Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Tsitsikovas posted:

https://twitter.com/BAPAtlanta/status/1783670012080718322

Cool. Just every single person in authority in america is captured lol.

They all saw what happened early on to that one president of whatever university and are thinking about their mortgage

To be clear, dti/dta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Tsitsikovas posted:

https://twitter.com/BAPAtlanta/status/1783670012080718322

Cool. Just every single person in authority in america is captured lol.

https://twitter.com/CLamontLives/status/1783584874022015088

There is no shortage of cucked BIPoC willing to sell themselves to white supremacy; deeply embarrassing. See also the parade of speakers from the white house justifying the genocide

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1783550161949487521

🚨 Senior Israeli: The War Cabinet authorized the negotiation team to hold talks with the Egyptian delegation that will arrive in Israel tomorrow with the aim of reaching a deal for the release of hostages
🚨 A second senior Israeli official said that during the war cabinet meeting, Shin Bet chief Ronan Bar and Major General Nitzan Alon presented proposals for additional flexibility that Israel could make in order to try and reach a deal that would gain the approval of Hamas

🚨 Israel is willing to consider the release of only about 20 hostages as part of a deal with Hamas and not 40 as it demanded in the past, senior Israeli officials said
🚨 The Israeli officials said that the Israeli negotiation team made it clear to the members of the War Cabinet that Hamas defines only about 20 abductees as being included in a humanitarian category that includes women, men over 50 and abductees in serious health condition
🚨 This is a significant change in the Israeli position. Israel has so far defined about 40 abductees under this category, but in recent weeks it has become clear that the gap on the issue with Hamas cannot be bridged

this has nothing to do with Hamas core demands but sure i guess they can keep playing this game

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The animal friends of Gaza GoFundMe campaign as still not reached their funding goal to evacuate their families and the invasion of Rafah is very close: https://gofund.me/b8625bbb

Donate if you can, and please spread this link around.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

RC Cola posted:

I am not quite sure how you imagine Israel going the way of Rhodesia.

Jordan and Egypt have more firmly entrenched with Israel post October 7th. Assad has been putting out feelers he may be willing to stop the boycott and warm relations with Israel in exchange for recognition of his government ( also there have been several CIA leaks suggesting Israel/Syria have been on friendly terms for awhile now and the public perception is a smokescreen ). The Sauds are openly stating that as soon as Israel finishes up in Gaza it's more then happy to continue building it's new relations. Outside of a few minor nations, more and more of the Middle East has been giving up on the Palestinians and switching to more pro Israel rhetoric.

Hamas does not have the conventional power to damage Israel in any real meaningful way. I do not think a second October 7th would go well for them either. You speak of them being a pariah state, but we are approaching a point this is meaningless. Spain got in trouble for speaking up ( but kudos for them for actually continuing to push ). The Irish PM that was openly pro Palestine stepped down due to other issues, and Ireland will likely back off during it's power struggles. I think Biden has shown his cards. For the most part the nations of the world have made it quite clear they don't care about the Palestinians, and are waiting for this to be over so they can go back to the status quo/move on.

We talk about how the youth are being radicalized in Palestine, but this is a moot point when Israel has made it clear it's objective is genocide and in 10-20 years Gaza and the West Bank will look marginally worse then they are today.

Rhodesia fell because it was an extreme minority ( 200-300k whites, maybe 5-10k serving ) vs the legitimate population of the region ( 5 million +, including folks from bordering regions. ). In Israel-Palestine Israeli's are the majority. 10 million people live in Israel, compared to 2 million in Gaza and 3 million in the West Bank. This isn't even counting an additional 2 million Palestinians that count themselves as Israelis now according to various census. A grand uprising will be crushed. Future attacks will lead to future purges like this. The rest of the Middle East will not step up to defend Palestine. And the global community will not broker a deal that's not in Israel's favor. Neither the US nor Russia is willing to lose Israel as an ally, or push it further into the arms of their rival.

The current best long term option for Palestine is for for the Spanish/Irish push to recognize Palestine getting turned into a more global movement to force Israel to back the gently caress off and force them to actually treat with Palestine at the proverbial table. But even these motions won't lead to the dissolution of Israel, it'll lead to Palestine being declared a state alongside Israel and likely keep current borders. It'd be a miracle if someone could argue the '67 borders, and it'd require a serious humbling of Israel we haven't seen happen yet. Ultimately might makes right at the global stage and Palestine will likely have to take a lovely deal to get this to stop. Hopefully one that's contingent on UN/EU overwatch of the borders or else Israel will just keep gobbling up territory through settlers.

in the medium term I think you could be right. in the long term Israel is hosed. all those friendly Arab regimes are unstable, with populations that are very much not friendly to Israel. the Arab spring will happen again. these rotten dictatorships aren’t invincible.

there’s a generational change in American perception of Israel. it’ll take a long time for that to translate into something less than unquestioning support but it will happen, and Israel absolutely can’t survive without the American lifeline.

finally fascism eats its own. Israel is a political basketcase. before Oct 7 Israelis’ worst enemy was each other, and I expect them to get back to that soon.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The animal friends of Gaza GoFundMe campaign as still not reached their funding goal to evacuate their families and the invasion of Rafah is very close: https://gofund.me/b8625bbb

Donate if you can, and please spread this link around.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043922

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

i say swears online posted:

the government doubled the exchange rate of the usd overnight about six weeks ago when it went into float in exchange for an IMF loan, is there much talk of that? that's a huge hit to the lifestyles of the affluent, more secular urban middle class which I'm assuming your MIL identifies with

sorry for the pyramid? posting

That’s pretty much the only main topic in Egyptian discourse the past year or so besides Gaza. Everyone is affected and honestly kind of hosed but to variable degrees:

- Poorer families are completely unable to cope with the current price increases and there is significant demand destruction for non-essential products; the only way many of these families survive is through remittances from their relatives working outside Egypt (many in gulf arab states) - before the devaluation these remittances decreased by a third through the banks, something like a 10 bn $ annual decrease, as everyone just sent their money through black market traders instead to make sure their families received the real value of their earnings. Day to day you see more beggars, more homeless people, and more poverty all around.

- Middle class continues to be significantly eroded year by year, wages for governmental / private workers are nowhere close to matching inflation to even begin to match the devaluation of the currency. Pensions lost something like 66% of their purchasing power over one year, EGP savings are practically worthless, its only really a very few business segments that generate earnings in USD that can bear to increase salaries significantly and even then it does not match the reality of the devaluation - my own work thankfully has given us something like a 100% increase over the span of two years, and that sounds like a lot but the currency was devalued by 200% so end of the day you come out losing something like 35% of your purchasing power even in that best case scenario.

pretty much everyone is afraid of further rocking the boat politically, the UAE investment and the IMF loan are largely seen as a good step and a massive lifeline, and the hope is the currency remains at the current level and inflation starts to ease, but it hasnt restored confidence in the future except maybe for the die hard pro-sisi types.

the refrain in discussions is always “well we just got a 50 billion $ lifeline, but what about 4 years down the line when we’re in the exact same position again?” and the answer for most has been to rapidly leave the country and never look back

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Ham posted:

sphinxposting? tutposting? uhhh

kebabposting?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ham posted:

It's actually very illuminating so no apologies necessary, thank you
Egypt is incredibly influential over especially what it looks like the next bit of this war will be, so it's very relevant

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ham posted:

ty good post. my friend is half-egyptian and has been putting off visiting family since like 2018 but he's pretty unaware of what's going on

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i should have had kebab tonight

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

Ham posted:

That’s pretty much the only main topic in Egyptian discourse the past year or so besides Gaza. Everyone is affected and honestly kind of hosed but to variable degrees:

- Poorer families are completely unable to cope with the current price increases and there is significant demand destruction for non-essential products; the only way many of these families survive is through remittances from their relatives working outside Egypt (many in gulf arab states) - before the devaluation these remittances decreased by a third through the banks, something like a 10 bn $ annual decrease, as everyone just sent their money through black market traders instead to make sure their families received the real value of their earnings. Day to day you see more beggars, more homeless people, and more poverty all around.

- Middle class continues to be significantly eroded year by year, wages for governmental / private workers are nowhere close to matching inflation to even begin to match the devaluation of the currency. Pensions lost something like 66% of their purchasing power over one year, EGP savings are practically worthless, its only really a very few business segments that generate earnings in USD that can bear to increase salaries significantly and even then it does not match the reality of the devaluation - my own work thankfully has given us something like a 100% increase over the span of two years, and that sounds like a lot but the currency was devalued by 200% so end of the day you come out losing something like 35% of your purchasing power even in that best case scenario.

pretty much everyone is afraid of further rocking the boat politically, the UAE investment and the IMF loan are largely seen as a good step and a massive lifeline, and the hope is the currency remains at the current level and inflation starts to ease, but it hasnt restored confidence in the future except maybe for the die hard pro-sisi types.

the refrain in discussions is always “well we just got a 50 billion $ lifeline, but what about 4 years down the line when we’re in the exact same position again?” and the answer for most has been to rapidly leave the country and never look back

:justpost:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

in the medium term I think you could be right. in the long term Israel is hosed. all those friendly Arab regimes are unstable, with populations that are very much not friendly to Israel. the Arab spring will happen again. these rotten dictatorships aren’t invincible.

there’s a generational change in American perception of Israel. it’ll take a long time for that to translate into something less than unquestioning support but it will happen, and Israel absolutely can’t survive without the American lifeline.

finally fascism eats its own. Israel is a political basketcase. before Oct 7 Israelis’ worst enemy was each other, and I expect them to get back to that soon.

Also the math in the post isn't right.

quote:

According to these Israeli and Palestinian estimates, the population in Israel and the Palestinian territories stands at from 6.1 to 6.2 million Palestinians and 6.1 million Jews.[130][failed verification] According to Sergio DellaPergola, if foreign workers and non-Jewish Russian immigrants in Israel are subtracted, Jews are already a minority in the land between the river and the sea.[130] DellaPergola calculates that Palestinians as of January 2014 number 5.7 million as opposed to a "core Jewish population" of 6.1 million.[130]

Jewish people are already a minority. Which will be helpful when the modern state of Israel is abolished and a new non Jewish nationalist state is created where every citizen has an equal right to self determination and dignity and life. It happened in Northern Ireland. It can happen here.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

using northern ireland as an example for a future unified palestine is an interesting choice

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

i say swears online posted:

using northern ireland as an example for a future unified palestine is an interesting choice

The unionists are still loving things up in the wake of Brexit but at least there's some self determination occurring peacefully esp with Sinn Fein gaining power recently

But then again I'm not from there and don't nearly know as much as I should about there

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also it seems like large amounts of Israel's population are coddled useless psychos who genuinely expect the rest of the world to die for their treats.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

uncritical support to student protestors

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i know its SYQ but israel's days are legit numbered. Oct 7 was the high water mark for support for israel by its western backers. backlash to support israel is only going to get worse and as the current batch of ancient zionists die off, their replacements even if they're mckinsey ghouls, won't back israel to the hilt like biden is ever again. it may take a decade or two but eventually their international support will dry up and they'll be devoured by the resistance

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The American empire is on its way out, and Israel cant survive without that support.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

uncritical support to student protestors

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

https://x.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1783405480947146947

It's always striking how casually Zionists mention horrifying war crimes like summary executions of restrained prisoners as if it were completely normal.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Canasta_Nasty posted:

It's always striking how casually Zionists mention horrifying war crimes like summary executions of restrained prisoners as if it were completely normal.

It's also striking how nonsensical what they say is. "[Hamas] hide underground while innocent people are up above" like, the gently caress you're just admitting here that the bombing isn't hitting Hamas at all? Then what's the point of it?

I mean it's clearly to punish the Palestinians for resisting, and to ethnically cleanse them from their homes, but that's what they're trying to hide. And she just doesn't

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Canasta_Nasty posted:

It's almost like they've done so many terrible things that they've grown numb to it!

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Bushnell saw the video feed of these mass killings and live burials happening in real time thats why he burned himself.

cummunism420
Apr 21, 2022
death to Israel
death to America

everyone in the IDF and every police sniper deserves to ;)

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

RC Cola posted:

I am not quite sure how you imagine Israel going the way of Rhodesia.

Jordan and Egypt have more firmly entrenched with Israel post October 7th. Assad has been putting out feelers he may be willing to stop the boycott and warm relations with Israel in exchange for recognition of his government ( also there have been several CIA leaks suggesting Israel/Syria have been on friendly terms for awhile now and the public perception is a smokescreen ). The Sauds are openly stating that as soon as Israel finishes up in Gaza it's more then happy to continue building it's new relations. Outside of a few minor nations, more and more of the Middle East has been giving up on the Palestinians and switching to more pro Israel rhetoric.

Hamas does not have the conventional power to damage Israel in any real meaningful way. I do not think a second October 7th would go well for them either. You speak of them being a pariah state, but we are approaching a point this is meaningless. Spain got in trouble for speaking up ( but kudos for them for actually continuing to push ). The Irish PM that was openly pro Palestine stepped down due to other issues, and Ireland will likely back off during it's power struggles. I think Biden has shown his cards. For the most part the nations of the world have made it quite clear they don't care about the Palestinians, and are waiting for this to be over so they can go back to the status quo/move on.

We talk about how the youth are being radicalized in Palestine, but this is a moot point when Israel has made it clear it's objective is genocide and in 10-20 years Gaza and the West Bank will look marginally worse then they are today.

Rhodesia fell because it was an extreme minority ( 200-300k whites, maybe 5-10k serving ) vs the legitimate population of the region ( 5 million +, including folks from bordering regions. ). In Israel-Palestine Israeli's are the majority. 10 million people live in Israel, compared to 2 million in Gaza and 3 million in the West Bank. This isn't even counting an additional 2 million Palestinians that count themselves as Israelis now according to various census. A grand uprising will be crushed. Future attacks will lead to future purges like this. The rest of the Middle East will not step up to defend Palestine. And the global community will not broker a deal that's not in Israel's favor. Neither the US nor Russia is willing to lose Israel as an ally, or push it further into the arms of their rival.

The current best long term option for Palestine is for for the Spanish/Irish push to recognize Palestine getting turned into a more global movement to force Israel to back the gently caress off and force them to actually treat with Palestine at the proverbial table. But even these motions won't lead to the dissolution of Israel, it'll lead to Palestine being declared a state alongside Israel and likely keep current borders. It'd be a miracle if someone could argue the '67 borders, and it'd require a serious humbling of Israel we haven't seen happen yet. Ultimately might makes right at the global stage and Palestine will likely have to take a lovely deal to get this to stop. Hopefully one that's contingent on UN/EU overwatch of the borders or else Israel will just keep gobbling up territory through settlers.

I think you're misreading or misinterpreting some of these population figures, there are 7.2 million Israeli Jews in the whole of Palestine, in the official Zionist State, and the West Bank and East Jerusalem and the Golan. There are 2.08 million citizens of the Zionist state classified as Arab (this is a broad categorization that does include some smaller minorities that might not consider themselves Palestinian). There are about 5 million Palestinians in the territories. Just within Palestine, we're dealing with populations of about equivalent size. That is not taking into account the Palestinian diaspora, another 6 million at a minimum, millions of whom would be eager to return if permitted, and millions of whom live in neighboring countries. The Zionists, in the meantime, do not have to merely contend with the Palestinians, but occupy and attack Syrian and Lebanese territory, and have been unable to subdue Hezbollah, or even conduct successful conventional operations against them. Imperial puppet governments are, naturally, willing to cooperate with the USA's attack dog in the region, but the more they do, the more their own legitimacy is threatened, and any attempt to bail them out would stretch US and Zionist forces even thinner, and they are already spread so thin they cannot even secure the north of Palestine itself.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Guys the fact that they had their skin removed, organs removed and hands tied behind backs clearly indicated they had donor on their driver's license and also were arrested before being tried on front of jury of their peer in the Idf

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Free Paul soccer

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Ham posted:

When an egyptian friend of mine won a canadian immigration lottery we hugged and cried out of happiness, he really got a new lease on life and I'll miss him dearly but it's better for him and his future family.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ded redd posted:

sphinxposting? tutposting? uhhh

kebabposting?

kushariposting, surely

Pomeroy posted:

I think you're misreading or misinterpreting some of these population figures, there are 7.2 million Israeli Jews in the whole of Palestine, in the official Zionist State, and the West Bank and East Jerusalem and the Golan. There are 2.08 million citizens of the Zionist state classified as Arab (this is a broad categorization that does include some smaller minorities that might not consider themselves Palestinian). There are about 5 million Palestinians in the territories. Just within Palestine, we're dealing with populations of about equivalent size. That is not taking into account the Palestinian diaspora, another 6 million at a minimum, millions of whom would be eager to return if permitted, and millions of whom live in neighboring countries. The Zionists, in the meantime, do not have to merely contend with the Palestinians, but occupy and attack Syrian and Lebanese territory, and have been unable to subdue Hezbollah, or even conduct successful conventional operations against them. Imperial puppet governments are, naturally, willing to cooperate with the USA's attack dog in the region, but the more they do, the more their own legitimacy is threatened, and any attempt to bail them out would stretch US and Zionist forces even thinner, and they are already spread so thin they cannot even secure the north of Palestine itself.

not to mention that israel is a settler-colonial state, and settlers can and will run the hell away en masse when the fun and easy times of getting rich off robbing the natives suddenly turn into an actual tough fight

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/NBCNews/status/1783779311062786269

Geek Icon
May 8, 2006
Hello.

I cried.

The rogue apartheid state and its enablers can go gently caress itself down to the deepest depths of the void.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

my opinion, no shooting the bastards responsible, if it can be avoided. extradite whoever the resistance forces want, hang the rest in public, and let the crows go to town as long as public hygiene allows. set a proper goddamn example.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

gently caress Israel forever

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

death to israel

and death to the loving west for enabling this

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Twerk from Home posted:

This is normal, there have been police snipers at pretty much every college football game for years.

lmfao

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

This is normal, there have been police snipers at pretty much every college football game for years.

Those streakers aren’t gonna circumscribe themselves, me boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

gently caress you for posting this garbage, i read this thread specifically so I don't need to read lib doomer horseshit. oval office.