Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
the average penis length is 5.5"
5.5"? I thought it was 4". This is very unsettling.
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
people with teeth that are bigger than mine

accidentally getting Vienna sausage juice on my hands when Im draining it out of my car window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Zane posted:

you can read 10000 articles these days about sex harassment, the problem of unwanted male aggression, etc., etc., which might ultimately be a sort of displaced reaction to trump's political dominance. but with a few keystrokes you can also watch 10000 videos of girls enacting complicated scenarios of sexual debasement, begging to become cum slaves to their boyfriends cocks, etc., etc. i'm not sure if human beings *ultimately* want to be free or *ultimately* want to be dominated by an infinitely powerful 'big other.'

I don't think it's normal or average for people to want to be debased. Many of the girls in those videos, or probably most, are doing it for money. They are actors.

These videos would not exist unless a certain portion of people enjoy seeing women being debased. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the majority of the people who enjoy those videos are men, not women.

To me, this doesn't conflict at all with the flood of sexual harrassment scandals we've seen.

Edit: not kinkshaming, so if anyone here likes being a sub then go ahead - I just think it would be wrong to assume this represented the way the average woman prefers to be treated.

green chicken feet fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 7, 2017

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Finding out the average is 5.5 when I thought it was 4.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*in an extremely size queen voice" finding out the average is 5.5 when I thought it was 9

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
WTF D&D updates are so sporadic. It's like they don't care.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Masses of ants. I don't care about masses of maggots, or one ant. It's when they get together that creeps me out. Part of my brain thinks if I accidentally kill one, all its buddies are gonna come get me.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Domus posted:

Masses of ants. I don't care about masses of maggots, or one ant. It's when they get together that creeps me out. Part of my brain thinks if I accidentally kill one, all its buddies are gonna come get me.

google "fire ant raft"

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
rat-kings

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Hotel rooms across the street from office buildings

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

green chicken feet posted:

I don't think it's normal or average for people to want to be debased. Many of the girls in those videos, or probably most, are doing it for money. They are actors.

These videos would not exist unless a certain portion of people enjoy seeing women being debased. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the majority of the people who enjoy those videos are men, not women.

To me, this doesn't conflict at all with the flood of sexual harrassment scandals we've seen.

Edit: not kinkshaming, so if anyone here likes being a sub then go ahead - I just think it would be wrong to assume this represented the way the average woman prefers to be treated.
fair enough. a (post)freudian theorist would probably say something different though.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Somebody told me once that you can hook people up to a computer that sends them the impulse to move their arm or something and they'll do it, and then afterwards have some justification about how they meant to move their arm. What if everything we do is just random impulse followed by post hoc justification?

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
bad plastic surgery

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

1500quidporsche posted:

This is disturbingly specific. Care to elaborate?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Zane posted:

i sometimes for no reason imagine hypothetical scenarios of getting smashed by cars that pass in front of me. the same mechanism for imagining it could make me enact it some day for all I know!

The imp of the perverse is unsettling in general, like not being a fan of heights because you feel like you could throw yourself down there.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
the concept that I'm me, and can only ever be me. why am i this particular person? or even human for that matter? seems much more likely that you'd be born as some random insect in a swamp somewhere and only live for like 2 hours.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

tardwrangler posted:

Get a globe and draw 7000 dots on it
Every dot is 1million people

NSFW this poo poo

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Rad-daddio posted:

This is disturbingly specific. Care to elaborate?

It's just a really bizarre juxaposition to be getting up in the morning and seeing people working away in an office.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lost power for a couple days last month and really started thinking about how fragile the US power grid is and how quickly things would turn to utter poo poo if anything serious went down. Honestly surprised Puerto Rico hasn’t turned into Fury Road yet.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

in australia it is summer

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Achondroplasia

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
You know those puppets from that Genesis music video 'Land of Confusion'. I find those puppets extremely unsettling.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Duke Silver posted:

Bedbugs. Had them 4 1/2 years ago in a lovely 8-person shared apartment, and I check my mattress 3-4 times a week still despite not having a hint of them in probably 3 years. Seriously go to sleep for 6 months knowing lovely bugs were going to eat you alive while you slept because you couldn't group the money together for a decent exterminator, you won't get a good night's sleep for a decade.

I feel your pain, I used to wake up in the middle of the night with bugs on me and it took me years to be able to sleep normal again.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Zane posted:

fair enough. a (post)freudian theorist would probably say something different though.

I don't know anything about post-Freudian theory but I'm curious on how it would logically equate "some people of X type are willing to be paid to deal with Y" and "many people of X type are speaking out against Y" to "the majority of X people secretly want Y".

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

I don't know anything about post-Freudian theory but I'm curious on how it would logically equate "some people of X type are willing to be paid to deal with Y" and "many people of X type are speaking out against Y" to "the majority of X people secretly want Y".

I guess a part of properly treating women involves talking to them quite a bit and engaging in their interests. Usually you will find out some time in that conversation whether that particular woman is going to let you hate gently caress her through the wall.

its the moment when they start talking about feminist theory

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

the opening assumption is that all human actions are fundamentally libidinal and heedless of boundaries between self and other -- but that this is mitigated by socialization. the broader question is the extent to which the 'real' core of the human personality inheres in these--mostly suppressed--libidinal desires (unconscious) or in the end product of this process of libidinal suppression (ego/superego) necessary for the functioning of any kind of organized human society. 'secret desires' aren't desires most people are prepared to admit or even act upon so they're obviously difficult to talk about. but they do exist. interrogate or pressure the sociability of most perfectly well-adjusted people and there's a lot of filth underneath.

Zane fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 7, 2017

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
this convo probably can't get much better so i am 'unsettled' with continuing!

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
Why does everything have an opposite and equal counter part? Is it just something brains do or is that poo poo real

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I find this unsettling in its own way but will refrain from further clogging the thread with it.

Edit: thank you for taking the time to type up that explanation, though.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

1500quidporsche posted:

there's now a hotel literally attached to my office building's parking lot :ghost:

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Bones. I know they are there, but I can't see them. They are in my body, controlling everything and only a thin layer of skin keeps them from breaking free. Sometimes I get the feeling that if I get even a tiny paper cut, all my bones will spill out.

And my teeth are bones I can see? What the gently caress! No thanks, keep all bones away from me.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Erostratus posted:

Bones. I know they are there, but I can't see them. They are in my body, controlling everything and only a thin layer of skin keeps them from breaking free. Sometimes I get the feeling that if I get even a tiny paper cut, all my bones will spill out.

And my teeth are bones I can see? What the gently caress! No thanks, keep all bones away from me.

"Bones, bones, bones, bones, bones inside of you"

This Sesame Street song, sung by The Count, creeped me out when I was a kid. :3:

I have since come to peace with the skeleton inside me.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
when you look closely at your skin it is REAL complicated and almost scaly and it is always growing and dying.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
- College athletics (let's get real people)
- Pumpkin Spice
- Sign language

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
People with ferrets as pets who walk them in public.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

cardiacarrest123 posted:

i've seen a handful of people go from talking to dead .

Sounds like somebody needs to keep their hands to themselves.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Changing my answer to "The fact that Aerosmith is still touring".

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

A bunch of mice dug up through the concrete floor of my shed and there's a pile of dirt that they made while excavating. I'm worried about what they want to do when they really get serious.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
When I imagine what it's like to be in a TPE relationship I get a feeling like I'm being slowly suffocated. Just an intense need to run the gently caress away.

I don't hang out with sex weirds anymore so I rarely get that feeling. TPE is still unsettling.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

girl pants posted:

When I imagine what it's like to be in a TPE relationship I get a feeling like I'm being slowly suffocated. Just an intense need to run the gently caress away.

I don't hang out with sex weirds anymore so I rarely get that feeling. TPE is still unsettling.

TPE???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Total Power Exchange i.e. one person fully controls the entire life of another person

• Locked thread