Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TlviSj3eCE&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

when you think about it, 3000 dollars for a spaceship isn’t that bad of a deal when you consider all the money you save from not having a loving wife and children to waste your disposable income on.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hahahahaha you’re telling me this guy has made millions of dollars making knockoff cgi car commercials for imaginary space ships?

“Built FordAtlas tough”.... You loving idiots ahahah

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I mean drat, I’m not trying to be harsh, but did you really think that real gameplay would resemble anything remotely like that?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

This guy is ready for some Star Citizen.

PREPARE TO HACK CYBERSPAAAAAACE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
my coworker insists its near release and there is stuff to do and physically moving things when you buy them is good instead of it just being in your inventory and i just don't care.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
croberts sold high end cars for a while. Its only natural that he sells stuff like this in his epic waste of space.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

eonwe posted:

what in the gently caress, this is something I hadn't seen and its one of the worst things ive ever seen

It was really bad. The woman streams her, and her friends, playing various rpg's and they invited WTFasaurus because they met at a streamer meeting of some kind.

He got super drunk on air and ruined what was obviously her well thought/planned stream for New Years (and molested her).

All evidence of it has been erased, and goons banned, by the people in the stream.

Turns out WTFasaurus is a trainer of "pick up artists" and actually ran (or still does?) a company that teaches other men how to get the ladies.

I think there was some kind of drama around whether or not CIG was paying him to "play" the star citizen "game" for hours a day.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ruggan posted:

I mean drat, I’m not trying to be harsh, but did you really think that real gameplay would resemble anything remotely like that?

Personally no.

I was thinking something along the lines of EVE with more of an FPS element.

I do have one thing to thank Chris Roberts for. I'll never, ever, pre-order anything ever again.

CIG has apparently started hiring their cultists:

https://twitter.com/Kraiklyn_/statu...2930%23lastpost

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How much does a major game usually cost? I don’t know what $160M usually gets you.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

How much does a major game usually cost? I don’t know what $160M usually gets you.

Skyrim cost Bethesda $100M

GTA 5 was $265M, but that includes marketing (which I'm told is half of that number).

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Also GTAV had a lot of voice talent and music licensing, which can get loving expensive.
Is it wrong that I want to take a brick to that guy with the bad dye job?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dreadwroth posted:

Is it wrong that I want to take a brick to that guy with the bad dye job?

No.

He's just one of CIG's paid shills (which is a whole other thing they did, buying positive articles/blogs/streams/etc).

They even have/had *suspected* paid workers buy accounts here to shill for the game.

CIG was so mad at goons that they actually had a tagging system used by their customer support to identify Something Awful users.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

They even have/had *suspected* paid workers buy accounts here to shill for the game.

Note: This is only suspected by Derek Smart and people who take Derek Smart seriously.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

CIG was so mad at goons that they actually had a tagging system used by their customer support to identify Something Awful users.

So new users with an ounce of critical thinking were quickly dispatched

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

Note: This is only suspected by Derek Smart and people who take Derek Smart seriously.

ditty bout my clitty posted:

So new users with an ounce of critical thinking were quickly dispatched

I'm going to go ahead and move these posts to the "concern" area of the forum (that nobody ever reads). :smuggo:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm just glad mr college fund got divorced and lost the custody of his kids.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Also if the goons who went in on this bought buttcoins instead they'd be billionaires

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

here's Sandi's acting career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv35uGYSHKU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is wonderful but remember that he was banned not for being a doxxing piece of poo poo but because FAU is actually a huge whale citizen and was really mad about his spaceship collection being put at risk.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

This is wonderful but remember that he was banned not for being a doxxing piece of poo poo but because FAU is actually a huge whale citizen and was really mad about his spaceship collection being put at risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuWqc1JK_sk

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

More outstanding Goon art. Do not steal (please steal).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
:perfect:

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is there some context to that post about the Stimpire or is it just some loving weird nerd fantasy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bold Robot posted:

Is there some context to that post about the Stimpire or is it just some loving weird nerd fantasy

It's mocking the overly elaborate "lore" for a loving money sink by CIG that will never come out.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Literally everybody on both sides, BOTH SIDES...of SC is bad.

*is the Donald Trump of fake space games*

Seriously though the SC people are garbage, the anti SC people are obsessive weirdos there's literally nothing good about it.

Also Derek Smart, while correct about the game being a huge scam, is a giant creep and screw that guy too.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I still lol at the bunny guy every time.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

what if both sides are Wario??

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I just want a space game where I can bone other people in zero G.

With how much Chris Robbers has taken from everyone, he should allow that "Wulge" guy to nail his failed actress of a wife and film it while he's in the corner crying.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

what if both sides are Wario??

We're talking about bad things, not glorious positives

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol star citizen

even funnier is the goon megathread. the hypocrisy is staggering.

fun fact: derek smart tried to have me permabanned from the SA forums because goons were harrasing the SC ceo's wife on twitter and such and I called them out on it

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I mean godamn just play E:D. Sure it's shallow and Frontier is stupid but poo poo the flight and combat is fun and the goons playing it are helpful and cool.

I've never grinded for even a single second in that game and I've got a cool ship that can kick serious rear end and I've went out sightseeing to nebulas and black holes and other cool poo poo.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I know nothing about this stream/group but I hate them based off this alone.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Chomp8645 posted:

I know nothing about this stream/group but I hate them based off this alone.

that's a weird thing to hate the harassment victim for, wow...u might have anger issues my friend

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

food court bailiff posted:

that's a weird thing to hate the harassment victim for, wow...u might have anger issues my friend

I have a strong stance again pay 2 win mechanics.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Nucleic Acids posted:

DId anyone post that picture of the guy sitting on his replica Star Citizen space toilet with only a shirt on yet?

This is one of the funniest parts of the whole thing. They hired that guy.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Madcosby posted:

lol star citizen

even funnier is the goon megathread. the hypocrisy is staggering.

fun fact: derek smart tried to have me permabanned from the SA forums because goons were harrasing the SC ceo's wife on twitter and such and I called them out on it

no one reply to this blocked clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
actually idk if madcosby is one of the many assclowns dr ds has blocked but i'm willing to belive