Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Appearance and Costume Resources
I am male, 5'8", about 190lbs, muscular build. Blue eyes, hair of indeterminate brownish/reddish/blond color. I am in good physical shape due to martial-arts training. I have a moustache but no beard. There is nothing particularly remarkable about my appearance except a slight limp (congenital cerebral palsy which I cover pretty well).
I have a reasonably well-stocked costume closet, including everything from an impressive wizard's outfit through quasi-military khakis, a white lab coat, 17th-century cavalier's garb, frock coat, topper & sword cane suitable for a 19th-century boulevardier, and an authentically styled Roman senatorial toga.
My wife is an accomplished costumer and not averse to outfitting me elaborately for a good role.

Preferred Character Types
I consider myself a skilled and veteran player suitable for major and even leading roles — in fact my success tends to be directly proportional to my degree of involvement in major plot lines. `Spear-carrier' roles make me feel cramped and unhappy and I usually flub them. This is not exactly because I have ham tendencies (though I do) it's that I don't find small roles much of a challenge any more.
The pattern in most of the characters I have played best and enjoyed most is that they are all types who get their leverage from intelligence and puzzle-solving ability — high-level scientist or sorcerer types. One of them, `The Brain', made me the runner-up for the `Best Player' award in the first Ace Of Spades game at Balticon (and achieved all his character goals in his second appearance at the Floating Vagabond). Another (Dr. John Myriad) saved the planet Earth twice — once in Rekon-1B (my first game) and again in Rekon+10, a decade later.
In the last decade, however, I have been doing more in the way of pure dramatic roleplaying. My Cyrano de Bergerac in King's Musketeers II barely met a single one of his goals, but was much praised during and after the game for sheer melodramatic intensity (not to mention being showered with style points by the Cruel Hoax referees, not an easy crowd to impress).
My preference is to play a `Good' or `Neutral' character, but I would play a villain if necessary to get a stronger part. Usually I'd rather play an independent than a faction follower or even leader. When intriguing, I do a lot of win-win negotiating and often find myself in a pivot or power-broker position between several factions (I do have some `schemer' tendencies, though I usually prefer not to play pure schemer characters). My playing style is also marked by the fact that I almost never lie to anyone, preferring to find ways to make the truth serve my ends (by misdirection, if necessary).
Many game forms oppose `character acting' against `strategic success'. For me, the two aren't separable. All my `winning' characters have been intensely character-acted; conversely, when I've been handed a character that I couldn't method-act my way into I've generally crashed and burned. Give me a character that fits and a little rope and I'll generate as much drama as you could ask for.

Skills and Interests Relevant to Live-Action Gaming
I have an extensive knowledge base in the sciences and history.
I have a lot of experience at table gaming (military simulations, combinatorial games, etc.) and play them with some skill. If your game has a real military simulation in it, you want me as one of the generals, and it would be unwise to put me on any side you want to lose.
I have good public-speaking skills and can hold an audience.
I am a fairly able poet and can extemporize in any one of several genres at short notice, including but not limited to: ballad, limerick, haiku, and alliterative heroic meter.
I am very good at word puzzles (incomplete word recognition, crosswords, cryptograms, anagrams, that sort of thing).
I play flute, guitar, and hand drums.
I hold the rank of 1st Dan Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, and am a student of aikido; accordingly I have considerable skill in hand-to-hand and weapons techniques, including sword and nunchaku, and am a good shot with a pistol. While the skills are not directly relevant in-game, the background does make me more convincing at playing warrior/assassin/spy-type characters.
I am an expert computer programmer and Internet technologist.
Further Information
If you are looking at paper, it was generated from a WWW page. You can find my home page at http://www.catb.org/~esr/.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Appearance and Costume Resources
I am male, 5'8", about 190lbs, muscular build. Blue eyes, hair of indeterminate brownish/reddish/blond color. I am in good physical shape due to martial-arts training. I have a moustache but no beard. There is nothing particularly remarkable about my appearance except a slight limp (congenital cerebral palsy which I cover pretty well).
I have a reasonably well-stocked costume closet, including everything from an impressive wizard's outfit through quasi-military khakis, a white lab coat, 17th-century cavalier's garb, frock coat, topper & sword cane suitable for a 19th-century boulevardier, and an authentically styled Roman senatorial toga.
My wife is an accomplished costumer and not averse to outfitting me elaborately for a good role.

Preferred Character Types
I consider myself a skilled and veteran player suitable for major and even leading roles — in fact my success tends to be directly proportional to my degree of involvement in major plot lines. `Spear-carrier' roles make me feel cramped and unhappy and I usually flub them. This is not exactly because I have ham tendencies (though I do) it's that I don't find small roles much of a challenge any more.
The pattern in most of the characters I have played best and enjoyed most is that they are all types who get their leverage from intelligence and puzzle-solving ability — high-level scientist or sorcerer types. One of them, `The Brain', made me the runner-up for the `Best Player' award in the first Ace Of Spades game at Balticon (and achieved all his character goals in his second appearance at the Floating Vagabond). Another (Dr. John Myriad) saved the planet Earth twice — once in Rekon-1B (my first game) and again in Rekon+10, a decade later.
In the last decade, however, I have been doing more in the way of pure dramatic roleplaying. My Cyrano de Bergerac in King's Musketeers II barely met a single one of his goals, but was much praised during and after the game for sheer melodramatic intensity (not to mention being showered with style points by the Cruel Hoax referees, not an easy crowd to impress).
My preference is to play a `Good' or `Neutral' character, but I would play a villain if necessary to get a stronger part. Usually I'd rather play an independent than a faction follower or even leader. When intriguing, I do a lot of win-win negotiating and often find myself in a pivot or power-broker position between several factions (I do have some `schemer' tendencies, though I usually prefer not to play pure schemer characters). My playing style is also marked by the fact that I almost never lie to anyone, preferring to find ways to make the truth serve my ends (by misdirection, if necessary).
Many game forms oppose `character acting' against `strategic success'. For me, the two aren't separable. All my `winning' characters have been intensely character-acted; conversely, when I've been handed a character that I couldn't method-act my way into I've generally crashed and burned. Give me a character that fits and a little rope and I'll generate as much drama as you could ask for.

Skills and Interests Relevant to Live-Action Gaming
I have an extensive knowledge base in the sciences and history.
I have a lot of experience at table gaming (military simulations, combinatorial games, etc.) and play them with some skill. If your game has a real military simulation in it, you want me as one of the generals, and it would be unwise to put me on any side you want to lose.
I have good public-speaking skills and can hold an audience.
I am a fairly able poet and can extemporize in any one of several genres at short notice, including but not limited to: ballad, limerick, haiku, and alliterative heroic meter.
I am very good at word puzzles (incomplete word recognition, crosswords, cryptograms, anagrams, that sort of thing).
I play flute, guitar, and hand drums.
I hold the rank of 1st Dan Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, and am a student of aikido; accordingly I have considerable skill in hand-to-hand and weapons techniques, including sword and nunchaku, and am a good shot with a pistol. While the skills are not directly relevant in-game, the background does make me more convincing at playing warrior/assassin/spy-type characters.
I am an expert computer programmer and Internet technologist.
Further Information
If you are looking at paper, it was generated from a WWW page. You can find my home page at http://www.catb.org/~esr/.

god this reminds me of richard stallman's rider which is loving insane

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

quote:

I hold the rank of 1st Dan Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do
:thunk:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RISCy Business posted:

glad this fully grown adult doesnt need help crossing roads

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

C++ owns

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

qhat posted:

C++ owns

nah

it bad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Condiv posted:

nah

it bad

trap finally sprung, knew you were posting on here all along esr you fucker

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

trap finally sprung, knew you were posting on here all along esr you fucker

i'm not nearly insane enough to be esr

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

RISCy Business posted:

I still wonder who or what ruined breakfast for him

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
ive said it before and ill say it every thread

IM THE MUSCULAR BUILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

RISCy Business posted:

I do not eat breakfast. Please do not ask me any questions about what I will do breakfast. Please just do not bring it up.

JUST DON'T BRING IT UP, OK?

:mad:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

slashdot worshipped these people

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

RISCy Business posted:

idk seems reasonable to me

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Toady posted:

slashdot worshipped these people

because slashdot is full of people with broken brains

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
much like reddit

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Toady posted:

slashdot worships these people

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

HoboMan posted:

idk seems reasonable to me

if you assume that all of the weird overly specific things are because people tried to do those things in the past then it's perfectly reasonable imo. if they're weird overly specific things that he imagines might happen if he doesn't tell people not to do them then it's kinda crazy.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Plorkyeran posted:

if you assume that all of the weird overly specific things are because people tried to do those things in the past then it's perfectly reasonable imo. if they're weird overly specific things that he imagines might happen if he doesn't tell people not to do them then it's kinda crazy.

ok it’s not crazy it’s just insanely pretentious and cruel, shaming all of his past hosts for things like uh... offering him a parrot

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
can you imagine the social awkwardness of many of his hosts though

can you really

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
in rms' defense (i never thought i'd say those words), if someone came up to me and said "hey, here's [animal you like], i adopted one for you" i'd be extremely confused and upset and demand that they find a proper home for it

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
i think that's the least weird part of the entire rider, "don't loving buy an animal for me what the hell dude"

George
Nov 27, 2004

rms used to crash on couches, gently caress scenesters, and drop his used condoms on the floor under the couch

hes not giving any fucks about his hosts

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
yeah, “don’t put down anything you like when he stays over, you’ll have to burn the sheets” has been said about RMS for a long time

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
i really didn't want the mental image of rms having sex but now i have it, thanks

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

George posted:

rms used to crash on couches, gently caress scenesters, and drop his used condoms on the floor under the couch

hes not giving any fucks about his hosts

Least he has safe sex? :shobon:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

tbqh the least few posts have hugely improved my respect for rms in several ways

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

tbqh the least few posts have hugely improved my respect for rms in several ways

same

George
Nov 27, 2004

ill say this for rms: he actually brushes his teeth

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
rms is alpha as gently caress just like gnu

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the virgin esr vs. the chad rms

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Breakfast All Day posted:

nostradamus predicts java will gain a foothold in systems 10 years after the release of android

more like nostradumbass oh hohoho :stat: :wal:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Roosevelt posted:

the virgin esr vs. the chad rms

esr fucks and yospos can’t stand it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

true. i am finding myself coming around on eugenics as we speak

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

George posted:

shocked to find out that free software's greatest champion uses copy protection

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

big scary monsters posted:

lol

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

George
Nov 27, 2004

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

holy poo poo

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

this is the classic pos content i crave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Gat drat

• Locked thread