Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Half magicite stam is amazing and it should stay like this forever.

It actually gets better in a month or three, when all magicite becomes 20 stamina permanently, rather than this 30 stamina half-price deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Lechtansi posted:

So, I've been getting the itch to play this game again after a long time. I quit just as OSBs were introduced, so I have no idea what any of this new fangled stuff is. I somehow have over 800 mythril still, so I could at least probably get up to speed with the current gear.

Whats the current meta? Any new must have abilities that I need to whale for? Is there a good catch up guide anywhere?

Peruse the new original post, but briefly:

• Magicites (unlocked by beating all the Nightmare dungeons) are the current hardest content and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Accordingly, they are heavily influencing the "chase-worthy" relics. Magicites heavily resist debuffs (so breaks are falling out of favor), and each has an elemental weakness (so everyone is trying to make a strong team for every element, except poison which gets no magicite).
  • "Legend Dives" are now available to most characters once you fill out their 3* and 4* record dives. These can provide strong stat bonuses and, more importantly, two "legend materia". These operate like record materia, but are unique to the character that unlocks them and can't be shared. They have varying quality, so be careful before legend diving someone. Generally the "chance to dualcast X" are prized.
  • Burst Soul Breaks are falling by the wayside due to the shift to the "ability meta" and Ultra Soul Breaks. USBs tend to offer strong effects, and the DPS ones tend to work very well with one or two specific 5* abilities. 5* abilities almost all got buffed just recently to 4+ hits with high multipliers. So generally the idea is to hone up the 5* abilities to rank 3+ and use those in conjunction with (or instead of!) soul breaks.
  • Speed is also becoming more key to battles. Mostly this translates to spamming 5* abilities instead of building up gauges with lifesiphon and such. However, this also means "wrathbots" or "entrustbots" are becoming more common on teams. These are 5* support units whose job is only (or primarily) to wrath up gauge quickly and entrust to other characters to get SBs up quickly or to spam multiple SBs. The FFVII character Shelke is currently the best in global, and can be worth legend diving even without any relics for this purpose. Her legend materia lets her start with haste and instant cast 3, which means she can get someone a full SB gauge before turn 2, allowing the target to bring a damage-increasing RM instead of a SB gauge-boosting RM.

saltylopez posted:

Is this the second time they've offered this series of pulls? They did this in the leadup to the 3rd anniversary in JP too right?

Yup.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Prism posted:

I dug my copy of FFTA2 out so I could play it when I travel later this month, mostly because of this event.

I'm not proud.

FFTA2 is much better than FFTA1 (and so far does not have any representation in FFRK). Nothing to be ashamed of.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

One thing he does have over primary spellblades is the ability to deal holy damage and better earth abilities through Knight 6 which is not nothing especially for beginners with a shallow relic pool.

I'm becoming of the opinion that versatility outside of you "main job" is no longer very valuable, at least for DPS characters. Steiner's dive is more "elemental" focused than pure spellblade, but it certainly seems like most of his stuff is designed around spellblade usage. I don't see bringing Steiner to a holy or earth-weak fight; you'll probably bring characters that specialize in that element.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

wizard on a water slide posted:

3/11: Basch's BSB, Cait Sith's crit SSB, and my third copy of Reks's Diamond Shield. I'm doing at least two pulls on the upcoming FF12 banner for the husband effect, and I'm going to absolutely poo poo if I pull more Reks relics.

Basch's cmd1 actually sounds like it might be really good on a holy team, if one level of imperil is enough to activate 5x hits. Pity he doesn't have some broken LM to pair with that.

Any amount of weakness (even a half-imperil 10% weakness from various LM and machinist ability effects) trigger the "more x when hitting weakness" criteria.

Edit: assuming they started neutral. You have to stack enough imperils to get them at least slightly weak to the element if they resist it by default.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Philouza posted:

Lucky Draw went 1/11 getting Reno's en-lightning LMR, for whom I have no relics.

Good news is I stumbled upon a sub-30 Golem method. The party if anyone's interested:

Fujin - Faith on Alph, ninja magic until BSB
Shadow - RW, ninja magic, trigger Enkidu when needed.
Alph - Protect, BSB
Vanille - Shell, heal
Cid - MM, BSB, Meltdown

Thanks for this! I could replicate it entirely. I even screwed up and had Alph cast his SSB near the end instead of recasting his BSB, and had Raines cast memento mori again instead of another meltdown, and still got it. As as suggestion, you might put the TGC RM3 on Vanille instead of Shadow and have her cast the RW. I gave Shadow Edge's 99 RM for ninja damage up, and he was hitting for 9999 with the 4* sleep magic ninja ability.

Edit: And if anyone was considering playing in JP, now seems like a good time to start. They're beginning the "happy draws" of 1 G5 3-pull for 5 mythril for each realm (combining XV, T-0, and FFT), and it sounds like there's going to be a ton of great draws. Starting now would let you build up some stamina and a little stash of mythril from the realm dungeons.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 6, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

so while a chain SSB is active, everyone gets a +20% damage boost to chain element and then +X% boost to chain element based on chain counter? If so I never realized the +20% initial boost thing so I have been writing them off...

Yeah, that's mostly why they're so strong. The 20% damage boost doesn't care if they're already at max weakness or max imperil, it's just a straight-up damage boost. Since every chain but Zack's starts with at least 11% on the chain, just initiating the CSB is a 30%+ damage boost immediately, plus any other goodies the CSB brings. Of course, the ability revamp making almost everything 4-hit doesn't hurt either.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Stirdog posted:

If you go to your inventory where you can sell items, you can sort by soul break and then the sub-category of un-mastered. It gives you exactly what you're looking for I think.

Keep in mind that this only shows unmastered SOUL BREAKS. Unmastered LMRs are not soul breaks, and so they are not put at the top of the list.

And so hey, I've joined the big boy's club in JP!

Sub-10 magicite, baby!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

:stare: what kind of setup does a sub-10 require? I feel like at 10 seconds I've just entered my first command for everyone and hit my RW.

Shaved off a second and a half, even without him trancing Terra.

Each character only gets about 3 turns in, so even R2 abilities would work. I don't use the RW and the magicite doesn't have time to charge up. I don't use any mitigation at all, so it's just:

All Shelke does is wrath, wrath, entrust to Terra for a bit over a full bar. She gets another turn but can't do anything useful.
Edge goes next, and all he does is spam the 5* ninja fire ability and hope for doublecasts.
Locke goes next and casts his fire CSB, then uses an ability or two.
Onion Knight goes next and has his instant cast 2 LMR. He casts his BSB, which goes off before any attacks, and then spams meltdown and hopes for doublecasts.
Terra has TGC RM, and her doublecast fire LMR. She spams chain firaga (hoping for doublecasts), and then uses her UOSB on her third turn, I think it is. Hopefully she gets tranced before then, although depending on the amount of doublecasts I get it might not matter.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

wizard on a water slide posted:

We were *so mythril fat* for a minute there

I assume that is the royal "we". I didn't get a blue cent out of those lousy renewal dungeon, so I have not been feeling particularly mythril fat.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

HPanda posted:

drat, kinda hoping for some schedule fuckery to happen here to space these out. VI, Locke especially, is my jam. But Onion Knight is also awesome, and this would all be just after whatever we get for December Fest. My mithril will not be able to keep up.

These are thematic preference draws. Just want more relics for all of these characters.

If you're especially into Locke, you may also consider the banner JP currently has up, https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7gk5ix/the_returners_strikes_back_jp_megathread_vi/

It's got Locke's Ultra OSB, his USB2, his Flash Tech SB, his BSB2, and his LMR. Only thing it's really missing is his CSB. Then again, this banner will likely come just before whatever we're about to get in JP for Winter Fest. They just loooove putting FFVI events right before fests.

For JP's Winter Fest, we're at least getting the 15 Happy Gatcha pulls (75 mythril total), three lucky draws including a USB-only LD (another 75 mythril), and two banners full of "meta defining/changing" SBs from the game, at full price each (that's another 100). And then there's the actual fest banners. So if you were to pull once on everything, that's 250 mythril before you even get to the fest banners. Brutal.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I was already thinking the same thing. It'll be at least a month until I have enough motes to be ready to full dive anyone anyways and I still have 837 mythril left from the event reruns so I'll have lots of new toys to consider.

The wait for SuperFest or whatever we get is making me crazy.

Mrgrgrr....

Your list of relics already far surpasses mine, and you still have over 800 mythril in the bank?? Seriously, USB/LMR Tidus, USB Bartz, USB Lightning, BSB2 Squall, full waifu Ramza... I can see where my luck has been getting sent due to a bank error.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Yay first magicite. Unfortunately for the circle of loot, I have jack all for ice options. Is there a good Intro to Magicite to help parse what to do with all these things and which don't suck?

Every magicite can drop three different 3* magicites. Two of those have an effect when you summon them and tend to provide buffs or resistances to an element, and buffs to a main stat (atk/mag/def/res/mnd). The third magicite has no summon ability, and they tend to have a more esoteric buff rather than a stat buff (increased critical chance or damage, or small health buff or whatever). These buffs don't kick in until level 90, and are terrible until 99, and even then they're generally too small a buff to be worth it. If you're using a drop tracker to farm specific magicites instead of relying on RNG, try to avoid those "tertiary" magicites, as they're generally worse than the other two.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah, that's the dailies revamp. Again, JP didn't get this fest (they got two smaller fest instead; they were arguably better because they were only 3 banners each and tended to have 3 CSBs on each banner, as opposed to the 1-2 per banner it looks like we'll be getting), so it's hard to say on the orbfest issue. JP did not have an orbfest for their 3rd anniversary (coming up for global in March), but had all the dailies open instead. It sounds like for the upcoming fest in JP, they're doing the dailies thing again, but there may be some sort of limited-access orbfest, where you get "tickets" each day you can use to run a special dungeon. The dailies thing instead of an orbfest is honestly kinda lame, since you do dailies all the time anyway and it's not special, the XP is bad, and you don't get gil. You'd be surprised how much you rely on orbfest gil to avoid ever needing money, but long time players probably have more gil than they know what to do with.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Once again this fest seems specifically designed to gently caress with me. As many of you are aware I'm F2P (except for 100 gems here and there, with an abysmally low success rate) and not exactly blessed in my pulls, and yet I have 3,1,3,5,5 dupes on these banners. The only 6* I have is Rinoa's CSB, so I can't even go after the one banner with 3 CSBs. I have the fewest dupes on Banner 2 which only has 1 chain and is generally crap. I don't even know what to do with this stupid fest now. My hopes of collecting a few chains feel pretty dashed already.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Three dupes isn't terrible, mind.

And most normal banners have only max one chain so rolling on banner 2 is pretty much equal to a normal banner but with the flak SSBs taken out.

That's true, but on the other hand the only things anyone cares about on banner 2 is Ingus CSB, Bartz USB, and maybe Maria BSB (which is my one dupe). Everything else is entirely mediocre, which probably makes it worse than a normal banner.

I'll probably throw a single pull at banners 1, 2, and 3, but they're far from exciting. At least most of the dupes on banner 1 are +fire, so they won't be a total waste. I'd have loved to get the two chains, Lightning USB, Squall BSB2, Shelke BSB, and even Squall LMR and Lenna BSB2 on banner 4, but five dupes pretty much rules out pulling on that one.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Armitage posted:

Honestly, Earth stuff is what I currently lack. I could use more options other than Ingus’ BSB, Rinoa’s BSB1 and Emperor’s USB Imperil. I’d definitely try to pull on this, depending on how the BSB/6* luckies end up.

With that said, I'll probably just get Ingus' BSBs since I feel like I’m kinda good at getting dupes.

Yeah, if you really need Earth is a good place to pull. It's just a shame there are so very few good Earth relics. That's probably why a lot of people lack good Earth options- because Earth relics are basically never interesting or exciting and nobody pulls for them.

Attestant posted:

Tidus Chain Soul Break
- 11xST Water physical dmg, activate Water Limit Chain, party Quickcast 2

When it comes to this fest, this cannot be overstated: Chains are absolutely loving bonkers. They are by far the best way to increase elemental damage of an entire party, eclipsing Imperils outrights while stacking with them. To quickly summarize, every hit of the chains element will increase the damage bonus of a chain by +1%, up to 200%. This means that a quick succession of hits = shitload of damage with the later hits. And so Tidus opens up this banner with a very strong one. The chains that grant the entire party quick cast are very good at racking up those high chain counts, as your DPS can quickly follow the chain with a flurry of actions. As chains are rather short, this is a huge boon. Verdict: Extremely strong chain.

So you don't mention it and I think a lot of people don't know- in addition to the bonus damage from the chain (the 0%-99% boost based on hits), every chain ALSO gives a flat, across-the board 20% boost to that element. This stacks even if the enemy is at max imperil or full 100% weakness, and is in addition to the chain bonus itself. So chains that start with 11 hits immediately grant a 31% damage bonus. I think this is sort of key to why chains are so crazy- you immediately get a huge damage boost even before you start building the chain.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

saltylopez posted:

See: Galuf's USB which is nearly single-handedly making me question if I should pull on banner 2 (bartz USB is my only dupe and the other reason I'm apprehensive).

Yeah, Galuf's USB is awful. It's the standard Vessel of Fate atk/mag/hastega suite, but whereas Rikku gets Proshellga (saving a bunch of ability slots and the need to bring two White/bard 4s, and several turns of casting stuff at the start of a fight), and Onion Knight on his 5* BSB gets a self full 20% to all stats Burst mode buff, and reasonably strong physical and magical commands that grant instant cast, Galuf just gets.... Enearth. :geno: And you know who bad hastega users are? People with virtually no access to +mnd gear, and/or DPS characters who have to massively sacrifice their offensive capabilities to bring Mnd stuff. Like Galuf.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

I have ~50-60 5* motes in most types. I assume that doesn't amount to much, understandably. I've got sentinel's grimoire, but not the yshtola one. I assume I'd put a record materia that would give him automatic access to the soul break at the beginning of battle for those harder fights? And thank you, I just didn't want to come up in here stuffing up the joint with noob poo poo.

I've copied the the stuff you've all listed for future reference. One quick other question for now, my lvl99s are Luneth, DK Cecil, Lenna, Terra, Celes, Sabin, Sephiroth, Rinoa, Garnet, Noctis, Ramza, Agrias, and of course Tyro. In your opinions, is there a good party to be put together here? Just purely stat wise and with available abilities et cetera, gear aside (Though I have a decent amount of gear for most of them)

I'm just trying to nab that lvl 3 crystal before the event ends. So I guess additionally, if I get that, who should I get to 99 next?

You should check out the Dischord chat if you have questions. The guys there are very helpful, and there's even a "new players questions" section for asking about "noob poo poo."

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Physician’s Staff you say...

I just know if I roll on this LD I’ll be getting it to 7*.

Must. Stay. Strong.

Hey. That's a +holy stat stick.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

Pulled on the BSB banner to get...

Gaffgarion (dupe) and Echo.

I would probably have been happier with 1/11 Tiny Bee. (Seriously, what the hell is Echo's BSB even designed for?)

Echo has Dancer 5, so basically she can bring the full break and power BD dances, and her BSB supplies a magic break dance command, a 40% party heal, and a stacking faithga. It's actually not bad.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

DeNA really overvalues reraise in this game. As in, the relics with reraise are almost always really really bad compared to the competition.

Rem: Party guts + reraise
Raijin: Party guts, high regen, and instant cast 1
Edge: Party guts, hastega, and physical blink; instant cast

I mean, come on. Reraise loving blows. It's why Eiko's unique SB that grants hastega + cura medica is better than her SSB that gives reraise + cura medica.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

I agree DeNA seems to think Reraise is a lot better than it actually is, but time has actually not been -that- unkind to it - reraise was actually a lot worse back in the pre-multiplayer, pre-entrustbotting days, where rebuffing was so much at a premium that revival of any sort was always a waste of time. DeNA at least is learning to slap Reraise/Raise on combos where it isn’t completely trivialized (best example being Yuna’s USB. Deuce’s USB also isn’t a terrible example) - Reraise isn’t so bad when it’s part of an ampler package, it’s just an awful sales pitch. This said, reraise - and revival as a whole - will possibly see a decent improvement in the upcoming Torment Renewal, since permament Sentinel’s Grimoire effect mitigates one of Reraise’s biggest issues considerably.

I mean, Deuce and Yuna USBs work better because they're Raise, and apply several other buffs to the newly raised people that helps them stay alive and contribute; that does not apply to reraise, where you are always brought back without any other buffs. Reraise is real bad outside of fights where all the damage is piercing.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if, say, FFX or FFT0 Torments had bosses with Auto-hit Doom or Death attacks, since that bypasses Last Stand and forces you to pack some kind of revival for those incredibly lengthy fights.

Realm Chain RWs also mean that 'needing to rebuff' is less important in those fights since your main damage buff is a field effect. Bard songs and Hastega also make it easier to get back up to full speed.

The permanent Sentinel Grimoire effect and realm chain might help a bit, but keep in mind- those torment bosses have such absurd stats that you generally need Sentinel Grimoire AND shellga/protectga to not get immediately gibbed, and you want the realm chain AND buffs (unless you have really good synergy gear and are at the softcaps without buffs) to do significant damage. So I agree that reraise might be slightly better in future Torments (plus by then hastega will be a castable white mage ability), but it's still overall a really bad effect.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Man, only having 3 dupes in OK USBm, Y'sh BSB, and Ramza Shout makes banner 2 really drat appealing. I still want to save for TGC USB banner, but daaaamn. Will they overlap at all?

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I was saving for TG Cid but jesus that banner is ridiculous. Even with 7 dupes, I think I might throw all 100 of my mythril at it - I really, really want an OK USB or Cloud's USB, and Ramza's BSB2 would be great as well.

How good is the FFT banner if I've already got Marche's USB + BSB and Orlandeau's OSB? I feel like I'd mostly be chasing Cid's USB and Ramza's BSB2, and since the latter is on tomorrow's banner, that kinda feels like the better option.

Hmm, I'd think hard about skipping it if I were you. Especially if you already have Shout, as Ramza's BSB2 is basically just an upgrade, rather than a real game-changer. In addition to TGC USB, TGC LMR and Ramza LMR are also very good, but Ramza LMR looks like it's on this banner too.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Washout posted:

As a newbie who got lucky and pulled the Onion Knight Physical and Magic on the last banner should I pull on this one or wait for that FFT banner that's coming? I was saving for that but I could pull once on this and still have 100 by the time the FFT banner comes, or pull twice and still have 50 by then. I can only clear 140's right now and some are too hard, 180s are still a ways off I think, but mostly because I've been using all my stamina farming realms instead of farming orbs for more hones.

I'd say if you have less than 4 dupes, pulling on this banner should be almost mandatory. Granted you DO have two of the very best items, but if those were your only dupes I'd still pull.

pichupal posted:

No luck. Banner 2 supposedly runs between February 2nd to 9th. XIV starts on the 7th, and Tactics only on the 15th. So it overlaps with Banner 1 of the XIV event (Haurchefant/Estinien/Alphinaud/Minfilia USB/BSB/LMR, Haurchefant/Estinien SSB), but not Tactics.

Also if you're still pulling on Dungeon Update Luckies, that falls on the 6th for Mythril planning.

Rats, thanks. That means I'm almost sure to pull Ramza BSB2 and/or LMR. Ah well.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

pichupal posted:

I like thinking of it as a balanced, dark focused Cloud USB. Obviously worse, but it's still pretty nice. Comparing Cloud to Jecht gives you:

• 5 Wind/Dark hits // 10 Dark/NE Ranged hits
  • Critical = 100% // Critical = 75%
  • Damage +30% // ATK/DEF +30%
  • Damage Overflow // Quick Cast 1, Quick Cast 1 to user when using Dark attacks

Damage boost with Cloud is obviously nicer, but the stat boost is useful if you're not at ATK cap. Quickcast is a bit less interesting then Overflow, but it at least does something if you're not capping damage.

It's also a dark+ Blitzball, so he has a weapon you can staple to him for all content. Not like many other people are looking for Blitzballs, let alone dark boosting ones.

Maybe a bit closer to a worse Lightning USB, generally. Critical hits do 50% more damage (without a crit booster), while Enelement increases element abilities by 50% (and SBs by 80%).

• 10 Lightning/NE hits // 10 dark/NE ranged hits
  • Enlightning // Critical = 75%
  • Stacking atk+30% // Atk/Def +30%
  • High Quick cast 1 & HQC after lightning abilities // Regular Quick Cast 1, Quick Cast 1 to user when using Dark attacks

So Lightning hits harder, on average, and faster. Much stronger subsequent SBs. Doesn't need to worry about crit-fixes overwriting her damage buff. Jecht's gets a bit of a leg up with a crit-booster that increases crit damage above 50%, but those are pretty rare and niche. And I guess his crit-fix applies to non-dark damage, but honestly you probably won't be using him for non-dark weaknesses.

On the other hand, there's not a lot of shame in being second-class to one of the best DPS relics in the game.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Man, with all these great banners coming up, it sure would be great if we got, say, an extra mythril per day. Maybe as part of some sort of "daily Cid mission." It could even award other stuff too, like maybe gil and gyshal greens!.... nah, I guess that's just crazy talk.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah, and it's not even that we don't have it right now- it's not a HUGE deal if we get it kinda late. The problem is the daily cid mission stuff was left untranslated with the last update, which means it doesn't even seem to be on the horizon for us getting it. That is why people have been getting frustrated.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I tried magic instead of phys and went from 66 to a 40 clear on worm.

Edge r4 raging storm r5 gust, LD, no sb
Alph r4 tiamat shellga, RD, ssb bsb
Fujin r1 raging, r1 stitch, RD, bsb
OK r4 meltdown, r2 aff break, LD, usb
Relm r4 curada, protectga, LD, bsb usb

Unicorn and wall

I assume this would be a sub 30 if you had multiple high hone RSs.

I could probably replicate this- how are you using both Alph SSB and BSB without an entruster?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

To further clarify, any description that talks about "infused with [element]" is what is referred to here and on other communities as "enelement", or in this case, en-water.

What it does is:
  • Boosts elemental damage by 50% for ability use (for example, Watera Strike or Sapphire Shot would do 150% damage)
  • Boosts elemental damage by 80% for SB use (so Tidus's water-based SBs would do 180% damage)
  • Grants minor resistance to the element (so Tidus would take 20% less damage from enemy water-based attacks)
  • Replaces the default autoattack with an elemental version, which also gets the 50% damage boost.

The buff usually lasts for 25s, so for the first chunk of the fight, Tidus will have all of that.

Alone, it's good (it means he'll pretty much always hit 4x9999 with Sapphire Shot, always, for instance) but with his SBs it becomes better since it means he has no "wind-up" time before he starts cycling his USB or BSB2 (which also provide that buff).

As an added bonus, the armor it comes on gives a passive +10% to water damage for whoever is using it, meaning it's not just a good pull for Tidus, but it's a nice statstick for Bartz or Edge or Yuffie to use, too.

Element boosting armor actually gives a 20% boost, not 10%. And even with Enwater, you certainly won't be hitting 4x9999 against, say, 4* magicites. But it certainly helps!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

The 4x9999 actually isn’t far from the truth! A fully LD’d and water-boosting kitted (preferrably with his USB ball) Tidus with Enwater + Shout (I’m assuming boostgas here because no setup worth its salt in the meta works without buffs. A +30% boost isn’t -much- worse in practice assuming at least 550 Base ATK before Magicite passives, either) should be hitting for at the very least 7k per hit against Marilith before chain bonuses play out. I land 4x9999 Sapphire Shots with him as soon as his chain is up, which pretty much says all one needs to know about Tidus’ ability to poo poo out water damage.

So my Legend Dived Tidus, without chain, has two +water relics, including a +water 6* blitzball that boosts sapphire shot damage from being a ranged weapon, and with Enwater, Shout, and Deployment Tactics, is hitting marilith for about 6600x4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Avalerion posted:

How is everyone managing their inventory? So far I'm been saving space by combining dupes, but I'm getting to the point where I might have to chuck 3* and 4* or buy more slots anyway.

It's really not worth keeping 3* stuff anymore, with a few exceptions for element-boosting items. Even reforged synergy 3* items aren't really outperforming power-crept non-synergy 5* items anymore, and certainly not 6* stuff, which is more and more common now.

• Locked thread