Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

I had a customer in today looking for Zelda or Mario comics and it reminded me how shocking it is that Nintendo refuses to license those properties out for proper NA comic series.

Well, considering Valiant did a comic back in the day about a scummy, middle-aged man being possessed by his Game Boy and being in the thrall of the alien guy from Super Mario Land with the only hope being a very tiny Mario... yeah.

The Captain N comic was a million times better than it had any right to be, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of video game adaptions, I seem to recall the Brazilian Mega Man adaption has acquired an infamous reputation. I have no idea how they got away with half of the poo poo that apparently happened in that book - I guess back in the 90s, people didn't give a crap.

Yeah, there was recently an episode of Desk of Death Battle that dove into this series and it's... something. For those who don't know if it, it's like Ken Penders' Sonic the Hedgehog run, only more unhinged and with lots and lots of naked Roll. It was originally written by a guy who didn't care for Mega Man at all and he actually intended to kill off the entire cast and replace them with his own original characters. Then he got removed and his replacements weren't much better. Somehow it lasted around 15 issues.

Meanwhile, Capcom axed Malibu's Street Fighter comic in three issues for being too violent.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

House of M was good.

The one thing that bugs me about House of M is that the heroes' master plan at the end was "GET 'EM! ...and hope that everything somehow turns out all right."

• Locked thread