Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
PVP needs to be launched with zero to minimal bugs, so I don't want to see goofy stuff like mythical pokemon until they've knocked that completely out of the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I only want PVP because I feel like tournaments would follow suit. I'm already buying components for my villain attire.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I know that PVP will probably just be a 2-way DPS mash fest because Niantic doesn't really have any vision. I would love if PVP was a turn based thing in the overall style of the original games. I know that would involve loving with the meta to a degree they wouldn't be interested in (they won't even fix glitch deaths) but I think that would make PVP way more interesting. A diversity of attacks, elements from the other games that haven't even bee sniffed at in this game.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Wheany posted:

Speaking of being a weird angry nerd over a video game: there was a gym on my way to work with 6 pokemon, all with 0 motivation, all had been on the gym for more than 10 hours. It's not even 8 in the morning yet. Perfect! I'm going to liberate those coins. No need to thank me :dings:.

The first 3 mons were blissey, dragonite and snorlax, with the blissey and snorlax clearly being the same player on two accounts due to the similar names. Someone feeds a golden razzberry to the last mon, an alolan exeggutor. Like come on, what is that supposed to accomplish except make me post about it on the internet?
There's a maniac in our local raid group who golden razzed a gym we were knocking down long enough for him to haul rear end to the gym and scream at us about knocking over gyms and saying he was going to call the police because we were parked at a closed custard stand. That was quite aggressive.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Rhydon is the guy that comes over to cat sit when you're at work during the day.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rotinaj posted:

So, I just got into this after my two buddies showed me the game and invited me to play with them.

It's shockingly fun to walk around and chuck pokeballs at random poo poo on my lunch break.
It's shockingly fun considering the developers have no concept of how or why it's fun. It is assumed all improvements to the game are fully by accident.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I sorta regret it, but I'm running a star piece and grinding at the same time. My hatches are poo poo, but I am accumulating a lot of stardust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Stopped off at the park to walk off the last km I needed for my eggs. A raid for Lapras was up but since it was almost 6pm no one would be by so I kept walking. Until I finally noticed a lady in her late 40s chasing me yelling "DID YOU WANT TO LAPRAS?". Sure, Ill Lapras. She called up her daughters(?) and they drove up to where we were and the 4 of us tried to take it down. 2 failed attempts because Im not very high level and I dont have anything good to use other than a Jolteon. They seemed sad but said thanks for trying and left. Now Im bummed and finished walking off my eggs. 5 alolan Meowths. gently caress you game.

Got home only to see a Lapras chilling on my front lawn. Thanks game. :unsmith:
Machamp raids, yo. They're your best friend.

• Locked thread