Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Diet Crack posted:

The only time they'll take 3rd in the coming decades.

Baku, motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Formula One Podium-er

Formula One Podiumite?

Formula One Podiphile Lance “The Pants” Stroll and Future Fellow Podiphile Sergei “Wait Or Is It Sergey, I Forget, Russian Transliteration Is Weird” Sirotkin

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm sure we'd have eventually found a joke for polesitter Robert Kubica if he'd gotten the seat. You know, because he's Polish. And has been on pole. And first on the grid.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is Force India still considering changing their name? Whatever happened with that?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It is done. Just needs an admin to hit the queue.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Me taking over all shitposting duties for the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDbMluwpHZQ

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Me taking over all shitposting duties for the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDbMluwpHZQ

Keep the old girl running, friend. I shall be watching daily.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
#BringBackPetrov

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Feels Villeneuve posted:

#BringBackPetrov

Alonso couldn't even pass Petrov at Abu Dhabi. Pretty much confirmed his fraud status, imo.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Pay Driver over Kubica... I really really want to keep supporting you Williams, but you're making this loving difficult with the comedy of bad decisions over the past 4 years.

If they come dead last I'm jumping ship.

I mean, they had Sirotkin and Bobby K doing test laps at the same time and Sergei was the quickest, when tyre corrected. He was also quicker than Massa. I love the Bobby K story, and I hope he races in F1 again but he wasn't as good as Sirotkin on exposed form. Like criticising Williams for making the decision literally any F1 team in Williams position would have made is p stupid.

Di Resta was a non-starter - it doesn't appear like there's anything backing him and Williams are a second tier team and they need that scrit - while Kvyat and Wehrlein are back where they belong: rooted to development drives and in the bin, respectively.

He's a pay driver, but he's been around as a test driver for Renault for the last two years and his backers have had him on the hotseat to F1 for 4 or 5 years now. He's nowhere near the "we're jumping off the board to pick a teenager who was only really successful as a result of being force fed success in F3 because his daddy has mad bank. We're gonna sign him because his daddy has mad bank." signing Stroll was. My view is he's basically a smidgen above Di Resta's competence level but with dumptrucks of money behind him whereas Bobby K is probably a bit below that at the moment, and really only has fan goodwill behind him.
It's sad that Williams are looking at, quite frankly, third tier drivers, but outside of trying to lure an Indycar champion who would earn far more money in Indy away they're simply stuck there. All the young up and coming drivers are part of the Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, Red Bull or McLaren driver development programs and sure they'll give you a super talented driver (if you pick correctly) and they will provide money but they're gonna want concessions as to how "their driver" is treated in "your team". When you look at Sauber, TR, Force India and how their development driver (or "preferred driver" in the case of TR) is treated vs how their actual driver is treated you'll see somewhat of a discrepancy.

Williams has been such a basket case for most of the last decade that they've struggled to get into a position to look at setting one up. Maybe if they can hold on to that weird 4th/5th position overall they'll be able to get something going.
In the meantime they're in this super awkward no mans land where they're not good enough to get the legit good drivers and not bad enough to be getting the next generation of legit good drivers.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 16, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Schlesische posted:

the "we're jumping off the board to pick a teenager who was only really successful as a result of being force fed success in F3 because his daddy has mad bank. We're gonna sign him because his daddy has mad bank." signing Stroll was.

I was with you until you seemed to have a minor stroke mid-post.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Theophany posted:

I was with you until you seemed to have a minor stroke mid-post.

I mean, for who he is he did a remarkable job adjusting to F1 through the middle of the season.
Lets not forget how his first 3 rounds went though.

I think you should Surrender to my logic.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Schlesische posted:

I mean, for who he is he did a remarkable job adjusting to F1 through the middle of the season.
Lets not forget how his first 3 rounds went though.

I think you should Surrender to my logic.

I think you need to check your Thetan levels, friend. I'm sensing a deep confusion hanging over your head that you should be freed from. Come spend some time with me aboard the Freewinds.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Williams should have ignored the Polish cripple and gone after Big Jo Palmer.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who the gently caress cares about Williams honestly?

We need more posts about Scuderia Ferrari the heart and soul of Formula 1

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Who the gently caress cares about Williams honestly?

We need more posts about Scuderia Ferrari the heart and soul of Formula 1

Agreed pal

#forzaferrari

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Holy poo poo. Williams is literally retarded.

Also, great job to whomever did up Theo's av :golfclap:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
huh

the honda powered team might not finish last after all

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Sirotkin manages to make Buttass look exciting. Sirotkin also looks like a completely generic Russian dude.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I hope Stroll dies in pre-season testing and Wheeliams gives his seat to Big Bobby Kube.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

Also, Poois Shamilton. I'm surprised we haven't trotted this one out recently given his toilet nazism.

I did, but I'm always up for another Poois comment. #POOPJET

Diet Crack posted:

Pay Driver over Kubica... I really really want to keep supporting you Williams, but you're making this loving difficult with the comedy of bad decisions over the past 4 years.

What if they find a way to get the money, and then one of the lead clowns has "an accident" in the garage and has to sit out for a few months? That could work for me. Actually, I have nothing against Sirotkin, I wouldn't mind seeing him do well, and would will thoroughly enjoy watching him consistently beat The Stroll.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

I did, but I'm always up for another Poois comment. #POOPJET

CratSock posted:

Actually, I have nothing against Sirotkin, I wouldn't mind seeing him do well, and would will thoroughly enjoy watching him consistently beat The Stroll.

Hot take: you won't get to.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I'm about 22 hours into this 50 hour+ unabridged audiobook of war and peace. Gonna do a quick summary of what happened cause some of it is interesting.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

Hot take: you won't get to.

We're on the same page about Hamilton, friend, I'm just sorry to see you are still neck deep in Stroll kool-aid.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I figured it out guys, Nico Rosberg is the pilot that poo poo on Their Lewis' plane.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Can I still post?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

I figured it out guys, Nico Rosberg is the pilot that poo poo on Their Lewis' plane.

Makes sense to me

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, I'm going to say this here and now.

Ahem.

If Williams put a Russian next to Stroll I will become the biggest Stroll fan up until the Russian is gone or Stroll is gone whichever happens first. Henceforth, I will then become the supporter of whatever driver is now next to the Russian.

If two Russians occupy both seats at Williams I will stop supporting Williams entirely until one or both Russians are gone.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
We need to put things in perspective here for Lance Stroll. He is only 19 years of age and to be able to handle and compete in Formula 1-- especially this era of brutal cars which are the fastest in F1 history --is even more impressive. A podium in his debut season at a hugely high attrition race at that is amazing. Yes, some people call it a fluke but there are no flukes in racing. He managed to keep his car on the track and his nose clean as the race went on and on. That is pure commitment and concentration right there. No one should give a gently caress about his financial background either. Sure, his dad is one of the richest men in the world but there's diminishing returns on just how far wealth can get you in racing.

The Pasta God himself, Barilla whatever, raced in F1 and his pastabillions didn't get him even a podium. Lance is also a dominant beast in his junior category. If you want to talk about how his dad actually bought enough engineers, parts, anmd whatever else Prema needed in F3 and that team was operating at basically an F1 level Vs. the rest of the actual F3 field then gently caress you. You just don't get it. An executive chef can make the greatest dish in the world, put it in front of you, and it all will be for nothing if all you do is smash your face into the plate. It takes commitment and skill to utilize the knife and fork to extract the maximum taste of whatever the gently caress you just ordered.

This is Lance. And he's going to put that Putin Puppet Russian gently caress in his place. Sirotkin is going to be Sir Rotted Kin by the time Lance is done with him. The Russian Evil Empire picked the wrong team, place, and time to put their doped up piece of poo poo in and Lance, my Canadian Pride & Joy, is going to show you what the civilized free world can do in the face of a rotten evil genetically predisposed-to-dourness vodka-bag.

It's going to be scary seeing Lance grow up and gain experience in F1. It's going to be real scary.... everyone should be scared. I'm scared.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Can I still post?

Yeah, I think I should still get to post considering that Big Bobby K technically got a Wheeliams seat.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

We need to put things in perspective here for Lance Stroll. He is only 19 years of age and to be able to handle and compete in Formula 1-- especially this era of brutal cars which are the fastest in F1 history --is even more impressive. A podium in his debut season at a hugely high attrition race at that is amazing. Yes, some people call it a fluke but there are no flukes in racing. He managed to keep his car on the track and his nose clean as the race went on and on. That is pure commitment and concentration right there. No one should give a gently caress about his financial background either. Sure, his dad is one of the richest men in the world but there's diminishing returns on just how far wealth can get you in racing.

The Pasta God himself, Barilla whatever, raced in F1 and his pastabillions didn't get him even a podium. Lance is also a dominant beast in his junior category. If you want to talk about how his dad actually bought enough engineers, parts, anmd whatever else Prema needed in F3 and that team was operating at basically an F1 level Vs. the rest of the actual F3 field then gently caress you. You just don't get it. An executive chef can make the greatest dish in the world, put it in front of you, and it all will be for nothing if all you do is smash your face into the plate. It takes commitment and skill to utilize the knife and fork to extract the maximum taste of whatever the gently caress you just ordered.

This is Lance. And he's going to put that Putin Puppet Russian gently caress in his place. Sirotkin is going to be Sir Rotted Kin by the time Lance is done with him. The Russian Evil Empire picked the wrong team, place, and time to put their doped up piece of poo poo in and Lance, my Canadian Pride & Joy, is going to show you what the civilized free world can do in the face of a rotten evil genetically predisposed-to-dourness vodka-bag.

It's going to be scary seeing Lance grow up and gain experience in F1. It's going to be real scary.... everyone should be scared. I'm scared.

I'm scared too op.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hi scared, I’m wicka

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

Hi scared, I’m wicka

loving dad jokes up in here.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

Hi scared, I’m wicka

:dadjoke:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#forzaferrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Ferrari were Furrari, what would Vettel’s fursona be? I’ll take my answer off the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

If Ferrari were Furrari, what would Vettel’s fursona be? I’ll take my answer off the air.

the more disgusting thing in this picture is the blue f40. What the gently caress is this poo poo?

• Locked thread