Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Nintendo of Australia's twitter account may have more or less spoiled two eventual party members with the way they have worded their latest tweets.

Entirely obvious choices on who they are, but nothing we definitively know for sure based on pre release media alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Is Akhos one of them? He's cool and reminds of the Canas from Fire Emblem 7 (a dude who is so nerdy about studying that he just reads so many books on dark magic that he is a powerful dark mage).
Nah, new H.B. isn't one of them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

If Xenoblade Chronicles gets a cameo blade, I hope it's Alvis instead of Shulk.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

If we're going by previous fanservice standards, it's going to be Lorithia.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Go to bed. Pretty sure reviews aren't hitting til after Australian release in 4 and a half hours.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Same, but I only have about two or three hours with it before I need to get some sleep to be able to work tomorrow.

Then I have all of tomorrow night and Saturday to do this.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I went the English route.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

Can somebody give an idea when without spoiling? Like what level you were at?
The relevant enemies that I was fighting just before it unlocked were Lv 24-26.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Tora's whole gimmick is having a modular customizable robot blade so I don't think he gets another
I can see why you would think that, but you would be incorrect.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yo, so don't open all your core crystals with Rex. Spread the love around as equally as you can, or you end up with Field Skill check issues where you have what you need, but everyone is stuck on a character that has a permanent blade leaving you with only two slots to try and make it work.

It was becoming an issue in side quests and now I straight up can't open an endgame door until I go Affinity level someone high enough to make a work around,

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Lv 5 Electric Mastery at the same time as Lv 5 Focus, for plot.

Sidequest wise there is a Lv 10 Electric Mastery check and a bunch of high level Nopon Wisdom off the top of my head.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh man, there are deeds that increase the run speed. Already 10% faster than the standard.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There's an update coming for the game mid to late next month.

Fixes a few bugs with certain quests, makes pressing X bring up the map of the area you are currently in instead of just the map selection menu, adds an easy mode to Tiger! Tiger! and gives an additional set of free stuff to people that bought the season pass.

This set of stuff looks to be better than the original set as it contains some rare and one legendary core crystals, 3 overdrives and 30k odd ether crystals for Poppi upgrades.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7ji0oc/xc2_update_111_coming_on_1222/

You also forgot to mention that New Game+ will be implemented in a free update in the future.
That was not part of the news story I read on it. And now i'm intrigued as to what New Game+ will entail.

If you can keep the rare blades you have, all their affinity and your levels, i'd probably be willing to go through this stupid big game again next year.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think I remember reading that one dude did the writing for the odd chapters, and one dude did the writing for the even ones, but that also sounds like a terrible way to write a story, so I don't really know.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

Got the fifth party member, used 90+ cores and got nothing :discourse:
It has been well over 500 cores since I got my last rare, and I still have 5 rare blades to go.

You do not yet know suffering.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

They are every single core I can find, so a mix of all 3, all with the relevant boosters, and they are definitely only the gacha rares left.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It's all that, but it's made even worse that there is content in sidequests and heart to hearts essentially locked behind an RNG gate.

It's a whole lot of things that would have been bearable on their own, rolled into one big messy issue that feels poorly thought through.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think if Nintendo decides to gate quests and things like blades behind ever decreasing luck with every rare you pull again, i'm just going to avoid the game it's in outright.

At least 700 pulls of nothing now between my last rare and now, and I still have 5 more to go.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

its curtains for Kevin posted:

What chapter are you on?

I get the feeling that the gacha system has to ‘reload’ by doing something in game that provides invisible points to the system. I do pretty scant pulls and it seems that I’m never too far between rares, but I usually am just looking for a common to fill out a field check so my expectations are different. I bet in several months we’ll find out that gaining trust, doing quests, or filling affinity bubbles, or killing uniques, SOMETHING, influences the gacha system so that as long as you don’t try to force them all out at once they are not that hard to pull. I just don’t see 700 pulls as being creator’s Vision.
Post game. I was never too far between rares for a long time, and then just straight nothing ever since.

It feels like something in the game broke but I have no way of confirming it, so it might just be the worst luck possible.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh i've been doing all that as well. Just sucks I can't grab KOS-MOS, and have less access to high sources of Ice and Dark Mastery than I could have, when I need them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

What is the point of the one field skill thing on Theosir that makes you jump and then takes you to a ladder with another field check to jump again? There doesn't seem to be anything at the top, and the second field check requires like 6 leap and 6 earth mastery, so you'd think there'd be something worthwhile up there.
There's something up there related to a very long and very involved late game side quest.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You mean Four right? I don't remember Five getting anything beyond their starter blade.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I did not realize how much they tie in the main theme musically towards the end before now.

I can hear the main part of it in the background music for 2 or 3 of the last few areas in the game, and even at the end of the song that plays during the credits.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Today I spent over one million gold (so far) pumping textiles into my blades while I watch youtube.
Same, but meat and vege from Leftheria.

I might be their entire economy at this stage.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I've been using the ones that cost 180 in 5 star dev, from the veggie and meat shop.

Veg & Oyster Aspic and some meat thing? Samod something?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I assume if you get the port gate key early, you can just bypass like all of that bullshit and run straight to the Old Factory.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I thought "those blades" were referring to the likes of the blades Malos and Akhos had before you disintegrated them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

bizarre deformity posted:

Secondly, all the cutscenes involve Amalthus controlling the Titans and oh no Mor Ardain might keel over evacuate everyone!! But then I warped to Mor Ardain and everything looks totally normal.
I feel like they learnt that going all in on this was a bad idea after the first game.

People really weren't happy when bird people city transitions into a post poo poo that happens there state, and all of the lost quests and stuff that came with. Pretty sure it would have pissed an equal amount of people off if the same thing happened in this case, and at the very least, there is at least some visual representation of what has changed there, and by extension in Uraya, from the one point of that map that you could see that difference.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Sean posted:

I don't know how this is even a discussion. I didnt expect good writing going into this, but still the writing is clearly not great. "Saturday Morning Cartoon" is a poor defense. You can have a show with little depth that has writing with internal consistency and basic logic. The example above is stupid as poo poo. Becoming besties immediately after an attempted hit? Really?

You can like the game without praising the writing--they're not mutually exclusive positions.
You can dislike the dialog and plot without stupidly calling it literally the worst thing ever as well though, and some goons lack of ability to work outside of extremes is why this is a discussion. It's about as dumb as the goons and people in general who could just not deal with or ignore Pyra's rack and found the game unplayable because of it.

Honestly at this stage Xenoblade as a series to me is a whole lot of interesting and enjoyable ideas, experiences and systems wrapped up in a whole lot of stupid, questionable design decisions, and i'm okay with that. I can't bring myself to really dislike Xenoblade 2 even though it wastes a whole lot of my time and feels underbaked in a few areas.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Bird Law posted:

It's still Chapter 4 though right? Just making sure I didn't label it wrong.

But, yeah it's a long way in, I'm somehow at 49 hours so far.
Nope. It's a good deal later than Chapter 4. Might be Chapter 6?

My memory of the plot and pacing of this game are a little fuzzy.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Wow, my condolences to anyone that didn't finish the Ursula stuff before this patch, because with the merc system glitching out, it's now more menu bullshit to deal with than it was before.

Some blades just disappear from your merc mission pool until you engage them on whoever they are assigned to, at random. Dealing with Ursula repeating her line every 5-10 minutes for the better part of 25 hours wasn't as bad as having to deal with this every time in my opinion.

Edit:It may have just been that initial time, since I had that quest going during the update, I don't know for sure.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 19, 2018

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

5er posted:

Nothing makes me wish I had never bought this game quite as much as sitting through 70 core activations- 5 legendary and 19 rare cores in the stack- and not only not getting a unique, but also having only 3 out of all of them worth keeping after tedious culling.
I am not touching whatever is next if this gatcha fuckshow is in it too.
How many rare blades do you have left? It took 700 cores for me to go from 5 left to 4 left.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I had over 800 luck with the last 200.

I have all of the none of the luck.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Taear posted:

I'm glad about that at least. Did it do better or worse than XC1 and XCX?
I've read in places that it's a few hundred thousand off being Monolith Soft's most profitable release so far.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Finally got all of the drat rare blades. I don't even want to admit the sheer amount of cores it took to get the last of them, at the very least I got 5 million in battle drop gold alone from core farming for them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Amppelix posted:

since parts of the NG+ are stuff that allow you to gain UNLIMITED POWER like even more accessory slots and more affinity skills i certainly hope there's something more difficult to challenge you than what's already in the base game
Season pass has the vaguely described challenge mode coming up towards the end of the year, but other than that, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Makes sense. I have the opposite problem with Nia, where if I accidentally start an elemental combo, I can kiss my main Break character goodbye until the combo expires.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Was sort of hoping the NG+ patch would have hit by now.

I have work for the next 5 days, so it would have been nice to get it while I had free time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

NG+ Patch has been delayed to March 2nd.