Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Invisible Ted posted:

I will take the Hot Brown!

I'd also like to suggest the Cheese Ball and Minnesotan Sushi.

E: Also suggesting Sloppy Joes.

Have we done the loose meat sandwich yet? I like mine on the whitest white bread possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Dr. Kloctopussy posted:

refried beans are hella refried, they are the leftover whole beans from yesterday cooked down with lard into delicious mush.

Agreed. Boil, mash, fry in fat-back, put away in the fridge, save. When wanted, put a good dollop of lard in a pan and then "re-fry" them for serving. The original Spanish word doesn't matter when translated to English.

De re (on the nature of) refried beans is the silliest argument in the world. English is a malleable language. One may as well argue that pot-stickers are a lie because it's not really made of marijuana that has been made into a trans-dermal patch. Or that they are really decorations for cooking vessels. Or that they are, technically, adhesives used to secure a particular type of metal to a particular substrate.

To quote Bill Watterson "I love verbing nouns. It weirds the language." You can do that in English. Embrace it.

• Locked thread