Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Titanfall owns. It’s sad that the first one was really fun, but the population cratered. The second one from what I’ve seen is phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

1stGear posted:

I like D2 but Tracer's Butt is completely correct in that you should play Titanfall 2. There's one level in particular that is worth the price alone.

Is there a mod to play Powerhouse like in Looney Tunes during one of those levels? Because that's the only way I can think of to improve the factory level.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

1stGear posted:

I like D2 but Tracer's Butt is completely correct in that you should play Titanfall 2. There's one level in particular that is worth the price alone.

The time travel and factory level are some of the best missions in an FPS this side of Halo 1/Half-Life 2. It is kinda a little criminal that TF2 is ignored as much as it is, it's just as unique and innovative as the best of them. I think it's a little hamstrung by its (despite being incredible) very traditional single player campaign and rigid-by-the-book multiplayer that just checks boxes and nothing more. There's nothing about TF2 that makes it immediately jump out to grab players to give it a chance right in the middle of BF1 and Infinite Warfare coming out. That was just a cruel timeline. EA sent the game out to die and they should take full responsibility for killing it really.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

As much as I enjoy D2 I wish the game was an MMO.

I want Planetside/Planetside 2 levels of MMO with Destiny guns, vehicles, map sizes, etc.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The time travel and factory level are some of the best missions in an FPS this side of Halo 1/Half-Life 2. It is kinda a little criminal that TF2 is ignored as much as it is, it's just as unique and innovative as the best of them. I think it's a little hamstrung by its (despite being incredible) very traditional single player campaign and rigid-by-the-book multiplayer that just checks boxes and nothing more. There's nothing about TF2 that makes it immediately jump out to grab players to give it a chance right in the middle of BF1 and Infinite Warfare coming out. That was just a cruel timeline. EA sent the game out to die and they should take full responsibility for killing it really.

Titanfall 2's multiplayer is only really stodgy when it comes to game modes, and the matchmaking is a bit painful due to it being smothered in its crib by EA. Otherwise, the fluidity, speed, movement, melee, TTK all feel absolutely amazing to me. Worlds better than crucible, and that's before you even get into a gigantic loving robot and start disintegrating motherfuckers.

I'm really hoping it comes back as a more e-sport kind of thing, it's a very unique and fun experience compared to basically everything else around these days. And hell, even if you don't like it it's worth every penny for the campaign.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Just realized: If they are actually bringing Frames (Arcite, Dahlia, Benedict, etc.) in as in-world enemies or allies, they’d feel a lot like Titanfall2 Grunts if applied to Crucible. This may be good for an eventual Combined Arms return; I really wasn’t a fan of grunts when I played TF tho

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Pretty sure a warframe would punk a guardian ten times outta ten

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Titanfalls feels a bit too random. And for some reason buildings have two levels, they feel more like a environment where people play videogames, than a real place. The buildings are too octogonal, as if the engine still uses something like BSP and need to align walls with Brush.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've put in over a hundred hours into Titanfall 2 on both pc and ps4 and don't regret it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm a Beetleborg!

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Tei posted:

And for some reason buildings have two levels, they feel more like a environment where people play videogames, than a real place.

The reason being is it's a videogame not a real place

Even in super tactical rainbow six the buildings make no sense

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Penpal posted:

The reason being is it's a videogame not a real place

Even in super tactical rainbow six the buildings make no sense

Which Rainbow Six? Cause lol if you think Siege is a RB6 game.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Skoll posted:

Which Rainbow Six? Cause lol if you think Siege is a RB6 game.

Rogue Spear or Vegas 2 did not have realistic interiors, but the point is videogame environments don't owe anything to realism

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Penpal posted:

Rogue Spear or Vegas 2 did not have realistic interiors, but the point is videogame environments don't owe anything to realism

the OG Rainbow did iirc, Rogue Spear I mainly remember the ship mission but I couldn't say if that was realistic to size. I more like the game mechanics and the fast TTK in those games. I miss planning out an assault and all that poo poo and you don't see it in video games nowadays.

Also the Vegas games were :lol:.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Republicans posted:

I'm a Beetleborg!

That is extremely big and bad, also Kamen Rider as gently caress

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Republicans posted:

I'm a Beetleborg!

i also remember this big bad show

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

* Complain to the Washington AG that Bungie doesn't let everyone do whatever. This gets SRL pulled.
* Complain that there's nothing to do but loot boxes during the Dawning.

:palmon:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

* Complain to the Washington AG that Bungie doesn't let everyone do whatever. This gets SRL pulled.

was this actually confirmed anywhere or are you just talking out your rear end

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I have never had more fun in this game than when I roll around with a better devils in one hand, a sun shot in another, and my lucky pants on.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Waffle House posted:

* Complain that there's nothing to do but loot boxes during the Dawning.

:palmon:
Do you do anything but complain about what reddit is complaining about?
It's not like there's much to the Dawning besides mayham and lootboxes.

Dietrich posted:

I have never had more fun in this game than when I roll around with a better devils in one hand, a sun shot in another, and my lucky pants on.
Was happy lucky pants showed up on xur this past weekend because I've been wanting to do just this.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Dietrich posted:

QFT

I also got a masterwork raid hand cannon which has really nice feeling gunplay between the Outlaw and Rampage perks, but there's really no beating explosive bullets on Better Devils.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

el B posted:

LOL GOT HIM!!!

I asked unironically as I don't know anyone who still plays it so I was under the impression it had a population nosedive like Titanfall 1.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Eej posted:

I asked unironically as I don't know anyone who still plays it so I was under the impression it had a population nosedive like Titanfall 1.

Frontier Defense and a steady trickle of content updates kept it going a lot longer than anyone, especially EA, expected.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Angry Walrus posted:

was this actually confirmed anywhere or are you just talking out your rear end

Literally the top two "Washington Attorney General Bungie" Google Results:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240068282?sort=0&page=0&path=1

Some forum post Dec. 10th

https://data.wa.gov/w/gpri-47xz/mncn-zj8q?cur=2EVud2xlfHS&from=root

Filings Dec. 12th

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Salt power!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

But what does that have to do with sparrow racing

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Xarbala posted:

But what does that have to do with sparrow racing

It's just funny to me that it was absent following all the community salt. And that someone actually filed charges with the AG

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 27, 2017

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
im pretty sure it was gonna be absent regardless of whether or not the attorney general was contacted. they just didnt bother making it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Angry Walrus posted:

im pretty sure it was gonna be absent regardless of whether or not the attorney general was contacted. they just didnt bother making it.

Awful lot of work done for not bothering though. Got the one track section you go through during the cabal assault, and there's a big one that goes around the lake that I fell down into behind the Osiris Cult's radio tower temple.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe the attorney general have a hot coder wife that can finish SRL before new year.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Who wants to invite the Washington AG to the thread? It’s time we integrated our friends in Washington.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I think they only confirmed a delay of the faction rally. SRL only got "christmas 2017" rather than a set date so it probably got delayed due to [waving my hand at the internet] all of this dumb poo poo

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

For anyone who, like me, doesn't follow the thread very often and just randomly sees this post, playing a Trapper Nightstalker in Mayhem is the most fun you'll have in Mayhem... as long as there aren't void bomb glitchers in your match... or XIM using golden gunners.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 28, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DaveKap posted:

For anyone who, like me, doesn't follow the thread very often and just randomly sees this post, playing a Trapper Nightstalker in Mayhem is the most fun you'll have in Mayhem... as long as there aren't void bomb glitchers in your match... or XIM using golden gunners.
If even I can land Golden Gun hits off the cuff in cruci, I'm imagining some extreme precognitive shooting you out of the air while you're being launched by booster rings going on for that last one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Aim assist is bad if you're using a XIM, and GG dials the aim assist up to 11

Pray that your golden gunning foes are rocking a XIM

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DaveKap posted:

Golden gun has a pretty generous hitbox, you don't need a xim for it.

If you really wanna have fun, even it's not effective, go full on Naruto mode. You need a Graviton Forfeit, Quickfang, and the bottom Nightstalker tree. Your melee ability throws a smokebomb that makes you invisible, and while you're invisible your melee ability comes back faster. Combined with total mayhem reducing the cooldown you can actually stay invisible the entire match as your melee ability will be available again before your invisibility comes back. Camp the power ammo and then turn into the predator.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I guess this is an expansion leak? Looks like SIVA's coming back...and we get to meet this Ana Bray character whose bracelet we found once upon a timeline:

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/7mk1nx/gods_of_mars_psn_description_leaked/

quote:

[NOTE]: Sourced directly from Japan's PSN store. It's been deleted as of now.

Destiny 2 Expansion II: Gods of Mars sends your Guardian out to Mar's Clovis Grove, a brand new destination that is host to an array of brand new missions and adventures. Work alongside the elusive Ana Bray in order to prevent Charlemagne, Matrix of Corruption from amassing an army of SIVA-enhanced weaponized frames before Mars is lost.

Features:

-Explore Mars' Clovis Grove and uncover 'Charlemagne's Vault' underneath the frozen wastes

-New story missions and adventures

-New themed weapons, armor, and gear to uncover

-New cooperative activities

-New competitive multiplayer arenas

-New Frame & Nanite Enemy Faction

-And more...

Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service and applicable privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service & playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy).

68GB minimum save size Online Play (Required)

Software subject to license (us.playstation.com/softwarelicense). Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service and applicable privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service & playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy). One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account.

Using the software constitutes acceptance of the Destiny Software License Agreement available at http://support.activision.com/license and the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy available at https://www.bungie.net/eula. Activision may modify or discontinue online services without notice at any time.

Excited for more of the inner solar system.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nanomachines, son

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ikora: There is only one warmind
Also Ikora: we've got to stop the evil Martian warmind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First off, thanks Waffle House for always finding the goods.

Secondly, I’m super pumped to go to Mars. That is going to kick rear end tremendously. I loved me some Red Faction back in the day. Mars games always owned to me. I’ll always have a soft spot for Red Faction so this excites the hell out of me.

But there is a caveat. And I am worried to death about this already: “We will explore Clovis Grove...” and that right there has me worried about another Mercury sized planet.

Yeah, I’m not willing to put money on it, but I will make a bet with pokchu or Rugio or something that we are in for another Mercury-like expansion to a T.

I mean, I’m playing it anyway. I’m going to enjoy myself. But I will be pretty ticked off if an amazing place with tons of imaginary potential like Mars isn’t a huge planet to roam and discover.

• Locked thread