Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Name: Stev Ansahok
Face: Wrecker 2 (DAMMIT I WAS TOO SLOW TO GRAB 1)
Class: Neo-Soldat
Rolls:
Supply Roll: 1d6 3
CYBER ROLL: 1d20 8

Stev Ansahok is a mysterious and heroic veteran of the Moon Wars.

Unfortunately, the Moon Wars were such a horrible embarrassment that everyone involved was sentenced to death so that we could just kind of forget about them.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / CYBER: RIG JACK]

As the bolts blew from his pod, Stev clambered out cheerfully. Holy poo poo! The pod hadn't fallen apart on the way down, and they'd given him drugs beforehand to make the ride easier! This was way better than the Moon Wars! He hadn't even known that the technology existed for pods that made it all the way to the ground!

He gave the surroundings a quick survey, slotted his scope onto his pistol, in true Moon War fashion, and dashed off into the distance, followed by camera drones. No point sticking around, it wasn't like they'd drop him right on top of the loot. That wouldn't be any fun!

Running to 3.08. Curse my slow-rear end movement speed!

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 1, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Was that... it was! Another wrecker! What luck, to have already found a friend out in these blighted wastes!

"Hey! You! Hello there! Lovely day for some scrounging, isn't it! Hell of a ride down, I think we must have nearly--oh bollocks" Stev shouted, jauntily waving with his pistol, until the drat hunk of junk misfired, sending a bullet ricocheting off to who knows where in the mountains of junk. "Sorry about that! It's not the greatest gun, but it's got sentimental value to me."

There was an odd metallic pinging and twanging somewhere nearby, What was that? It was almost like... like... oh god, it was on the tip of his tongue. Oh! Like the time they'd accidentally collapsed that bridge along their own escape route! The cables snapping had sounded just like that! That's funny, why would he be hearing that now? Must be a drug-induced flashback. Ah well.

"Anyways, it looks like we've got a long day ahead of us. I was thinking maybe we could check out that wreck over there together, see what that's all about. Work out a fair deal. Sound good to you?"

Hey, the pinging stopped! But now there was that horrible groaning noise. Stev frowned. Had the other guy heard him over that?

"I SAID, DO YOU WANT TO TEAM--OH, poo poo!"

A nearby tower of cars finally crossed the tipping point, raining down on the area. Whoops.

Improvise!: 1d6 1

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"Yeah! For real, I'm sorry that happened. Some real Moon Wars poo poo right there, y'know? Nothing seemed to go right on that entire campaign."

After offering up a high five, Stev walked over to the pile of wrecked cars, picking through them for any good bits. Hey, at least they were easier to reach now.

Salvage!: 1d6 3

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 3->1 Luxe / CYBER: RIG JACK]

"Hey Midge! Catch!" Stev said, tossing a couple of good bits of salvage to his comrade-in-arms. "About time we got a move on, I think."

Giving Midge 2 Luxe and heading over to 4.08

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[quote="The Lord of Hats" post="479056651"]

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 3->1 Luxe / CYBER: RIG JACK]

"Mmm, good to know. I'll keep an eye out, and I'll try and make sure they don't get all the good scrap."

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 1 Luxe / CYBER: RIG JACK]

"I dunno, a Wwizard seems like they'd go for a lot. But, y'know... we really don't know what the hell he can do. Wwizards, man. They'll mess you up. Although..."

Stev cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted from a safe distance.

"Hey! Wwizard! Can I have your hat?"

Just chilling, for now

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 1 Luxe / CYBER: RIG JACK]

"Well, it was worth a shot."

Stev started picking through the wreckage for salvage, but he couldn't shake the feeling there should have been more than this around. There was still good scrap, but not fantastic

"Midge, I'm pretty sure someone else got through here before us. And if there's someone after us, too... it's going to get pretty crowded."

Scrounge for Luxe: 1d6 5

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 6->4 Luxe / CYBER: RIG JACK]

"For me? You shouldn't have!" Stev swung the hammer joyfully. Huh, not the greatest balance on that thing. But maybe... he slid the scope off of his gun and onto the hammer, and it actually felt a lot better that way! "Right, then. I'll get the place scoped out, piece a' cake. Oh, and here's your share of the loot."

Giving Midge 2 Luxe and moving to 04.06

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 6->4 Luxe / CYBER: RIG JACK]

As camera drones swarmed him, Stev froze up. Not because this reminded him of the time when he'd been ambushed by enemy gundrones--half of them had spontaneously exploded, and the rest either jammed or shot each other by mistake--but because he'd slept through the sponsor orientation, and he was having a hard time remembering what Dr. Yith's Cyber-Driver actually did. It was only when he looked at his wrist and saw the logo on the chrome of his Rig Jack that he finally pieced it together and looked into the camera.

"I fought in the Moon Wars of Octiplex VI. You've probably heard of them as "The War Where Nothing Worked". Guns misfired, drop pods disintegrated in midair, drones turned on their operators for no good reason... Well, that's all true. But I made it through the war because I had the one piece of tech that could be relied on--my trusty Rig Jack from Dr. Yith." He turned to another camera and deployed the jackspike, sticking gleaming into the air. "I got this baby when I was drafted, and I've singlehandedly jacked Alpha Enforcers with it."

That was technically true, but these were Moon War Alpha Enforcers, which typically had only one reliably working leg, and had armor plating that fell off if you looked at them funny.

"It was cheap, reliable, and best of all, the good doctors over at Yith were able to perform a pain-free installation in the comfort of my own hab unit! Offering everything from basic eyegear to the 'Sputin Special, Dr. Yith got me through the moon wars, and he'll get me through Wrecking Crew. Call today, and set an appointment for a better you." He turned to a final camera and gave a thumbs up. Hopefully the sponsors would like it.

Cutting a promo!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 4 Luxe / CYBER: RIG JACK]

As the camera drones flew away to find another promo spot, Stev stowed his rig jack and continued onwards, whistling. Pretty good pay for a few minutes work!

Moving to 03.05

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Oh wow. Wow, that was a lot of rigs, there. Like, a lot of rigs. It looked like one of them was piloted by a wrecker, but that could really go either way. The important thing in a situation like this was to establish dominance. After all, the rigs are probably more scared of you than you are for them. Tightening his hat, Stev waved his scoped hammer in the air, shouting at the assembled Gammas as he strode forward.

"Hey! You lot! Yeah, you! I'm Stev! I fought in the Moon Wars! And I'm not afraid of WHOOPS!"

Preoccupied with the enemy, Stev slipped on a puddle of machine oil, the head of the K-Hammer hitting the ground with a mighty thud which was soon followed by some worrying rumbling. Shaking himself off, Stev climbed to his feet.

"Right! Like I was saying, I'm not afraid of--oh."

The rumbling reached a crescendo as a gaping hole opened up beneath four of the rigs, sending them tumbling to the ground, leaving the wrecker-crewed Gamma untouched.

"Well, then."

IMPROVISE!: 1d6 5 that's a SINKHOLE, excluding cryo. And the attacks: Sinkhole!: 4#1d8 7 7 8 5 :eyepop:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Stev watched, awestruck, as the Rigjacker went to work. Watching it was a proper education on just how Rigjacking worked. Shaking his head free of dust, Stev went to work scrounging. Gotta get that Luxe!

"Nice work!"

Scrounging for whatever's available, leaving two gammas untouched (for a total of 3 intact, with Cryo's). I don't know what's been scrounged so I'll let you roll. And then I'm going to upload two-thirds of it to my account.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 9L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK]

"Hey, thanks! Really generous of you. I'm going to stick around for a bit, wait for my buddy to catch up. If you want to wait too, you're certainly welcome to."

Just going to stay in place for now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"Good to see you again, Midge! We've got a Rig here so that you can actually get around at a reasonable speed! You should've seen... Cryo, right? Yeah, you should've seen Cryo at work, it was something else!"

Stev tried to get close to take a swing at the big mutant, but with the constant blasts of Midge's shotgun, that was easier said than done.

Hammer Time!: 1d6 2

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Stev peered down into the sinkhole, watching the mutant try to climb out. He'd probably manage it eventually, but it'd take a while. Whistling, he started picking through the newly exposed rubble.

"Anyways, like I was saying--Rig's yours, Midge. We could stick around, put we've picked this place pretty well clean, and it's probably about to collapse into the earth anyways. Looking at the map, we should be able to tour a nice little string of wrecks around here. You're welcome to come if you want, Cryo!"

Salvage!: 1d6 5

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 17L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK]

"Right then! Let's give this a go!"

Moving to 04.07

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 23, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 7L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK]

Stev leaned in, examining the merchant's wares closely, thinking it over.

"Well, I don't actually know what a gallbladder does, but you make a strong case for it. Sure, I could go for some extra bits. You never know when they'll come in handy! It won't take too long, right?"

Go from 17 Luxe to 7 to try and get an extra hp.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 7L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

Stev sat up on the crude operating table, and pulled his hat down over his slightly-enlarged skull. He hadn't really thought that the extra bits in question were going to be extra bits of brain, but hey, he wasn't the doctor here. Say, what was that buzzing noise? Like someone was whispering in his ear...

killkillkillsmashbreaktheirbonesrendtheirfleshdrinktheirbloodTAKETHEIRSKULLSTAKETHEIRSKULLSTAKETHEIRSKULLS

Huh. That was going to be kind of annoying. Well, nothing to be done for it right now. Just gotta keep the eyes on the prize.

Salvage!

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 26, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[quote="The Lord of Hats" post="479627635"]

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 7L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

The rumbling was audible even over the howling of the Ruststorm, and the heads-up on the stand issue comms just confirmed it. Cancer was in play. The robot cancer, not the disease cancer. Well, if someone had wandered into the rad zone then that kind of cancer was probably in play too, but that wasn't the point right now. The point was, now there was a deadline. The longer they stuck around, the more likely it became that they got crushed by a giant crab-bot. Thankfully, judging by the sound, it was some ways off. They'd still have time to grab the treasure. First, though...

"Ruststorm's not getting any better!" Stev shouted over the rising wind. "You guys, get to the wreck, keep those mechs intact! We're going to need them to crack that vault! I''m going to go ahead and pick through that supply drop! Might be something in there that helps us out!"

He pressed a fistful of luxe into each of their hands, tossed a fuel tank to Midge, and strode out into the rust. It was times like this that really made you appreciate a good hat.

Giving 2 luxe each to Midge and Cryo, and giving Midge 3 Fuel. Then I'll head to 04.09

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

In the end, Stev almost tripped over the box as he stumbled through the storm. Visibility had gotten even worse as he'd pressed on past the wreck; he was going to have to hunker down here for a bit if he didn't want to get lost. Still, as miserable as it was, it was nothing that a Wreckmas present couldn't fix! Pulling off a glove, he pressed it against the box's palm reader, and crossed his fingers for luck.

"HO HO HO, MERRY WRECKMAS!" The box blared out into the wind "YOUR ANTERIOR SUB-BRAIN HAS BEEN VERY NAUGHTY INDEED!"

itsheadtakesitsheadtakeitsHEAD! the Voice whispered.

Naughty or Nice?: 1d6 6

"BUT YOU, STEV... WHY, YOU'VE BEEN EVEN NICER THAN YOUR SUB-BRAIN HAS BEEN NAUGHTY! A VERY MERRY WRECKMAS PRESENT TO YOU!"

With an inaudible hiss, the box popped open, and Stev eagerly tore away at the wrapping paper, it had been worth being good! His parents had been right all along! Gently, reverently, he reached in and pulled out...

Wreckmas Pressie Contents: 2#1d20 9 13

A DPM Rifle! A DPM Rifle of his very own! Just like he'd always wanted! "Thank you, Santa!" he shouted to the cameras.

you'llshoottheireyesout!AIMFORTHEIREYESTHEIREYESTHEIREYES!!!!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Stev was all set to head off to the vault when he heard a familiar voice shout over the slackening wind. His subbrain didn't particularly seem to agree with the change in plans heads!, but Stev trusted Midge, and besides, he wasn't about to crack that vault on his own. Whistling, Stev headed off towards the death beacons, then looked into the distance. Hm... it'd be a bit of a detour, but he should arrive at the same time as he would have anyways.

Moving 4.09->5.08->6.09

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

While his face wasn't visible, Stev's posture noticeably brightened as he saw Cryo and Midge.

"Oh, hey! Wasn't sure you guys were going to come this way, it's good to meet up with you again! Let's try and keep this detour short, my fingers are itching for whatever's in that--"

Suddenly, the annoying whisper of the sub-brain became a deafening roar as a Beta Enforcer stepped out from behind a wall, armaments at the ready.

"IN THAT HEAD! YOUR SKULL! GIVE ME YOUR SKULL!" Stev cried as he suddenly found himself rushing recklessly into the fray, the swings of his hammer going wide in his frenzy. Inwardly, he reflected that this might be something of a problem in the future, but that would have to wait until he had that precious skull in his hands.

Hammer Time!: 1d8 3

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 2, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 12L, 17F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

HEADS! Stev's sub-brain cried as he opened the hatch of the Beta Enforcer, pausing only to stove in its struggling pilot's ribcage with his hammer. After picking out the largest chunks of corpse, he settled in to the seat, pressing buttons, twisting dials, and getting used to the controls.

"Right! Stevbot, ready to roll!"

Climbing into the Beta Enforcer

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 12L, 17F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

The voice was quiet for now. Sated. Which was good, because Stev wasn't that great of a mech pilot, and needed all the help he could get to follow Cryo and Midge.

Move to 7.07

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 12L, 12F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

"Well, now! You guys were right about taking the detour, this was waaaaay worth it! Here, let me get the box, the last one already told me I'd been good, I'm sure it'll work again!"

Naughty or Nice?: 1d6 1

Turns out jacking mechs and pulping the pilot is very naughty indeed!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[quote="The Lord of Hats" post="479936530"]

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 12L, 10F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

"Thanks Midge, but I'm fine--rig took the blow for me. I mean, it's in pretty bad shape now, but what can you do? That split sounds good--I'll take whatever's in this box, you guys can split that other stuff however you want--we should call that airstrike on the vault so it lands before we get there, save some time. And now..."

Stev divvied out the scrap, then turned back and opened the box, and maybe it was just tinnitus from the explosion, but he could swear he heard a chorus of angels. Slowly, reverently, he lifted it out.

Looting the Box!: 2#1d20 18 9

A K-Hammer. A tuned K-Hammer. He hefted its weight, testing it, then after a moment's thought, attached his scope. There. Perfection.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to smash a goddamn vault!"

Looting the box, grabbing a Tuned K-Hammer instead of another rifle. Looting the Luxe and dividing it for 8 to Stev, 7 each to Cryo and Midge

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 20L, 10F->8F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY] RIG HP: 1/6

"RIP, guys we never really met. Your deaths were probably stupid and easily avoidable. Amen."

Having recited the traditional funeral prayer of the Moon Wars, Stev hopped back in his Rig and got it in motion, shambling along despite the considerable damage it had already sustained.

"We've picked through the ruins around here already. Let's check the space between them, make sure there's nothing we missed."

moving to 5.08

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 20L, 10F->8F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY] RIG HP: 1/6

"Hey!" Stev yelled as the... seriously, what was that guy's deal? Some kind of samurai or something? What the heck did he think he was doing? Anyways, he was clearly going for the Strike Beacon, which... well, they might not end up using it, but it sure as hell didn't belong to that rear end in a top hat.

"Eat hammer!" he shouted as he swung his weapon directly into the man's face. Wow. People really weren't built to stand up to that kind of force, were they?

Smoosh That Rust Samurai: 1d10 10

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 8, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 20L, 8F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY] RIG HP: 1/6

Well, he'd been too slow to stop that madman from getting a bomb off, but getting close had at least kept Stev out of the blast radius, for what that was worth. The Beta was kind of a hunk of junk on its last legs now, but that was just like coming home for the neo-soldat. It felt familiar. And it was that familiarity, along with Midge's supressing fire, that made sure that the mutant's meaty fist landed on one of the intact plates of armor, making for nothing more than a dull thud before Cryo blew it away.

"Well, sucks about the rigs. Glad the two of you are alright, though. Here, let me get these things dismantled for you..."

salvaging both rigs and ambient salvage, splitting the spoils equally (if there's short shares, take it all from mine to even things out)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 26L, 8F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY] RIG HP: 1/6

"Alright guys, hop on. Let's try and get to the vault before this hunk of junk breaks down on us for good." Stev said, bending the rig down for his teammates to clamber aboard before setting into motion. It took a little adjustment to move with the unevenly distributed weight, but Stev managed to get the knack of it, and it wasn't like he had to be fighting while carrying them.

"So, whatever we run into is probably going to be nasty, but we're armed to the teeth; we can take it. If you think we're going to need to back off, try and give me some warning--I'm going to have a hard time pulling myself away. If things go south, we can try and take out the defenses from range, or just cut our losses and book it to the cradle. Sound like a plan?"

Moving to 04.10, carrying Midge and Cryo with me

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 26L, 8F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY] RIG HP: 1/6

Stev grinned as they rolled up to the vault. The unguarded vault. Whoever had stashed things here had apparently decided that passive defenses would be enough to protect whatever was inside. Well, whoever that was had clearly underestimated Wrecker ingenuity.

"Well poo poo, this is easy! Here, let me show you guys a trick I picked up in the Moon Wars. Never came across a single door that didn't give way to this one..." twisting the controls, Stev bent the rig downwards, close to the numbered keypad. "Alright... One... One... One... uh... One!"

He was rewarded with an angry buzz and a flashing red light.

"Well, poo poo. You guys try, I'll see if I can think of something else."

Open The Vault!: 1d6 3

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Stev nodded, gripping his hammer tighter and running some quick diagnostics on the rig to get a better sense of what it still had in the tank.

"Gonna make for some quality TV here, sponsors! Forget the other guys, you want to spend those credits here."

Ambush!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

It wasn't exactly hard to make the Enforcer look like a hunk of disabled scrap laying by the vault door--it was already most of the way there, after all. He took deep breaths as he prepared himself for what was coming, and then held his breath as the squad... no, that was a proper assault force approached. He couldn't see Cryo or Midge from where he was positioned; only the hulking mass of the Beta Gunman as it approached to investigate.

Closer... closer... The moment was going to be soon...

Just waiting!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The Beta was practically on top of Stev when he finally pulled at the controls, and brought his rig thundering to life. Its arms reached up, latching on to the enemy as his own hatch popped open to reveal Stev at the ready, the cameras capturing a gleaming spike protruding from his palm and the momentary flash of a grin on his perpetually-shadowed face.

"Told you this would pull me through! This frag brought to you courtesy of my good friend Doctor Yith!" he shouted as he plunged the spike into the machine. His eyes crossed in concentration as a wave of information flowed over him, and he fought to reprogram the thing. It wouldn't last forever, but it would sure last long enough! He released the Beta, which stood up jerkly at first, but then smoothly turned and started raining gunfire down on the mutants. That done, he sent his own rig crashing into a Crawler, his hammer crushing effortlessly through its optical sensors before he pulled back into cover.

This was going to be some drat good television.

Ambush: Rigjack the Beta! It's an automatic success because first map rules, woo!
Smash That Crawler!: 1d10 10
Remote Pilot the Beta At The Manhunter!: 1d10 10

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 15, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 26L, 8F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

"Hell yeah! That's how it's done!" sure, Stev's rig had finally given up the ghost, but that was hardly surprising. And it was the only casualty, to boot. They'd made it out unharmed. Well, so far at least.

As the others started cracking the disabled rigs, Stev stepped out from the thoroughly-scorched cover and swaggered up to the remaining mutant, who appeared to be in the process of reloading.

"Look, I'm going to be honest. It's not looking good for you! I get that you had to do the whole "defend the vault" thing, and you came in with good backup, had us outnumbered, all good. And then we wrecked your poo poo, jacked your rigs, your buddy decided to buzz off to snipe at us--which isn't going to work out for him, if you ask me--and you're here all by your lonesome! Now, you can stick around and try and fight us, and get your head pulped... orrrrrrrr you can call a 'tactical retreat', fake a comms failure, and chill for a while while we clear the place out, and you'll be alive at the end of this. So, what'll it be?"

Trying to convince the mutant that continuing the fight is a stupid thing to do. If I somehow still have an action afterwards, loot the downed rigs and the surroundings

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 26L, 8F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

Stev smiled as the mutant turned to peacefully walk off, then frowned as the bunker buster blew the vault wide open, taking the mutant with it. He was lucky to have the wreck of the Enforcer between him and the blast, and to have been facing away from the vault.

"Well... wasn't my fault, at least. Although what is going to be my fault..." Stev unslung his rifle and slapped his scope onto its rails, peering down it into the distance. "Yeah, easy does it... not going to give you a chance to muck things up for us here..."

Shooting the Headhunter: 1d12 5

His shot fired, Stev headed towards the vault as his wristband started blaring the notice that the round was about to end. Looks like someone managed to take Cancer down after all. Still, there should be time left for a quick pillage.

"Let's get that prize while the getting's good!"

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 17, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

There wasn't much time left before exfiltration, but Stev intended to make the most of it. He hadn't come all this way not to get at those goodies, after all. He stepped through the smouldering ruins of the vault door and peered around, finally spotting some signs denoting what was where. Stockpile... eh, he'd have to pay to haul the stuff out anyways. May as well leave it. The rest sounded promising, but none moreso than the Biofoundry. That Voice was starting to get annoying, and despite what the Lung Bandit had told him, Stev had a sneaking suspicion that maybe having extra brain stuck in there wasn't a straight upgrade. At least, not the way that the Bandit had done it. Surely random machinery in a vault in a middle of a blasted wasteland would be better at brain surgery!

Setting down his stuff, Stev hoisted himself onto the operating table and laid down as a truly terrifying array of robotic arms, some armed with incredibly sharp knives, started probing his skull.

"Make this quick, will you? I've got a flight to catch."

Using the Biofoundry to upgrade Amygdalic Hypercephaly. For exfiltration, Stev will be travelling light, taking his Scope and the Tuned K-Hammer, for a total cost of 30 Luxe

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 5 / MOVE: 2 / 109 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev was glad to make it back alive, but he knew he wasn't done yet. You didn't get pardoned from the Moon Wars death sentence that easily. No, he was going to be stuck in this for the long haul. On arrival back at Wrecking Crew Central, he deposited his spare Luxe and got his head checked. From what the doctors were telling him, the vault's biofoundry had done some serious work. Not only had he developed a certain mutant kinship, his body had somehow become more receptive to augmentation, whether cybernetic or biological. Well then. He could work with that.

Signing up for the next map, taking +1 Max HP and Evolver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 5 / MOVE: 2 / 0 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

gently caress it was cold. Stev had been bundled up nicely for the occasion, but even through the thermo-suit it was chilly. Still, he'd had worse. Technically none of the many battles of the Moon Wars had taken place somewhere quite this cold, but the equipment had been a lot worse, too. Stev shook his head. This wasn't the time for reminiscing. This was Wrecking Crew! There was wrecking to be done!

Stev strode out of his pod and into a drift, testing his weight on the crust of the 'snow'. It was slow going if he wanted to stay on top of it, but it was going to be even slower trying to wade through the stuff. And while it wasn't exactly clear vision, he was pretty sure it was just bare ice in the distance, which would be nice. Oh, there was one more consideration, wasn't there? He had an actual account now.

"Hey, sponsors!" he shouted at the nearest camera. Technically shouting wasn't necessary, the mic was inside the thermo-suit, but it felt better that way. "I've got some cash to burn, and an itching need for some new chrome! At least, I think that's what that itch is. Drop me a couple autodocs, wouldya? I'm in the mood to upgrade." With that said, he headed off into the distance.

Move 06.10->06.09->06.08

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 23, 2018