Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

anti-magic posted:

It's honestly a waste of a ban, as someone who plays her a lot she feels very weak right now. Just avoid her E and don't get into a duel post-6; as Kled you can actually roam and have CC to do something whereas Illaoi will just push lane and hope people are dumb enough to try and duel her.

Interesting. I've felt like she's really powerful right now - takes great advantage of Resolve (particularly Demolish), and Triumph+Coup De Grace let her snowball off the win in lane. I'm terrible at the game though, so maybe I'm just too far down and not seeing the downsides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Arcane Comet/Scorch/Manaflow Band/Transcendence w/Resolve secondary is even more fun. Same build, but your Es cost nothing and do craploads of damage.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Vermain posted:

I think they've got her in a really tricky to balance situation, because a champion like that becomes really hard to balance around all MMRs.

Congratulations, you've hit on the reason most assassins ended up in the dumpster after the assassin revamp and ensuing ratio tweaks. They did a great job of adding mechanical hooks to modify them, but across the board increased the gap between a perfectly executed assassin and a poorly executed one, meaning they got way harder to balance.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Attack Speed Kench used to be a thing, but it got gutted when they changed him around to have the bonus damage early in 6.13 and nerfed E.

The context in the 6.13 patch notes is funny in retrospect though: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-613-notes

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Monathin posted:

counterpoint: play top and only top, so you spend as little time interacting with the majority of your team as possible

Top is great, you get to play all the busted BS and when you win lane you actually get to use the advantage instead of having the support and jungler ruthlessly suppress it.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Give me your best ARURF picks, because everything I've tried has been actively miserable.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

4/6 on My Shop were shards I have hanging out unclaimed in my loot b/c I have better skins for the champions in question. :( Sort of a bummer, I was looking forward to giving them $20 b/c this event is dope.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Much like Jhin, it's a bunch of :words: that actually have simple gameplay (the more souls she collects, the scarier her cannon is, and because it's a cannon it shoots slow and hits hard at long range).

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

DarkDobe posted:

Candywhat?
Did they change/add something in tft again? Only new thing I saw was 2 star galaxy (which I sucked rear end at)

It's the name of one of the new compositions, hyperroll Sorcerer/Star Guardian leaning on Poppy/TF/Zoe.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

strong bird posted:

Senna has a heal and a root so they're a support. Lux only has a shield and a root so they're not a support and their ultimate does damage, which is bad.

Senna has a free scaling mechanism that ensures the damage portion of her kit is relevant lategame without effective gold income, which is why she's a support. Lux being a success or failure as a support is much more tied to the tuning of the item system (how easy it is for Lux to access relevant damage in mid-late game) and her AP ratios / base damages (which end up constantly tuned in weird ways because she can't be good enough to freely one-shot a midwave with E, but has to have enough base damage to be threatening as a support).

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

So I've been trying to learn support again after being a top lane player who occasionally played mid for the past five years. How do you get used to the fact you're just numerically weaker in terms of levels/gold than everyone else for the majority of the game? Is it just something you get used to after a while? Playing a tank that can't actually tank stuff after level 9 or so is just a really weird and frustrating experience.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Leona/Blitz + one very ill-fated game of Rell (I think I laned two band-pop stuns all game). I'll chat with my buddy I've been queueing with and see if he'd be ok with me posting VODs. But yeah, I think it's probably just that I need to get used to the fact that I can't catch someone and survive long enough for my teammates to notice and path over like on Sion/Malphite/Maokai.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

SirSamVimes posted:

edit: it is incredibly obvious that the only reason I got reported is that my team were angry that I wouldn't ff. nothing in that log is even remotely worthy of a chat restriction, and I see (and report) worse every day without getting a notification that it resulted in action.

https://support-leagueoflegends.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player

This is perhaps counterintuitive, but my guess as to what happened is that you fell afoul of the first paragraph under the "things to avoid" header by telling the other person you were going to report them/discussing reportable offenses in chat.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

SirSamVimes posted:

it's not a support roaming that I have a problem with, it's the support stating that they want me to lose and going to hang out top that fucks me up. This is good advice I'll try to remember though

Those are just bad games, you'll graduate out of them when you hit... *checks notes* Challenger and get access to Champion's Queue.

Learning to shrug off unpreventable losses is sadly just sorta the way of life for League, sometimes your teammates decide you're going to lose and all you can do is optimize the 5% that's left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Hellioning posted:

Stopwatch is gone, which I think is pretty important.

I'm so happy, assassins finally getting to threaten people midgame again is going to be so nice. I'm going to die a bunch but that's good.