Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
We used to have chocolate gravy at Sunday school potlucks as a kid.

Otherwise you could try burgoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Great effort. Chocolate gravy is a thicker chocolate sauce that gets served over biscuits. Usually a mix of cocoa powder, milk, butter, and flour.

Example here.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Samizdata posted:

I still want to know what kind of culinary terror my nick would inspire. Oh, no one has to MAKE it, just make it up.

Sounds like an Eastern European dish to me. Boiled cabbage and sausage with caraway seeds and a side of rye bread.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Flaccid Trip posted:

Flaccid Trip makes Puppy Chow

By the name, I guessed it was some kind of dessert, probably kibbley-looking, probably with peanut butter and nuts

I'm letting it cool, but from what I ate off the spoon after scraping it into the pan, I can confirm that it is loving delicious and awful for you.

PUT THIS INSIDE ME NOW.

But really puppy chow is chex cereal coated in melted chocolate and peanut butter then coated in powdered sugar

Recipie here

You were close!!

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Great effort, but Burgoo has nothing to do with burgers. It's a thick stew made from three meats and should be cooked in an iron kettle over an open flame

wikipedia posted:

Traditional burgoo was made using whatever meats and vegetables were available—typically, venison, squirrel, opossum, raccoon or game birds, and was often associated with autumn and the harvest season. Today, local barbecue restaurants use a specific meat in their recipes, usually pork, chicken, or mutton, which, along with the spices used, creates a flavor unique to each restaurant.

A typical burgoo is a combination of meats: pork, chicken, mutton or beef, often hickory-smoked, but other meats are seen occasionally; and vegetables, such as lima beans, corn, okra, tomatoes, cabbage and potatoes. Typically, since burgoo is a slow-cooked dish, the starch from the added vegetables results in thickening of the stew. However, a thickening agent, such as cornmeal, ground beans, whole wheat, or potato starch can be used when cooked in a non-traditional way. In addition, soup bones can be added for taste and thickening.

The ingredients are combined in order of cooking time required, with meat first, vegetables next, and thickening agents as necessary. A good burgoo is said to be able to have a spoon stand up in it. Cider vinegar, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or chili powder are common condiments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Can you come to my local Thai/sushi joint and teach them that. Miles better than any dessert they have. Excepting Thai tea of course.

• Locked thread