Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Thanks graph!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
SQL code:
SELECT * FROM gender_identities

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

we’re at the point in the summer where i super don’t care about gender expression because i’m riding a bike in 90 degree heat all day but it turns out i look really cute in daisy dukes so that’s not bad. i present femme best in winter and fall because i’m a sweat elemental and i don’t feel cute when i’m aggressively dripping just sitting in the shade.

i found a really cute dress that’s bike friendly i’m dying to wear out but its awful weather for it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

i’m a sweat elemental

lmfaooooo may i borrow this

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Casual Encountess posted:

we’re at the point in the summer where i super don’t care about gender expression because i’m riding a bike in 90 degree heat all day but it turns out i look really cute in daisy dukes so that’s not bad. i present femme best in winter and fall because i’m a sweat elemental and i don’t feel cute when i’m aggressively dripping just sitting in the shade.

i found a really cute dress that’s bike friendly i’m dying to wear out but its awful weather for it

Biking in a dress is sooooooo hard

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Same, I made a dress this spring but it's 3/4 sleeves knit with dk weight yarn so I can't wear it comfortably until it's way colder

It's got cables and everything summer is awful

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

jit bull transpile posted:

I love leggings for a reason (mostly it's because they're cute)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

In The Netherlands we have bikes for dress wearers.

Ok so they're called "ladies" bikes but yknow.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
But like how do you keep the dress from getting caught on the gears or chain

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

very carefully

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

you have to get like knee length skater skirts and be super creative about positioning. i ride a road bike so this is extra funny

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

you have to get like knee length skater skirts and be super creative about positioning. i ride a road bike so this is extra funny

I dress like a witch of the woods so all my skirts are long and flow y lol

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

skirt guard over the back wheel and chain guard over the chain is the usual setup, using an internally geared hub because a chain guard is incompatible with derailer gearing.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fishmech posted:

I guess so yeah. Mostly for me when I have a lot of time to just think it happens.

well that last sentence just made a lot of things click for me, thanks!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

skirt guard over the back wheel and chain guard over the chain is the usual setup, using an internally geared hub because a chain guard is incompatible with derailer gearing.

Yeah like this but with the frame setup like the previous one.

These are colloquially known as grandma bikes

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Grandma mode is legit though

Happiest I've been this summer was sitting out on a porch at my friend's farm and knitting while it was raining

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

spankmeister posted:

Yeah like this but with the frame setup like the previous one.

These are colloquially known as grandma bikes

Throw some roomy panniers on that and I'd be sold if there was any reasonable surface street route to work.

I should just move to the Netherlands

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

We got you fam, It's the Dutch way of life to schlep your whole family and the groceries on your bike.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

bodycon works well but exposes so tights are key but i can’t really look cute like that unless it’s like 60 out

Casual Encountess fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 3, 2018

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Structured queery language is great for some purposes, but is it webscale?

mods plz change name to "MongoNB"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

spankmeister posted:

We got you fam, It's the Dutch way of life to schlep your whole family and the groceries on your bike.

why does it need a windshield

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Poniard posted:

my only suggestion is "lgbtqia++" but thats dumb so dont do that
As long as the B isn't for boost we should be alright.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

why does it need a windshield

It's for the kid

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

spankmeister posted:

In The Netherlands we have bikes for dress wearers.

Ok so they're called "ladies" bikes but yknow.

i bought a bike with a frame like that because it was cheaper than the same bike with a standard frame

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ugh. A girl emailed the trans mailing list at work to share a distressing interview from a local npr show where the interviewer let a transphobic "activist" rail against trans people for 2 hours unchallenged. This lady even said things like transgender parents are more likely to rape their children.

The girls email suggested we contact the station to voice our anger that the interviewer didn't challenge this lady at all.

Immediately a bunch of "allies" jumped in to say how they're uncomfortable "shutting down opposing viewpoints" and how shouting down bigots makes us just as bad as them.

gently caress allies. As always, they will never see past their own interests when you are being harmed. I hate that there's no trans only group at work so you have to endure poo poo like this to be able to talk to other trans people at work.

I was gonna apologise for posting devine in this thread but it looks like you just want to talk about yourself

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
now you'll say "get out of my thread"

but you're just mad you cant talk about yourself

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's not an LGBTQ thread, it's just so you can talk about yourself

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's not an LGBTQ thread, it's just so you can talk about yourself

post again

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
smoka, i literally didnt kick you out until you started getting antagonistic for no reason in multiple threads. idgaf if you post in here but not when your only goal is to pick fights.

ppl accuse me of using yospos as a blog or something but if i go off on a personal anecdote it's nearly always related to the topic at hand. i make plenty of posts that arent about me but a certain sort of person just doesn't notice them. i don't want this thread to be about me, i want it to be about queer yosposters talking about whatever they want that isn't harmful to other queer yosposters. if you can post by that guideline (dont tear down other posters for no reason) youre welcome back in.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

OK I pm'd graph for the title change :)
it’s good

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

post again

my shoe size is 10 and a half wide, and I'm not going to mention my bra size

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

stick the front under one of your leg and done. if it’s a long/maxi dress you’re hosed unless it’s snug.

chain case and rear wheel covers are standard equipment on all good Oma-fiets.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SmokaDustbowl posted:

my shoe size is 10 and a half wide, and I'm not going to mention my bra size

let's try posting constructively in here then :) or post whatever

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

let's try posting constructively in here then :) or post whatever

gently caress you graph, for real

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

evil_bunnY posted:

stick the front under one of your leg and done. if it’s a long/maxi dress you’re hosed unless it’s snug.

chain case and rear wheel covers are standard equipment on all good Oma-fiets.

yospost lgbtqia: legitimately great bike training, questions, instruction, and answers

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm very conservative, so I like wearing long skirts. you can get them easy at thrift shops

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm very conservative, so I like wearing long skirts. you can get them easy at thrift shops

do you have any issues with finding good sizes secondhand? i know a few girls who are trying to make over their wardrobes on a budget but it's pretty emotionally taxing for them to go into a store and find nothing that fits.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

do you have any issues with finding good sizes secondhand? i know a few girls who are trying to make over their wardrobes on a budget but it's pretty emotionally taxing for them to go into a store and find nothing that fits.

I always go to second hand stores. you might find something cool and nobody will gently caress with you if you want to try things on

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
that might not be an option if you're rich though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I always go to second hand stores. you might find something cool and nobody will gently caress with you if you want to try things on

The couple of peeps I'm thinking of are in particular anxious about second hand stores because they feel conspicuous if they don't buy anything and you're banking on equally tall women having donated stuff. It's one of those early transition anxieties lots of us go through.