Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ive been mashing the fill button lately, getting jungle and going Warwick. Then I take predator, immediately forget about it and win anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
So many times this patch I've been staring at the screen wondering if I should get hat or manaflow.

Mana usually wins

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah I wasn't talking bout lux in particular. Hats nice and all but honestly manaflow is practically mandatory for laning phase unless you want to flop about auto attacking

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

anti-magic posted:

I haven't tried her with Resolve as a primary rune to be honest because previously I liked playing her with Deathfire Touch and completely demolishing my lane instead. Nothing in the current runeset feels great in terms of curbstomping your lane/junglers which is unfortunate because that's what she is all about; being the tank of your team is painful because she cannot initiate anything and is dependent on a bad enemy engage to turn the tables. In terms of Riot balance she's probably "fine" but she feels pretty underwhelming at the moment.

I play a bit of illaoi too, but have also been thinking a lot of keystones are a bit ho hum on her. Tonight I'm going to try glacial augment so she can stick to targets better, then grabbing stopwatch, futures market for earlier power spikes, whatever in the bottom tier. Resolve would be secondary with demolish and second wind. Will see how I get on

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I secure my laptop to my body while strapped into a suspended bouncy chair, flailing wildly around the room for an ergonomic and dynamic gaming experience

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Nook posted:

Xayah's VA sounds really bored

She'd rather be making out with rakan until his ears bleed. Apparently he loves it, but I don't think it would be for me

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Sexpansion posted:

How awful is leveling an account now, I kind of want to make a smurf.

One of the discord goons was doing it and although its better than it was, there's still a load of arbitrary restrictions on runes. I don't think you can make your own page until 15 or something and even then you're not allowed to use inspiration because obviously people who have a mere 100~ games under their belt cannot handle the sheer complexity that is kelptomancy

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
In the last 3 games I've played with miss fortune I've gotten a total of 40 kills and 2 deaths. I used to get a bit nervy going into a match as ADC but now I just slam pick MF and assume I'm going to win

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I don't nasus but I'd imagine the obvious answer is

Grasp
Demolish
Conditioning
Second wind

Then precision with last stand and triumph?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
That ban is gonna feel real good

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Can't we all just get along and watch fart videos together

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Rygar201 posted:

https://imgur.com/MfUyNrl

:thunk:

Might post some gifs tomorrow night

Yet again, bard does more damage than his team mates

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Also benign chains appear on your screen to remind you that you've been smooshed into nourishing nutrients by Urgot, the delightfully friendly local butcher

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Support will be easier to learn than jungle if you ADC already. You'll already be familiar with the matchups and you know what your lane partner expects. The main thing to learn will be the vision game.

Jungle is its own beast and as you know plays completely different to everything else

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Q8ee posted:

i've got a level 26 account I last played on in 2012. I haven't touched this game since then, though I've played DOTA 2. i'm being yelled at most games, being told i'm inting or trolling / griefing, when i actually just suck.

everyone keeps yelling to go adc and i didn't even know what that was up until recently. does the game force you to play the meta? it sucks that i'll have to play adc champs more often than not instead of champs i enjoy playing. i don't even know which champs are adc and which aren't.

Type '/mute all' at the start of every match. Or you can hold tab and mute specific dickholes if you'd rather

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Addamere posted:

can some smart goons talk about tiamat and when its good

i have been building it on guys like garen and poppy and it feels really strong but it doesnt quite feel right on guys like tryndamere or yi and im kind of not really sure why

The only reason I could see for building on poppy/garen is to help with wave clear, but I don't know why you'd do that when sunfire cape is a better option for both of them.

E: I was also a bit ??? about tahm kench skill floor but having spammed him lately it really is all about smart W usage. Late game it's very tempting to try eat one of their guys and when you see the red fish it takes control to remember its on a relatively long cooldown. Better to stun the fool and save the belly space for a team mate when its late game

el dingo fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 15, 2018

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

njsykora posted:

Vlad is strong right now, and Garen doesn't really do the kind of burst you need to shut him down before he starts lifestealing. Build a bramble vest early and you'll have an easier time of it.

Spectres cowl, not bramble, no?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

How Rude posted:

how do you possibly die so often on Morgana

My ult is up and the enemy is grouped I'm gonna flash right in the middle and pentakill wait why is the screen grey now

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yoloman when you lose a poo poo game you could and should do any and all of the following:

Have a chuckle at those bad team mates.
Open a beer
Smoke a smoke
Make a start on dinner prep
Browse SA a bit
Jerk the gherkin
Watch an episode of the Simpsons
Make some coffee
Eat a delicious cream filled pastry
Do some chores
Take a walk outside and snap some pictures of delightful squirrels
Read your emails
Play a different game
Post about it in the void discord channel

What you shouldn't do:
Queue again
Post about it in this thread
Spend more than .32345 of a second thinking about your team mates.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Sometimes I ping the drake and its a cloud/ocean and the jungler says 'meh cloud drake whatever' and I get sad cos I'm bard and I want to zoom more

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What the poo poo I thought ryze was good right now? Or is it cos he sees a lot of pro play so people try and fail consistently

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Nightgull posted:

DOesnt someone in this thread work for riot. I seem to remember that from a long time ago. I've been lurking for years.

They don't stop by anymore as people couldn't stop tripping over themselves to be the edgiest ironiposter at riot man

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Speaking of recall, I think one of the most satisfying things to do in league is waiting until like 7 seconds into the enemy recall and hitting them with some poke. Then they back off a little further to do it again - I'll eat a couple of tower shots to interrupt that fucker a second time

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

RBX posted:

I haven't player a serious game of ranked league since like 2014 and have only played aram games sporadically since. I have generally kept up with the game and watch stuff here and there. Is there anything I need to know?

If you've kept up with the major changes like drakes, rift herald and the keystone system, there isn't much to add. Ranked is much the same as its always been, there's just the ever changing meta.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

henkman posted:

Janna is too complicated for my bronze partners, says man also in bronze trying to play Ivern support

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Work Friend Keven posted:

Janna is a crap champ for idiots and I'd recommend playing something fun or interesting instead.

Janna, lulu etc are boring as poo poo. I know I'd probably climb my dumb butt out of whatever elo if I put time into janna but I'd rather engage all day every day

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Oh man I love seeing support lux. It can work but like 95% of the time they don't know what they're doing, will spam spells willy nilly pushing the lane and you just punish them while their abilities are on cd

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

iSurrender posted:

I'd say Taric is better top than jungle.
Should beat any melee AD and his towerpushing is no joke with a sheen.

Hell yeah, get a sheen + tiamat and blaze through creeps. Probably a terrible idea but one I want to try

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah if I'm down bot I'll ban blitz pretty much every time. He's not at unholy terror levels but he just adds another level of concentration and I can't be bothered

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Actually I think I'm gonna ban nasus every time, I see him every game these days. He keeps losing but im sick of seeing stupid braindead stackdog mashing Q in top, complaining that they can't carry their poo poo team and requiring too many resources to bring down.

Nobody wants to see nasus in a game. I doubt even the people playing him do. He's so boring

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
hello i am tahm kench support

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Placing in silver 4 is pretty good for a newcomer, even with dota experience. Grats on your internet points

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Bad Warwick players?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Enigma89 posted:

I started Silver 4 and went to Silver 3 and into Silver 2 promos and then down to Silver 4 but I see what you are saying. Basically, I shouldn't look into the MMR too deeply.

Just a general question what rank do people generally shoot for? I know it all depends on the hardcore players and the people who just play a lot but what is generally accepted as a decent rank? Gold, gold 1?

Shoot for whatever rank you feel comfortable going for. Too many players treat climbing the ladder like its a job and get pissy when they're not as high as they think they should be. It sounds trite but this is a game, when you stop having fun, chill out in some normals or play something else/whatever.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Also you can't push towers down for poo poo which is kind of the ADCs thing

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

its curtains for Kevin posted:

There are no adc matchups, only support matchups.

Wisdom

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Vermain posted:

Words on tank supps

Agreed, I play a lot of tank supps and while I like the new runes, items do suck balls especially after they dropped the choices between fotm/equinox.

One of the things I've always disliked about CC supports is that once you've pushed your buttons, you're flailing about uselessly until your cooldowns come back up. At least with fotm/locket etc you've got a couple more things to contribute.

Maaaaybe you could have some sort of item that builds charges based on how many people you CC - I dunno, after it charges you can put a shield on someone, or buff them majorly for 2 seconds or something. It would provide a bit more 'haptic feedback' than slightly reducing the ADCs damage taken before they're deleted. It would encourage more fights too

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Crazy Larry posted:

I don't think that would work unless you tied the shield to the tanks stats, which it seems like they want to move away from, or else it's going to just be another tank item that Janna uses almost as well as tanks. Make it something that charges based on the amount of hits/cc you tank ties it into being a tank item in a way that's harder for ranged supports to use.

That's a better idea, yeah. Hell, you could make it a set of items based on different support types - soak up damage to build charges, heal team mates to build charge, shield a certain amount of damage etc

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Matt Lindland posted:

Make a bleached asol skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

iSurrender posted:

I'm trying to think of anything good about Rakan, and Im drawing a blank aside from "It's good to have him on the enemy team".

Eh?

As a champion or you don't wanna hear his voice