Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm at 228 so I have been Gold for a while, I hope the rest of you hit it next weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Now 3/3 on Mewtwo, no really great ones but hey, I have three!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I already had my Gold Dragon badge, but I caught 156 in two hours. Total 4 shiny. I ran out of pinapp and ultra balls and decided I was done. Fun day!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

If that is the next Community Day chosen Pokemon, I am skipping it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Ballz posted:

I hate everything but most of all, I hate myself. Go Team Instinct!

:emptyquote:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Dodging is pointless unless you're trying to do a minimal-person raid.

This

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I did two raids at a park last week, got EX Passes for both of them. Got the first yesterday for tomorrow then another just now for next Saturday. Hilarious because I have almost never visited that park and the gyms I have Gold Medals at that are hosting EX Raids the same days I didn't get anything for.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

167 regular raids, 97 legendary, 5 EX Raid passes now with tomorrow and next week.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

4/4 on Mewtwo so far. Wife got her first. Good day today.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Aerodactyl, Dratini, Lapras, Mareep like mad. One crappy Snorlax, a decent Bagon and a decent Ralts. lovely event for me for 10k.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Finished Gen3 today (North America only). Just in time for more to be released.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Wingull is boosted via 5k eggs in the current event so that's honestly your best bet as they'd normally spawn in windy weather but outside that are really rare. 7 of the 8 I've caught have been via eggs in this event.

They nest too, we had a pretty large nest before the last rotation and a smaller one now. It was an hour of roaming to get enough for the evolve and I have ignored them since.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

The news report says Sky attack is newly improved. I guess that means it's getting a buff. Maybe flying will actually mean something in the meta again.

I wonder if I can use a TM on my existing ones and not care about doing these raids...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

2 weeks seems like an adequate time for Lugia.

Kinda hoping they release something else if interest trails off. I will likely only do it if it is an EX Gym or if I am trying to get Gold.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Finally had a Mewtwo run on my today, so now I am only 4/5. Did get a shiny Lugia on my first raid today, so I pinapped him. 89IV too!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I know people who were harassed by this guy, it's a little scary to think a game has such an impact. It was quite the topic of conversation at raids this weekend.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Hey, looks like there's more Shiny Legendaries in the game's data files.

Most are staggeringly ugly. A few more are basically indistinguishable from their normal counterparts. And like three or four are pretty cool.

https://pokemongohub.net/post/wiki/list-of-legendary-pokemon-with-available-in-game-normal-and-shiny-sprites/

I want a shiny Rayquaza please

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I think I hatched 4 Aero, 4 Dratini, 5 Beldum, 2 Chimecho, 1 Bagon and 1 Snorlax from mine.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

that's absolutely awful

trapinch and bagon are the only two that are really tough to get and stayed tough for no reason at all

I had somehow already hatched a bunch of Trapinch, so I checked all those off already. I have one Salamance but it's not over 3k yet because they are so hard to get the candy for.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I am kind of surprised no new wave of EX Passes went out yet.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I got two passes last time, one on Thursday for a Saturday raid then on Friday for a raid the following Saturday. I don't recall getting one on Community Day but who knows.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

My Go+ no longer vibrates, it just blinks. I am not sure if this is an improvement or not...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I got an EX pass for a Sprint store down the street from where I work, a fellow goon and I did a Snorunt raid there a couple days ago. He got one too, neither of us are Gold on that gym. Who the hell knows how they are doing it anymore...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

SMH if you don't have multiple 3k Gyardos and Kyogres for Aqua Team Go

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Ashrik posted:

That's a pro for the gotcha? This is written backwards, right?

I think so

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Got another EX Pass for the Sprint store right by where I work. I need to start raiding closer to home again :(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

are ex raids always for mewtwo? i got a third and my second one is tomorrow

So far!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

sebzilla posted:

Does the double candy count for Mew? Wonder how hard I need to push in this event or if I might as well just chill.

Yes and you cannot pineapp it. You get unlimited Red Balls and is caught after the third hit.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Welp. I guess I have a new buddy for the next 20k.

Nice! My best is a 91IV but I am on my third Milotic now.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have seen a couple Dratini and had a wild Snorlax run on an Excellent Curve. The more things change!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

peak debt posted:

Edit: Has anyone already tried hitting a lot of Pokestops while constantly recycling quests to see if they can get the "3 excellent throws for a Larvitar" one?

No, but I made sure to grab the two Hatch Five Eggs quests which have been posted on the local Facebook lately, and one turned out to be a 95.6IV Chansey.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Someone at my Mewtwo raid drove from Yakima to Seattle to be there. That's over a two-hour drive without traffic, and one of the major highways in Seattle was closed for construction all weekend. Talk about dedication to the game.

I bailed on a half hour drive for one today, but I have 5 MewTwo already.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Zapdos coming for Research gifts in May.

Oh gee how exciting... NOT

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

The takes are hot and fresh in this thread.

As someone that just can't get out to raid at all, I'm very happy there's another way to get those legendary 'dex entries.

I get that, and I'm happy for you that you get to go after something you missed; however, I get the idea that a lot of people might prefer something like regional exclusives that were not previously available here in North America,.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Psion posted:

did you realistically expect being able to pull a Mr. Mime or whatever out of a field research?

I mean sure I'd love to get dex completion based on my ability to spin 10 pokestops a day or make 3 great throws, but uh...I don't think so

Yeah, I would think they might do it eventually, either that or trading!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DeadlyHalibut posted:

No, it's just a display bug. You'll get the next candy at 0, or if you restart the game it fixes itself. Enjoy the free candy!

I swap my buddy out then back so that way you get the free candy and the distance resets from negative to zero. I have not seen it fix itself on a restart but I haven't tried that in a while...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

No EX Passes today?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Psion posted:

nope, today instead. Wave just going out now.

Yeah I got one today :toot:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I ended up getting two research stamps today somehow and caught Zapdos today instead of tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Did a raid at a particular EX gym for the first and only time ever this last week, got an EX Pass for it :toot:

• Locked thread