Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
If I would have known trading was coming I would have caught/kept more Farfetch'd when I was in Japan last week :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I was pretty happy when I got a 98IV karp and was coming up on 400 candies. Then I got a shiney one :smithicide:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I've been liking the gifts someone's been sending me from a stop simply called Invasive Plants.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
So is it really only one field research per stop per day? I haven't seen any sunglass ones in the wild, only from the event missions but it's kind of lame if we are limited to how many stops are around us for the event ones.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Went out with the wife today and had a really good time. We are both looking forward to the next event. I ended up with a bad normal shiney and two glasses shinies. She only got one with the glasses but she was still happy. When we sat down to mulch the bad ones and evolve during the last 15min or so I was sitting on around 900 candies. This event was much funner than yesterdays raid event imo.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Hey who's trainer name is LividLiquid? You wouldn't happen to have gotten an EX pass for tomorrow at the Sprint on 2nd ave would ya?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

NZAmoeba posted:

Man landing 3 excellent throws in a row is hard

I can get up to 2 in a row, but I refuse to ditch the challenge out of pride. I can do this.

The tricky part is if you find a pokemon you're able to get a good chance of an excellent on, all your excellent throws are going to result in you catching the drat thing, then you have to attempt on whatever other mon is nearby. You have to hope the thing breaks out of your excellent throws, and doesn't run away in the process.

My Raikou is due tomorrow, so hopefully I can drug that thing up with bananas and throw a ton of red balls at it. But I'm already running low on red balls from all my other previous attempts on wild pokemon lol. It's also the first time I'm needing to hoard nanabs instead of firing them off at the next gym I come across.

I had my mythic challenge up when I did my first Raikou and I landed 5 or 6 excellents on him. He's pretty easy to get a good throw on because of the large circle and him not being too close or too far away either.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I got my first Mewtwo today :dance:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

FistEnergy posted:

I'm never going to get a Mewtwo and that's Okay

Honestly I kind of thought this for a while. The EX pass was totally random. I went downtown to meet a friend for drinks after work and saw a raid so I hit it while I waited. Couple days later, ex pass comes through in the morning. I'd never even been to that gym before that.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

This is the best one I've gotten with trading with my coworker. Now I just need the wife to sort out her collection because she has a bunch of well aged starters and all sorts of other stuff that we need to start trading :getin:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
So for the shiney Pokemon, is there a list of which ones have a shiney version or do all of the ones that are currently released have a shiney version?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Black Feather posted:

EX gyms are always found in parks,

I don't think this is correct considering the only EX raid I have ever done was at a Sprint store gym.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Bina posted:

Ooh- I'll have to check my email.

Anyone live in the Seattle area?

I'm up north but down in the U district a lot and sometimes the city proper. Lividliquid is in Seattle too I think.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Ephphatha posted:

Distance between where the two pokemon were caught. If you've got bugged pokemon with no location (I've got three :v:) the distance calculation fails and you get 1 candy, even during the boosted candy event last week.

I've noticed that if the Pokemon is caught from completing your field research it always seems to trade for 0 distance.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
We had a pretty good weekend raiding. Wife got her lucky Ho-oh at the last raid we planned to do for the evening. Her first legendary shiney too.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Ho-oh was pretty easy for me. Went 8/8 on the catches but the one I always have trouble with are Chikoritas. They break berried ultraballs like its nobodies business then zip awap. Way lower catch rate for me than any other starter 'mon. They also don't show much outside this event. I have hordes of Totodiles and Cindaquills but not the little green bastards.

Actually all the grass starters I seem to see at a drastically lower rate.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Ordered Go-tchas for myself and my wife. Why couldn't you assholes just shut up about them :negative:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Consummate Professional posted:

After 9 days I am on step 3 of the Celebi quest

You're not alone, if that helps.

Side note for Seattle area PoGo goons. The area around the convention center is crawling with unowns.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

kensei posted:

Going to Seattle for the Foo Fighters concert this weekend, I hope if I sit in a lot of traffic the PoGo+ goes nuts for PAX Unowns :hawksin:

RE: Machamp solo - I use my team of Mewtwo monsters, it usually wrecks them pretty well with 45 seconds left or so.

Ride the light rail up from the stadium after for the parties.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I wasn't able to nickname one of you guys "Virginia" for your location due to it being an inappropriate name. :rolleyes:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Posting at 2am from PAX and I've finally been able to hold the gym at our hotel for more than 5 minutes. So many people playing it's hard to get a single coin from a gym before its torn down by one team and then immediately torn down by another in on endless cycle.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
We just received our gotchas and I have to say the little thing is pretty awesome. It's absolutely hoovering up stuff during my commute and while I'm at work, plus it seems to keep distance tracking better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
So I've been playing since release but just discovered that you can select more than one Pokemon and blender them all in one go...

• Locked thread