Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
i don't think toxic Adversary shamans can be toxic without being obviously profane to Adversary, but since Adversary doesn't get even by revoking power like, say, Dog did to our buddy Jake before DMS, that's probably cold comfort to their victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Soylent Pudding posted:

Could it be argued that The Adversary has become the Man Glory is trying to stick it to?

not really. it's way more likely she was toxic like Harrow was, Ol' Scratch got even with her and also banked on her swinging at Harrow later on.

we talked a bit about this already, but if Adversary is distinct from any other totem in any particular way, it's that even if you twist it's ideals around it lets you keep on keepin' on until you have enough rope to hang yourself with. Adversary itself has no real authority over humanity on it's own - arguably all totems are subservient to humanity, or at least to humanity's perception of them.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
the best way to fight the horrors is to stop them getting here at all. who knows, since they follow the magic cycles for sustenance, maybe they'll just starve in the outer planes?

or, hell, once they get here, lock them in with us. that might work too. eventually.

i guess when it comes to actually fighting them, technically murdering one physically and then in the astral isn't *wholly* out of metahumanity's reach, but it seems implausible.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Returns was much closer to the Noir-esque tone that I like in my cyberpunk stories. It wasn't especially well executed in that respect, but the DF/HK formula is a lot safer and less experimental imo.

not to say those games aren't better because they clearly are, but i also don't think its fair to say Returns is worse in every respect.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

Psion posted:

That's how ME1 worked, but not 3.

No, ME1 had you invest in paragon/renegade with your level up points. ME2 was the one that punished you for not focusing.