Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Post
  • Reply
thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!




Old Pete’s, the Revelry

The party is just starting up as most of the stools are shoved in, getting ready for the initial crowd of people. There’s a bouncer at the door, an ogre barely passing as a human, who’s mainly checking that people know what they’re getting into. Keeping out the normies, as it were. They can’t take a punch anyways. There are also a handful of dryads handing out a variety of substances, from Pabst Blue Ribbon to literal Ambrosia, drugs of all sorts although mostly on the softer end. There’s gonna be some trouble making later, you’ll have to be able to walk, after all. The few things that couldn’t be easily be found by Old Pete himself were graciously donated by the Queens Guard, much to the

This is usually the time when things stay happy, because there’s not much alcohol in anyone’s systems. It appears that at least one person doesn’t want to play along. One of the Toms, Grisham’s goons of choice who happen to basically be completely generic white men with clearly demonic auras, seems to want to start something with Murphy before things even get underway. As the Tom squares up , the music stops as Old Pete himself pulls a microphone out of his pants.



“Hey! No, not yet! Come on, we’re not here to fight, we’re here to party! Do a little dance, make a little.. Well, whatever. You want to fight in my bar, you better be loving sloshed! Music back on, and I better see more drinking!”

The squat, older looking gentleman turns off the microphone, shoving it back into his pants where it appears to disappear as he immediately begins dancing to the music.

Murphy

Did you just come here for a party, or were you expecting trouble? Can you tell the Toms apart? Is this professional, demonic or common knowledge? What do you do about what just happened?

Tristan

Are you here as a member of the Guard or just enjoying the evening? You know, outside of what you’re looking into. How well do you know Old Pete? Back to business, have you got any decent idea where to start? What do you do?



Winter Equinox Soiree

Guests are being ushered through the hotel proper to the ballroom as the event begins, mainly to avoid the rabble and the paparazzi. It isn’t a red carpet event, but there’s still a lot of important people coming to a very important event. Most of them don’t know why it’s important. Not that the rest of the world would believe that there’s a ritualistic event that ends with the passing of the seasonal torch from one set of royal faeries to another. Definitely not if you mention demons, wizards and vampires. Luckily, most of the attendees don’t have to worry about being noticed by any of this.

The ballroom, once inside, has pre-assigned seating. Mostly to avoid having to explain to certain members of the community how not to disgust one another just by eating. There have been incidents. Plus, it’s easier to keep people knowing their place if they’re organized in a way to cause as little confusion as possible. There’s logistical concerns, as well. The security forces of the Cartel seem to be organized in a way to focus on the exit and the front of the room. If it wasn’t for some of the demon entourages, it would look downright professional.

Alex

Did you bring your client to the event tonight? Did he bring you? Where did you end up seating-wise? Are you expecting to see your Magister here? What’s the first thing you want to do when you get inside?

Piper

Are you going in as some sort of secret security, or is it pretty obvious you’re his security detail? Where’d he end up, and what’s the worst part about keeping him safe there? What to you do once he gets settled?



Circle of Disputes

Historically, the Circle is not actually a place but an idea. There always needs to be a place to solve one’s problems. It has only gained a physical place with the current Lady of Judgment, who wanted to focus her energies on solving problems rather than having to chase everyone down. She’s turned the former subway platform into a proper social gathering and fight club. Everything’s set up and pre-ritualized as well, since it saves time and makes it a lot easier to clean up any bodies. Speaking of, the Lady of Judgment stands from her makeshift desk and her voice covers the room.



“Are there any more grievances?”

The words themselves make everyone, even those expecting it, at least a little uncomfortable. There’s definitely something supernatural about those words and how they were said. There’s always the murmuring and the scurrying once she stands, mostly by those who don’t want to even accidentally look her in the eyes. Some of them are moving to the makeshift stands and concessions to get properly stocked up for tonight's bloodsport. Heard there was even a battle of wills later on, and those rarely end without something exploding.

“Fine, then let the games begin!”

Fernweh

How well do you know the Lady of Judgment? Did she used to have another title? Do you think the wizard might send people down here? Is there anyone in particular you might be looking for, rather than just hiding down here? You know, for protection or whatever?

Maayo

Is this your first time down here? What do you think of the environment, both as a place of fighting and a court of sorts? What’s the actual plan for recording these things? How are you planning on getting that done?

Nessa

You just found out that you’re fighting second, after a much lesser struggle over a fifty dollar bartab between two hunters, MMA rules for the most part. What sort of rules are you expecting for your fight? What do you know about the Summer fucker in question, if anything? Are you doing anything special to prepare yourself for what’s to come? Is Old Leeroy with you, in the stands?

thelazyblank fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2017 around 21:52

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit -1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5

So I'm orderin' a platter of chicharrónes -- here and now, in this place, you just gotta hope they're made of pork -- when the Lady stands and makes her pronouncement. I get amused looks when I clap a hand over my mouth, but it's from long experience. Sometimes, my mouth says things before my brain thinks 'em, y'know? And the Lady is not the type to appreciate witty repartee. She's the last of the Dísir, or at least the last of the dísir around these parts. The dísir were to valkyries what cavemen were to... regular men, I guess. Primitive. Biblical. loving ancient. Eh, whatevs. At least she lets some decent food vendors in.

I scan the crowd, uninterested in the fighting. Fighting fuckin' bores me. Why can't we settle disputes with, like, rap battles and poo poo? Or Skaldic insult duels. That sounds like my poo poo, the way Dad tells it. . Although, looking at the board, I see that my favorite puppygirl is up for round two. Gotta remember to put some cred on her. No, I'm here on personal business. I get reminded of that fact hardcore when I duck past a vampire (or maybe just a goth) and get a glimpse of glaring red eyes staring at me in the mirrored ebony reflection of his sunglasses. Fuckin' wizards! Putting the evil eye on an honest working girl.

That's ok. I got this. I know I got this, because I spot who I'm lookin' for at her usual table right up front. I plop myself down in it uninvited and put the plate of fried pork fat in front of her. The old lady gives me a filthy, broken-toothed grin.



"Annie Greengums," I say. "How's the Hag of the Hudson this fine night? Y'know, that's a real nice skin-suit you got on. Care for a bit of crunchy protein?" This bit of pleasntness out of the way, I start right in: Annie is a proper monster, a doyenne of the old school, and respects bluntness and honesty and carb-free snacks. "I got a problem that you might be able to solve."

quote:

Hit the Streets: rolling +Tribunal looking for a hexbreaker
@Fernweh (OKShark): 2d6+1 = (6+1)+1 = 8
choose Juggling their own problems

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at Nov 29, 2017 around 22:26

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's


Say what you will about Old Pete but he just saved me a world of trouble. I would much rather dance and get sloshed than deal with Grisham and his toms. I nod at the one I think pelted in the back of the head, tipping the imaginary trilby that all toms wear. Hell you almost couldn't tell the difference between toms if they didn't wear different hats. I think the one with the red in his hat knocked me over. Jerk. Sometimes I miss having my shotgun and being able to blast him with a beanbag round. I figure Grisham wouldn't just shoot me, maybe just a light beating? Err medium beating. I mean Grisham and I are kind of friends? We have worked in the past before.



A small part of me, the sane part of me, yells incrediously as I think this. Part of the norm of working for the Cartel is "Light beatings" is to be expected, and it might be a good day if that's all you get. Fortunately I have gotten use to ignoring the small part of my brain that is called my conscience/common sense.



I walk up Grisham, surveying the scene as I make my way to him and his toms. Old Pete continues to dance to the korean k-pop song and I wish I could be that happy. Old Pete is an odd satyr, his jolly demeanor and friendly gab could land him in the movies if he tried. Way too happy to not arouse suspicion. A few ogres are arm wrestling in the corner, the old oak table straining under their weight. One of them chuckles and slams her head into her opponent for an unfair advantage. The smell of cigarette smoke drowns out most of the pungent brews, but the sweet smell of ambrosia manages to sneak through. Seeing nobody else that wants to throttle me I approach Grisham and his toms at the bar.

"Grisham. Why are you picking a fight with me now of all times? You know Old Pete was gonna break it up.."

I place my hands on the bar and motion for the barkeep to pass me a tall cold one. The barkeep rubs his fingers together, reminding me of my tab. poo poo.



OOC posted:


Murphy is gonna try and figure Grisham out. It is up to you what faction Grisham belongs too!

SidekickBOT-Today at 7:33 PM

@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6-1 = (2+6)-1 = 7

Figure Someone out
On a hit, hold 2. On a 7-9, they hold 1 on you as well. While you’re interacting with them, spend your hold 1-for-1 to ask their player a question: If you’re in their Faction, ask an additional question, even on a miss.



How could I get your character to back off, at least for a little while?
What's your character hoping to get from picking a fight with Murphy at Old pete's?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption 0/5 || Location: Circle of Disputes

These kinds of duels, the ones who are serious but not 'someone's gotta die over this' serious, usually go on until one of the two surrenders. The champions are expected to surrender before they're mortally wounded, no one would participate if that weren't the case, but surrender too early and you look like a chump, not to mention that the person you're championing for isn't going to be all that grateful that you threw them under the bus to save your skin after you promised to do the opposite.

I take several deep breaths. I can feel the change coming, and it's important to be stable when it comes; not to let the animal insticts override me.

I shoot a glare at the people in the first row. There, I can see Old Leeroy, leaning over the metal fence separating the stands from the arena. He looks...slightly bemused? Whatever, old man. I'm not doing this because I like you. I need favors, and allies, and you're like the friendly grandpa of the whole fuckin' Queensguard. I... no, keep calm. It's not the time for the Mutt yet. Keep it cool.



Ah, there they are, at a reasonable distance from Leeroy, pretending to look impassively at the spectable before them. The Earl of Whispered Promises, in all their fanciness. Wonder who this joker got for a champion? A goblin? A troll, maybe?

Doesn't matter. Night's coming fast, and I can't hold off the change much longer. Time to just step in the arena and

Loud. Bright. People all around, looking at me, watching me. But it's good. They should watch, they should look.

Growl. Paw at the ground, sniff. Blood, old and new; fear and rage and the dizzying high of triumph. I know these smells.

Growl again. Where is my enemy? Not here. Was supposed to be here. Skulk around the edge of the arena, look up. There. Earl knows where my enemy is. Bark at them. Ah! They flinch! They are prey. Enemy is not prey; where is enemy? Howl in frustration and challenge. They can't be far. I can smell them.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Dec 1, 2017 around 09:00

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

As much as it would have been my preference to leave Leonard in an impenetrable array of wards, spell formations, and within an isolated plane of existence, I must, unfortunately, admit that I am attending the function tonight with him. The Soiree is already one of my least favorite of the Lighthouse's... strongly encouraged social events. But, being as I'm both on thin ice with certain wizards in good standing and also trying to prevent one of the founder's idiotic scions from getting abducted by one of the seasonal courts for his poor choice in writing material, it's particularly unpleasant this year. The sole saving grace is that my status as Leonard's plus-one has saved me from a night of sitting with stuffy, hidebound old men who don't understand the first thing about magical innovation and treat it as if its some sort of heresy. Instead, I'm to be sitting at a table of mortals. Artistic types, if I understood Leonard's hurried explanations in the car.

I can't imagine my Magister would miss the event. Despite my... disregard for some of the Lighthouse's more formal approaches to magic, he is quite well regarded within the organization. He'll probably be sitting up near the leadership and other important persons of the city. Will I actually interact with him tonight? ...Perhaps. I'd imagine that will depend on how poorly everything goes. If there's nothing but interminable small-talk and socializing, likely not.

Once I get inside... Hm. I suppose I'll need to work on — ugh — talking with some of the fae that my ward seems to have enraged. I'm sure I can get him out of my life by providing a protective talisman, but it will likely require items of personal import from the Summer and Winter courts at least. I'll likely want to get something from the Spring and Fall courts as well, just to be safe. I should also take a quick look at the table before Leonard decides to sit down on something that turns out to be a one-way passage to the Fae realm. You wouldn't think that they'd be bold enough to strike in such a public way, particularly at the Soiree, but his script is, apparently, the single most offensive account any mortal has ever penned.

I realize, suddenly, that Leonard has been babbling about something while I was busy thinking of ways to save his life. It looks like it's almost our turn to be seated. I give him a long-suffering look and say, "I'm sorry, I must have been distracted. What were you talking about?

Tricky fucked around with this message at Nov 30, 2017 around 02:45

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

I wish I could be more open about being Alistair's bodyguard, but noooo, he insisted that it'd be better if I was some sort of secret security detail instead, which means I, unfortunately, have to act as his date tonight, which means I have to pretend like I'm actually interested in him. Ugh. And the worst part? The worst part about all of this is that I have to wear a dress. I hate dresses. They're too hard to fight in. I could be wearing a suit, but I guess I'm stuck wearing this expensive, white dress Alistair gave me instead.

God, and why does he have to be to so difficult? He keeps ignoring everything I have to say, and he keeps wondering off on his own. It's like he doesn't want me to protect him. This should be an easy job, but Alistair's doing everything he can to make it anything but.

We were both seated somewhere along the middle row of the seats. I'd love to drown myself in alcohol right now to make the night pass by faster, but I can't. As much as I'm regretting taking this job now, I still have to make sure I keep him safe, which means I need to keep my senses sharp just in case anything happens. I pretend to be interested in whatever he's saying, nodding while he's talking, while my eyes carefully scan the ballroom around us, watching out for any potential danger. I spot Alex, and it looks like I'm not the only one who's having a difficult time tonight. I give her a small wave, and briefly give her a sympathetic look, before I go back to pretending to be Alistair's date.

Well, at least the food is nice, I guess.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2017 around 21:21

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's

I've been coming to Old Pete's shindigs for an awful long time now. I wouldn't say we were close, but he'd be sure to recognize me. And nothing official about my appearance tonight.

Anyway, I'm here looking for a fae crown, stolen from the Cockroach King. It wasn't his, but since it was thrown away by some fae lord back when it was unfashionable to go about with noble trapping, the Cockroach King claimed it as his by right. Which made its disappearance from his horde all the more upsetting. I got roped in because most fae are still a little weird about nobility, and as a disinterested 3rd party, I'd just get the crown back, no questions back.

My theory is that whoever originally got rid of it wanted it back and wasn't in the mood to ask nicely.

As I nurse my drink, I take a look around for Malcom. He's a boozy diviner with the Lighthouse and should be able to figure out who has it without too much work on my part. With any luck, I should be done before the third round of drinks!

Got a 3 on hitting the streets for the lighthouse. Great start to the night!

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0, Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Circle of Disputes

I swear I've been down here before, maybe a couple of months ago, doing some urban exploration and shooting B-roll for goth music videos or something. My roommates eat that poo poo up. I've never seen this area so lit up and alive, though. And there's no way that ring was brought in recently; it looks like a permanent fixture, but it wasn't there when I was down here last.

God, the air down here is electric. This is the best organized and most literally underground fight I've been to. I mean, it's no Ceasar's Palace or whatever, but it's a hell of a lot swankier than a bunch of prep school dropouts slapping each other in the basement of their parents' McMansion.

I've got a cheap point-and-shoot that I've crammed into an Altoids tin. Gets past security in most places, and it's not a huge loss if it doesn’t because I can usually just fall back to my phone. It's not going to be the best footage, and I'll only be able to sneak a few clips here and there unless I can set up in a secluded corner. I've got to scope out the room, keep an eye out for security, and see if I can find out who's who, while I'm at it, but above all else, I'm making sure I have a clear line to the exit if I get caught.

quote:

Maayo (cloneboy) - Today at 5:29 PM
Snooping around the Circle of Disputes
/roll 2d6+1
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:29 PM
@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+1 = (5+1)+1 = 7

cloneboy fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2017 around 00:45

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!




Circle of Disputes

The fight happening in the middle of everything goes to a second round with the expected cheers and jeers one expects. It’s not a technical fight, but it’s getting the two to settle what they’ve got going on. There’s a few splatterings of spit and blood as the two young men fight in the middle of the ring, some of which land right in the middle of the delicious chicharrónes. This doesn’t seem to affect anyone unusually, especially not as the Hag picks specifically the one with the blood on it and sticks it into her mouth.

The flinching Earl straightens himself up despite the half-second of surprise at the barking from below. As if on queue, a hulking man without a shirt on, his hands already taped and ready to go walks over to the Earl, whispering to him.



At about this time, the bald one in the ring takes a vicious knee to the head and goes down to the wild cheering of the crowd.

Fenweh

“Greengums is fine. Thanks for the treat. Spit it out.” She doesn’t wait for you to react, trampling through the rest. Rude. “What do you want? It better not be something complicated. I have enough going on. Very important going ons. Maybe trade you problems, you look like you’d be good on a search. Better than the Hag who’s skin may be falling off tonight. Out with it!”

Do you bother asking for details? She’s old faerie, which means she’ll take nearly anything that sounds like it as an agreement to help. Of course, then she’d be bound to help you if you succeed. What do you do?

Nessa

Have you ever seen that man before? You can tell he’s not human, not a normal human anyways. You can see that plainly enough. Did you bring any cold iron with you, or did you agree to no weapons?

You hear the Lady of Judgement speak, at a volume over the crowd that would suggest an amazing sound system. “The next fight, a more serious affair! Please, champions, take your place in the ring!”

What do you do?

OOC posted:

If you want to roll Name to a Face, it’d be +Tribunal.

Maayo

These are some great shots so far. Relatively speaking, of course. Do you even know if there’s a rule about recording what’s going on down here, or is it just generally frowned upon? How much time do you spend in the sewers, and are they really distinct? Do you know anything about faerie magic that would explain this place being here but also not being here?

As far as the exits go, there’s the main entrance and exit, covered by two ogres. They look like they might punch first, then ask questions when you’re unconscious. There’s also a rusted open sewer gating, probably just big enough for a relatively small humanoid.

Speaking of ogres, there’s a really large.. Not an ogre, but definitely not a human, lumbering around seemingly unable to stop blocking your view to the fights. Was there a certain amount of footage that the Cockroach King wanted, any particular fights, or just wanted some for fun?



Revelry

Despite the recent shouting and shoving, things seem to have settled back into the pattern of fun that was around before Murphy’s face made an accidental request from the jukebox. Grisham holds back the Tom in question, the other two Toms also getting in the way as the group wanders towards the bar.

Unusually, Old Pete himself seems to be looking around the crowd, looking around for something or someone. He runs into Tristan, putting his hands in the air, his face looking a little more relieved.

Murphy

The Toms settle themselves on the other side of the bar and Grisham tries to get in the way so you don’t look at them. “Look, I’m pretty sure he’s just got a bit of pent-up something. You did break his neck, as must as that matters to him. Hurt for like an hour. He’s just getting one back.” You can tell he’s hiding something, but not much. Seems he was hoping you’d fight back right away and cause some trouble to you personally. He just wants you out of the picture for the near future, and fighting in Old Pete’s seems like the best way to get you to hide your head for a few.

“So, you’re just enjoying a night out, right? No business talk? I’m trying to get a line on the Mutt’s territory, and you might know something. Know nothing’s for free.”

The bartender interrupts, looking between the two of you. “Speaking of, who’s paying for what, here? This isn’t a social club.”

OOC posted:

Mechanically, spending 1 hold and asking “How could I get your character to help me dig up info on Nessa’s territory?”

Tristan

“Tristan! Old buddy! Look, gotta problem only you can help me with!” Old Pete calms down for a second, correcting himself. “Well, okay, lots of people could help me with the problem, but you’re right here. You known Malcolm Reed? He’s not here. Which normally wouldn’t be surprising, because he drinks whenever and does whatever, but he said he’d be here. Like, an hour ago. That he said it, not that he’d be here. Know where he might be?”

Well, this might be a problem. Do you have any ideas where he might be? While he’s notorious for being out in his own world whenever he can be, he’s generally the sort that shows up where he says he will. Do you have his phone number, or is he more of an acquaintance? What do you do?



Soiree

The evening is going by as socially acceptable as possible for an evening with the Faeries Courts, the higher ups of the Cartel and the Lighthouse can. There’s enough questionable food around that everyone but the Spring fae seem to be wary of not accidentally letting food spread and mix. Things are as calm as they can be, given that there’s no less than two people who have grudges with people at the very same party. We are still only at the dirty looks phase of the evening, and there hasn’t been any violence at a Soiree in years.

The security seems well connected with one another, talking between themselves as things get moving. And they are talking a lot. Nothing else obvious is going on in the scenery.

Alex

Leonard continues without a bit of offense, but you can’t tell if it’s a politeness thing or if he knows you’re uncomfortable. Part of the problem with being detached, I’d assume? “What I was saying is that all of my writings are metaphorical in nature! It isn’t about the actual people involved, they only represent the truth behind what we have, as a living spirit.”

The rest of the soon to be seated group nods intellectually, either in agreement or in quiet pacification of Leonard. Do you actually know anyone else at the table as your group gets seated? Do you want actually care? Leonard holds the chair for you to sit.

You see Piper across the room, wearing a dress that you know isn’t hers. Are you in a similar situation or do you have a go-to for Lighthouse events? Do you see anyone in particular else you wanted to see for the job?

Piper

“And then he says, what do you mean, that’s no newt!” The words coming out are luckily not from Alistair himself, but from his uncle Francis. Also known as Francis the Artificer for his skills or Francis the Clown for his sense of humor. Still, it’s a polite dinner party, so everyone is giving his attempts a polite chuckle until the alcohol kicks in. Alistair takes the lead in the conversation, making sure to introduce you.

“Everyone. Francis. I didn’t want to interrupt, but I don’t know if you’ve met my date.” He says casually, with the subtlety of a brick. “Piper Steele. Piper, you’ve met Francis, but these are my siblings Meridith and Tobias.” Both of them are polite, but firmly not interested in anything but introductions and small-talk. The two siblings look very much like they're going to a Fortune 500 board meeting, compared to Alistair who looks like he's trying to ride the wave of being hip and Francis who looks like someone ran over a college professor with an accessory rack.

How well is the Steele family known in New York City? For their work? What do you know about Alistair’s family? Do you think they could have sent the letters? Have you actually seen the threats?

OOC posted:

ALL PLAYERS
I've only used pictures on characters that I have a good idea on. If you have ideas, please feel free to post them. We can track them on the Spreadsheet. Also, if I've missed anything vital, please let me know. There are always going to be lots of words going back and forth, so I want to try to stay on top of things.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5

I push the blood-spattered pork rinds towards the hag and scoot my seat a little further from the ring.

Hnnnh. Food for thought. The Hag O' the Hudson's been around as long as it's been called the Hudson, if not longer. She's solid. Pillar of the community, or would be if we fae had pillars or communities. I mean, yeah, she eats humans and wears their skin to walk the night, but only if they're already drownin' in her river. That's basically ethical, right? All you gotta do to avoid the Hag's wrath is stay out of the fuckin' river. Anyway, I've worked for her before, and tit for tat's what I came here to get. I could formalize the deal -- nail down all the details and curlicues. That's what I'd do if she were one of those wriggly Summer or Winter bastards. But with someone like the Hag, that'd be a bit insultin'. Of course, so would just blindly agreein' sight unseen, like a blind chump or a human.

I'll be sneaky. She understands sneaky.

I grin: you can't help grinnin' in the presence of Annie Greengums, if only to make sure you still got yer teeth after seein' her horror show of a mouth. "Well, Annie, I'd like to help you find your thing, buuuuuut, I ain't sure I'd be much help right now. See, this bastard of a wizard put the evil eye on me, and he's been spying on me all night. Y'know what perverts those wizards are. So as it is, it's all I can do to hide in neutral territory and hope it goes away. I was going to ask you if you could do anything about it, since you're the most powerful hag in the city. If you could see clear to gettin' rid of the 'fluence first, I might be able to find what you're lookin' for...." I trail off meaningfully.

quote:

Persuade an npc
/r 2d6+2
@Fernweh (OKShark): 2d6+2 = (3+6)+2 = 11

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's

I've already gone through a few whiskey shots (what kind of bartender would I be if I couldn't hold my liquor?) by the time Old Pete shows up, and by the time he lays it out, I'm already mentally sighing. I had to get cocky, didn't I? Sure this will be an easy job...

If he shows up.

I down another shot and say back to Old Pete, "Well, since we go way back, Ol' Pete, I'll go take a look around for him. Don't have too much fun while I'm gone." I turn the shotglass over and slam it down on the bar, then stand up to leave.

I move through the press of people until I'm outside. Now, lets see what's keeping him. I take in a deep breath, searching, reaching out for life and blood. Hopefully, he's close by. That'll make this easier.

Failed the roll to Let It Out. Really starting the game off strong

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

I make a vaguely agreeing sound as the rest of the group laps up his bullshit. I'm not terribly concerned as to whether he's as much of a self-absorbed ego freak as I figured him for or if he's being vaguely accommodating of my... foibles. Whatever. He's a job, I'm on the clock. He has all these hangers-on to stroke his ego and I'll be fine keeping him free of any faerie entanglements. Speaking of which, I still need to get my hands on some items of import from the courts. I suppose I could work on that another time, but wouldn't it be such an elegant solution to my problems? I could go socialize with people who are at least marginally capable of intelligent conversation and put this guard job even closer to being over and done with.

I do let him do his chivalry... thing... and sit down without complaint. Small talk continues around me for a few moments while I tap out a quick message to one of my contacts on the Tribunal side of things. Carita was a handmaiden — though I wouldn't use the term to her face — in the Autumn court. She wasn't quite as fanciful as most of the seasonal fae tended to be and, more pertinently, she had quite a tidy business in acquiring fae items from their owners and distributing them to a more appreciative customer. If there was any chance of getting the items without — ugh — talking to faerie royalty, it was through her.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Sunday at 2:16 PM
@Alex Reid (Tricky): 2d6+1 Hitting the streets to find a Tribunal contact at the party = (6+4)+1 = 11

Carita is available and has the stuff.

My phone buzzes immediately after. Excellent. It sounds like she's as sick of this nonsense as I am and can meet immediately. She suggests a bathroom firmly on the Fae side of the hall, I counter with one on the mundane side. We eventually agree on the one closest to my table. Stuffing my phone back into my purse, I say, "I'll be right back." I lean in towards Leonard's ear and add, "Important lead on a more permanent solution to your problem. Don't eat or drink anything until I get back. That might prove a one-way trip into the Hedge."

With that, I get up and head to the bathroom.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

"H-hey, it's nice to, uh, meet you both?" I awkwardly wave at Alistair's disinterested siblings. Aside from Francis, I don't really know that much about Alistair's family. Francis was an old friend of my dad's, and I'd remember he'd come over to the house a lot to drink some tea and swap long-winded stories with my dad. He's a sweet guy, and it was nice catching up with him, but god do his stories and 'jokes' go on for way too long.

Actually, not that I think about it, my dad's got a lot of old friends, and enemies. He's pretty well known in the supernatural community for all the hard work he put into protecting this city, and some even go as far as to call him a modern day knight. It's always weird hearing people talk about him. I knew about my dad's job, but I always saw him as a dorky old man who tells way too many lame jokes, but others see him as like, this legendary figure. I'm not even sure if I even believe most of the stories they tell about him.

...Still, I'm not sure if I can even live up to the legacy he left behind. A lot of people are expecting a lot out of me, being his daughter and all, and I'm... not sure if I can live up to all those expectations.

Ugh. Something better happen soon, because I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I've been keeping careful watch, and I haven't seen signs of [i]any
kind of threat. I swear, if Alistair was making this all up just so he could have an excuse to have me as his date, he and I are going to have a very, very, [i]very
long talk after all this over.

God, I need a break. Just a few minutes to myself, "Excuse me," I say, standing up from my chair, "I, uh, need to.... use the lady's room for a bit. I'll be right back!" I walk away as quickly as I possibly could. I'm sure he'll be fine without me for a few minutes.

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's, the Revelry

“So, you’re just enjoying a night out, right? No business talk? I’m trying to get a line on the Mutt’s territory, and you might know something. Know nothing’s for free.”

Great. just great. Grisham wants information on Nessa's territory and he wouldn't mind if I was conveniently out of the picture. That means this is Cartel business and that means Nessa is in trouble.

I was about to tell Grisham where exactly he could stuff it when the bartender interrupted us, or well interrupted me with a glare.

"Speaking of, who's paying for what, here? This isn't a social club."

My stomach growled and my throat seemed awfully dry. As mugs of one of Old Pete's custom brews were passed around I got even thirstier. I looked up at Grisham and sighed, I wasn't about to wage a war on an empty stomach. I handed the bartender my last $20 , my wallet uncomfortably empty, and ordered a beer and a steak sandwich.

We exchanged pleasantries and false promises of not harming one another, as was the custom when dealing with other members of the cartel. We asked how the day at the office was, how we thought of the current low-level nobodies that probably wouldn't survive to see tomorrow. In short, we bullshitted until dinner came and we could get down to business.

===

"I'm not here on business, I'm here looking for a friend." I stressed the last word as I casually glanced around the bar. It was too easy to hope that the tooth fairy would be here. What was more distressing is I wasn't seeing any of her friends around either. I saw Tristan head out too, drat, there went another lead. I looked up to see Grisham looking at me, his eyebrows raised and his demeanour smug.

"What!" I said between mouthfuls of steak sandwich. drat, it had been a while since I had food this good. "I have friends! Or well. people who don't want to kill me." Ouch, let's wash the sense of loneliness this conversation was generating with a swig of beer.

Grisham merely grunted and went to town on his food. In between calculated cuts with his knife he mentioned "So, how about you and I share some information?"

The only thing I wanted to share with Grisham was my boot and his rear end, but I didn't exactly have any leads. Besides, Nessa was a big girl. She could take care of herself, right? Oh, I could call her after this.

"Allright. I'm looking for the tooth fairy. She's gone missing and I'm concerned for her. I can't find any of her friends either, thought for sure they would be here. If you have any good solid leads I'll trade. But you have to tell me what your information is for, shes Cartel. We have rules around these kinds of things"


OOC posted:


"How could I get your character to gelp me dig up info on Nessa's territory?"
Answer: Give murphy a solid lead on the missing tooth fairy and also answer WHY you are interested in her territory.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0, Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Circle of Disputes

I tend to try to keep my urbex adventures above ground, but I started delving into the underground chasing a story about New York's legendary "mole people." I found that there's nothing inherently supernatural about the people down there, but a lot of them do get assistance from and pay tribute to the Unclean Court; securing safe passage, moving supplies around, and the like.

Princess Fernweh sort of explained how this stuff works, but I couldn't totally wrap my head around it. From what I recall, since this place is abandoned, it should fall under the purview of the Unclean Court, but it must at least partially manifest as part of our world, since I was able to find it. Or maybe because I found it, the space can exist as a sort of in-between. I'm guessing most of the furnishings here have been phase-shifted in or whatever the the technical magical term is because bringing it all down here by normal means would've caught some attention.

As far as recording goes, I did a bit of homework, and it seems like attitudes are mixed. Lots of folks in the Winter Court think there should be a definitive record to ensure proper arbitration of these disputes is enforced, while the majority of the Summer Court thinks disputes settled in the Circle should be effectively buried, as if the dispute never took place to begin with. Maybe the Summer Court settled that dispute in the Circle some time ago because no one else seems to be recording.

These clips are great, and I'm confident I can get more throughout the night, but the Cockroach King really wanted to get most, if not all of Nessa's fight, and I found a good spot to set up in if it weren't for this big bastard that's been getting in my way whole night. I swear he's doing it on purpose. Maybe I can get him to stay out of my way if I buy him some of those chicharrón.

quote:

Maayo (cloneboy)-Today at 11:57 PM
Did my homework to put a name to a face /r 2d6+1
/roll 2d6+1
SidekickBOT-Today at 11:59 PM
@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+1 = (3+4)+1 = 8




gently caress. I know this guy. Troll by the name of Kazco. An up-and-comer in the Cartel trying to prove himself by making inroads on Nessa's turf. From what I can tell, he's responsible for the developing drug problem in the region. That troll that Murphy chucked over a bridge on my behalf is part of that crew, but I'm pretty sure he kept his mouth shut about that incident to save face.

I don't think Kazco knows me by sight, but I'm sure he knows me by reputation by now, so I'm gonna play it safe and hope the Cockroach King will be satisfied by a clip show.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*




Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption 0/5 || Location: Circle of Disputes

It's hard to remember what the daylight form has heard of but not directly witnessed.

That's... that's a warrior from the Fall court. An old one. What was his name again? He has... He has almost killed another Cartel wolf not two weeks ago, werewolf regeneration a day all...

Snarl. Take my place at one side of the arena, wait for him to come. I understand the important part. This is a dangerous opponent. Must be ready to pounce, ready to dodge to the side, ready.

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!




Revelry

The party continues with only a single interruption. A voice overpowers all the music, surprisingly pleasant for the sheer presence of the voice. “The wassailing will begin in thirty minutes. Please take care to have your human guises on if you leave the bar. We don’t want a repeat of last year’s events, despite how much fun some of you think it is to put a policeman in the trunk of his own car. Thank you.”

The voice fades away back into the music seamlessly

Tristan

“Thanks, buddy! Look, I’m going to need to help a guy not projectile vomit after he’s done some real absinthe from the faerie side of things, but after that, I’ll check in.” Old Pete walks away like this is a completely normal event, with what seems to be a joyful look on his face.

For a vampire, how easy was it to find the dribble of still-wet blood about a block down? Does wet blood remind you of food, or have you outgrown that phase? What about a smudged bloody footprint? What’s the footprint look like?

Do you want to follow the blood? As you try to focus on the path, you do notice the amount of blood is increasing, leading towards a manhole cover and then stopping. Probably going underground. A living thing would not be in very good shape losing as much blood as you’ve seen right now.

Speaking of, when’s the last time you ate? Do you remember? Are you suddenly more worried about it? What do you do now?

OOC posted:

If Tristan has eaten, take -1 forward and 1 corruption just to focus on getting over the blood. If Tristan hasn’t eaten, take -1 ongoing on any social interactions until he’s eaten.

Murphy

Grisham spittakes when you mention the Tooth Fairy. “..-The- Tooth Fairy? What the gently caress would I know about the.. You’re serious, aren’t you? I just found out a few months ago we even had a proper Tooth Fairy in the city.”

You can’t tell if he’s stonewalling you or not, but he seems suddenly a lot less interested in talking. More focusing on enjoying his beer. Possibly on not laughing. “If I hear anything, I guess I’ll give you a call? gently caress. The tooth fairy?”

That was a whole lot of nothing. So far, at least. Plus, you’re still pretty sure he had that Tom push you into the jukebox. Still, did you know if the Tooth Fairy was supposed to be here? Know who to ask about people being missing? What do you do?



Soiree

The continued polite chatter of polite high society continues and fades a bit once you’re into the hallway leading to the bathroom. It has an extra security guard, although this one looks like he’s a rookie at this sort of thing. He may be from the hotel. That shouldn’t be a problem.

Alex

Carita is standing in the bathroom, looking slightly curiously at you as you step inside. She’s dressed in a dark orange-red power suit, and has an attache case with her. You notice that there’s an aura of magical energy coming from it.

“You don’t seem like the dating sort, Alex. Was there anything specific you wanted? How did you want to pay? Your credit is clean, and it’s always good to have the fateless one on the books.”

She’s somehow slipping in the bare minimum of asking about your current situation. Is that unusual? Do you have any specific items you’re looking for, or still trying to find good candidates? What do you do when Piper comes into the restroom after a brief pause?

Piper

Did you mean to interrupt whatever was going on in this particular restroom, or was it just a coincidence? Either way, the woman in the suit is giving you a dirty look, as if trying to convince you to leave. Do you know the woman?

Alex is there too. The two look like they were trying to do something before you entered. Do you care what it is? Do you think it will help?

What do you do?



Circle of Disputes

The participants in the next fight are not even announced,led to the ring by a few of the faerie entourage of the Lady of Judgement. Unusually, the Lady of Judgement stands up, starting to speak over the entire room again.

“For the conflict between our dear old friend Old Leeroy and the Earl of Whispered Promises, they’ve chosen two brave champions.”

A loud gong sounds, despite there being no such gong. The ring seems to stretch a bit to realign with the two heavy hitters. The crowd gives a cheer as things begin.

Nessa

Old Leeroy says one last thing as you pass by him. “Good luck. That’s what mortals say. Don’t know if you need it.” He seems calm, almost certain about what is going to happen. Once the ring re-adjusts, Einar salutes you from across the ring, crouching down into a modern boxing stance as he carefully moves in.

Do you put much thought into Leeroy’s pep talk? How do you want to approach the fight? What do you do?

OOC posted:

Unlike a normal Unleash, given that this is two fighters in a ring with a crowd around, go ahead and describe the move as more of a back-and-forth. The mechanics won’t change.

Fernweh

“Twenty-four hours, then. You will be hidden from magic and other sympathetic tracking. Complete the task, you will be all but invisible to your hunters for as long as you want. You see the troll there? His name is Kazco.” The Hag doesn’t stop to let Fernweh look, continuing quickly. “He has an infestation in one of his underground facilities. Don’t ask too many questions, fix his problems, I’ll fix yours.”

She drops a small pouch on the table. It smells real bad, like some sort of cleaning solution mixed with foul herbs. “Any questions?”

Maayo

Kazco continues to shift around in front of you, but then he turns around from the fight for a second. “You okay? I can hear you movin’ around. Not making me comfortable.” His fist in his opposite hand, his knuckles cracking loudly over the sounds of the fight and the crowd. It’s unnerving, to say the least.

“Stop.”

What do you do?

thelazyblank fucked around with this message at Dec 11, 2017 around 20:08

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's


And with a final cackle aimed at yours truly, the one lead I had is gone up in smoke. Grisham might be an rear end in a top hat but he's good with tech and deals with information. It's probably all an act but I can't be too sure, he might be smart but he is still getting used to the supernatural world.



I sigh and leave the table, Grisham still cackling into his beer. Great, just great. My face hurts, I have no leads and I have no idea what I'm doing. Just add in some trouble and it'll be a typical day. I guess it was too much to ask for the missing tooth fairy to just be on a week long bender and show up randomly at Old Pete's eh? Yeah too much to ask.



A voice yells over the music, this time some pop-rock song from some wanna be teen singer. "The wassailing will begin in thirty minutes."



I eye a banshee that seems to be all to eager to start singing and decided it's best to make a hasty exit. I check one more time for any of the tooth-fairy's friends and then head out.



===



The streets of New York are snowing and its cold out. I hold my leather jacket close to me and walk briskly towards a food cart and order a philly cheese steak. There goes the last of that $20 I had. Broke and no leads, I would need either a miracle (HAH) or magic to get something done for my missing friend. Fortunately in this city magic is high in supply, just have to pay the right price. I know a guy, weird oracle that has a penchant for philly cheese steaks. With the latter in my hand I go out to visit him, last I heard he was going to be busy with some kind of Soiree.



OOC posted:

Answer to questions:
Tooth fairy is missing, so she wasn't going to be here. Murphy was hoping to find some of the Tooth Fairy's friends.


Hitting the streets to go find Jim Valestein, the oracle who loves Philly Cheesesteaks. A member of the esteemed valesteing family he is one of the more mellow family members. Only occasionally brags about his family members. Jim is a member of the Lighthouse



@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6-1 Hitting the streets to find Jim, the oracle who loves cheese steaks = (3+3)-1 = 5

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)

I stand there for a long second, looking at the splash of blood. Normally, I wouldn't give it much thought, but it's been a few days since I fed. I'd planned on getting something after I took care of running down leads for the Cockroach King, but it seems like things didn't shake out that way.

Tristan hasn’t eaten, so he has -1 ongoing on any social interactions until he’s eaten.

Still, if something had jumped Malcom on his way here, it probably wasn't looking for snooping vampires to drop in, and between my hunger and irritation with having to jump through all these hoops for what was supposed to be a simple request, I wasn't in the mood to sleep off a beating.

Especially if there was a good chance he was already dead.

So, I pulled out my phone and shot Murphy. She's usually good for cracking some heads together.

Text to Murphy posted:

Hey, Murphy. Saw you at the Revele, so I'm calling in part of your tab. Need someone to watch my back while I'm looking for a wizard who's in over his head. Got a pretty good idea where he is, but it looks like it's going to be rough. Still, shouldn't take long.

Calling in a debt with Murphy for muscle, so I'm marking Cartel.
Also, since Old Pete asked me for help, he's now In My Web

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption 0/5 || Location: Circle of Disputes


Old Leeroy says one last thing as you pass by him. “Good luck. That’s what mortals say. Don’t know if you need it.” He seems calm, almost certain about what is going to happen. Once the ring re-adjusts, Einar salutes you from across the ring, crouching down into a modern boxing stance as he carefully moves in.

Do you put much thought into Leeroy’s pep talk? How do you want to approach the fight? What do you do?

Twitch of the ear as I hear what Leeroy says. Can't think of that right now. The woman will think later.

Position myself in front of Einar. Wait for the signal. See him salute.


I have to salute as well.

Why.

Look, I'm already at risk of pissing off people by meddling in this stuff. I don't want to piss off yet another group of power hungry assholes because I didn't respect their champion properly.

Rrrgh. Sit. Nod at Einar.

Well, I guess that's as much as you can ask out of someone with no hands. Back to business.

Circle him. He circles with me, in the opposite direction, to avoid offering me a flank. His fists are raised, poised to strike. It's a trick. He wouldn't be able to easily reach me with those hands of his. It's the legs that worry; perfect height to break teeth.

He makes the first move; hands together like a mallet, crashing down on me. It's a trick. Keep my eyes on his legs as he prepares to strike me; dodge to the side as the trunk of muscles flies past me. Teeth find his overextended leg. The blood tastes like warmth and metal and...spices? Shake the head, as if to break the neck of a captured rat; tear the flesh.


quote:

Got a 7 on my Unleash roll, I choose to inflict terrible harm (which should be 3 because teeth) and he inflicts harm on me. Luckily I have armor 2 when transformed! And I doubt his fists are made of silver.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Dec 14, 2017 around 11:35

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Driving en route to Tristan


My old Subaru growls to life and just as I am about to drive off to the Soiree my phone goes off. I look down and see Tristan texting me, needing help. Hmm, this could work out great actually. I owe Tristan, help him out and maybe even find out where the tooth fairy went. Yeah, yeah that could work. A soiree is less my style and Tristan is an old vampire. One of those ancient guys with class. I figure we will start hunting at an old pub or something ancient and mysterious.



I get into my subaru, place the philly cheesteak in my glove compartment and pull out my phone. I txt Tristan an affirmative and ask him where we are meeting up.


Besides, how bad a place can a wizard be if they are hiding?

OOC posted:

Murphy will help out tristan, but still got that miss on hitting the streets so hopefully I make it? I'm going to mark Queen's Guard for fulfilling a debt

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5

I lick my lips. A twenty four hour advance payment? That's better than I'd hoped for. There's a barb in this deal, but I can worry about it tomorrow. I glance over at the Troll -- Yeah, Kazco, I recognize -- is that Maayo? Dumbass normie's going to get himself murdered! Oh poo poo, but if I save him, he'll have to help me -- then I turn back to the hag. " reach for the cup. "Two questions: An infestation of what, and does this protection protect from all seeking magic? Like, what's the limitations I have to work with here?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

I laugh humorlessly and say, "Him? He's a job. Speaking of... Word is that you can get just about anything, Carita. What sort of personal bric-à-brac can you source me from Fae royalty? I need Summer and Winter, at least, but all four seasons would be ideal. Payment in pending favors or services rendered is preferred, but I can be flexible if you have something in mind."

It would be ideal to get something of real personal power and import, maybe a token of a lost love or the metaphorical Key to their realm. I can be flexible, though, and cannot hope for too much. The door opens. Alex. Hm. It might be a bit of a problem for my clandestine dealings, but she may prove quite useful if a move is made tonight on Leonard.

I look between Carita and her and say, "Can you give me a moment? I have something to ask you after I finish this conversation."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

Oh. Well. This is a little awkward. It looks like Alex and that other lady were having a conversation, a conversation I probably shouldn't be involved in, judging by that incredibly nasty look she's giving now. "Uh, yea, sure, I'll just..." I say to Alex, as I awkwardly shuffle back, "I'll just... be waiting outside then, I guess." I make my exit, and wait outside, by the bathroom door. No idea what Alex wants to talk to me about, but it probably beats spending more time with Alistair.

...I just hope Alex doesn't take long, because I'm feeling really silly now standing next to the bathroom like this. I'd be messing around with my smartphone right now to pass the time... if I could actually afford one. I still have one of those old flip-phones. Look, the whole monster hunting gig doesn't exactly pay all that well, okay? My family might be famous, but we're not rich. This is my first job in a while that actually pays well, and all I have to do is babysit a spoiled manchild for one night.

Ah, well. Beats having to face off against the Corrupted again, I guess.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Circle of Disputes

I tense up at the sudden confrontation. I quickly pocket the camera, and put my hands up apologetically. "Sorry about that; drat sciatica is acting up, and these seats aren't exactly the most ergonomic." I'm tempted to just bolt for the exit, but maybe I can make the best of this situation. Can't be a player without making any plays.

"Kazco, right? I hear you're a rising star in the Cartel. I've got a business proposition for you. You seem like a forward thinking type; the kind of guy that knows that to get ahead, you might have to upset the established order and break tradition." I lower my voice. "I'm gonna trust you with a little secret. I'm trying to get footage of the fights here tonight. I'm doing it as sort of personal favor for someone, but I'm sure you can see the market potential for this kind of action, right? If we could maybe swap seats, or otherwise let me film the rest of this fight unobstructed, then I can cut you a copy, and maybe we can set up our own arrangement."

I glance over at the ring as the crowd cheers at first blood. "What do you say?"

quote:

SidekickBOT-Today at 1:14 PM
@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+2 Trying to persuade a troll into a deal, with proper syntax this time = (1+6)+2 = 9

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!




Soiree

The party seems to be gaining some steam, at least from what you can hear from the distance away from everything. Probably just getting a few drinks into a few important people and everything loosening up. There was supposed to be some sort of keynote address before the final ceremony, so there’s still time to get things done.

Alex

“If you need it now, the bill will be costly. Just doing business, of course. If you need it for a ritual, it needs real sympathetic connection. Luckily for you, I’ve got some ideas how you can pay this off. In time, of course.” Carita snaps her fingers as a goblin appears from one of the bathroom vents, with a piece of bark. “Proof of ability. You know what that is, correct?”

You can tell it’s magical in nature, and related to the Fae, but can’t really tell much more without either time or magical senses.

“Two marks for myself and a personal request to try and convince your date to pick his next story from someone who wouldn’t make some of my cousins so very uncomfortable. Less stereotypes, if he must.”

You can’t tell if she’ll negotiate, but would you even want to negotiate? Have you tried before? How did it go?

What do you do?

Piper

Well, this certainly is a very interesting corridor, isn’t it? There’s a few plants, most likely fake, and there’s a security guard who’s looking at you pretty awkwardly. About the same time, it hits you that you think you’ve seen this security guard in the front of the room when you got here. You do know that there are some non-humans most likely on the security force, but would they actually look the same?

How often do you work for or with non-humans? What’s it been like?

In The Kitchen

Another man looking exactly like the one currently staring at Piper, seen checking his pistol. He’s hidden from the rest of the party-goers. A third man arriving, giving the second just a nod.



Circle of Disputes

The fight continues, both sides looking to land a few blows. The orthodox fighting stance of the old soldier seems to be standing up against the werewolf, but there are clear signs of wounds on him. The werewolf seems unharmed for the moment, although it would be hard to tell given her form.

Nessa

The fight is seemingly going well, despite some bumps and bruises given to you by your opponent.The soldier is fighting very smart, however, and this may take a while trying to pound him into the ground. What you just did has maimed people before, but he seems bruised up pretty good.

He switches into an open grappling stance, realizing just how much faster you are. It doesn’t matter how hard you hit if you can’t move.

The crowd seems to have quieted down. Can the crowd quieting make things easier? Harder? Do you care about that?

OOC posted:

Mechanics! Take 3-harm from the return fire, using your armor as normal. He has an extended harm track compared to PCs, but doesn’t appear to have any armor of his own naturally.

What do you do?

Fernweh

“Bugs.” By the short answer, you can tell that she’s hiding something. Not lying, of course, just that these aren’t normal bugs. “Works against all magical detection, no strings attached. If you wanted a ratshit spell, you could have asked any of the amateurs down here.”

The Hag looks back towards the troll. “No more questions. You have your tools and your job. Twenty Four Hours. Goodbye, little trashling.”

Before you can get a clear sense of what’s happening, the Hag seems to be gone. All that’s left is that pouch, which may be a clue in itself. That and Kuzco, who seems to be balling up his fist towards Maayo.

Maayo

Kuzco extends his fist, with something that you’re pretty sure is a smile. “Your hand is too small to shake. Let me hold your object, give me some help on a little human problem, and I’ll agree to return the tape. We can discuss business later. Accept?”

His cadence and pronunciation is all over the place, but he seems pretty straightforward. Well, at least he isn’t going to punch you if you agree. Might not even punch you if you disagree. I mean, if you didn’t give him some reason to get you hunted down by the minor courts, anyways.

What do you do?



Revelry, across the street

People and generally humanoid non-humans are gathering right outside the pub, smoking cigarettes and god knows what else. There’s a pair of extremely attractive faeries leading the way, wearing way too little for the middle of the snowy winter.

Murphy

There’s no sign of Jim. This doesn’t seem like the kind of party he’d miss, though. As you head back to talk to Tristan, you notice the blood as well. That doesn’t look like a vampire feeding level of blood. Are you going to ask him what that’s about? Wait for him to tell you?

Tristan

Other than the head-bashing part, what do you know about Murphy? She a regular at your place, or just another acquaintance in the wild world of the New York supernatural community?

Tristan & Murphy

The obvious way to follow the trail of blood would be the manhole, but that might take some work and someone might notice. Any other ways down you can think of? Do you think anyone outside would notice or care if you just left it open?

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5

Hey! Free pouch! I scoop it up. You can never have enough pouches. I respect the old lady's getting the last word in. That's always important, in these type of things. Respect.

I bounce the pouch in my hand while I scan the room. Bugs, huh? I like bugs. I mean, they're basically mobile trash, right? Falls well within my purview: I'm basically bug royalty, if you think about it. I can prob'ly get 'em to bow and scrape, no trouble. Easy money.

I stow the pouch and sidle up to Maayo and Kazco. The big troll's got his fist raised, so I go ahead and bounce knuckles. "'Sup, Kazco. 'Sup, Maayo." I put my arm around Maayo's shoulder, interposing myself between him and the giant sack of violence. "What a surprise ta see you two here. Didn't think you even knew about this place, Maayo." Turning to Kazco, I add, "so, I heard you got a little bug problem?" I grin. "Might be able to help with that."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

There's a few things stopping me from completing the deal right now: First, Carita is clearly gouging me. I'm fine with a mark to get this guy out of my life, but two? That's simply irresponsible. Second, I don't have the proper tools with me to analyze what she's offering. I could likely stretch my considerable talents to properly identify the bark and ensure that it will suit my needs, but Carita is an acquaintance who I have no interest in demonstrating any hint of confusion or weakness in front of.

I shake my head, "It's not that urgent. One mark for a more leisurely delivery? The personal request is fine regardless." I meet her gaze, my expression almost hinting at a smile. Almost. "I have no doubt of your sources or their veracity. You have always come through in prior arrangements, after all."

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Sewer-City baby!


I park the Subaru, take out my "Hockey bag" and walk the 5 amazing minutes it takes to get to Tristan. Jim can wait, he will at the soiree with his fancy pants brother. Jim would of love to have been at the revelry, singing with the carolers and getting free drinks, but sometimes popularity has a price. Jim's family isn't exactly the safest, and from what I heard they have had to hire bodyguards. So while Jim would have loved to have been here, pretty sure the bodyguards would have been a major buzzkill.

I wave at Tristan as I approach, and he's just standing there staring at a manhole cover. Vampires man, weird things. Behind me the New York nightlife buzzes. Car's sweep by, men leer at women and probably somebody is getting murdered. Fun times. The side street we are on is a small thing, barely noticeable.

The snow is slowly turning to slush and I grimace, my shoes getting wet. I start skip, trying to avoid the bigger puddles of s- why is the snow red. Faint splashes of red stuff stains the whole side street we are on, a bloody footprint there, a swatch of blood there..

"Tristan... Why is the snow red" I say. I look up as Tristan turns to face me.

"Why are you looking at the manhole cover..." My growing sense of dread grows. "Why is there a bloody footprint leading to the manhole cover." I continue my streak of being master of the obvious.

"We are going into the sewer, aren't we..... Come ON!"




MC posted:


Murphy is taking her shotgun and beanbag rounds with her in her "hockey bag".

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Circle of Disputes

"Well, I was gonna film the rest of this fight myself, but if you want to hold the camera, be my guest." I use Fernweh's interruption to swap memory cards in my camera while pulling it from my pocket. "It's a pretty simple point and shoot. The switch is already set for video, and the big button on top starts and stops the recording. It's a pretty wide lens, so just point it in the general direction of the ring, and we should be golden." I smile and bump Kuzco's fist with my own, while offering him the camera with my other hand.

"Now, what kind of 'help' do you need exactly? Just so you know, I don't do any rough stuff."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:40 AM
@Maayo (cloneboy): 2d6+1 tricking a troll = (2+4)+1 = 7

cloneboy fucked around with this message at Dec 20, 2017 around 18:41

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


OOC posted:

This is a quick post to try to keep things moving to a place where you can talk if you want and/or get things done on your own time. I'll be around for clarification during the next week but don't feel obligated to post.

Maayo/Fernweh

The troll grins, way too many sharp teeth to be comforting. He misses the switching of the memory cards, instead focusing on Fernweh and her talk. "Yeah. Got bugs from where we collect the Redleaf. Need little people like the two of you to get rid of them. Hag says those pouches should do the trick if ya set them up right. Equ.. Equ.. Like, spread out. You know what I mean. You won't need a ritual or nothin', just watch your steps. Any questions?"

After he answers any questions, he will continue recording for Maayo.

Alex

"No rush? Fine, you'll find the items delivered to your home when they are found. Ritual quality, of course." You feel as though she might take her time for this one, perhaps even on purpose. She's also not been promised not to say anything, but you do expect some professional discretion. But the deal is made. "Now, if you don't mind, I need to see about my own business. You have my number if you need it. Don't do anything stupid."

She leaves as matter-of-fact as she entered, not even bothering with a handshake. The goblin disappears without a trace.

Tristan/Murphy

The manhole comes off without too much extra effort. As you both hop down, you notice that the trail of blood picks up a little in amount, but disappears randomly into the sewer. You can trace the general direction further into the sewers, but you're pretty sure that the sewers are a giant maze if you don't have some sort of way back out.

What's the worst thing that you've seen in the New York sewers?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 0, Spirit +1
Tribunal +1 Lighthouse -1 Queensguard +1 Brighton +1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5

"So, just, like, regular bugs? Not giant man-eating bugs?" I ask. You gotta be specific, in this city. "Sure, okay. I'll go and check it out."

"Wanna come, Maayo? You might get to see somethin' cool." Or get a chance to score some Redleaf. What are they gonna do, frisk me on my way out?

cloneboy
May 7, 2014



Blood -1, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Lighthouse 0, Queens Guard 1, Brighton Cartel 0Tribunal 1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Circle of Disputes

"Yeah, I'm in. I've done some pest control odd jobs over the years."

I'm pretty sure this 'redleaf' operation is related to the supernatural drug problem I'm looking to get to the bottom of, but I've got no illusions about doing anything heroic while I'm there. Just gonna do this job, gather some intel, and maybe a certain wolf will catch wind about something going on on her territory without her permission.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood -1 | Heart +0 | Mind +1 | Spirit +2 || Lighthouse +1 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Hold: None || Location: The Soiree

The wording of her statement is of some concern, yes, but the situation precludes digging into the verbage with exacting detail. I will deal with whatever trials arise as they arise. In the meanwhile, I need to quickly liaise with Piper and return to my — ugh — ward. It would have been nice to be done with him sooner than not, but not at such a steep price. I will simply have to survive his company a while longer and ensure that nothing untoward happens to him. How hard could it be? I gather my things and step back into the corridor where Piper awaits.

I say, "Piper. Here on work as well?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)
-1 ongoing on any social interactions until he’s eaten.

As we both land in the sewer with a pair of soft splashes, I tense for an ambush that doesn't come. After the moment passes, I take a little look around and think that, despite all signs to the contrary, there's a decent chance that Malcom's still alive. So, there's one bright spot in this.

The rest of the bright spots are obscured by the fact that I'm going to be tramping through the sewers for who knows how long tonight.

Before we go running off, though, I start feeling along the walls of the sewer for any significant scratches. I'm not looking for signs of a struggle, but for fairy marks. They're like hobo signs, but for the Tribunal. I'm looking for anything really, but a few signs of directions or even warnings are what I'm hoping to find.

While I'm feeling for them, I say to Murphy, "So, looks like who-or-whatever grabbed Malcom didn't kill him. After all, if you want to kill Malcom for food, you'd just eat him here, in the sewer, right? And if someone else just wanted him dead, dumping the body in the sewer would give you plenty of time to go on your merry little way. Only reason to drag him around is if he's alive."

@Tristan, the Vamp (Capfalcon): 2d6+1 Investigate Tribunal Place of Power = (5+1)+1 = 7

Exmond
May 31, 2007


im doin it ma im writing

THUNDERDOME



Blood: +2 Heart: +1 Mind: -1 Spirit: +0
Tribunal: +1 Brighton Cartel :+1 Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : -1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Creeping around in the sewer


And in the span of about an hour I go from having $20 in my pocket to being broke and jumping down into the sewers. Fun. I land with a wet splosh onto the sewers and get reminded that I'm wearing running shoes; running shoes that would not do so well if I fell into the more .. goopy.. part of the sewer.

The sewer's of new york are not nice. The tunnels are more like aqueducts, small concrete waterways that run the sewage down to the processing plant. What little solid ground you have is slippery and filled with all manner of refuse as some homeless people live down here. There is enough room to stand single file and I clamp my nose as the running sewage brings along some nasty smells.

Tristan has the right idea as he runs his hands over the walls while walking forward. Better safe than sorry, you don't want to fall into the sewage. I did once; had to recover a certain item for a certain client from a certain loving were-rat. Oh, I didn't mention the sewers had were-rats? Well they do and they are vicious little things.

"So, looks like who-or-whatever grabbed Malcom didn't kill him. After all, if you want to kill Malcom for food, you'd just eat him here, in the sewer, right? And if someone else just wanted him dead, dumping the body in the sewer would give you plenty of time to go on your merry little way. The only reason to drag him around is if he's alive." Tristan says to me as he walks forward, clutching the wall for dear life.

"Well I suppose that's a good thing. Who is this Malcom? He a good guy? Err.. related to the tooth fairy?" I ask, Tristan knows how I operate. In this city there are those worth saving, those you are hired to save and those you.. accidentally don't do your best to save. And besides, maybe with my luck tonight Malcom knows something about the Tooth fairy.

I shuffle the hockey bag on my shoulder and illuminate the area with my phone. Tristan hired me to make sure I have his back so better start protecting it.


OOC posted:


Murphy is along for the ride. I'm rolling "Keep your cool". The situation I want to avoid is being caught unaware, or surprised/ambushed.

When things get real and you keep your cool, tell the MC what situation you want to avoid and roll with Spirit. On a 10+, all’s well. On a 7–9, the MC will tell you what it’s gonna cost you.


@Murphy (Exmond): 2d6+0 KeepYourCool avoid being amubshed = (3+2)+0 = 5

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +1 | Heart +0 | Mind +2 | Spirit -1 || Lighthouse +2 | Queens Guard +1 | Brighton Cartel -1 | Tribunal +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Soiree

Have I worked with non-humans before? Yea, a few times. It's sometimes necessary in my line of work, and it can be... an experience. Have you ever tried tracking down a sewer monster with a hyperactive fairy before? I have, and it's not easy, I can tell you much.

Still, the security guy looks really familiar, like I've seen him somewhere before, but before I could take a closer look at him, Alex walks out, and gets my attention, "Yea, you could say that," I rub the back of my neck, "I'm here as someone's bodyguard-slash-pretend-date, and lemme tell you, the guy I'm supposed to be protecting? He's a real piece of work," my eyes go from the bathroom door to her's, "Should I even ask what was going on in there?" I say, pointing a thumb at the bathroom.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Blood: +1 Heart: +2 Mind: +0 Spirit: -1
Tribunal: +1, Brighton Cartel :-1, Queens Guard: +1, The Lighthouse : +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Old Pete's
In My Web: Old Pete (NPC)
-1 ongoing on any social interactions until he’s eaten.

Still feeling for the signs, I respond without looking over my shoulder, "Malcom? I... wouldn't say he's a bad guy. I suppose. Probably. Still, for a wizard, that means he's practically a saint."

Honestly, from what I've heard, the wizard's traditional sin of Pride ranks rather low on his deadly sins. He's much fonder of Sloth. After all, if you're a medium, you can just wait for work to come to you, since plenty of people want to know what you have.

When she mentions the tooth fairie, I actually turn around and look at her, eyes flashing in the darkness. I say, "Can't say if I do, but after I'm done with him, you can ask him yourself."

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Piper & Alex

The guard straightens up as the two of you start talking, looking back past everyone for a moment before speaking into his two-way radio. "Patrolling the far side." He takes a step back into another hallway, moving out of your sight. The whole thing seems a little suspicious, but that may just be the fact that neither of you have any way of knowing when and where an attack might come from.

Do you react? Is it just your imagination?

Piper

How do the Corrupted generally control people? Is it just something dark magic does?

Alex

When's the last time you've heard the calling of the creatures from the void? Do they speak to you, or is it more of a pervasive animal sound?


Fernweh & Maayo

"They're rat-sized. Nothing you can't handle physically. I need to go." Kazco gives the most obvious wink known to man to Maayo, following by turning back towards the fights. Any attempt to talk to him after this moment gets ignored.

As you head out the front and towards the location, you notice that you're leaving the sewers proper. As you keep moving through, it looks more like the sub-basement of a building. Hard to tell exactly where you are just by looking, but the smell of chemicals make you think this is some sort of industrial site. The specific directions seem to lead you to a pump room. There are no signs of any infestation yet, just signs that there used to be people who lived here and are currently not living here. Old, put out fires and some gear left behind.

What do you do?

Fernweh

Do chemicals smell different as an Unclean Fae? What about industrial waste? Anything like that?

Maayo

How well do you know the city from the underground? Do you think you could figure out where you are?


Tristan

As you investigate the walls, you notice lots of scratches on the walls. They look like tooth marks, like someone is chewing into the walls. Right next to it, there's a word scratched into the wall. INFECTION

Murphy

You look around in the obvious ambush points, clearing the room of any hidden dangers without a problem. Overhead, however, there's a sound of some sort of four-legged creature running overhead. You hit a nearby pipe by accident and they all stop at the same time. They're not quite chirping, but the sound is unpleasant.

Tristan & Murphy

The sound of the ceiling being tore.. chewed through as two sets of jagged toothed humanoid mouths pop out from the ceiling. If you've seen the Tooth Fairy, these look like corrupted, toddler-sized versions of it. They don't look like they're much in a fight, but you can see more in the ceiling.

What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*



Blood +1, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Lighthouse -1, Queensguard +1, Brighton Cartel +1, Tribunal +1
Harm: X|OO|OO || Corruption 0/5 || Location: Circle of Disputes

Circle him. Snap, snap at him. Don't make the mistake of letting him grab you. Once he has flinched, though? Then sink your teeth in and pull out his red flesh.

quote:

Got a 9 on my unleash roll. I'm inflicting terrible harm again, and this time I'm going to find myself in a bad spot.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«4 »