Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Kanfy posted:

Just to make it clear, yeah, we're going to be sticking to our crew members for the entirety of this LP. We didn't escape the clutches of DMS' lame nobodies just to run back to their arms now.
But Lucky Strike has a personality. And she's cooler than you. Way cooler.

(Shame that you can't actually steal her poo poo and leave her to die during a run)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Kanfy posted:

is currently in the lead
That's a portrait that very definitely has a friends with benefits arrangement with M.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I was just about to say that if feels like most elf hate is transferring "what, YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?" to a fantasy setting... and hey, would you look at that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I liked Antumbra 2 (kinda) 3(a fair bit) the Cobblepot Caper and Nightmare Harvest. I think I reviewed these in the main SR thread?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Every single custom campaign I played allows you to do this, for some goddamned reason.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The main problem with Glory (and melee characters in general, though I never really played any) is that the game has a limited number of actions per combat turn, rather than a limited number of action points. So you can't order Glory to run to a specific point next to an enemy and attack from there - you either waste two separate actions or you rely on her AI. And I'm pretty sure the AI doesn't even make any tactical considerations when attacking in melee, merely plotting the quickest route to the target.

Such an easy thing to fix, as well.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

mauman posted:

uh...her body ain't THAT high. Out of cover she MIGHT be able to take one extra hit (with my luck would be a 20+ damage crit). When you're out of cover having an extra 10 or 20 hitpoints is not as great as an advantage as you're making it out to be. Plus she doesn't get any movement bonuses, so she might be able to pop 2 people out of cover depending on how close they are to each other (and likely she would miss those hits anyways, making it all for nothing).
Just to reiterate my point from earlier - it would have been so easy to allow the player to fine tune how a melee attacker approaches their target so that they would have a better chance of ending up in cover after making the attack. Melee would still be underpowered, but not stupidly so.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Anarchy is the mother of order.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Can anyone tell me who the hell is supposed to be the second Samurai in HK?

Also, man, I really hope someone ends up putting out a mod that allows you to take your entire party on missions. Only way I will replay these games.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

bewilderment posted:

d20 Modern: unfortunately has most of the problems other d20 games do
?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Same as last game, progress the storyline far enough. Though you can get 3 ap with certain common boosters beforehand.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

You can actually "apologize" to Dante with a single pat at the very last possible moment. Get both achievements quite easily.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Shadowrun Chronicles is on sale for the weekend if you need more.
You probably don't need "more" that badly.

There are plenty of user made campaigns, some of them quite good. Recommend those instead for anyone who hasn't had enough after finishing all three games.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Groetgaffel posted:

I went back and read the update again.

Nope, still looks like I'm too much of a stupid moron to spot it. :smith:
Scorpion door.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuWJZg0nl98

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I think it was established in the previous thread that Blitz got a major boost to his stats with the Directors Cut. A lot of the hatred (besides his lovely personality) comes from people who experienced Blitz classic, who is just THAT terrible.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Bioware is strictly superior
Obsidian for life, pleb.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

This was probably the part I dug most about the game: needing to take odd jobs and contracts to pay for what you really needed to complete your quest.
BG2 all over again.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Which, admittedly, doesn't really say as much as it could, because there's not exactly all that much in the way of intelligent competition for those other 70%. It's easy to be the unchallenged ruler of Mars if there's nobody else willing to go the distance to contest you for your dead rock.
It's a well known truism that underwater settings are hard to design believably and generally end up terribly boring. It's good to have an excuse to avoid designing underwater enclaves in a resource-starved world.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Of course, studies have indicated good kindergartens and pre-schools do very little for a kid's future prospects
Only if you stop trying to get them into good schools after kindergarten and pre-school.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

There's also Mantis shamans who are.... occasionally, maybe slightly tolerated?
Because they eat other insect shamans in between eating humans?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I had to let James live, mostly because nothing about the mission really told me that anyone who dies in combat dies in the story (not the case in the rest of the game, obviously).

What happens if you get him killed in a clash with security on floor one?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

That seems generically cyberpunk enough. Thing is - in most cyberpunk settings, anything outside the big cities is irradiated / polluted / filled with enough monsters to make the exclusion zone look like a roadside picnic.

What's Shadowruns excuse for "whoops, just ignore all the countryside"?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

wiegieman posted:

The next hit involved throwing an adult dragon in metahuman form off a skyscraper to land on that exact spot. The Lodge doesn't gently caress around.
?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

communism bitch posted:

I think I know the answer to this, but are any of the Shadowrun novels worth reading on their own merits? I picked up a couple on cheap for the kindle (Fire and Frost and Never Deal With a Dragon) and they were just dire - all plodding exposition and clumsy fanservice.
I'm not asking for high literature, just some cool shadowun adventures that don't take themselves too seriously.
People have recommended their favorite Shadowrun fanfics a few pages ago, and it's all incredibly dire. Can't imagine standards are any higher when it comes to official stuff.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

until the Ring of Fire blew and wrecked Japan
?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Stroth posted:

Bugs Bunny
I'm pretty sure Bugs Bunny is Coyote.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I'm assuming that Israel is nuked to gently caress?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

i just linked this for no reason in another thread and since it's about corporations and such i'm going to link it here. i won't even pretend it's apropos of anything. it's ned beatty's speech in the movie network from 1976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9XeyBd_IuA
I always wonder about people who link and quote that speech. Do they really think it's meant to be profound and / or meaningful, rather than a bunch of gibberish that speaks only to the worldview of a certain type?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The annotated version of Dunk's will is fairly interesting, though it doesn't go quite as in-depth as posts here.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

ChaseSP posted:

You don't want to visit Hiroshima, maybe it's still inhabited but holy poo poo all the screaming victims from the nuclear bombing alone.
Can individuals come back as vengeful ghosts?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

There's never going to be another VTM:B. :(

Not ever.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Presumably dragons are mostly made of magic, if jet fighters didn't manage to down one? Then again, Big D was killed by a single bomb, so more like active defensive measures, probably?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I know. We went over it in a previous thread, and it's a fairly well known shadowrun fact.

The point is that the world at large doesn't go "killed in a puny little limo explosion? Who are you kidding, everyone knows that dragons are immune to freaking air-to-air missiles".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I dont know posted:

He at least implies that he already has in Skyfall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm93TAEgwdc
I mean, he did go to public school.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I appreciate how D skips right from "my nephew just got mixed up with the wrong crowd due to specific circumstances" to "now let's go kill a bunch of Nazi youths that obviously were born to be fascist thugs".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

OutofSight posted:

I expected better from you Shadowrun than "But...what when the bad guys are NAZIS?" Not even some insane brand of of futuristic fascists. Just plain ol' nazis.
Are you posting from some better timeline? Please let us know how to cross over.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

OutofSight posted:

Not Nazis, just neo-nazis. Checkmate.
:bravo:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

Also.when does Wasteland 3 come out and how come nobody in this forum ever did a SSLP of WL2?
It's really boring to play, much less watch.

Shadowrun Returns for free:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shadowrun-returns-deluxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

Can we stop.calling him Big D? It evokes imagery I would rather not have in my head.
Huge Dunk on Big D out of nowhere.