Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Overeem/nganou, alvarez/gaethje, and holloway/aldo all lived up to expectations. The guy yelling "kick his rear end, sea bass" was just icing on the cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

Was he? I was watching some of his older fights and I thought he was more willing to exchange to his advantage, (age/juice?) I figured his super defensive style in the UFC was to counter a now glass jaw. A dude that size turning his back and fleeing and then resetting within 1.5 seconds is always amazing to watch though.

I thought he'd gas versus Reem specifically, if you look at his head movement and stuff he is at 100% effort right from the get go. I think he knew that the longer the fight went on the more likely he was to get countered/read correctly and put to sleep. I mean, Reems been knocking dudes Ngannous size out for going on 20 years the sheer experience advantage is intimidating even if you are a "whatever coded racist bullshit Rogan comes out with" fighter.

Before he became good at kickboxing he had a fight with sergei where he turned around and tried to run away. And sergei knocked him out through the ropes

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

imo the fights against Chandler are the high watermark but his fights with Hansen and Kawajiri are well worth watching. He had a rough spell when he entered the UFC but it seems like he got over it

My favourite eddie a fight was when he got dropped by that irish guy wiyhout a wikipedia page in bellator after looking like a monster in dream

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, it makes sense. Also, watch the fight. It's a goddamn classic.

My favourite was when he gently pushed Pettis against the fence for 15 minutes. Everytime he did, Pettis' corner would talk him through getting out of it, only for Eddie to put him back there again

I think that was the fight where izzy martinez or whoever told him what to do to get off the fence and tony did it. Then he didnt do it sgain for the rest of the fight. Or maybe it was rda

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Duncan just say its extremely common in mma fighters due to lack of formal information technology training thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Cyber Dog posted:

just read that with this condit loss (depressing :( ) Jackson-Wink is on a 0-19 run. goddamn.

Owned

• Locked thread