Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Looks like the latest update broke the "hold down the button for auto mode" on the Go+. It actually triggers the catch/spin when you release the button now. It does, however, react right away now instead of after a delay like it's been doing since iOS 11. A modded Go+ would probably still work though, since it should release the button after the vibrating stops.

Even weirder, it apparently fixed the Go-tcha's auto mode that broke in the last update. I don't have mine on me to test it though.

[edit]Once you start a catch, you can press the button again to stop the vibrating & flashing.

TVs Ian fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Psychobabble! posted:

:confused: Its working just fine on auto? As recently as a couple minutes ago. It's been going all day no problem.

It was broken on iOS 11 on the previous update, it works again now.

Unfortunately, I unpaired mine, used it on an iOS 10 phone for a bit, and now it refuses to pair to anything at all.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

GTJustin posted:

I switch between a s6 edge and an iPhone, Everytime I do on the iPhone I have to go to Bluetooth settings and forget the go-tcha, then sync it again and it'll work, maybe try that?

It’s disconnected and forgotten from everything, and there’s an X on the pairing status screen. The game will see it, and even light up green when I hit the button, but it never prompts me to actually pair or finishes connecting. Same thing on 2 iPhones and an iPad.

I’m charging up an old Nexus 10, planning on trying it out there to see what happens.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Das Doppelganger posted:

Android. I've been reading all the good reviews on spins and was wondering if it was hogwash or if I have a bum unit. It spins within moments of 'finding' the stops, but it takes forever to find them. (The pink arrow over the stop) I wonder if distance between the Gotcha and the phone is an issue. I had the wristband on the rear view mirror and the phone on my lap.

I'll monitor it the next couple of days, try it on other devices, and return if needed.

Thanks!

The actual “locking on” to stops and Pokémon is handled by the game, the Go+/Go-tcha doesn’t do that. Sounds like either a slow connection or flaky GPS.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Still haven't gotten one. I only raid a few time a month and the parks in town are stops and not gyms, so that's probably got something to do with it. I actually haven't seen a sponsored gym anywhere around here, seems like they're all stops too.

I hope when they rotate in the next EX raid, they'll make Mewtwo a normal raid for a while so I can actually catch one.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

seiferguy posted:

I'm pretty sure the main reason Niantic isn't allowing iPhone 5 anymore is because it was the spoofer's choice of phone since it lacked a lot of security patches. They'll probably ban Android 5.0 phones soon too.

Any jailbroken phone would be in the same boat, and you can jailbreak an iPhone X if it didn’t update past 11.1.2.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Go-tcha works again. Works even better than it did before the iOS 11 update boned Bluetooth for a minute.

Yeah, I briefly had a problem with mine not pairing (probably only an issue if you switch it between devices), but letting the battery die fixed it.

It’s a lot nicer than the official one if only because it’s rechargeable, just be careful with the auto-catch mode if you’re actually looking for something and not just catching stuff while driving or otherwise not looking at your phone.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Didn't see it mentioned, but if you evolve a Surfing Pikachu, it just gets regular Raichu moves, no Surf. I happened to catch a 93% so I figured I'd test it out.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Oh hey, just got my first EX raid pass. I recently found one particular park where some local people were trying to trigger one, so I've been hitting it as often as I can. I guess it paid off.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

So I put Evolve into the search to see what I had enough candy to evolve, and my Dittos are showing in the list, wanting to evolve into Raticates and Golbats.

That's a new one. I'm afraid to see what happens if I actually hit it.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

seiferguy posted:

My ditto wanted to evolve into a pigdeotto, tried it and got an "couldn't evolve due to an unknown error" heh.

Yeah, I had an extra and tried to evolve it into a Furret and got the same error. But I guess this is more confirmation that the game remembers what they appeared as, in addition to the "turns back into their old form if you use two Dittos" thing.

Man, the database for this game must be a mess.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

financially racist posted:

the first main-series shiny i ever saw was a poliwag in gold version on my way back to a city to restock pokeballs (ie i could not catch it).

i did not see another shiny until gen 5, where i got two within two weeks (blitzle and...pidgey).

I used the Mimic/Transform glitch to get a shiny Ditto in Gen 2, and bred a whole pile of shinies from it. I have run into one or two wild ones since then, but they've mostly been bred.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I caught a 0% IV party hat Pikachu to go with the rest of my 0% collection.

I think they're actually rarer than 100%s.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Sanford posted:

I have 13 100%s and I’ve never seen a 0%. I’d love a 0% Seaking, undoubtedly the worst Pokémon.

I’ve got the Pikachu, a Wobbuffet, a Numel, and a level 1 Rattata. Not evolving any of the evolvable ones.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Panic Restaurant posted:

Is it worth upgrading to the Go-Tcha if I already have a GO+? I actually kinda like pushing the button, but more automatic efficiency sounds good.

The Go-tcha is great for driving, assuming you have low-speed parts of your drive. It's also handy if you work in a spot where you can reach one or more Pokestops, because you can just suck up items all day and only have to reconnect periodically when the game times out the connection.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

dwarf74 posted:

I've only been playing a year but this doesn't look like any kind of in-game bug I've seen on any game. Full model and animation, changes into a Ditto? I'd expect a bug to look a lot worse and/or crash. The scanned network traffic and Niantic posts, too.

More than likely, the nut & ditto part of it were supposed to be invisible, and it was going to turn into Kecleon when caught.

It seems like it would have been easier to modify Kecleon's model instead of creating this new thing, but who knows. Maybe it looked weird in motion.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Zombie Dachshund posted:

I had a gotcha break within 72 hours of buying it; I was able to return it to GameStop and get a replacement easily. So that’s an advantage.

(I’ve had my second for a couple of weeks and it’s starting to act weird. I don’t know whether it’s poorly made or if I’m unlucky, but I’m glad I saved my receipt.)

I did have one glitch in mine where it stopped being able to pair with anything (I was switching it between my phone and iPad for a while). Letting the battery drain completely cleared out whatever pairing was messing it up, and it's worked fine since. I got mine direct when it first launched, so it's seen a lot of use and has otherwise been Ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Elysiume posted:

Doesn't trading reroll the IVs? How does that even work?

Maybe he doesn't trade them? If he finds a raid for x% IV, he could log on a second device with his customer's account, have it join the raid, then catch it there. Could even do multiple devices at once if you find a good one.

Which I suppose could put that other account in danger of being banned, depending on when/where they last logged on.

With that many raids, is he spoofing the location, or just counting running the same raid over and over to catch it for multiple people?

• Locked thread