Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

It's the lack of a neck, isn't it?

That, and a handshake that'll scrape your fingerprints off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

ChaseSP posted:

van halen belts

I just couldn't let this go unremarked.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

CommissarMega posted:

gently caress me, now I want a Shadowrun: LA game where you have to do exactly that. No big plot, no saving the world, just a bunch of runners wanting to make it big in showbiz/the music industry :syoon:

I played in a one-shot with this premise. Our regular GM played the sleaziest agent-face ever, who kept nixing our best plans because they wouldn't have good camera angles and lighting for the camera drones. I played a gunslinger adept singer from Pueblo Corporate Council who was trying to get more publicity for his latest Native-Country album by becoming a famous runner with his signature silver revolvers.

poo poo was hilarious.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Poil posted:

How much extra money are you willing to spend? No it doesn't have enough space to install a flamethrower.

The napalm is stored in the balls.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Or it's just another great dragon doing it for laughs.

In which case see the ketchup comment above.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

And then you know for a fact that they're a supermassive rear end in a top hat.

Great, now I've got a Muse song in my head.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
https://youtu.be/Xsp3_a-PMTw

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

U.T. Raptor posted:

The King Kong remake already gave us "Weta Rexes", so I assume basically that but also magic or something:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388

This is hilarious for a lot of reasons but number one is wetas that move that fast.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

How can you overlook Viking Bear?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

na klar digga, the score is 0-2, which side do you think i'm gonna pick

I know the Central Powers lost World War I, but I'd find it very difficult to argue that Russia won.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Put the giggling mad dog down.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
No wonder real meat is so expensive.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Kanfy, just want to say thanks for putting the music tracks up for these as well, listening to them is a nice bit of immersion :)

On this run in particular. Anytime I see that the track is called "Du Heist" I giggle a little.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Is this the one where folks were strategizing about when is best to tell the Black Lodge to go pound sand?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I dont know posted:

That's insanely cool. I can't even begin to imagine how much work it was on the GM though. Just managing one was a lot of work.

There's an old shaggy dog story from the early years of D&D that arose from a DM running two competing parties. It's worth a laugh even now: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Head_of_Vecna

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

wiegieman posted:

Autoturrets are great, until somebody hacks your system and flips their IFFs.

And then they're hilarious.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, that’s the thing about The Adversary and toxic shamanism. The Adversary won’t punish blasphemy/profaning by relinquishing power, oh no. That’s too simple, too gentle. What the Adversary will do is give your worst enemies and best friends the power to draw and quarter you, and then make sure the process is so painful and arduous that you’ll beg for death to free you from it. A keener shaman might argue that Glory’s entire character arc has been a punishment for profaning The Adversary - not a punishment to Glory, mind you, but to Harrow.

What goes around comes around.

Sometimes you get what comes around. But sometimes you are what comes around.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Yeah, wow. That's a straight up rejection of one of the fundamental setting elements. I mean, there's a hell of a lot of plot setups there, but dang.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
At least in SR4e, the setting for running in LA and I think New York had your "image" as a Shadowrunner being a potentially important and fun thing to play with - if you got caught on camera and impressed people by being stylish and flashy enough you could get "discovered" and get made rich and famous, or at least as close as a corporate-owned idol by another name could be.

My old group played a one-shot at one point with this as the theme. I don't recall most of the details but I was playing an aspiring outlaw-NAN-country musician PhysAd with custom pearl-handled revolvers trying to build a rep so people would check out his music, and another player ran the Face/agent/manager who kept vetoing certain plans and strategies because it wasn't flash enough or didn't have the right lighting for his camera drones.

poo poo was bonkers but a lot of fun.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

DeathChicken posted:

I enjoyed Alpha Protocol's morality system, if only for the long reaching consequences it could carry. Being a jerk might be the only way to impress one of the villains into joining you, even if it alienated all of your other friends. Also there was at least one character who just wanted you to *pick a side*, the only way to make them mad was to fence sit

My favorite detail was the enemy who is the consummate cold professional, and when you fight him will run away when he loses so you can't kill him even though you want to real bad... Unless you've taken the "smartass" conversation options consistently enough through the whole game that you piss him off so badly he loses his cool and stays fighting you until you kill him.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Stroth posted:

Unless unless you're a total profesional otherwise and only act like a smartass to piss him off so you can kill him, in which case he realizes that's exactly why you're doing it and genuinely complements your skill at manipulating your enemies while still running off.

Ferrosol posted:

With the added bonus that if you only take the smart rear end options with him he congratulates you for spotting his buttons and trying to manipulate him.

Like a complete rear end in a top hat.

I restarted the game to be able to kill him.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gilgamesh255 posted:

...Wait, hold up. Are you telling me the Azzies' plan was essentially to jury rig up a version of that genocide spell from Order of The Stick?

I pictured the Red Court's ritual from the Dresden Files.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

habeasdorkus posted:

Eh, you can probably get real coffee if you're willing to spend on it. It's just way more expensive than it used to be. Don't forget a middle class lifestyle (5000 nuyen a month IIRC) gets you real food on a pretty regular basis. A basic cup of instant coffee probably costs 10 nuyen, because of climate change as much as anything else.

e: Run Faster has real food at x5-x20 the price for a soy/krill version, so your basic grande Starbucks latte will run you ~20-60 nuyen.

paragon1 posted:

And you can generally consider a nuyen to be somewhere around 5 USD so hope you REALLY love coffee.

So a middle class lifestyle is $300,000 a year? Yikes.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

EggsAisle posted:

I like everything about this picture. Even her weirdly baggy pants.

Bikini top and low-rise fatigue pants was a very popular aesthetic for a while for showing that your female character is strong and badass but also sexy and nonthreatening to straight dudes.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Alacron posted:

What do you think is the Shadowlands version of "Mods are asleep, post ______"

Azzie paydata

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
This program needs to be de-rezzed.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

The Lone Badger posted:

There sort of is. If you kill a mage while they're astrally projecting, their astral form will continue to exist for a number of hours.

And they have nothing left to worry about except to make you regret killing them in every way possible. If you must kill a mage who's in the astral, it is absolutely crucial that you don't let them find out it was you what done it.

Lost three members of a tabletop party that way.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

By popular demand posted:

Do they still farm sheep there in the 6th world? maybe dragons just really enjoy a good doner kebab.

Hell, who doesn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Specifically, Dunkelzahn looked at the Sixth World and thought "Look at all these potential allies!" where Lofwyr thought "Look at all these potential tools!"

The difference is academic, from a certain point of view.