Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Holy poo poo :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ze Pollack posted:

Blitz is a beautiful, perfect garbage child, and we would not have him any other way

When you put it that way I think I'm in love with him. :allears:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

that is amazing

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Someone please write a campaign about someone buying up all that land choked with hateful plague spirits and somehow turning it into a capitalist hellhole.

Probably Aztech, that's kind of their whole thing.

So basically anywhere in the world?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Not to bring this thread too much into Glorantha, but wasn't there a society in-setting that (IIRC) made a giant (as in, a race of creatures that are pretty big) birthing-then-killing machine to exploit the fact that they almost always dropped rare loot?

I think they were called the God Learners...?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

kaosdrachen posted:

Automatic firmware updates.

This took me way too long to figure out.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ze Pollack posted:

NERPs are a beautiful catchall term. a garlic juicer. Apex SmartCurtains. Camaxtli Actionwear. My Drone Buddy (And Friends!). the Johnny Gawain Action Playset Last Blood Rerelease Now With Real Exploding Blood Mage Action. All the things wage slaves can buy to try to fill the void, in numberless profusion and marketed to You The Consumer ever more directly by metadata crawlers that cost more in a second than their targets make in a month.

the megacorps have to sell something to make back the money they pay their workers, after all. and so the useless crap proliferates, obsolete by design inside of a year if you're lucky and a week if you're not, all destined for the evergrowing landfill-altars where the toxic nature spirits gather.

Upside: you can get some pretty good poo poo secondhand if you've got a contact with the garbageman!

but enough about nowadays

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yeah they didn't close the ports

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Do you lose essence if you get a regular organ transplant?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Can you frisk a mage out of her powers?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Glory

I kinda want to bring Lucky Strike here, but I'm sure if she was worth the trouble it would have been an option.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Murder the dwarf

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Groetgaffel posted:

Like if our employer hadn't sent goons to check up on us, would our employer have any reason to complain that we took 10 minutes extra to steal Torvald's stuff before killing him?

This is exactly why I'm not really liking this "choice". There's no difference for the employers to care when exactly we kill him (I don't remember anything on the brief to kill him on sight), so why can't we string him along for a bit?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ephemeron posted:

This is an amazing journey. Thank you for taking us along, Kanfy.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Wonder if you could get an Adversary shaman who was also a fascist. The two shouldn't work together, but the cruelty towards others and the sense of oppression at any hindering of their own right to be complete loving dicks seems like a common thread throughout fascists despite their position in reinforcing the extant social order.

I was wondering that myself as I was reading that dialogue.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

>>*Ezkibel, Dr. Xabier*
>>to: $(l.name)

Come see me at your earliest convenience. There is a matter that we need to discuss.

I think you missed a substitution there.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Part 32 - Breaking and Later Entering
If it so happens that you lack awe-inspiring muscles, a dwarf or a drone, the next option is making use of a jack-in point found close by. Obviously if you brought Blitz you can simply use the drone method, unless you for some reason chose not to ever return Max to him.

That reason being that Max deserves someone better to take care of her. :colbert:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I really hope you can geek Hasenkamp at the end of this.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

You monster. He just wants this idiot to stop wasting time rooting around in trash bins, to do the job he was sent here to do, and go home and play with his grandkids.

Hey rooting around in trash bins are just what we do! He's totally like, cramping the style, man.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

God Dammit Blitz

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sounds good to me.

As an alternative to that, have you thought about putting them on smaller updates instead? It might be better because you don't have to prepare ahead of time, making the main update quicker, and you can pace the updates so there's less downtime between then.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mods rename me to odyssey of filth tia

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I think the thread has posted about the Adversary before when we talked to Glory before, but can we get the tldr on him again? I know he is bad juju, but IIRC it was in a pretty hosed up way.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I dont know posted:

The arrival of horrors would pretty much change the setting into something else more or less regardless of how it turns out. That's why it will be a looming threat, but never happen. That and the fact when FASA broke up, the rights to Shadowrun and Earthdawn (and with it horrors) went to different companies, so they probably couldn't do it if they wanted.

Capitalism and IP laws save the day again

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So the reception for this office is down the hallway from the entrance, through the supply room, after the main office areas?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Night10194 posted:

I really appreciate all the work you've already done. It's been a pleasure reading whatever happens!

This a million.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Weird that Eiger can't sub in for the Security checks, and the player has to do them all. I understand why that is the case, but then Blitz does all the Decker stuff so you don't have to...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Even the current plague is just a really lovely respiratory infection that doesn't turn you into a flesh-eating zombie.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I just want to repost this:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kill it

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I may be misremembering but wasn't there a dev command or something to bring up another character into the party, and that didn't even break the game in strange ways? I feel like if there's one time to bring the entire team, now would be it...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Free her.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hell yeah

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Shadowrun loremasters please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought looking at auras is basically looking at the true nature of whatever living thing you are examining.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

awwww

:unsmith:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks for the LP, Kanfy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I would date a robot. I mean for a friend haha that would be silly if it was for me haha