Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Poor Bobby Knuckles is going to have to defend his interim title before even getting a title shot? That is pretty funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

vaginal facsimile posted:

IIRC That fight with T City was Cub's last fight on UFC contract. Any ideas if he will stick around? I like watching him a lot but I don't think he will ever be Champ at 34 in that division...

Cub was on the serra/norton ufc podcast last week and the subject was broached. Cub said he wanted a guaranteed title shot and a raise to stick around. Title shot, I assume, is off the table.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

is poirier still a weird loser who cries to his opponents when they beat him?

He probably also cries at the end of Where The Red Fern Grows.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

There is no shame in crying about the book. You can also cry after you lose a fist fight, imo. Crying is a perfectly fine thing to do in an emotionally trying time.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Looks like your cash is running low. Reload here: The Betting on MMA Chronicles

e: best of luck to you and all fight bettors. I don't have the stones

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

FishBowlRobot posted:

Covington truly embracing the heel role. Can’t wait until he’s on the MMA Hour to talk about being assaulted with a toy lightsaber by Roxanne Modaferri.

As if modaferri would wield anything but the finest of japanese steel

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Lmao Tim Kennedy threatening murder over trivial bullshit always makes me smile.

If ANYONE tells me how Top Chef turned out last night I will bring down hellfire and righteousness!! #IWillKillYou #IKnowHowToShootGuns #TeamNoCilantro

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

Left: Me. Right: My Enemies. Center: The Mods

lmao

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

That was very thoughtful of Tyron.

Also, Sexy Carlos saying "wheeze the juice" in 2017 is somehow endearing coming from him.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

That's the feel-goodest thing I think I've ever seen come out of MMA. Just look at this picture:

Tyron's Mom's house is also good.

What are those monsters doing to Mighty Mouse?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CRISPYBABY posted:

I've seen a wrestling coach do this too. There's a fair amount of old school guys who believe misery builds character.

My first high school wrestling coach pulled that poo poo. He would run us like dogs in lieu of teaching us stuff and insist we did it without a drink of water. Later in the year we were allowed to ask to get water after some kid (somewhere, not on my team) dehydrated himself to death cutting weight. He was of the "misery = toughness" mindset. A couple years later a two-time (DIII) national champ came in and - get this - taught us to wrestle while making sure our cardio was great. I went from slightly better than middling to highly ranked in the span of a year under that dude. Oddly enough, he was way more Cobra Kai than Mr. Miyagi. He taught us some dirty loving tricks, but they worked.

• Locked thread