Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!

Jascha the Lost

"Definitely stupid," Jascha offers to the bartender with a grin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.




"No, we're simply extremely crazy," Zevra says. Then she cocks her head to one side. "What? Why? No, you can't... how would that even work? You don't have anything to drink it with!" She listens. "Okay, fine. Shut up, Mom! Fine. I'll tell him."

She turns back to the bartender. "I would like another of these alcoholic drinks." She stops, listening to empty air. "Really? Since when do you... okay. Fine. Fine!"

"Make that whisky, neat. A double." She shakes her head. "Also, could you tell us more about the old man who saw the air spirit? Before the gnoll inadvertantly wrecks your bar."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Good King Gnarglenog

"Ah, a fellow leader. Fear not, humanoids, Gnarglenog knows precisely how to handle this." Waiting for the Mul to obtain eye contact with him, the gnoll maintains unblinking eye contact as he approaches the table with a swagger to his step. Obtaining an unattended seat, he plops it down by the table and seats himself, reclining but not breaking eye contact for a moment before steepling his claws together in a businesslike manner.

"Gnarglenog understands that you are the alpha of this particular watering hole. He also understands that you do not trust him, but perhaps he can explain himself. It is part of the Gnoll way to establish who has dominance when performing any kind of negotiation. Gnarglenog's performance was a means to shake the daggers out from behind anyone's backs. As everyone has either cowered or reveled in response besides you, it stands to reason you know you have an edge over me in some form."

Going back to a more relaxed stance, the Gnoll sports a large, toothy grin. "Well, regardless of what it is, Gnarglenog is not here for that. He is here to conquer over the crumbled ruins that tower over this hovel. But of course, to conquer the ruins, one has to reach them. To that end, Gnarglenog will ask who, if anyone, demands a tithe for safe passage through that particular passage. He is not so stupid to assume that no one travels the sands to pick off the remains of groups traveling to or from what is believed to be certain death, after all."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The Dusty Lizard:

The bartender is caught off-guard by Zevra's conversation with, apparently, herself. "uh...sure, coming right up." He places the drink down in front of Zevra and screws his face up in thought. "The old man? He's some crazy old fool who lives on the edge of town, near the base of the mountains. He comes in here every once in a while when he scares up some coin. I guess he did see some spirit a long time ago, long before I ever slung drinks around here. He said he's been trying to figure out how to get back into the temple again. He sure talked a lot about it, but I can't remember everything he said. Something about how he got chased out? Last I saw the guy, he didn't seem in great shape - probably not in good enough shape to face down the ruins again on his own."

Jaksot:

"What the gently caress are you talking about, an alpha? Ruins?" He snorts derisively at Gnarglenog. "Whatever, anyway - nobody would bother demanding a tax to go up there. It's suicide. The only people who bother going up there are pirates too cowardly to actually do the job like the rest of us. Plus, why the gently caress would we be anywhere near the certain death, as you put it? Can't have your treasure if you're dead. There's more to raid out in the silt sea than some mountain. Just so you know - Gnarglewhateverthefuck - there's poo poo worse than pirates on that road, ain't no tax gonna change their minds if they decide they don't like you being there."

-----

The Market:

Do you want to wait for Team Dusty Lizard or would you like to venture forth and catch up with them later?

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


"Let's go," Sathain tells his companions. "They were checking out the bars. Let's see how many rounds deep they are, peel anyone we need to off the floor, and go find our man."
Pulling the hood of his desert garb up, he starts off at a brisk walk towards the drinking establishments.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.




Zevra stands and holds the drink aloft. "Libation," she explains. "An offering to the dead." Then she tips the glass. The whisky falls, but somewhere between the cup and the ground it catches on something invisible in midair, scatting to a fine mist which disappears.

"drat. I can't believe that works," Zevra says. "She is going to be unbearably loving smug all night." She fishes a handful of ceramic coins out of her purse and lays them on the bar. "For the information," she explains. "Since the gnoll is paying for drinks."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The party regroups and departs, leaving behind a very confused bartender and an annoyed mul.

At the outskirts of town is a small hut, just large enough for one person and a few personal items. All around the sand are swirls in various directions and arrangements, being drawn by a man :



The man either doesn't notice or doesn't care that a motley group of strangers is approaching him, evidenced by him mumbling to himself as he draws. Every now and then he stops and looks in the direction of the ruins of the temple that glower down onto Cromlin. He moves his fingers in the air as though he's attempting to work through some sort of problem, but then returns to drawing circles.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!

Jascha the Lost

"Old man," the elf calls out as he approaches, holding his open hands out wide to show he is not carrying a weapon. "We have traveled a long way to find a man called Bevus. Is that you?"

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain


Well, he's barking mad. Perhaps just the right amount of mad, though, for what we're about.

Sathain raises a hand in greeting; he still looks like that nondescript human, and has his hood up. "Daclamitus sends his greetings," he adds, "and says that you can tell us about the ruins here, and what's inside them."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.




Zevra ignores the mumbling old man initially, preferring to examine the strange drawings that he's been making. They seem purposeful yet vague, like the sort of folk magic she sees in every silt village. She gazes at the drawing, then bends to sniff it, before stopping to listen to it.

Gonna try to identify the marking. Arcana: 1d20+14 33

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Arcana - while the symbol is strange and obviously meaningful, you are not able to discern its purpose. Bevus is a practiced hand at drawing it, which may hint at a relationship to the temple in the mountains.

The man shoots upright from drawing his symbols and mumbles, then whips around and glares at the party. "Daclamitus? Surely you spoke to a ghost. Now tell me who you really are, and why you would harass an old man minding his own business."

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain

"If he was a ghost, he was a ghost who put together a good feast. Looked something like... this."

Sathain raises his white hood and lowers his head, then reverses the process. When his face becomes visible again, it's the wrinkled, pleasantly smiling face of the old sage. Then the hood rises and falls again, and he's back to being a nondescript human.

"We're here on his advice. He says you know how to get into the ruined temple. That's where we need to go. What's it going to take?"

---

e: Diplomacy: 1d20+16 31

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at Jan 2, 2018 around 20:59

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"Be at ease, good man. We are not here to harass; 'tis your aid we seek, on behalf of master Daclamitus." Kayode steps forward, palms out to display his unwillingness to do harm. "If you seek proof, allow me to show you a letter, that each of us received in turn; a summons, if you will." Slowly reaching into his pockets, he pulls out the aforementioned parchment, unfolding it and holding it at arm's length for Bevus to read. "My name is Kayode of the house Babatunde; however, you may call me Baba, if it suits you. My companions' names are not mine to give, but they can be trusted - this I swear upon my honor. I can understand your distrust of those who seek the temple ruins; but our intentions are naught but good, and we hope you can help."

Diplomacy to put Bevus at ease at 1d20+7=22.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Bevus is struck momentarily speechless by Sathain's shapeshifting and attempts to sputter a response. He is clearly taken aback, but turns his attention to Baba to observe the letter. He returns to Sathain to respond to his question.

He sighs heavily, bitterly, before responding. "What took Daclamitus so long? I had long since given up hope and assumed he died. Dreamers like him don't seem to last long in Athas." He ponders for a moment, formulating the next phase of his reply. "To be quite truthful, the path to the temple is not as treacherous as you have been led to believe. I am sure you heard the stories of pirates seeking ill-gotten rewards by raiding the temple, yes? The reason they have not succeeded is because of me." He thumps his palm on his chest and the volume of his voice rises slightly. "It is because I have protected those ruins, by conjuring spirits to drive away trespassers. I, who swore to Daclamitus that I would drive away those not meant to venture inside."

He looks amongst the party, briefly making eye contact with each member and softens. "Since you appear to be the chosen ones that Daclamitus spoke of all those decades ago, I will allow you safe passage. You will encounter none of the spirits that were spoken of on the path. However!" he declares sharply "I cannot guarantee the same protection inside the temple. I know not of what lies in wait for you there. I shall accompany you, so that you may obtain access and be undisturbed in your work inside. We may speak further along the way, if you wish."

Without further comment, Bevus fetches some belongings from his hut and begins to walk towards the mountains.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!

Jascha the Lost

"Impressive work, old man," the elf says with a smirk. "I wonder, though--just what is that symbol you've been drawing?"

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain

"Well done, then."
Sathain inclines his head in acknowledgement. His features have a little more of the face he showed when he spoke at Daclamitus'--sharper cheekbones, violet eyes--as though he's becoming more himself as he readies himself for the approaching conflict.

"Anything you know about this temple would be useful to us. How much has it crumbled? How many entrances and exits are there? What is its history?"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Bevus, now swimming in a tattered cloak, grunts. "So many questions. The symbol, as you'll see, is a glyph. Why I draw it is difficult to explain. Now, the physical temple itself? I can only offer you guesses. The only person I ever saw go in and come out no worse for wear is Daclamitus himself. He walked out like he was leaving a friend's house. When I tried to ask questions myself, he just laughed and told me not to worry. My best guess from looking at it? The part of the temple you're interested in is underground. How much of that is intact, I haven't the faintest idea. I've seen to it that folk don't get that far. As far as I know, the only way out is the way you come in."

He pauses and a few facial expressions wordlessly cross his face, appearing to be thinking. "As far as the history? No idea. Who really knows the history of anything on Athas. My job was just to protect the temple until you lot got here. If you find out answers...I won't lie, I'd like to know myself."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Good King Gnarglenog

The dog has had his arms crossed, nodding in response to the questions and answers as though he understands them. However, after Bevus' comments, he interjects. "Gnarglenog cares not for history! He cares only for the challenge placed in front of him! Speaking of which, our goal lies ahead of us. Let us continue forward. The sooner we arrive, the sooner this man's job is done, and the sooner I can sink my fangs into something. One can only feed off of preserved meat for so long before desiring something fresh."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


The temple comes into view and seems to occupy the entire sky. As the party draws nearer to the temple, they are able to see an open entry area. The building looks to have been constructed with fine stone and wood – materials only seen in the dwellings of rich nobles and sorcerer-kings these days. During the temple’s glory days, this may have been used for gatherings or for outdoor ceremonies. There appears to have been a dais off to one side of the door. Light streaks through a cracked roof, held up by some intricately carved columns of weakening integrity. The carvings appear to have faded over time from being battered by sand and wind. Towards the back of common area is a door leading to the inside of the temple.

Bevus makes his way to the front of the group and places his hand in front the door. A shape, the very one Bevus was drawing, softly glows and there is a quiet sound of a lock being turned. Bevus sighs and turns to the group. “This is where my assistance to you ends – I know not what lies beyond this door. I shall stand guard here while you attend to your business, that you will not be disturbed.”

The door, made of a heavy wood with inlaid carvings (more worn than the carvings on the columns), swings open with a push. There is a landing leading towards a wide stairwell, descending into a darkened room. Nothing is visible beyond the stairs. The walls and stairs appear to be made from a darker wood, and at one point the sconces held candles that have long since been extinguished.


As the party’s eyes adjust to the darkness, they see that the first room of the temple is spacious and wide, with high ceilings. Carvings from centuries ago are still intact – depicting scenes of terrible wind storms on one wall, the other with gentle swirls of branches and flowers. Other remnants from the past are still present and remarkably intact, such as carved chairs and bookshelves. The shelves are sparse, with some brittle texts left behind. Other items are scattered about, suggesting that this had been an area that saw some activity while the temple was in use.

A finely carved door with a metal handle leads to the next room.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain

Sathain sheds normalcy, his just-a-regular-guy features dissolving back into those hard, sad violet eyes, high cheekbones, and near-white hair along with the delicately pointed ears of elven blood. He reaches behind him, hooks the rim of the empty circle of dark wood he wears on his back as a shield, and puts it on; when his arm slides through the straps, the circle fills with rippling violet energy, dim and barely visible, not bright enough to illuminate anything--a telekinetic barrier within the wooden circle.

In the temple, he sniffs the air, then casts his eyes around. "Old. Very old," he acknowledges, a little grudgingly. He steps over to a bookcase and examines the tome, to see if he can decipher the language; he raises a hand, and an invisible force oh-so-gently shifts the book, lays it down, opens the cover and turns pages with a feather-light grasp. Dust shifts off of the pages, as though he had breathed on it.

---

Mage Hand and Prestidigitation to try and gently manipulate and clean off the book without damaging it.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2018 around 19:23

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba's posture changes immediately when the door opens. Instead of a calm, jolly man, an experienced warrior stands in their midst. A whirl of wood through air as he brandishes his staff and lowers himself into a guarded pose with practiced ease, ready for anything that might come at them. He pulls a pair of dainty-looking spectacles from his sash, the glasses tinted bright green like some kind of jade. He steps ahead carefully but with determined paces, the glasses allowing him the ability to see in the dark without impediment. He scans the room carefully, and listens for anything that might be ahead, beyond the finely crafted door.

Eyes of the Deep Dwarf give me darkvision while I have power points. Perception for anything out of the ordinary beyond old dusty shelves , as well as listening for anything beyond the door at 1d20+9=21.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.




Zevra is disappointed on the journey up to the temple that Bevus is true to his word, and no hostile spirits approach. She had been looking forward to the conversation. As it is, she remains quiet and withdrawn on the journey.

Once the outer door is open, however, she raises her hand. "Go one, Mother. I know you want to."

A whirlwind rushes past her hand, exploding into a swirl of dust that becomes a floating, desiccated corpse of a woman. The apparition shrieks as it flows past Zevra and into the library(?). Terrible, invisible winds tear at the tattered remains of a dress and whip at stringy grey hair, but have no actual effect on the ancient room or its fragile contents. "Finally!" The ghost says, with a death rattle of satisfaction. She flickers, vanishing and reappearing from instant to instant as she searches the contents of the room, looking for something.

The apparition finally reappears floating just behind Sathain and staring over his shoulder at the book turning before him.

"She can actually read," Zevra says. "Something she never lets me forget."

"You should have paid more attention to your lessons, stupid child."
She stares down. "Turn the pages faster, elf."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


Upon examination of the book, it is revealed that it is written in an ancient variant of Common. The cover is made of dyed light blue leather, softened from frequent use. Etched on the cover is the same symbol that Bevus conjured to unlock the door. The words appear to be jumbled and the phrasing somewhat off - likely an artifact of the shifting of language over time. From what can be surmised, the book is written in a formal and reverent tone. The words "air", "wind", and "storm" are recognizable. A proper noun, Hi'ilei, is recurring in relation to the words "praise" and "worship." The text is organized into blocks of text with different headings. The headings make references to different worship ceremonies. Furthermore, some notes are written into the margins. It appears to be written with a less permanent marking than ink, and time has clearly taken its toll. Some passages have faded underlines and circles drawn on them. Pages here and there have corners folded down, marking them for use.

Baba:

There are no signs of life other than the party. Behind the door you can hear a rushing sound of wind, although there does not seem to be an immediate source. The air can be felt at the edges of the door to the next room.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Kayode flinches as Zevra's mother makes herself known, a flourish of psionic energy shimmering before him as he brandishes his staff; but he relaxws when Zevra talks. "A little warning would have been preferred, lady Zevra," he grumbles quietly, nodding his head towards the door. "The immediate area seems clear, but I would still advise caution as we proceed. Is there much to glean from the texts here?"

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain

Sathain glances back at Zerva and winks as the ghost appears behind him, and the next page turns oh-so-slowly, dragging the moment out. He continues to read at his own pace, though, flipping back and forth through the book. "The book is so old the language has changed since its time, but this was frequently used. It holds... ceremonies? Rituals? There are invocations of praise and worship, it looks like, to something called Hi'ilei--an archaic term for the wind or storm, perhaps? It is worth keeping with us, I think."

That same invisible force lifts the book up, cradling it gently, and slides it inside Sathain's cloak, where it disappears without forming any kind of visible bulge.

"Let's move on, unless we want to be leafing through poorly comprehensible texts for days. I can take the lead if you're worried about things that lurk in darkness.

---

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




Shaiha Nilil

Shaiha looks up from the somewhat less revealing tome in her hands, too dessicated for her to even risk opening lest it crumble to dust. "If you're going to walk in front, can I hold on to your book? You I can heal, but if something happens, I don't have a spell to restore parchment." She eases her own book back on the shelf where she found it, taking pains to disturb its neighbours as little as possible. She takes one last look at the bookcase, pondering the term Hi'ilei. Even if the group isn't planning to spend time reading, it can only help to know what they're getting into before they get into it.


History: 1d20+16 = 25

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!



Good King Gnarglenog

"The tall one is right; Gnarglenog sees no point in reading about what we can see with our own two eyes."

Gnarglenog, not being of the especially literate sort, finds himself lacking any interest in these books. What he does have interest in, however, are the scents that his canine nose will pick up as he tests the door's mettle with a push. His large presence and purposeful movement gives the others plenty of time to step towards or away from the door as he does so.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba nods, and falls in a little ways back. However experienced he might be, he's less hardy than some of his companions, and doesn't want to walk face-first into a trap or a spirit. "Be careful," is the only other warning he utters to the bold gnoll.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


Sathain

"Don't worry, good doctor. It's in a pocket, but the pocket is not here, precisely."

Saithain does let the gnoll go first, waving him on. "By all means. I'll follow."

He draws his weapon, a three-headed flail, the metal heads set with chips of clear quartz; they lift up of their own accord, the chains sinuous, moving in the air like snakes lifting their heads. With his strange shield in front of him, he steps through the doorway behind Gnarglenog.

---

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!

Jascha the Lost

Jascha gives a curt nod to Bevus as the party passes through the temple door. He leaves it to the more scholarly-oriented members to take care of the research, and instead keeps his eyes and ears peeled for anything unusual. Once it becomes clear that the others intend to move deeper into the temple, the elf unslings his bow from his shoulder and snaps his fingers with his free hand. In an instant, his body is sheathed in heavy beast-hide armor.

"Let me look at that, before you blow yourselves up," the elf calls out as he moves toward the door.

Checking for traps, lockpick if need be, etc. Thievery: 1d20+17 31

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


Checks:
History: Despite some pondering and racking your memory, the name Hi’ilei doesn’t sound familiar.

Thievery: Jascha performs a thorough examination of the door and sees no evidence of mechanical traps.


-------------------------

The party pushes forth into the next room to continue their exploration. Despite looking quite similar to the previous room in terms of structure and decoration, there seems to be something odd about this room. Most notably is that it is somehow much colder than the prior room, despite only being separated by a door and no evidence of windows. There seems to be a foreboding, malevolent presence about the room.

A few more steps into the room, and ancient dust and debris whip about the room and figures begin to materialize. The faces appear to be a mix of elven and human, but they are disfigured and scarred. Their bodies are skeletal, with armor hanging off of their limbs. A voice shrieks from one of the figures as the dust and wind surround the party. “Defiler! Who dares enter this sacred place!” Another figure brandishes a cracked sword and howls, sounding like a terrible wind storm, “In Hi’ilei’s name, you shall die!” The wind inside the room whips into a fury and the figures take on defined shapes and rush towards the party




The first ghost points its chipped, ghostly weapon at Shaiha. "You will regret setting foot here, fool mortal!" it pronounces with a solid swipe at her arm, the air along its swipe turning to frost.

Raaig D3
Move: to E4
Minor: Raaig's Challenge vs Will (Shaiha): 1d20+14 22
On hit: marked until EOMNT
Standard: Chilling Blade vs AC (Shaiha): 1d20+16 30 3d6+9 15 cold

With a wordless cry, the raaig rushes towards Gnarglenog with a thrust of its icy blade. It connects and the blade enters his thigh, some frost forming at the edges of his wound.

Raaig D13
Move: to E12
Minor: Raaig's Challenge vs Will (Gnarglenog): 1d20+14 24
On hit: marked until EOMNT
Standard: Chilling Blade vs AC (Gnarglenog): 1d20+16 34 3d6+9 18 cold

The ghost hisses "die!" at Zevra and stabs at her abdomen, leaving a nasty gash along her side.

Raaig J3
Move: to I4
Minor: Raaig's Challenge vs Will (Zevra): 1d20+14 21
On hit: marked until EOMNT
Standard: Chilling Blade vs AC (Zevra): 1d20+16 34 3d6+9 16 cold

With an ear-piercing shriek, the figure of the desiccated human rushes towards Sathain. "Be gone from this place!" it howls and lands a solid blow with its blade on his chest, the pain intensified by the weapon's deathly chill.

Raaig J13
Move: to I12
Minor: Raaig's Challenge vs Will (Sathain): 1d20+14 26
On hit: marked until EOMNT
Chilling Blade vs AC (Sathain): 1d20+16 36 3d6+9 22 Crit! = 27cold

The elven-looking ghost howls and swirls around the room. As it swirls around, the air crackles with electricity and the air seems to become heavier. The air whips around like a small tornado, preventing all it reaches from moving and slowing the rest.

Raaig L1
Move: to K8
Standard: Snaring Storm vs REF(Shaiha, Baba, Zevra, Jascha): 4#1d20+15 21 27 17 35
On hit: targets are restrained / On miss: target is slowed until EOMNT

The ghost, looking like a desiccated elven woman, rushes to the other end of the party. With a shriek, it summons a cloud of thunder and lightning. Bolts of thunder crackle outwards towards the party members as a fog rolls and lingers into the area.

Raaig B15
Move: to C8
Standard: Static Cloud vs Fort (Shaiha, Baba, Zevra, Jascha): 4#1d20+15 30 31 21 20 2d10+11 26
Effect: burst creates a zone of lightly obscured squares that lasts until EOMNT. Any creature that ends its turn in to the zone takes 10 lightning damage


Raaig (Gray) [E4] HP: 112/112 AC/F/R/W: 27/24/23/23 [Resist 10 Cold, Aura 1: Gripping Dread]
Raaig (Gray) [E12] HP: 112/112 AC/F/R/W: 27/24/23/23 [Resist 10 Cold, Aura 1: Gripping Dread]
Raaig (Gray) [I4] HP: 112/112 AC/F/R/W: 27/24/23/23 [Resist 10 Cold, Aura 1: Gripping Dread]
Raaig (Gray) [I12] HP: 112/112 AC/F/R/W: 27/24/23/23 [Resist 10 Cold, Aura 1: Gripping Dread]
Raaig (Green) [K8] HP: 124/124 AC/F/R/W: 26/25/24/23 [Resist 10 Thunder/Lightning]
Raaig (Green) [C8] HP: 124/124 AC/F/R/W: 26/25/24/23 [Resist 10 Thunder/Lightning]

Gripping Dread: Enemies within the aura cannot shift, in addition any enemy marked by the tomb spirit that makes an attack that does not include the tomb spirit as a target while within the aura takes 7 cold damage.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...


As soon as the ghostly blade makes contact--encountering a rippling, barely-visible field of violet force, but leaving frost on Sathain's chest--he changes. For the entire journey, he's been relaxed, casual, a man of many faces that nothing seems to ruffle.
In response to the blow, violet light ripples around him and everything easygoing vanishes. The stone underneath him groans and cracks, one of the stones under his foot developing a hairline fissure as if he suddenly weighed a ton.
Puffs of dirt rise from the ground and chips of stone fall from the ceiling, as though his telekinesis is running wild and lashing out every which way. There's a rush of wind as the air around him seems to be displaced and then thickens, growing heavy with the weight of his unleashed presence.

If Baba has the wherewithal to pay attention to anything other than his own situation, he can notice something strange about the way Sathain moves. He's seen his share of psionic combatants, both human and elf, and they've had many different styles, but they've all merged psionics and body, enhancing their physical prowess, adding the power of their mind to the strikes of their weapon.
Wherever Sathain learned to do battle, the way he does it is utterly different from the psychic warriors Baba knows. His mind and his body move seemingly independently, as though he's actually a psion and a warrior who happen to occupying the same space.

As he staggers from the wraith's chilling strike, he plants his hind foot and pushes forward, raising his strange shield. It comes up, shoving the ghost back. The three heads of his flail come up like snakes, dancing in the air, and strike from behind the cover of his shield, hidden from view for a second: rather than swing to the side as one might expect, they move on their own, arcing under the shield and striking the human spirit in its ghostly chest.

One of the heads of Sathain's flail detaches, coming clean off the chain connecting it to the haft. It zips forward, missing the spirit--but then it arcs around, moving so fast it's a grey blur, and hits one of the elven wraiths in the back, sending it staggering forward and smashing it into the floor.
Violet light clings to the elven ghost, restricting its movements as the spiked ball floats back towards Sathain.

Sathain isn't even looking. He flicks a glance at the human ghost threatening Good King Gnarglenog, and invisible force bears down on it, hindering its attacks; another glance and the gnoll gets a gentle push out of the ghost's reach and aura.

Before the ghost he's engaging can attack him again, he's gone. He takes a shuffling step to the side, and then he vanishes, stepping through space and reappearing in front of the other elven ghost. His flail--down to two heads--comes up, menacing it, ready to strike like a snake.
Dust kicks up into the air around him as his telekinetic power leaks out from his strange aura, seemingly impossible to fully contain.

---

Mechanics first.

edit: Forgot to include Persistent Harrier. Hitting the guy who hit me with the free Persistent Harrier attack, since it has to activate on the first attack against me.
Immediate action from the surprise round/enemy turn: Persistent Harrier against the one that hit me. Staying in the same square, attacking for 1d20+18 = 32. Hitting him for 1d10+8 = 11.

Standard action -Lodestone Lure, augment 2 pp, against C8 green Raaig. 1d20+18 = 33 - hit, melee 5. Pull 4, knock prone. After knocking prone, slide him 2 and slow him (Flail Expertise, Dragging Flail, Rushing Cleats). The elf ghost ends up prone, slow, and at E9, and takes 1d10+8 = 12 damage. Also, he can ONLY move adjacent to Sathain, nowhere else. Since he can't get to me while slowed, tough luck.
Minor Action - Battlemind's Demand, no augment, targeting the grey Raaig at E12. It's marked for the encounter or until I use the power again.
Move action - Dimension Slide, encounter power.--targeting myself and Gnarglenog, teleport 3 for myself and slide 1 for him. Sliding Gnarglenog 1 to F10, so that he threatens green Raaig 1 and also is out of the grey Raaig's aura. Teleporting 3 over to J8, so that I'm in melee with the other green Raaig and threatening him.

GM - reactions/triggers:
-If green Raaig K8 shifts away from me, I'll use Harrying Step (free action) to teleport to him, positioning myself in any square West/left of him with the teleport. Unless he can teleport, he shouldn't be able to get out of melee with me.
-If green Raaig K8 moves away from me, or makes a ranged attack, I will take an OA with Eldritch Strike (+18 to hit, 1d10+8 damage), which will knock him prone and slow him and slide 2, but I'll slide him 1 square away and then 1 back so he stays adjacent to me. Just, you know, prone and slowed.
-If a particularly good opportunity to use the augment 1 or 2 of Lightning Rush comes up (i.e. an ally is hit by an attack from an enemy who is within 5 of me and they're in particular danger) I will do that, but only IF green Raaig has taken his turn already. Staying on him takes priority. edit: let Jascha use his Disrupting Shot first. So, only use Lightning Rush (augment 2, taking the attack on myself) IF Jascha has already used disrupting shot AND green Raaig has already taken his turn.


pre:

HP: 70/97               AC:29 	Passive Insight: 17
THP: 0	                        Fort:26 	Passive Perception: 15
Surges: 15/15 (V:24)	Ref:	25	Vision: Low-Light
Initiative: +8	                Will: 27	Action Points: 1
Speed: 5

Power Cards
At Will		              Encounter		      Daily
Eldritch Strike                     [ ] Adept's Insight	              [ ] Living Fortress
Battlemind's Demand       [x] Persistent Harrier	      [ ] Nightmare Vortex
Mind Spike                         [x] Dimension Slide                [ ] Shattered Time
Concussive Spike             [ ] Rebounding Dance
Lightning Rush                  [ ] Deliverance of Faith
Lodestone Lure                 [ ] Fast Talk
Thought Projection

Item
Hand of the Mage - Prestidigitation, Mage Hand (AW)
Hat of Disguise -  Disguise Self (AW)
[ ] Shield of Eyes - don't grant CA when flanked UEMNT (D)
Deep-Pockets Cloak - draw or store an item from the cloak(AW, 1/round)    
                       
Passives
Hat of Disguise: +5 to Bluff to pass myself off as someone else
Shield of Eyes: +2 AC vs OAs (+6 vs AC, +4 F/R/W total)
Quicksilver Dance: +4 to all defenses vs OAs (+6 AC, +4 F/R/W total)
Quicksilver Action: spend AP,  shift CHA (4) before taking action
Superior Will: Save vs stun/daze at start of turn even if not save ends.
Flail Expertise: when I hit with a melee attack using a flail and the attack lets me slide the target, knock them prone instead
Dragging Flail: whenever I use a filail to knock an enemy prone, also slide them 1 square
Rushing Cleats: increase the push or slide effect of any close or weapon attack by 1
Hindering Shield: whenever I pull, push, or slide a creature with an attack while using a shield, slow that creature USMNT
          -on slide (Eldritch Strike): knock prone, slide 2, slow
          -on push: push +2 squares, slow - Concussion Spike: push 7, slow
          -on pull: slow - Lodestone Lure: pull 1 (no aug)/4 (aug 1 or 2) and slow, prone + slide 2 + slow if aug 2.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2018 around 21:18

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




Shaiha Nilil

Surrounded by phantoms and chaotic magic, it's all Shaiha can do to ground herself right before the lightning storm hits. Frazzled by the sudden attack, the only thing she thinks of is a spell to hurl her nearest attacker away - but through a clenched throat, all she can manage is a slight force field around herself. A moment later, her mind catches up to her current situation. Vital signs, check. Allies, standing. Her assailant, disquieting, but its sword delivered a spectral chill, not a cut. Her fingers work quickly, tipping one vial into another, and with a mere sip of liquid she is fortified against the cold. Now confident in her defenses, she darts through the storm, hoping the spectre will follow. Though not normally one to willingly place herself in danger, Shaiha can appreciate the value of a temporary advantage. She emerges next to Zevra's attacker, giving the shaman a wink through its misty form.

"If I regret anything today, spirits, it will not be your blades. Come! Reckon your magic against mine!"


When hit with elec zone, Imm.Re.: Lab Conditioning. I take half damage from the attack (13), and...shift 2 squares, but Gripping Dread prevents the latter.

Vital Spell: Thundering Armor. Target me. +1 Power Bonus to AC UEoMNT. Secondary Target E4 ghost. 1d20+16 = 19 vs. Fort. Miss.

Free Action: Healing Infusion: Shielding Elixir. Target me. I resist 10 cold until the end of the encounter.

Move Action: Walk the hell to H3. Make your opportunity attack, shitbird! My AC is 29 for this (incl. partial concealment).


Shaiha Nilil status: +1 AC; Resist 10 cold; Slowed

pre:
Shaiha Nilil   						 
HP: 50/76 (THP: __)      AC:   26    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 8/8 (V: 19)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +5  	 Ref:  27    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 26    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Dwarven

Melee Basic Attack: +15 vs. AC; 1d4+5 damage.

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ethereal Chill         [ ] Second Wind                   [ ] Watery Sphere
Thundering Armor       [X] Lab Conditioning              [ ] Smokepowder Blast
                       [X][ ] Healing Infusion           [ ] Lightning Motes
                       [ ] Spike Wire                    [ ] Amulet of Elegy
                       [ ] Hypnotic Distraction          [ ] Salve of Power
                       [ ] Gale-Force Infusion           [ ] Rod of Absorption
                       [X] Vital Spell
                       [ ] Swift Mender
                       [ ] Animate Helper
                       [ ] Swift Concoction
                       [ ] Rod of Absorption 

Alchemical Items
Jolt Flask (lvl 10). Standard Action; Area burst 1 within 10; +15 vs. Fort. Hit: Target is dazed UEoMNT.

Conditionals/Passives:

Arcane Rejuvenation: When an ally uses a magic item daily power, they gain 11 THP.
Resilient Focus: +2 to saving throws.
Superior Will: Save against dazing / stunning effects at start of turn.
Rapid Infusion: Use Healing Infusion as a free action on my turn.
Arcane Empowerment: 1/Day, spend a short rest with a magic item: Recharge its daily power, or give its
wielder a free action to gain a +2 bonus to an attack roll after rolling once before the next extended rest.
Quick Fix: Roll Arcana to disable, identify, or sense magical phenomena, or Thievery to disable or 
identify devices, as a minor instead of a standard action. Take -4 to such checks.
Master Preserver's Action: When spending AP to make an attack, reroll one attack roll or one damage roll.

Wol fucked around with this message at Jan 16, 2018 around 08:35

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.


Haunted Zevra


Ghosts. Angry ghosts. Well, that makes for a change of pace from every other moment in my life, Zevra thinks sullenly to herself, as lightning and mist fill the room.

She raises her fist, opening her fingers, and a tangle of bones and bits of stone and rusty metal, all held together by threads, falls to dangle from her hand. The tangle-totem flexes and dances like a puppet as she works her fingers. Zevra lifts her other hand and points with a stone knife as she and Dog back away slowly from the onrushing ghosts. Suddenly, the ghost of her mother appears, standing between her daughter and the other vengeful spirits. She screams, and the force of her cry hurls ghosts away like tumbleweeds.

Free action: Summon Spirit Companion (Mom) to G5
Standard action: Pummel intellect (Raiig Grey E4, I4): 2#1d20+15 35 crits E4 for 2d6+8 = 20 psychic damage 19 misses I4. E4 is dazed until EONT. Effect: slide Raaig I4 back to K2 and Raiig E4 back to C2.
Move action: Zevra (slow) moves to J7, blink dog moves to I7.
Minor action: Zevra dismisses Spirit Companion
End turn: Dog takes 10 damage.



pre:
Haunted Zevra   						 
HP: 60/76 (THP: __)      AC:   24    Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 9/9 (V: 19)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +10  	 Ref:  25    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 26    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Spirit Infusion		[ ] [ ] Healing Spirit		[ ] Spirit of the healing Flood    
Spirit of the Tempest	[ ] Ironbreaker Claws		[ ] Ancient Progenitor’s Spirit            
Voice of Battle		[ ] Granite Armor		[ ] Ancient Warlord’s Inspiration
Call Spirit Companion	[ ] Blood-Red Mist                    
Spirit’s Wrath		[x] Intellect Pummel
Summon Armor (Minor)	[ ] Speak With Spirits
                      	[ ] Engaging Pursuit
                        [ ] Insightful Warning
			[ ]Twilight’s Veil

Ghost Dog Companion
HP: 28/38 (THP: __)		AC:   26    Passive Perception 29 
Surges: -			For:  24    
Initiative: - 			Ref:  24    
Speed: 6  			Will: 24

Conditionals/Passives:

Resist 10 Fire
Elemental Spirit: Allies adjacent to the Spirit Companion gain +2 to saving throws
Spirit of Vigor: When Spirit is summoned as a minor action, one adjacent ally gains +4 Temp HP
Healing Spirit: When Healing spirit is used, target makes a saving throw, one ally adjacent to 
Spirit Companion heals 3d6 HP, all gain 6 temp HP
Spirit’s Step: When Spirit Companion is dismissed, one adjacent ally can shift 1 square.
Spiteful Retaliation: if enemy’s attack causes spirit to disappear, enemy is dazed UENT.
Spirit Companion: Conjuration. Uses Zevra's defenses. Can’t flank. Occupies 1 square. 
Allies can move through, enemies can’t.  Can make OAs from enemy movement but nothing else.
 Can’t be target of area attacks. If dealt 15 damage by single attack, disappears, and Zevra takes
10 damage. Can’t be affected by conditions or forced movement, ignores difficult and hazardous terrain.
Dog Companion Aura: Allies adjacent to dog companion can teleport within aura as move action, 
enemies give Zevra combat advantage
Totem Expertise: ignore partial Concealment/Cover

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2018 around 01:40

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!



Good King Gnarglenog

"YESYESYESYESYESYES." Staring directly at the ghost in front of him that just nicked his fur, Gnarglenog gains a toothy grin. "Look at me when I scream at you!"

Open The Gates of Battle!: 1d20+16 24 3d10+9 32
Add Flurry of Blows and that's 42 damage to the ghost at D12, also he cannot shift. Speaking of shifting, I can't Shift in that aura, but that doesn't stop Open The Gates of Battle! I move to D10 and do not proc an OA from my movement away from the gray ghost, ending my turn.

A flurry of claw swipes and bites quickly erupt towards the chest of the ghostly individual, finding a surprising amount of purchase as the gnoll tears away from the target, thwapping them across the face with their nunchaku and backflipping into a position a short distance away from their prey. "How can I snap your neck if you don't have one?! Doesn't matter, I'll just have to swallow your soul, like a fine vintage blood, aged to perfection and then beyond by your Hi'ilei! A true delicacy for the gourmands of gore!"



pre:
Good King Gnarglenog   						 
HP: 63/80 (THP: __)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 11/11 (V: 20)    For:  24    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 10     	         Will: 24    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Abyssal, Common

At Will			               Encounter			                           Daily
Five Storms		              [ ] Second Wind	                   	        [ ] Masterful Spiral   
Fallen Needle	                      [ ] Ferocious Charge	                	[ ] Water Gives Way       
Iron Soul Flurry of Blow              [X] Open the Gates of Battle		        [ ] Tsunami Throw
Agile Recovery	                      [ ] Eternal Mountain                              [ ] Lesser Elixir of Speed
Spider Technique		      [ ] Bonecrusher
Psionic Spark	                      [ ] Eyes of the Basilisk
                                      [ ] Quicksilver Motion
                                      [ ] Cloth of the Charging Wind

Opportunity Attack: +19 vs AC, 1d6+9 damage, Crits on 19-20 for Ongoing 10 damage (save ends)

Conditionals/Passives:

Blood Fury: +2 damage when Bloodied
Pack Attack: +2 melee damage against enemies with 2 or more allies adjacent to it
River Rat: Enemies do not gain an attack bonus for flanking you
Basilisk's Boon: +2 to saving throws vs Immobilize, Restrain, or Slow effects
Internalize the Basic Kata: +Dex to MBA attack/damage, can Flurry of Blows off of an OA
Superior Will: Make saving throws vs Stunned or Dazed at start of turn, even if not a (save ends) effect
If Attacked by a Non-Minion while Bloodied: Will use Water Gives Way, or Tsunami Throw if there are 2+ enemies that can be hit by the secondary attack.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

The wind and lightning buffet the old man, but he holds firm in place. Gripping his staff, he slams his palms together around it, and a blast forces out from around him, forcing the battered elven ghost backwards and at Gnarglenog's feet. Having no way out, Baba instead chooses to kneel, and a shimmering forcefield comes to life, shielding him from further attacks. A shimmering copy of his form emerges on the other side, ready to strike at whatever enemy runs afoul of his staff.

Standard: Kinetic Buffer (augment 1) vs Green Raaig E9 at 1d20+15=23.. Hit thanks to Nog's flanking for 1d6+9=14 damage, and push the Green Raaig to E10. I also get +2 to all defenses UEOMNT.
Free: Manifest Dream Form in F10 upon use of PP.
Minor: Mind Shroud. I have superior cover and am slowed UEOMNT.
EOT: take 10 damage from zone.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 39/75 (THP: )        AC:   28    Passive Insight: 24
Surges: 7/7 (V: 18)      For:  22    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  25    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 28    Vision: Normal
Power Points:  7/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Bond of Censure         [ ] Argent Rain                      [ ] Force Spheres    
Dimensional Scramble    [ ] Aspect of Agility                [ ] Mind Blast            
Dishearten              [ ] Dream Blade                      [ ] Strength of Many
Kinetic Buffer          [ ] Far Hand
Manifest Dream Form     [ ] Mind over Flesh
Thought Projection      [X] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Repulsion Armor (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Courageous Mind: +1 to saving throws while bloodied. 
Dominating Mind: When inflicting save ends daze, dominate or stun, target takes -2 to the first save.
Dreaming Advantage: When using an AP to make a psionic attack, gain CA against any enemy adjacent to dream form.
Eyes of the Deep Dwarf: Gain darkvision as long as you have one PP.
Human Ingenuity: When using an AP, regain a PP. 
Raven Cloak: Resist 5 cold and necrotic.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
If you end your turn on a non-solid surface, you sink. 
Staff of Expertise: Do not provoke OAs from ranged or area attacks with a staff. Melee attacks with a staff get reach 1.
Superior Will: Save vs daze and stun at the start of your turn. 

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!


Jascha the Lost

Taken by surprise, the elf is unable to defend against the ghostly assault, leaving him stuck fast. Thankfully the party has ghosts of its own, and Dog comes to the rescue. Making use of Dog's magic, Jascha blinks out of existence for a moment, then reappears, outside of the static field.

"Too much talking."

Now freed, he pulls a pair of arrows from his quiver and launches them across the battlefield at the ghost Garglenog had thrashed. The arrows crackle as they are drawn, and they sing a haunting tune as they sail through the air into their target. These ghosts were surprisingly resilient, and it would take a concerted effort to destroy them.

Move: teleport to J6, thanks to Dog.
Standard: Helping beat up Nog's ghost at E12 or wherever it ended up. Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+17 33 28 1d12+4 12 (forgot to roll damage twice: Second Twin Strike damage roll: 1d12+4 10) for a total of 22 damage.

Whoever is attacked first next round besides Sathain (he's tanky, he'll be fine), Immediate Interrupt: Disruptive Strike vs AC: 1d20+17 34 1d12+10 13 damage, and attack takes a -7 penalty to hit. Hopefully that's enough to make it miss.


pre:
Jascha   						 
HP: 74/74 (THP: __)      AC:   27    Passive Insight: 22
Surges: 7/7 (V: 19)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 26
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  27    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 25    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Sensing Eye (Minor)     [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Healing Lore    
Hunter's Quarry (M.)    [ ] Invigorating Stride              [ ] Sure Shot            
Summon Armor (Minor)    [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Spitting Cobra Stance
Nimble Strike           [ ] Defensive Volley                 [ ] Attacks on the Run
Twin Strike             [ ] Fox's Cunning
                        [X] Disruptive Strike
                        [ ] Combined Fire
                        [ ] Biting Volley
                        [ ] Wind Fury Assault
                        

Item Powers
[ ] Screaming Bow (Daily)
[ ] Rain of Hammers Ki Focus (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)


Conditionals/Passives:

Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, can make a Stealth check to hide.
Superior Will: Can make a save against daze/stun at the start of your turn, even if it is not a (save ends) effect.
Hunter's Aim: You don't take the normal -2 penalty to attack rolls against your quarry if it has cover/concealment.
Hobbling Strike: Can forego one Hunter's Quarry die to slow target until the end of your next turn.
World Serpent's Grasp: When you hit slowed/immobilized enemy, can knock it prone.
Grounding Shot: Ignore attack penalty for ranged attack vs prone target, and deal +2 damage to prone enemies.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
     If you end your turn on a non-solid surface, you sink. 

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2018 around 20:12

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.


Reactions:

Angered, the specter swings at Shaiha but fails to connect with her
Opportunity attack: Chilling Blade vs AC (Shaiha): 1d20+16 23 3d6+9 22

Raaig C2
The ghost howls and pursues Shaiha. It lunges toward her, but misses wide.
Standard: Charge to G3, Chilling Blade vs AC (Shaiha): 1d20+16 20+1 = 21 3d6+9 19

Raaig E12
The next ghost takes a swing at Gnarglenog, his blow connecting soundly.
Move: to C10
Minor: Raaig's Challenge vs Will (Gnarglenog): 1d20+14 29 -2 from Sathain's mark = 27 On hit: target is marked UEOMNT
Standard: Chilling Blade vs AC (Gnarglenog): 1d20+16 33+2 from CA -2 from Sathain's mark = 33[/b] 3d6+9 16

Raaig K2
The third Raaig takes a swing at Jascha, though Jascha is able to quickly turn and put an arrow in its chest before its strike connects, causing it to miss its mark.
Move: to J5
Minor: Raaig's Challenge vs Will (Jascha): 1d20+14 26 On hit: target is marked UEOMNT
Standard: Chilling Blade vs AC (Jascha): 1d20+16 31 3d6+9 23 Misses due to Jascha's Disruptive Shot

Raaig I12
The final human Raaig slashes at Baba, connecting with a very solid blow.
Move: to G9
Minor: Raaig's Challenge vs Will (Baba): 1d20+14 16 On hit: target is marked UEOMNT
Standard: Chilling Blade vs AC (Baba): 1d20+16 35 3d6+9 19

Raaig (Green) E10
The first elven Raaig swings at Gnarglenog with his staff, hitting him solidly and sending him flying through the air to the opposite side of the Human Raaig flanking him.
Move: Stand up from prone
Standard: Hurl through sky vs AC (Gnarglenog): 1d20+17 32+2 (CA from flanking) = 34 -2 from mark2d6+9 13 Effect: Gnarglenog is teleported to B10

Raaig (Green) K8
The final Raaig swings at Sathain, the end of his staff hitting him directly in the face as he sends him hurling next to the nearest Human Raaig.
Standard: Hurl through sky vs AC (Sathain): 1d20+17 37 2d6+9 12 CRIT: 21 Effect: Sathain is teleported to K6

Raaig (Gray) [G3] HP: 92/112 AC/F/R/W: 27/24/23/23 [Resist 10 Cold, Aura 1: Gripping Dread, dazed]
Raaig (Gray) [C10] HP: 48/112 AC/F/R/W: 27/24/23/23 [Resist 10 Cold, Aura 1: Gripping Dread, marked by Sathain]
Raaig (Gray) [J5] HP: 99/112 AC/F/R/W: 27/24/23/23 [Resist 10 Cold, Aura 1: Gripping Dread]
Raaig (Gray) [G9] HP: 101/112 AC/F/R/W: 27/24/23/23 [Resist 10 Cold, Aura 1: Gripping Dread]
Raaig (Green) [K8] HP: 124/124 AC/F/R/W: 26/25/24/23 [Resist 10 Thunder/Lightning]
Raaig (Green) [E10] HP: 98/124 AC/F/R/W: 26/25/24/23 [Resist 10 Thunder/Lightning, prone, slowed]

Gripping Dread: Enemies within the aura cannot shift, in addition any enemy marked by the tomb spirit that makes an attack that does not include the tomb spirit as a target while within the aura takes 7 cold damage.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!


Jascha the Lost

Memories of his old life bleed into the periphery: The chains wrapped around beaten and bruised bodies. The crack of whips against bare flesh. The smell of sweat and blood pouring into the sands. The cries of the helpless, pulled apart from their loved ones. The faces of men, women, and children he'd sold off like chattel.

"No." His voice was barely a whisper as the visions struck him like daggers through his chest. His form rippled as he blinked away from the ghost.

"No." His voice still wavered, but it rose in volume as his eyes fixed on the ghost in front of him. His left arm twitched and began to glow through the slits in his armor with a faint blue light.

"I will not--" He spat the words loudly through gritted teeth. He ripped an arrow from his quiver and nocked it.

"I WILL NOT BE DESTROYED BY THE GHOSTS OF THE PAST!"

Pulling his bow to full draw, his left arm exploded with blue light and wind whipped out from it in all directions. As he loosed the arrow, the room fell completely silent as it sailed through the air. It struck with a deafening crash of thunder, sending the ghost staggering backwards. Without hesitation the elf tore another pair of arrows from his quiver and launched them into the ghost, which slammed with a blinding flash and added to the cacophonous roar.

When the light faded, nothing of the ghost remained. The elf fell to one knee, gasping for breath.

"風が我が敵を喰らう!!
FŪ GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU!!"


Minor: hunter's quarry on gray ghost at J5.
Move: teleport to H6 thanks to Dog.
Standard: DAILY Sure Shot vs AC: 1d20+17+1 26 Sure Shot to-hit reroll!: 1d20+17+1 27 ( at least it hits) 3d12+10+2d6 41
Free: Screaming Bow DAILY. Target gains Vulnerable 5 Thunder. Sathain also gains Vulnerable 5 Thunder and is deafened UEoMNT. Sorry!
ACTION POINT!
Biting Volley (crits on 18-20) vs Reflex: 2#1d20+17+1 36 38 DOUBLE CRIT! 2#1d12+10 15 12 Biting Volley double crit damage!: 2#2d6+22 29 28
+10 damage from vulnerability. Ghost is dead! (Again!)

pre:
Jascha   						 
HP: 74/74 (THP: __)      AC:   27    Passive Insight: 22
Surges: 7/7 (V: 19)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 26
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  27    Action Points: 0
Speed: 7     	         Will: 25    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Sensing Eye (Minor)     [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Healing Lore    
Hunter's Quarry (M.)    [ ] Invigorating Stride              [X] Sure Shot            
Summon Armor (Minor)    [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Spitting Cobra Stance
Nimble Strike           [ ] Defensive Volley                 [ ] Attacks on the Run
Twin Strike             [ ] Fox's Cunning
                        [X] Disruptive Strike
                        [ ] Combined Fire
                        [X] Biting Volley
                        [ ] Wind Fury Assault
                        

Item Powers
[X] Screaming Bow (Daily)
[ ] Rain of Hammers Ki Focus (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)


Conditionals/Passives:

Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, can make a Stealth check to hide.
Superior Will: Can make a save against daze/stun at the start of your turn, even if it is not a (save ends) effect.
Hunter's Aim: You don't take the normal -2 penalty to attack rolls against your quarry if it has cover/concealment.
Hobbling Strike: Can forego one Hunter's Quarry die to slow target until the end of your next turn.
World Serpent's Grasp: When you hit slowed/immobilized enemy, can knock it prone.
Grounding Shot: Ignore attack penalty for ranged attack vs prone target, and deal +2 damage to prone enemies.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
     If you end your turn on a non-solid surface, you sink. 

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 23:32

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Kayode spits some blood to the ground from the hit, turning his staff in his hands and thrusting at the shimmering copy of himself. A wave crackling psionic energy washes over the ghosts, and while the elf seems to withstand it, the human spirit is tossed about through the aether. Now free of threats, the old man moves back to get some distance between himself and the ghosts that had battered him so. His dream form would ensure that he could still reach them with his power, however.

Standard: Dimensional Scramble (augment 1) vs Grey Raaig G9 and Green Raaig E10 at 2#1d20+15=24, 19. Miss Green, but hit Grey for 1d6+9=14 damage. Teleport Grey to H8.
Move; Aspect of Agility to shift 5 to B3, get +2 AC/Ref UEOMNT. Dream Form shifts 1 to E9.


pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 20/75 (THP: )        AC:   28    Passive Insight: 24
Surges: 7/7 (V: 18)      For:  22    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  25    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 28    Vision: Normal
Power Points:  6/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Bond of Censure         [ ] Argent Rain                      [ ] Force Spheres    
Dimensional Scramble    [X] Aspect of Agility                [ ] Mind Blast            
Dishearten              [ ] Dream Blade                      [ ] Strength of Many
Kinetic Buffer          [ ] Far Hand
Manifest Dream Form     [ ] Mind over Flesh
Thought Projection      [X] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Relentless Stride
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Repulsion Armor (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Courageous Mind: +1 to saving throws while bloodied. 
Dominating Mind: When inflicting save ends daze, dominate or stun, target takes -2 to the first save.
Dreaming Advantage: When using an AP to make a psionic attack, gain CA against any enemy adjacent to dream form.
Eyes of the Deep Dwarf: Gain darkvision as long as you have one PP.
Human Ingenuity: When using an AP, regain a PP. 
Raven Cloak: Resist 5 cold and necrotic.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
If you end your turn on a non-solid surface, you sink. 
Staff of Expertise: Do not provoke OAs from ranged or area attacks with a staff. Melee attacks with a staff get reach 1.
Superior Will: Save vs daze and stun at the start of your turn. 

Wahad fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 10:56

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply