted:

but their bacon cheeseburger really shines because of the bacon. They mince it up real fine and melt the cheese over it so it sort of fuses with the beef patty. The bacon is nice and smoky and there's a shitload of it.

Uhh, gonna have to try this at home.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I'd for sure go milk over pop.

Pop is only good when there is booze mixed in.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Toxic Wings has some of the best burgers in town where I live. 🤷‍♀️

There is Mexican place near me that serves decent enough tacos and burgers.

Embrace.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Finally got to try out Au Cheval on my current trip back to Chicago. Very impressed.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Gatts posted:

Au Cheval is great. 4 Charles Prime Rib is better, the best, the best burger, chocolate pie and meal I have ever eaten in my life.

If I ever end up over in NYC, will make sure to check it out! Looks pretty amazing via Yelp.

Edit:

Wife got a root beer float. Root beer is on tap, and the ice cream was so smooth/creamy it seemed like it was made with butter. No idea how to describe it.

The Old Fashioned was good, nothing special though.

Moey fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 2, 2019

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Had a pretty solid burger last night.

Canadian bacon, applewood bacon, fried egg, american cheese. Only complaint is the egg was too done, I require a runny yolk damnit.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Pro move with the curds.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

qutius posted:

Two 4oz patties, not quite smashed as I normally like them, medium cheddar.

Toasted bun, dressed with mayo and dijon, along with veggies and coleslaw on the side.

This is perfect.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Raikiri posted:

Yup. Any sort of carb-less bread seems to suck, should have just made it a double with lettuce either side.

What recipe was it for the bun?

If I am cutting carbs I normally just toss the burger on a plate and fork/knife it.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Yeah, I assumed it was lower heat and almost steamed them with their own moisture.

I'd like to try a burger cooked via low voltage.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Did some "lazy" burgers last night (Costco Frozen Grass Fed). Turned out way too good. Brioche bun, deli american + provolone, bacon and fried egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

MrYenko posted:

No frills, just burg.

This is my ideal burg.