Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Iole ponders. "I don't know that you would call these spirits tormented. I would say they are...hateful, or angry."

In response to Shaiha's experiment; the water pooling around the paty's ankles drains, leaving behind a damp floor and small puddles here and there. Below, there is a rushing sound of the water draining - possibly into an even lower level. The stairs leading downwards appear to be slick and slippery, with the walls dripping water. The drops of water echo through the stairwell. The door leading to the next portion of the temple gently swings open.

Iole eyes the stairs and looks back to the party. "It seems you have more exploring to do...unfortunately I will be of no aid to you in that endeavor."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

"More angry spirits. Wonderful," Baba sighed, eyeing the now-accessible passage with a critical eye. "Very well, then. Kalakote, would you mind taking the lead? Just in case the aforementioned spirits decide to rush us while we move down the stairs."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

"Okay, that's not what I expected to happen." Shaiha releases her hand from the altar. "Looks like we have our way ahead, though." She hoists her pack and steps up to the edge of the stair, peering down into whatever mysteries the darkness holds below. The warning in Iole's words tumbles through her mind. Whatever happened here must have been violent - moreso than Iole and her followers' despairing end. Baba's right. It'll be prudent to let Kalakote lead. She'll be right behind him, though, with a healing spell with his name on it. She steps aside to let him pass. Giving Kalakote a nod, she turns then to where Iole's book still lies open. "See you soon, Iole. Hopefully with good news."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Kalakote PDF

Without his armor on Kalakote's sheer wonder at seeing Iole summoned is written clear on his face! "Wonder of wonders, how many spirits bless you, Divine Seer?" He watches the water recede and begins donning his armor. "Fortune favors us. I shall lead!" Once prepared he takes up his sword and takes point, clearly eager to see what the temple is all about!

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Following Kalakote's lead, the party proceeds onward into the next portion of the flooded temple remnants. Upon entering a large room, before they can determine its function in a previous life, horrible croaking and groaning fills the room. Figures rise from seemingly nowhere, hardly splashing any water as they rise and brandish weapons. One voice is able to rise above the noise, shouting "intruders! after them!"

Mad One (Cyan) [HP: 1/1 | AC: 26 / FORT: 23 / REF: 23 / WILL 25]
Mad One (Fuchsia) [HP: 1/1 | AC: 26 / FORT: 23 / REF: 23 / WILL 25]
Mad One (Yellow) [HP: 1/1 | AC: 26 / FORT: 23 / REF: 23 / WILL 25]

Drowner (Orange) [HP: 137/137 | AC: 30 / FORT: 26 / REF: 26 / WILL: 24]
Drowner (Lime) [HP: 137/137 | AC: 30 / FORT: 26 / REF: 26 / WILL: 24]

Lash (Pink) [HP: 115/115 | AC: 27 / FORT: 28 / REF: 27 / WILL: 26]

Cutter (Red) [HP: 143/143 | AC: 29 / FORT: 27 / REF: 29 / WILL 26]
Cutter (White) [HP: 143/143 | AC: 29 / FORT: 27 / REF: 29 / WILL 26]

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba springs into action the moment the spirits arrive, calling forth a vortex that pulls one out of position and moving to the side to avoid getting hit with any far-reaching attacks the creatures might have.

Standard: Dimensional Scramble vs Cutters at 2x1d20+17=29, 25. Hit Cutter White for 1d6+10=15 force damage, and teleport him to the square adjacent to Mad One Fuchsia on the diagonal bottom right.
Move: to the square right-adjacent to the pool on the top.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 80/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 7/7 (V: 20)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 29    Vision: Normal
Power Points:  8/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Avenging Shackles       [ ] Argent Rain                      [ ] Celestial Fist    
Dimensional Scramble    [ ] Aspect of Agility                [ ] Force Spheres            
Dishearten              [ ] Bound by Fate                    [ ] Mind Blast   
Kinetic Buffer          [ ] Dream Blade
Manifest Dream Form     [ ] Far Hand
Thought Projection      [ ] Mind over Flesh
                        [ ] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Repulsion Armor (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Courageous Mind: +1 to saving throws while bloodied. 
Dominating Mind: When inflicting save ends daze, dominate or stun, target takes -2 to the first save.
Dreaming Advantage: When using an AP to make a psionic attack, gain CA against any enemy adjacent to dream form.
Eyes of the Deep Dwarf: Gain darkvision as long as you have one PP.
Human Ingenuity: When using an AP, regain a PP. 
Raven Cloak: Resist 5 cold and necrotic.
Resilient Focus: +2 to all saves.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.
If you end your turn on a non-solid surface, you sink. 
Staff of Expertise: Do not provoke OAs from ranged or area attacks with a staff. Melee attacks with a staff get reach 1.
Superior Will: Save vs daze and stun at the start of your turn. 

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Zevra sidesteps, calling up her ghosts to stand between her and the angry creatures. Her mother lets loose an unearthly shriek that calls up a surprisingly wet whirlwind, scattering the amphibians(?).

Free action: Summon Zevra's Mother directly in front of Mad One Yellow
Standard Action: Intellect Pummel (blast 5) against: mad One Purple and Yellow, Cutter White and Red, and Drowner Lime: TLDR: hit only Cutter White for 14 damage and dazing him UeoNT but slide 2 all of them, forming a partial horseshoe with fuschia and yellow as the legs.
Move action: Slide Zevra's mom down one square, between Mad One Fuscia and Yellow. Move Ghost Dog down and to the right of Zevra, adjacent to her.

pre:
Haunted Zevra   						 
HP: 55/81 (THP: 7)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 26
Surges: 9/9 (V: 20)      For:  24    Passive Perception: 28
Initiative: +11  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 27    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

Spirit Infusion		[ ] [ ] Healing Spirit		[ ] Spirit of the healing Flood    
Spirit of the Tempest	[ ] Ironbreaker Claws		[ ] Ancient Progenitor’s Spirit            
Voice of Battle		[ ] Granite Armor		[ ] Ancient Warlord’s Inspiration
Call Spirit Companion	[ ] Blood-Red Mist                    
Spirit’s Wrath		[X ] Intellect Pummel
Summon Armor (Minor)	[ ] Speak With Spirits
                      	[ ] Engaging Pursuit
                        [ ] Insightful Warning
			[ ]Twilight’s Veil

Ghost Dog Companion
HP: 38/38 (THP: __)		AC:   28    Passive Perception 29 
Surges: -			For:  26    
Initiative: - 			Ref:  26    
Speed: 6  			Will: 26

Conditionals/Passives:

Resist 10 Fire
Elemental Spirit: Allies adjacent to the Spirit Companion gain +2 to saving throws
Spirit of Vigor: When Spirit is summoned as a minor action, one adjacent ally gains +4 Temp HP
Healing Spirit: When Healing spirit is used, target makes a saving throw, one ally adjacent to 
Spirit Companion heals 3d6 HP, all gain 6 temp HP
Spirit’s Step: When Spirit Companion is dismissed, one adjacent ally can shift 1 square, +1 to hit any adjacent enemies.
Spiteful Retaliation: if enemy’s attack causes spirit to disappear, enemy is dazed UENT.
Spirit Companion: Conjuration. Uses Zevra's defenses. Can’t flank. Occupies 1 square. 
Allies can move through, enemies can’t.  Can make OAs from enemy movement but nothing else.
 Can only be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If dealt 15 damage by single attack, disappears, and Zevra takes
10 damage. Can’t be affected by conditions or forced movement, ignores difficult and hazardous terrain.
Dog Companion Aura: Allies adjacent to dog companion can teleport within aura as move action, 
enemies give Zevra combat advantage
Totem Expertise: ignore partial Concealment/Cover

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Shaiha brandishes a small clay flask, whipping the stopper off. A viscous green liquid flies out from it, covering the nearby group of enemies. As the nearest two fall to the flesh-eating acid, Shaiha tucks the flask back in her robes and flings into the fray a copper disc engraved with a beastly face. In midair, a flame sparks on the edge of the disc. With alarming speed, it flares outward until it looks like a fireball trailing the disc. As it falls, the disc arranges itself into a squat, stout body, hitting the ground with four burly limbs. Shaiha's glittering mist diffuses through the air in that same moment. Its effects wash over the flaming construct, sending it surging forward into the fray.

Minor Action: Sudden Slime (vs. Fort; Area burst 1 within 10). Target Fuchsia (30, Hit); target White (36[CA], Hit); target Yellow (33, Hit); target Lime (28, Hit); target Red (33, Hit). Hit targets take 6 acid damage and are slowed and grant CA UEoMNT. Fuchsia & Yellow KOed.
Standard Action: Summon Flameheart Defender 2 squares to the east of Kalakote. I teleport to the square just north of Kalakote.
Minor Action: Slick Concoction. Flameheart Defender, Kalakote, Jascha, Baba, Sathain and Zevra slide 5 squares (their choice) and gain +4 to Ref UEoMNT. Slide Flameheart Defender amongst the gathered foes (position below).

Flameheart Defender: 40 / 40 HP. 30 AC; 25 Fort; 30 Ref; 28 Will

Damage Summary: 6 to Fuchsia (KO); 6 to Yellow (KO); 6 to White; 6 to Lime; 6 to Red.
Status Summary:
All allies: +4 Ref
White, Lime, Red: Grants CA, Slowed
Positional Summary: I am adjacent to Kalakote to the north. Enemy / pet grouping updated to reflect our turns so far. M is Mom, S is Summon.

x F x x
M x S W
x Y L R

pre:
Shaiha Nilil   						 
HP: 81/81 (THP: 00)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 20)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +6  	 Ref:  28    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 26    Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Resists: 11 acid
Saving Throws: +2

Ethereal Chill         [ ] Second Wind                   [ ] Obedient Servant
Thundering Armor       [ ] Lab Conditioning              [X] Flameheart Defender
                       [ ][ ] Healing Infusion           [ ] Relentless Harrier
                       [X] Sudden Slime                  [ ] Arcane Springboard
                       [ ] Ice Shard Traps              
                       [ ] Phantasmal Henchman          
                       [ ] Gale-Force Infusion          
                       [ ] Planar Gateway               
                       [ ] Energy Conversion
                       [X] Slick Concoction
                       [ ] Enduring Summons

MBA: +17 vs. AC; 1d8+6 damage.
Crit: +3d8 damage.
Item Powers
[ ] Rod of Absorption (Encounter): Deactivate the aura (save ends) of a creature I hit.
[ ] Rod of Absorption (Daily): Immediate Interrupt as below.
[ ] Summoner's Staff (Daily): Immediate Interrupt as below.
[ ] Salve of Power (Daily): Lose 1 healing surge to regain an encounter attack power.
[ ] Hero's Armour (Daily): When I spend an action point, forgo usual feature to let ally
within 5 use second wind as a free action.

Immediate Actions (descending priority; will not react to / target minions)
-- When summon is hit: Attacker rerolls and must use second roll (Day [Summoner's Staff])
-- When ally is hit and dealt 9+ damage: They gain resist 9 all to the triggering attack, and 9 THP
after damage (Enc [Energy Conversion])
-- When I & at least 2 allies targeted by area/close: All attacks take -5 penalty (Day [Rod of Absorption])
-- When I take damage from area/close: Halve the damage and shift 2 squares (Enc [Lab Conditioning])

Summoning:
Defensive Minions: Summons gain +2 to all defenses.
Tome Expertise: Enemies next to my conjurations/summons grant CA. An enemy immune to fear
is immune to this effect.
Summoner's Staff: When an enemy misses my summon, I or an ally within 5 of the summon gain 7 THP.
Summoner's Slip: After using a conjuration/summoning power, teleport 2 squares.

Arcane Rejuvenation
When an ally uses a magic item daily power, they gain 11 THP.

Action Point:
Summoner's Action: Give one minor action command to each summoned creature as a free action.
Hero's Armor: Gain +2 to all defenses UEoMNT.

Other Features:
Arcane Empowerment: 1/Day, spend a short rest with a magic item: Recharge its daily power, or give its
wielder a free action to gain a +2 bonus to an attack roll after rolling once before the next extended rest.
Ooze Master 10: Acid attacks make targets grant CA UEoMNT.
Ooze Master 5: Roll twice on Dungeoneering checks.
Superior Will: Save against dazing / stunning effects at start of turn.
Rapid Infusion: Use Healing Infusion as a free action on my turn.
Quick Fix: Roll Arcana to disable, identify, or sense magical phenomena, or Thievery to disable or 
identify devices, as a minor instead of a standard action. Take -4 to such checks.
Lesser Ring of Feather Fall: I take no damage from falling.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Sent forward by granted boons, Kalakote casts his ire upon one of the wretched fishes lurking near the back of the group and attempts to follow through with cleaving disapproval, coming up short against the nimble little slimer!

Granted Movement: Slide 5 towards Orange
Move: Close to Left/West side of Orange
Minor: Divine Challenge Orange(14 Radiant as Mark Punishment)
Free: Lawbreaker's Doom on Orange
Standard: Holy Strike vs Drowner Orange Misses.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 92/105 (THP: 0)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22(26)	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26      Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Giant(Literate), Deep Speech(Literate)	
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Ardent Strike		[ ] Second Wind            [X][ ][ ][ ] Ardent Vow
Holy Strike      	[ ] Stone's Endurance      [X] Blood of the Mighty
Body Equilibrium        [ ] Divine Strength        [ ] Frenzying Smite
Divine Challenge         OR Divine Mettle          [ ] Death Angel
                        [ ] Heedless Fury          [ ] Blade of Black Wind
                        [ ] Vice's Reward          [ ] Dwarven Vigor(I)
                        [ ] Strength from Valor    [ ] Piercing(I)
                        [ ] Valiant Rush           [ ] Octogram(I)
                        [ ] Force of Arms  
                        [X] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [ ] Scabbard(I)

Melee: +20 Attack, 1d10+14 Damage
Challenge: 14 Damage (6 + 2 Cha + 6 Str)
Sanction: 8 Damage (6 + 2 Cha)
Withering: -1 AC per Weapon Hit. Cumulative, Save Ends current stack.
Implement: +13 Attack

Passives:
Power Athlete: Roll Twice on Athletics to Jump/Climb
Disciple of Stone: +7 THP when spending Healing Surge
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 Defenses against OAs
Divinity's Shield: +2 F/R/W UEONT after using Channel Divinity
Immobilizing Action: Immobilizes LD Target on successful Hit with AP Action
Physical Resolve: +2 to Saves against Weakened/Slowed/Immobilized
Skull Mask: Enemies have -2 to Saves against Fear effects

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Sathain

Sathain keeps pace with Kalakote, his round shield filling with violet energy, his flail in his hand. Unfortunately, he and Kalakote pick the same target, and Kalakote's swing sends the foe scurrying back, causing Sathain to miss as well. Seemingly unworried, he moves to the next enemy in line, violet light sparking every which way from his forehead and clinging to one of the creatures.

---

Fragment of the Way class feature - after taking a short rest, I can spend 1 PP, do an extra +1[W] to one target on my next hit. 1 PP spent pre-fight.
Slide 5 from Shaiha - puts me next to Orange and Kalakote.
Standard action: Eldritch Strike on Orange Drowner with CA thanks to Kalakote being adjacent to it: 1d20+22=25, a miss. :(
Move action: move to just below and to the left of Pink Lash, provoking an OA from Orange (which I get +2 AC against) if it wants to suffer Kalakote's mark.
Minor action: mark Pink lash with Battlemind's Demand

Triggered actions:
-Blurred Step to follow Pink Lash if it shifts away
-Opportunity Attacks with Eldritch Strike at 1d20+20 for 1d10+9, knocking them prone, slowing them, and sliding them 3, ideally overboard
-If I'm attacked, I'll either use Forceful Counter or Persistent Harrier depending on who it is, probably persistent harrier - just check via discord. Both are immediate reactions so they happen after the attack

Statblock:
pre:
Sathain

HP: 103/103 (BV:51)          AC:	30 	Passive Insight: 17
THP: 0	                        Fort: 27 	Passive Perception: 15
Surges: 13/15 (V:25)	Ref:	26	Vision: Low-Light
Initiative: +9	                Will: 28	Action Points: 1
Power Points: 8/9          Speed: 5

Power Cards
At Will		              Encounter		            Daily
Eldritch Strike              [ ] Adept's Insight	      [ ] Living Fortress
Battlemind's Demand           [ ] Persistent Harrier	    [ ] Nightmare Vortex
Mind Spike                 [ ] Dimension Slide            [ ] Intellect Hammer
Concussive Spike             [ ] Impose Your Will             [ ] Battle Aspect
Forceful Reversal             [ ] Rebind the Will
Lodestone Lure                 [ ] Fast Talk
Thought Projection

Item
[ ] Shield of Eyes - don't grant CA when flanked UEMNT (D)
Deep-Pockets Cloak - draw or store an item from the cloak(AW, 1/round)    

Passives
Fragment of the Way: expend 1 PP at end of short rest to deal +1[W] with next weapon attack
Bracers of Mighty Striking - +4 damage to MBAs (Eldritch Strike)
Hat of Disguise: +5 to Bluff to pass myself off as someone else
Shield of Eyes: +2 AC vs OAs
Wielder's Action: spend AP to make attack, get 1 PP back
Superior Will: Save vs stun/daze at start of turn even if not save ends.
Flail Expertise: when I hit with a melee attack using a flail and the attack lets me slide the target, knock them prone instead
Dragging Flail: whenever I use a filail to knock an enemy prone, also slide them 1 square
Rushing Cleats: increase the push or slide effect of any close or weapon attack by 1
Hindering Shield: whenever I pull, push, or slide a creature with an attack while using a shield, slow that creature USMNT
Fail of Winds: +1 all forced movement

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Jascha the Lost

Hm, no tormented spirits after all. Instead, toady creatures. Still not very friendly.

Shaiha's acid attack creates an opening for the elf, which he is keen to take advantage of. He launches a charged arrow into the creature's exposed flank, the missile punctuated by a loud crack. Following up the attack, the elf makes a mad dash forward, to get a better position for a follow-up strike. Using this new position, Jascha launches a pair of glowing arrows at the creature that explode on impact.

Combined Fire vs AC attacking Lime Drowner (with CA): 1d20+19+2 31 Hit, 3d12+13 for 33 damage.
Granted movement: 3 to the right, 1 up.
Minor: quarry on my nearest target, which I think is Lime Drowner?
Standard: Biting Volley vs Reflex attacking Lime Drowner (forgot to include CA but doesn't matter): 2#1d20+19+1 26 27 Both hit, 2#1d12+13 22 22 2d6 4 for 48 damage.

pre:
Jascha   						 
HP: 79/79 (THP: __)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/7 (V: 20)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 29
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  28    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 26    Vision: Low-light

Sensing Eye (Minor)     [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Healing Lore    
Hunter's Quarry (M.)    [ ] Invigorating Stride              [ ] Sure Shot            
Summon Armor (Minor)    [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Flying Steel
Nimble Strike           [ ] Defensive Volley                 [ ] Attacks on the Run
Twin Strike             [ ] Disruptive Strike
                        [X] Combined Fire
                        [ ] Two-Fanged Strike
                        [X] Biting Volley
                        [ ] Wind Fury Assault

Item Powers
[ ] Screaming Bow (Daily)
[ ] Rain of Hammers Ki Focus (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Passives:

Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, can make a Stealth check to hide.
Superior Will: Can make a save against daze/stun at the start of your turn, even if it is not a (save ends) effect.
Hunter's Aim: You don't take the normal -2 penalty to attack rolls against your quarry if it has cover/concealment.
Grounding Shot: Ignore attack penalty for ranged attack vs prone target, and deal +2 damage to prone enemies.
Silt Sandals: Ignore difficult terrain and leave no tracks in dirt, sand, silt. Can move across non-solid surfaces.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

As the figures become more clear in the light of the room, their monstrous visages become clear. Each figure has a protruding lower jaw with vicious fangs pointing upwards. Three smaller ones have darting, beady black eyes. They gibber furiously to themselves in an untelligible languages. Others appear to have shorter fangs, but sharper weapons and larger eyes. One figure in the back - possibly the one that ordered the attack - is hunched over, wizened with age.

One of the gibbering figures, enraged at the loss of its comrades, throws itself into the fray against Baba and Kalakote. It shrieks an ear, and soul, piercing scream.
Mad One (Cyan)
MinorActivate Spreading Madness
Move to B9
StandardEldritch Scream vs Will (Baba, Kalakote): 2#1d20+15 25 27 5+5 10

A larger creature, more coherent than the gibbering one running about, swings a large, nasty looking hook and throws it at Kalakote. It catches him around the torso and slides him to a more desirable location.

Drowner (Orange)
MoveShift to -A11
StandardDredging Hook vs Reflex (Kalakote): 1d20+17+2 36 3d8+9 26
Slide Kalakote to A12

Following its peer’s lead, a second of the larger creatures throws a hook at Shaiha’s creation. Catching a nook, the creature pulls the creation out of the fray from its companions

Drowner (Lime)
StandardDredging Hook vs Reflex (Flameheart Defender): 1d20+17 30 3d8+9 16
Slide Flameheart Defender to i10

The most aged looking of the crew, hunched over, picks up its trident (a symbol of its status?) and points it at its three closest enemies. It croaks a few words and from the trident shoots out bolts of lightning, blinding those that do not shield their eyes quickly enough.

Lash (Pink)
StandardForked Lightning vs FORT (Baba, Kalakote, Sathain): 3#1d20+20 24 30 22 2d6+6 11
On hit, target is blinded until start of Lash’s next turn

A more smooth, streamlined creature with large eyes decides to help its friend in removing Shaiha’s creation from the battlefield.

Cutter (Red)
Move to i11
StandardBarbed Dagger vs AC (Flameheart Defender): 1d20+21 32 4d4+14 23

The final creature, dazed, manages to muster up the strength to charge at the spirit of Zevra’s mother.

Cutter (White)
StandardCharge vs AC (Zevra's Mom): 1d20+21+1 23 4d4+14 25

Mad One (Cyan) [HP: 1/1 | AC: 26 / FORT: 23 / REF: 23 / WILL 25]
Spreading Madness - Aura 1: enemies within the aura gain vuln 5 psychic
Mad One (Fuchsia) [HP: 1/1 | AC: 26 / FORT: 23 / REF: 23 / WILL 25]
Mad One (Yellow) [HP: 1/1 | AC: 26 / FORT: 23 / REF: 23 / WILL 25]

Drowner (Orange) [HP: 137/137 | AC: 30 / FORT: 26 / REF: 26 / WILL: 24]
Drowner (Lime) [HP: 50/137 | AC: 30 / FORT: 26 / REF: 26 / WILL: 24][bloodied]

Lash (Pink) [HP: 115/115 | AC: 27 / FORT: 28 / REF: 27 / WILL: 26]

Cutter (Red) [HP: 137/143 | AC: 29 / FORT: 27 / REF: 29 / WILL 26][Slowed]
Cutter (White) [HP: 108/143 | AC: 29 / FORT: 27 / REF: 29 / WILL 26][Slowed, dazed]

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Sathain wards the lightning-strike with his shield. It drives him backwards, turning him to one side--and as he turns, he vanishes, stepping through space and emerging behind the aged fish-person. His flail smashes into it and sends it flying, and Sathain follows, putting both it and one of its companions between himself and Kalakote. He whirls on the trident-wielder, and pushes it with his telekinesis. Two of his flail's three heads leave their chains, and the heavy metal balls bristle with their short spikes as they circle his target, prepared to strike in response to almost any action. He gives Kalakote a challenging smile from between the two fish-people they now engage: beat that, he seems to be saying.

---

Immediate reaction in response to the attack on me by Pink Lash: Persistent Harrier - 1d20+20=31. Fragment of the Way expends, adding 1[W] damage, for a total of 2d10+9=22 damage. Thanks to Harrier's Control, I slide it, which lets me knock it prone instead, and slide it 3 squares to -A 12.
Persistent Harrier lets Sathain teleport adjacent to it, so he teleports to -B 12, putting him adjacent to both Pink Lash and Orange Drowner. It also marks Pink Lash UEMNT, replacing my previous mark (freeing it up for someone else).

Minor action - Battlemind's Demand, marking Orange Drowner as well.
Standard action - using Impose the Will on Orange Drowner, Augment 2, with CA from flanking. 1d20+22=38.
In addition to being Prone and Marked, 2d10+9=19 more damage, and UEMTN it grants combat advantage and any attack it makes provokes Opportunity Attacks (!) from everyone who can take them.

Summary: Sathain is in -B 12. Orange Drowner is still -A 11, Marked, granting CA to everyone, provokes OAs with any attack it makes. Pink Lash is in -A 12, Marked, Prone.

Reactions: if Sathain is hit, he will retaliate with Forceful Reversal - it's a reaction so we can resolve it after the attack. If an adjacent enemy shifts away, he'll follow them with Blurred Step. He'll take OAs with Eldritch Strike (especially if Pink uses an Area attack or Orange attacks someone), knocking enemies prone and sliding them.

Statblock:
pre:
Sathain

HP: 103/103 (BV:51)          AC:	30 	Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 13/15 (V:25)	Ref:	26	Vision: Low-Light
Power Points: 6/9          Speed: 5

Power Cards
Battlemind's Demand           [ ] Persistent Harrier	    [ ] Nightmare Vortex
Mind Spike                 [ ] Dimension Slide            [ ] Intellect Hammer
Concussive Spike             [x] Impose Your Will             [ ] Battle Aspect
Thought Projection

Item

Passives
Fragment of the Way: expend 1 PP at end of short rest to deal +1[W] with next weapon attack
Flail Expertise: when I hit with a melee attack using a flail and the attack lets me slide the target, knock them prone instead
Dragging Flail: whenever I use a filail to knock an enemy prone, also slide them 1 square
Rushing Cleats: increase the push or slide effect of any close or weapon attack by 1
Hindering Shield: whenever I pull, push, or slide a creature with an attack while using a shield, slow that creature USMNT

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 19, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

When one of the creatures strikes Shaiha's creation, the attack disappears into the flow of magic. The second strike leaves a deep crack in the disc serving as its face, but with a word from Shaiha, the damage is just as soon undone. Shaiha speaks a word of arcane command. The construct rears up, a previously unseen glyph on its forehead glowing. Wind whips out at the creatures, blowing some of the construct's flames with it - but only one creature is struck. Though not quite satisfied with her work, Shaiha has to let it stand as is. Kalakote needs help. Shaiha hurries his way, activating her nightly infused healing spell. The pleasant, soothing sensation of the doctor's misty smoke fills Kalakote as his wounds seal closed.

Immediate Interrupt: Summoner's Staff. Lime Drowner must reroll its attack against the Flameheart Defender and misses.
When Lime Drowner misses Flameheart Defender, I gain 7 THP.

Start of Turn: Flameheart Defender marks Lime Drowner, Red Cutter UEoMNT.
Minor Action: Enduring Summons. Flameheart Defender regains 20 HP.
Standard Action: Gale-Force Infusion (vs. Ref; Area burst 2 centred on Flameheart Defender). Target White (22[CA], miss); target Lime (27[CA], Hit); target Red (23[CA], miss). Lime takes 13 damage. Flameheart Defender gets +4 AC UEoMNT.
Move Action: I move to C6.
Free Action: Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture targeting Kalakote. Kalakote regains HP equal to his healing surge value +8.

Flameheart Defender: 37 / 40 HP. 34 AC; 25 Fort; 30 Ref; 28 Will

Damage Summary: 13 to Lime.
Positional Summary: I am in C6.
Others' Status: White, Red marked by Flameheart Defender

pre:
Shaiha Nilil   						 
HP: 81+7/81 (THP: 00)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20

Thundering Armor       [ ] Lab Conditioning              [X] Flameheart Defender
                       [X][ ] Healing Infusion           [ ] Relentless Harrier
                       [ ] Ice Shard Traps              
                       [ ] Phantasmal Henchman          
                       [X] Gale-Force Infusion          
                       [ ] Planar Gateway               
                       [ ] Energy Conversion
                       [X] Slick Concoction
                       [X] Enduring Summons

Item Powers
[ ] Rod of Absorption (Encounter): Deactivate the aura (save ends) of a creature I hit.
[X] Summoner's Staff (Daily): Immediate Interrupt as below.
[ ] Salve of Power (Daily): Lose 1 healing surge to regain an encounter attack power.
[ ] Hero's Armour (Daily): When I spend an action point, forgo usual feature to let ally

-- When summon is hit: Attacker rerolls and must use second roll (Day [Summoner's Staff])
-- When ally is hit and dealt 9+ damage: They gain resist 9 all to the triggering attack, and 9 THP
-- When I & at least 2 allies targeted by area/close: All attacks take -5 penalty (Day [Rod of Absorption])
-- When I take damage from area/close: Halve the damage and shift 2 squares (Enc [Lab Conditioning])

Summoning:
Tome Expertise: Enemies next to my conjurations/summons grant CA. An enemy immune to fear
Summoner's Staff: When an enemy misses my summon, I or an ally within 5 of the summon gain 7 THP.

Arcane Rejuvenation

Action Point:
Summoner's Action: Give one minor action command to each summoned creature as a free action.

Other Features:
Arcane Empowerment: 1/Day, spend a short rest with a magic item: Recharge its daily power, or give its
wielder a free action to gain a +2 bonus to an attack roll after rolling once before the next extended rest.
Quick Fix: Roll Arcana to disable, identify, or sense magical phenomena, or Thievery to disable or 
identify devices, as a minor instead of a standard action. Take -4 to such checks.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Though the lightning robs him of his sight temporarily, the old man doesn't seem to care much; a wave of force washes over the gibbering madling besides him, blasting it away, as a shimmering copy of him appears in the fray further in the room and as Baba whirls his staff around, so does his mimic, striking all the enemies near it.

Standard: Dimensional Scramble Aug 1 vs Mad one Cyan and Drowner Orange at 1d20+17,1d20+19=23, 24. Hit Made One Cyan, killing it. Miss Drowner Orange. I get a +2 power bonus to defenses USOMNT.
Free: Manifest Dream Form in H10.
Move: Shift to A10.

Action Point!

Human Ingenuity: Regain 1 PP.
Dreaming Action: Get CA for the next attack against any enemy adjacent to my Dream Form.
Standard: Dream Blade (Aug 2) vs Cutter White, Drowner Lime, Cutter Red Reflex at 3x1d20+19=32,32,31. Hit all for 2d8+10=19 damage. All squares adjacent to my dream form are difficult terrain UEOMNT.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 69/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 0
Power Points:  6/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

Kinetic Buffer          [ ] Dream Blade
                        [ ] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Dominating Mind: When inflicting save ends daze, dominate or stun, target takes -2 to the first save.
Dreaming Advantage: When using an AP to make a psionic attack, gain CA against any enemy adjacent to dream form.
Staff of Expertise: Do not provoke OAs from ranged or area attacks with a staff. Melee attacks with a staff get reach 1.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Seeking retribution for the hook that pierces his side, Kalakote draws his blade up high before being struck blind! Stuck in a predicament, a whirlwind of chaos and exchanged spell effects passing before him, robbed of vision and bleeding out, this is as bad as things can get. But that's something his old friends would chuckle at, seeing travelers and city-goers panic when things get tough. Things will always get tough. It is a calming truth. A reliable one. A predictable pattern. Would being struck by maladies now be any different than when the giant arthropods of the desert spat venom and some found flesh?

No! A man must fight on and have faith. A simple trust in himself. As practiced today as it was decades ago, Kalakote brings his blade down once, the Pink Drowner evading the big swing. He rises again, passes to one side and anticipates the desire of the smaller beings to mob him. His sword drives into the Orange Drowner from above like the blade of an righteous mounted cavalry, the size difference and his own anger pushing further into the fiend's shoulder until he feels the sweet, smashing relief of the blade passing to the stone, finding no further resistance in angler-man flesh. He can't see it but he knows: the Drowner has just repaid it's debt in viscera back two-fold, for his blade's passage did find a brief detour through the creature's thigh as well. He withdraws in a careful, measured pace, waiting for the scrambling counterattack.

Soon restored, he whispers thanks to the "Blessed Doctor."

Free: Ruby Scabbard for +1 Damage to next Damage roll.
Minor: Divine Strength, gain +6 Damage on next Attack and +2 F/R/W UEONT.
Standard: Strength from Valor CRIT on Orange Drowner, Miss Pink Drowner. 33 + 14 Crit Bonus for 57 Damage to Orange Drowner, -1 AC to Oranger Drowner(Save Ends), Gain 5 THP, Orange Drowner is Slowed UEOMNT.
Move: Shift 1 to B11.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 87/105 (THP: 5)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27(29)	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22(24)	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26(28)      Vision: Normal
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

Body Equilibrium        [X] Divine Strength        [ ] Frenzying Smite
                        [X] Strength from Valor    [ ] Piercing(I)
                        [ ] Valiant Rush           [ ] Octogram(I)
                        [ ] Force of Arms  
                        [X] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [X] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Jascha the Lost

Jascha frowns, nocks a pair of arrows, and launches them at one of the monstrosities. When it staggers backwards and falls over dead, his frown fades into a barely-visible smile.

Standard: Two-Fanged Strike vs AC on Lime Drowner, my quarry: 2#1d20+19+1 30 33 2#1d12+13 20 25 2d6 10 Both hit, total of 55 damage (actually 59 because if both hit, you deal +WIS (+4) damage, but that's kinda immaterial). Lime Drowner is dead.
Minor: Quarry on White Cutter.

pre:
Jascha   						 

Nimble Strike           [ ] Defensive Volley                 [ ] Attacks on the Run
                        [X] Combined Fire
                        [X] Two-Fanged Strike
                        [X] Biting Volley
                        [ ] Wind Fury Assault

Item Powers
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Passives:

Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, can make a Stealth check to hide.
Superior Will: Can make a save against daze/stun at the start of your turn, even if it is not a (save ends) effect.
Hunter's Aim: You don't take the normal -2 penalty to attack rolls against your quarry if it has cover/concealment.
Grounding Shot: Ignore attack penalty for ranged attack vs prone target, and deal +2 damage to prone enemies.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Zevra lifts a hand, catching her mother's reeling spirit and sending it into Sathain to guide his hand.

Minor action: Dismiss Zevra's mom.
Free Action: Summon Zevra's mom adjacent to Sathain.
Move action: move up 3 squares adjacent to Jascha, bringing Ghost Dog along.
Standard Action: Spirit Infusion on Sathain, letting him shift one square as a free action and make a basic attack with +2 to hit and +4 to damage. Zevra's mom vanishes.
Free action: Summon Zevra's mom adjacent to Jascha and Zevra.

pre:
Haunted Zevra   						 
HP: 81/81 (THP:)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 26

[ ] Engaging Pursuit
                        [ ] Insightful Warning
			[ ]Twilight’s Veil

Ghost Dog Companion

Conditionals/Passives:

Resist 10 Fire
Elemental Spirit: Allies adjacent to the Spirit Companion gain +2 to saving throws
Spirit of Vigor: When Spirit is summoned as a minor action, one adjacent ally gains +4 Temp HP
Healing Spirit: When Healing spirit is used, target makes a saving throw, one ally adjacent to 
Spirit’s Step: When Spirit Companion is dismissed, one adjacent ally can shift 1 square, +1 to hit any adjacent enemies.
Spiteful Retaliation: if enemy’s attack causes spirit to disappear, enemy is dazed UENT.
Spirit Companion: Conjuration. Uses Zevra's defenses. Can’t flank. Occupies 1 square. 
Allies can move through, enemies can’t.  Can make OAs from enemy movement but nothing else.
 Can only be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If dealt 16 damage by single attack, disappears, and Zevra takes
11 damage. Can’t be affected by conditions or forced movement, ignores difficult and hazardous terrain.
Dog Companion Aura: Allies adjacent to dog companion can teleport within aura as move action, 

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 21, 2018

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Sathain

Hello again, Sathain thinks at Zevra's mother, playfully. Smoothly, as though used to it, he hands off mental control of one of the spiked metal flail-heads spinning through the air around one of their enemies, letting Zevra's mother's spirit fling it into the fish-creature's back.

---

Granted basic attack: Eldritch Strike with +2 AB/+4 damage and CA. Attack against Orange Drowner: 1d20+20+2+2=39 to hit, for 1d10+13+4=23 damage. Orange Drowner is also prone now.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Drowner (Orange) [HP: 38/137 | AC: 30 (29)/ FORT: 26 / REF: 26 / WILL: 24][Bloodied, Slowed]
Lash (Pink) [HP: 93/115 | AC: 27 / FORT: 28 / REF: 27 / WILL: 26]
Cutter (Red) [HP: 118/143 | AC: 29 / FORT: 27 / REF: 29 / WILL 26]
Cutter (White) [HP: 89/143 | AC: 29 / FORT: 27 / REF: 29 / WILL 26]

Drowner (Orange)
Move Stand from prone
Standard Dredging Hook vs Reflex (Sathain): 1d20+17 27 3d8+9 25
Sathain is slid to -A10

Sathain's OA: Eldritch Strike vs AC: 1d20+18+2 30 1d10+8 9

Lash (Pink)
Move Stand from prone
StandardFIll Lungs vs FORT (Sathain): 1d20+20 32 2d6+7 15
On hit, target is slowed and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both)

Cutter (White)
Move+Standard Charge to C7 Barbed Dagger vs AC (Shaiha): 1d20+21+1-2 23 4d4+14 25

Cutter (Red)
Move Shift to H12
Standard Charge to C12 Barbed Dagger vs AC (Kalakote): 1d20+21+1-2 34 4d4+14 22

Drowner (Lime)
Move Shift to G12
Standard Charge to D7 Hook vs AC (Shaiha): 1d20+19+1 27 3d8+9 18

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

As the fish-creature lashes out with its hook, Sathain catches it with the second circling metal ball, knocking it right back down and sending it sliding across the floor. Mentally, he lets his allies know he's clustering the enemies up for them: "Incoming! Hit them hard!"

When the older fish-creature lashes out at him with water, Sathain's shield flares with light, sending it staggering back--and then he whips his flail in an overhead motion, as though he's going to throw it. The last ball comes off, and hits the fish-creature square int he chest, sending it staggering back and then shoving it with terrible force to the side, towards the growing cluster of its allies.

Sathain immediately follows up on the momentum he's generated, even though he's coughing up wa.ter and squinting. He lurches towards one of the remaining creature, metal balls hurtling back through the air towards him and reattaching to his flail just in time for him to weave to one side and lash out at his target. He catches its legs with his flail and sends it down, his telekinesis hurling it, too, towards the growing cluster of its allies.

---

In addition to the damage, Sathain's Eldritch Strike OA deals +4 from his bracers for a total of 13. It also knocks Drowner Orange prone again, and slides it to C9, making it miss Sathain. That leaves Sathain in -B 11.

When he's hit by Pink, Sathain uses Forceful Reversal (Aug 2) as an immediate reaction: 1d20+20=34 to hit, for 2d10+9=25 force damage, pushing Pink up to 6 (CHA +2) squares, then knocking it prone, which also lets me slide it up to 3 *more* squares and slow it. Pink ends prone and slowed at B8.

Start of turn - Sathain takes 5 ongoing.

Move action - slowed to 2, so I'll use Dimension Slide to teleport myself 3 to B12. Kalakote can slide 1 as well.
Standard action - attack Cutter Red with Eldritch Strike: 1d20+20=30, hitting it for 1d10+13=23 damage, knocking it prone, slowing it, and sliding it 3 to D9.

All of the enemies are now in squares adjacent to C8, for easy AoE-ing.

Save: 1d20=5, failing - slowed and ongoing damage stay :(

STATUS: 83/103 HP, 4/9 PP, Slowed and Ongoing 5 (save ends)

pre:
HP: 83/103 (BV:51)          AC:	30 	Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 15/15 (V:25)	Ref:	26	Vision: Low-Light
Power Points: 4/9          Speed: 5

Power Cards
Battlemind's Demand           [x] Persistent Harrier	    [ ] Nightmare Vortex
Mind Spike                 [x] Dimension Slide            [ ] Intellect Hammer
Concussive Spike             [x] Impose Your Will             [ ] Battle Aspect
Thought Projection

Item

Passives

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 28, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Though Sathain says nothing as he starts piling the creatures up, Shaiha follows along. She spins the space between them into a snarl, barely held in place and ready to violently snap back into place. Carefully, she retreats away from the cluster, sending her flame construct forth to take her place.

Immediate Interrupt when Cutter Red hits Kalakote: Energy Conversion. Kalakote gains resist 9 against the attack, and gains 9 THP after it's resolved.

Minor Action: Flameheart Defender moves to D6.
Move Action: I shift to C5.
Standard Action: Planar Gateway in C8. When an enemy starts its turn next to the planar gateway or enters a square adjacent to it, I make the following attack against it as an OA: +18 vs. Will; 3d6+11 damage and slide the target 3 squares. With the slides, I will attempt to move enemies adjacent to Flameheart Defender.
I teleport to C3.

Flameheart Defender: 37 / 40 HP. 34 AC; 25 Fort; 30 Ref; 28 Will

Positional Summary: I am in C3; Flameheart Defender is in D6.
Others' Status: Reminder: All enemies next to my conjurations or summons grant CA.

pre:
Shaiha Nilil   						 
HP: 81+7/81 (THP: 00)      AC:   28    Passive Insight: 20

[X][ ] Healing Infusion           [ ] Relentless Harrier
                       [ ] Ice Shard Traps              
                       [ ] Phantasmal Henchman          
                       [X] Gale-Force Infusion          
                       [X] Planar Gateway               
                       [X] Energy Conversion
                       [X] Slick Concoction
                       [X] Enduring Summons

Item Powers
[X] Summoner's Staff (Daily): Immediate Interrupt as below.

Summoning:

Arcane Rejuvenation

Action Point:

Other Features:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Taking advantage of Sathain's repositioning, Baba calls down a pall of psychic energy amidst the maddened fishmen, hoping to quiet them down before too long. He sidesteps to complete the surrounding of their foes, with his manifested copy flanking the group on the other side.

Standard: Dishearten Aug 2 centered on C8 vs ALL enemies Will at 6x1d20+19=21,23,21,33,32,31. Starting top-left and going clockwise, and getting a bonus from Sathain (post below) so miss Lash Pink and Drowner Orange. Hit Aqua, Cutter Red, Drowner Lime, and Cutter White for 2d6+10=22 psychic damage and they take -2 to attacks UEOMNT.
Move: Shift 1 to A9. Move Dream Form to D9.
Minor: Mind Shroud. I gain superior cover and am slowed UEOMNT.

pre:
Kayode   						 
HP: 69/80 (THP: )        AC:   29    Passive Insight: 25
Initiative: +12  	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 0
Power Points:  4/8       Languages: Common, Primordial

Kinetic Buffer          [X] Dream Blade
                        [X] Mind Shroud
                        [ ] Oath of Enmity
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Raven Cloak (Daily)
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 29, 2018

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Using Adept's Insight as a free action (Aug 1) to add 1d4+1=3 to Baba's 23, for a total of 26, which hits. Baba - whichever target you were attacking with the 23 does get hit after all.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Renewed and invigorated multiple times, Kalakote roars as he turns and raises his sword overhead! Pain is an illusion as his vision returns and he sees past the dull blade barely poking him. Instead he moves in a smooth motion, propelled by Sathain to the side of his old foe. Defilement rips across his armor and blade for a second before it comes home with perfect accuracy and mulches the fish from jaw to hip!

Free: Granted Slide to B10.
Minor: Octogram Daily to regain Channel Divinity.
Move -> Minor: Divine Strength for +6 Damage.
Standard: Force of Arms vs Orange Drowner with +4 from Divine Strength/Force of Arms effect, +2 CA, +2 vs Prone. Hits for 36 Damage, killing Orange Drowner.

pre:
Kalakote PDF  						 
HP: 80/105 (THP: 9)         AC:	27	Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 12/12 (V: 31)	For:	27(29)	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +8		Ref:	22(24)	Action Points: 0/1
Speed: 7		Will:	26(28)      Vision: Normal
DR 1, Resist 5 Necrotic

Body Equilibrium        [X] Divine Strength        [ ] Frenzying Smite
                        [X] Strength from Valor    [ ] Piercing(I)
                        [ ] Valiant Rush           [X] Octogram(I)
                        [X] Force of Arms  
                        [X] Lawbreaker's Doom
                        [ ] Dispensed Justice
                        [ ] Red Death
                        [ ] Leaping(I)
                        [X] Scabbard(I)

Passives:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Move Action: Zevra's Mom moves adjacent to Kalakote. Zevra and Dog swap places.
Minor action: Healing Spirit on Sathain: Saithain spends a healing surge and gains healing plus 6 Temp HP plus he makes a saving throw. Healing bounces to Kalakote for Healing: 3d6 11 healing.
Standard action: Spirit Infusion on Kalakote, Zevra's Mom disappears granting a free 1 square shift and a Melee Basic Attack with +2 to hit and +4 to damage.
Free action: Summon Zevra's Mom in C8.

TLDR: Zevra and dog swap places, Zevra's Mom is in C8, Kalakote gets a free MBA and ll HP, Sathain gets a free saving throw and healing surge +6 TMPHP.

pre:
Haunted Zevra   						 
HP: 81/81 (THP:)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 26

[ ] Engaging Pursuit
                        [ ] Insightful Warning
			[ ]Twilight’s Veil

Ghost Dog Companion

Conditionals/Passives:

Resist 10 Fire
 Can only be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If dealt 16 damage by single attack, disappears, and Zevra takes
11 damage. Can’t be affected by conditions or forced movement, ignores difficult and hazardous terrain.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 2, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kalakote PDF

Granted guidance, Kalakote continues to move and draws his blade up after the momentum of his slaying the Drowner. His new path finds the Cutter forced to take his blade's edge! The paltry tools it uses to rake at flesh are cast aside by the sheer might and size of the giant's greatsword and great compensation is paid unto the angler-man, right through the side!

Granted Movement: Shift to C10
Granted Attack: Hit Red Cutter for 27 Damage and -1 AC(Save Ends.)

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Jascha the Lost

While his companions wreak all kinds of havoc, Jascha calmly repositions himself and launches an arrow volley at one of the creatures. One of the arrows goes wide, but the second finds its mark.

Move to C4
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC vs White Cutter: 2#1d20+19+1+2 (Quarry, CA) 24 Miss! 30 Hit! 2#1d12+7 10 19 2d6 3 Dealing 22 damage total to White Cutter.

pre:
Jascha   						 

[X] Combined Fire
                        [X] Two-Fanged Strike
                        [X] Biting Volley
                        [ ] Wind Fury Assault

Item Powers
[ ] Silt Sandals (Daily)

Conditionals/Passives:

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
As a cutter falls, the older of the fish creatures throws down its trident and stares down the party - not a total surrender, but conceding the loss. It does not appear to want to lose any more of its people to the party. The remaining creatures follow suit, throwing down their weapons. The leader steps forward, ahead of the others. The leader attempts to speak something resembling Common but, aside from the words it shouted at the start of the scuffle, its words are a difficult to understand dialect. It sounds firm, possibly as though it is trying to negotiate?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Keeping his staff at the ready, Baba first looks to the party as the fishman speaks. "Everyone alright?" he asks. When he gets more or less everyone's affirmation to the matter, he cocks his head at the still warbling enemy. "Well, I can't understand him. Maybe our friend from the temple can translate?"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Iole appears in a swirling mist and listens patiently to the fish creatures. After a few moments of nodding and "mmhmm"s, Iole turns to the party with her interpretation. "They speak a very odd dialect of Common, even for my time. Their leader says they are the descendants of the people who inhabited this village. They have proudly guarded this temple for millennia. They...wish for you to state your business to negotiate, since they cannot afford more loss of life."

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Jascha the Lost

The elf stows his bow, crosses his arms, and scoffs. "Perhaps, if they wanted to avoid loss of life, they should not have attacked us. I see little reason to 'negotiate' with an enemy already beaten."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Iole relays Jascha's dismissal to the creatures. The elder creature takes an offended, indignant stance and his speech becomes pressured and forceful. Iole manages to soothe him, but turns back to the party. "He respectfully wishes to point out that you trespassed in their home. However, if it means you will leave they are willing to help however they can." She casts a sidelong glance at the fish creatures and back to the party. "I would suggest you take the offer..."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
After a tense standoff, all but the elder creature scatter and vanish. The elder fish creature looks to Iole, croaking something out in its odd dialect, then follows its subordinates back in the darkness. Iole appears confused but delivers the message to the party nonetheless.

Iole turns to the party to relay the creature’s message. “The creature says that no one has ever approached the door because there was a mysterious air pocket surrounding it. They hope you heed this warning. Unfortunately...I do not know much of what occurred here. Rumors reached their way to my mountain that this site was the site of a great cataclysm...what that was, we are uncertain.”

Now that the fish creatures have fully departed, this allows the opportunity to better gain their bearings on the room. The current room has dripping water on the walls and from the ceiling, seemingly coming through the stonework. The room itself is largely bare, save for a door on the back wall. There are some signs of wear on the floor, suggesting that at one point there may have been intense foot traffic in this room.

The door on the back wall appears to be wooden - somehow untouched by time or the elements. In a circle about six inches around the door, the stonework appears to be in similar condition. The door itself glows with a turquoise rune.
(Passive Arcana: you recognize this as a creatively reworked warding rune - this one has been used to repel the water that flooded the temple, as though someone planned for it to happen)

The door swings open with an ear-splitting creak, leading into a final room. The room’s walls are lined with moldering tomes. A shadowy figure is hunched over a lectern at the back of the room. In one hand, it holds a sphere – similar to the one found in Iole’s temple- with swirling blue dust inside. In the other hand, it gingerly flips through a damp-looking page of a book. Upon hearing the door creak, its concentration is broken. It looks up angrily and shouts “who DARES disturb my studies?”

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba's rather astounded at the reaction; but the old merchant has not gotten this old without knowing how to play a conversation. "Fellow explorers and researchers, seeking to divine the nature of this place, good sir. We were unaware others were still here, but it is good to see another living soul! You may call me Kayode; might I inquire after your name?"

Diplomacy to be a friendly face if necessary at 1d20+8=22.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

"Is he a living soul?" Zevra murmurs, mostly to herself. Talking to herself has become a habit after years spent alone, surrounded by voices only she can hear.

Avra manifests. "Is that a rhetorical question?"

"Nope," Zevra says, and opens her inner eye to gaze at the figure with spirit sight.

Perception: 1d20+18 21
womp womp.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

The being sets the sphere down on a stand next to the lectern with a stern "thunk", as though he were about to scold a gaggle of children. "I shall call you what I please, intruder. My name is Antaeus. Your lack of awareness of this place is concerning...considering you call yourselves researchers. But nonetheless, I am a researcher in the summoning arts - particularly of the elemental variety. Long ago, I brought the primordial being Brasexei into the world, at this very temple - the high temple of Mahi'ai, the water god - from her elemental plane to do battle with the very Gods themselves. I have sequestered myself here to continue my studies...in peace."

The figure glowers at the group before him, "since you have already interrupted me...what is it, specifically, that you want?"

Perception: This figure is clearly an undead being

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 24, 2018

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Jascha the Lost

Jascha furrows his brow. This being claims to have summoned forth a creature to battle the long-dead gods--how old is this shambling thing?

"Summoned? In what... year?"

The passage of time may have been meaningless to it, but perhaps it knew the date before it locked itself away. And if it sought to kill the gods of the world, this creature may be extremely dangerous...

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
If Antaeus had eyebrows, he would have raised one. "Strange researchers, not knowing their history lessons. Brasexei entered our plane in the 744th year of the Era of the Authority of Heaven. When I descended into these chambers, the people of this world still kissed the feet of our wretched gods. I, and other like-minded peers, thought - nay, knew - that Athas and its people held so much potential, if only we had access to power locked away by these gods. The only way to advance this world was to destroy the remnants of the old - the gods. To surpass the gods in their might was something we had only dreamed of. I have been sequestered here since that day - finding new ways to continue to advance us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Kayode "Baba" Babatunde

Baba gawks for a moment. He can't help it. As far as Athasian memory goes there has only been ruin. But this fellow... "If your aim was to destroy the gods, sir, you have succeeded; but 'twas not potential that that wrought. Instead Athas is almost entirely sand and stone, its people hard and bloody by necessity. You speak of a time before any of us, before any living or recorded memory; so you must forgive us our ignorance. Gods no longer control the people; 'tis the Sorcerer-Kings that have taken their place, their powers great and their ambitions cruel." He sighs. "But we make do. The peoples survive, in their own way. Your quest, however...I'm afraid it is at an end. The world has passed you and your fellows by."