Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
It must be nice to be able to still have indies to murder on turn 27.

EDIT: This was meant for the LP, oh well I'm an idiot.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
If I'm looking for some strong manly goons to ritually murder me in a multiplayer game as the first victim after I make a bunch of comical newbie mistakes, would the IRC or the Discord be a better option or are they populated by effectively the same people?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

If I'm looking for some strong manly goons to ritually murder me in a multiplayer game as the first victim after I make a bunch of comical newbie mistakes, would the IRC or the Discord be a better option or are they populated by effectively the same people?

It’s discord now isn’t it. I think the irc is dead

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

PurpleXVI posted:

If there's a game for newbies, you can count me in, I've never done a MP yet. (I am Almacia on Discord.)

Otherwise I'll just get myself killed in a regular game sometime.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Aight, well, I need to test how this works so here's a form for yelling about cartrev problems.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Did you fix the thing where all phaeacia starts are island and gently caress up balance. let them do regular coastal starts.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
No, though if I see complaints about Phaeacia in the survey then I probably will. The balance question was up in the air last time I updated the program. When I asked recently on discord people seemed to think Phaeacia was annoying but not OP.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Corbeau posted:

No, though if I see complaints about Phaeacia in the survey then I probably will. The balance question was up in the air last time I updated the program. When I asked recently on discord people seemed to think Phaeacia was annoying but not OP.

Yeah it's not phaeacia itself so much as it shits up the map similarly to how water nations do. i suppose ill submit the thing.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Posted a new version of CartRev with some tweaks to farm and lake spawns. No more gigantic farm clumps on the border!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is it generally better to site search using rituals or to do so directly?

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

It dependsssss.
Eat this first: http://dominionsmods.com/index.php?showtopic=3532
We can discuss mage paths vs mage turns vs research afterwards.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I've been watching a lot of lets plays lately and apparently dominions 3 level of supercombants are back in dom 5, you just have to jack up defense/attack and use a stone bird with repel.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Washout posted:

I've been watching a lot of lets plays lately and apparently dominions 3 level of supercombants are back in dom 5, you just have to jack up defense/attack and use a stone bird with repel.

I'm far from a Dom 5 genius but I don't think they're actually back to Dom 3 levels or even close. It's just that a lot of people (especially in other communities) really love trying to make expensive as poo poo thugs/SCs. They've always been an option for clearing chaff/pd, etc, or fulfilling specific goals of course, but I don't think they're even close to what they were in Dom 3.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Washout posted:

Have you got a link? Troops have never been what's dangerous to a SC.
It's thé gearing, elemental resists and luck changes that knocked them down. They were far too efficiënt in 3, maybe not efficiënt enough now?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
There is just something so thematically appealing in SCs though, even if they are hard/impossible to balance. Plus the potential for hilarious hubris driven reversals is unmatched.

Barono
May 6, 2007

Rich in irony and most satirical
A big guy with lots of expensive equipment fighting alone is like a pinata you can pop and pick up the goodies.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

There's a new update!

quote:

Dominions 5.32
posted by johan @ 09:17AM on May 14, 2019
This update adds new heroes for a number of nations and new summons for the Japanese inspired nations. Other notable improvements are unique vampire summons for Ulm, user interface improvements, additional details shown for many rituals. There is also the usual bug fixes, minor tweaks and improvements for modders. The manual has been updated as well.

quote:

-New heroes for Rus, Vanarus, Shinuyama, Man and MA Xibalba.
-Spell details printed as yellow text
-Late age Ulm can now summon a limited amount of unique vampires
-Sneaking commanders have grey backgrounds on Army Setup screen
-New summons for some of the Japanese nations: Araburu-kami, Omukade, Bakeneko, Tanuki, Okami

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Bakeneko? Illwinter jumping on the anime train.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
pre:
New event commands: #req_targnomnr, #req_targprophet, #assowner
Please rename the thread 'New event commands: #assowner'.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Bakeneko? Illwinter jumping on the anime train.

Nah, the Tanuki is where the potential lies for potential paragraphs of prose getting into the tremendous endowment it possesses---perhaps they'll give them a pseudo-glamour~

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The new Vanarus hero is waiting for god to make the chuds great again.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Nah, the Tanuki is where the potential lies for potential paragraphs of prose getting into the tremendous endowment it possesses---perhaps they'll give them a pseudo-glamour~

(The Tanuki's description contains exactly 0 testicle references. Not even covert ones)

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
What is Illwinter doing to my Dominions? Actual helpful details of spell effects in the description? I did not learn by heart all the special effects of the spells to get an edge in multiplayer so that just anyone could get the same info without extensive testing.

If they keep this up we might end up with unit descriptions in summon spells and I'm not sure what I would do in that case.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what all the new Vampire summons for Ulm are based on? Given that a few of them (NotBathory, NotOrlock, NotCarmilla, a Nachzehrer) are clearly based on Vampire literature/folklore, I'm going to go out on a limb and venture a guess that the rest are, also, but I have no clue what. I can't recall any Vampire with a gimmick of being horsecrazy.
Think it's the first time, assuming they are folklore/mythology references, that Dom's made a reference I'm completely unfamiliar with.

EDIT: And the Tanuki should have Awe.
Or the ability to turn into a stone statue and let Mario fly. Either or.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
It's not even Not!Carmilla, IIRC Mircalla is her original name in Carmilla. It's just a tiny bit less obviously an anagram than Alucard.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Yep. Carmilla was actually Mircalla. Plus another alias or two if I recall. And Not!Bathory is just missing her surname and some of the accents on letters because Hungarian gonna Hungarian.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
The game was cheap and I am craving a necromancer fix. Its time to die. Then undie. Then perhaps die again.

:skeltal:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Kinda new to the game. My pretender seems to have lost all spellcasting abilities and any magic knowledge. Is it because I sent him to the arena? What could have caused this?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Probably got injured in the arena. Open his details and click on the injury heart and it'll tell you what happened.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Does he have a slave collar on? It sounds like you might have sent him to a people's arena match. You need to read the deathmatch announcements really closely, some of them really don't want you to send a pretender god.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Ok, he's feeble minded now and indeed it says magic skill:0.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mokotow posted:

I hope he was a monster and not a rainbow mage.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
All hail the drooling idiot. Truly, a goon pretender.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Mokotow posted:

There are ways to fix afflictions but they're pretty pricy

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
You know, I just realized a game of Dominions would be an incredible setting for DND. Have the landscape and political machinations of the various pretender God's as they try to become pantakrotar(pantokrator?). You've got the civilizations set up, and if you are following the timeline of a game that already happened, you could make your party involved in events like commander assasinations, sieges and full battles.

Story even gives good background to folks. "You've been a peasant believing in God. God went off somewhere a long time ago, and new gods are rising. Try to find your fortune!"

Bonus points that Dominions is niche enough that you can pretend to have made up all this stuff while in reality you are just a filthy thief.

Maybe even come across the developers and group!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Donkringel posted:

You've got the civilizations set up, and if you are following the timeline of a game that already happened, you could make your party involved in events like commander assasinations, sieges and full battles.

"bernie would have won looks you straight in the eye. Solemnly, he informs you that they have reason to believe that weedlord bonerhitler's heretical minions have already infiltrated Dubstep Sucks. If the party is unable to root them out, the city will surely fall."

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Donkringel posted:

You know, I just realized a game of Dominions would be an incredible setting for DND.

Maybe even come across Bogus and group!

FTFY

I can’t find the source while phone shitposting but there are definite ties to tabletop sessions

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

LordSloth posted:

FTFY

I can’t find the source while phone shitposting but there are definite ties to tabletop sessions

Thanks, I kept thinking "Bogarus and group" but I knew that was wrong, so I figured I'd just say DnD group and y'all would know.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Donkringel posted:

You know, I just realized a game of Dominions would be an incredible setting for DND.

How many times do we have to kill this samog rear end in a top hat before he finally dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
It’s not a dominions campaign unless one of the gods accidentally drowns himself, herself, or stoneself.