Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
:allears:
Did I do something wrong, or is the incubator you get from spinning pokestops from today 'till christmas only one use?

I've been very casual with the game, but i'm pretty sure incubators were 3-use, so this is essentially a single incubator chopped up. How nice of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Ones from stops are 1 use. They did this last year too.

Well, at least it has precedent.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The biggest box will swap Lures for Premium Raid Passes after Christmas, so that makes it a bit better.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Hooray for Pokemon community day! :dance:

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/communityday

First move exclusive Pokemon is a Pikachu with Surf

This is a good idea, but two issues:
1) gently caress having even more variant pikachus i can't throw to the candy factory
2) 3 hours one day a month????????

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think i'm 1 for 2 on Groudon and 2 for 3 on Kyogre. I'm really casual about it, which kinda sucks because my girlfriend's really into Go and she did not get either of those legendaries so far.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dr Tran posted:

My local maps show Pokémon nicknames.

My friend has a Dragonite named EatMyAssVgns

She hates the local vegans, so she drops it in their gyms.

Let her now that I assumed that was "Eat my assvaginas" before reading the next sentence.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Caught a good, big bunch of Dratinis. Got two shinies and my girlfriend 3, plus a couple over 90% regular dratinis. It was a fun event, specially since our best area to farm pokestops is a 5-block-one-way street, so it was swarming with people going back and forth on the pokestop clusters.

Oh! And we both got our first Rayquaza. Was really nice because it was with two other couples, of which one was two old chinese people who were level 40.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, Bulbasaur is the next community event, on the 25th. Boring, yeah, but hey, TRIPLE XP.
https://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/events/community-day/

..for captures only. Eh, my gf loves Bulbasaur and I want to get a venasaur at long last, so it'll be neat. With an egg that's 600 xp at minimum per catch, so it should be neat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Curious about what June will bring to Pokemon Go. With this next community event, and what legends we have left, it seems like March to May will be kanto starters for community and the reggies for raid battles. That'll only leave Lati@s. They could do June-July, but I'm kinda hoping they do both at once and July sees the start of Gen 4?
Community Day I could see Ditto. It couldn't happen, but it'd be fun as heck if they went ham and every ditto came out as a legendary on the map. Otherwise, maybe Larvitar?

But i'm probably putting too much faith on Go and we'll get Gen 4 starting at Christmas this year.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Couple of weeks ago, my gf and I were out for whatever reason and decided to hit a Charmander raid at a tiny park thing. Cue Ex-Raid pass for Today. It went surprisingly smooth, we had a full 20 people in the second group that went in, caught an alright Mewtwo, we went around downtown walking and eating frozen yogurt until she got the ten raids (including me paying 11 cents to get an extra premium raid to get Latios). Then some nice walking around (snow finally fully cleared out and the day was sunny and warm even) she got Mew.

Just a very nice Pokemon Go day.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Entropist posted:

I used to have a plan where my speed was limited to 64 kbps when I went over a certain limit, and that was just on the borderline of being playable. It was very difficult to login, but if I logged in via wifi and then continued playing on the speed-limited data connection it more or less worked most of the time, albeit slowly, and I couldn't log back in if I crashed out somehow (which happened a lot). But indeed, once I was logged in it didn't play all that differently. This was when the game was new though, and the game uses about 2x more data now than it did back then.

This is my current experience as well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mine's 4846 0100 3075

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ransack posted:

I just got a 7k egg from a gift. Anyone know what's in them?

An Alolan pokemon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ephphatha posted:

Added everyone except louisgod because I can't copy text from a screenshot. 6486 5105 0153

Thanks for the gift! Got my first alolan egg from it.

Gonna go on a pokestop binge tomorrow afterwork and pay it forward to everyone.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Spent the day walking around downtown. Got a few shinies and sunglasses shinies, but most importantly I got about 280K of experience and a good amount of Bagon and Beldum candies. And a Regice.

I'm mixed on the event; all the extra EXP for captures and extended Lucky Eggs from the other event, and the reduced hatching distance, were excellent, but the squirtle aviators were pretty lame and them being the only reward was bad. Now I gotta chip away at several dozen squirtles that can't be sent en masse to the candy factory.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Only got 2 shinies, but one is the highest level ive ever caufht and with like 80-85% iv so thats neat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Vegastar posted:

So, a Sinnoh badge got added serverside today, per the usual pogo datamining people.

Also the new raid bosses include Kirlia, Magmar, Tangela, Rhydon, and Piloswine.

Not gonna get terribly excited, but it's an interesting datapoint.

Heck yeah, gonna be ready to evolve these dudes.

I just hope magmortar is finally good in a videogame..

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Went 1/5 on mewtwo raids, but it was pretty fun to do a 60ish person raid train over a few blocks. And the dittonut was super adorable. Good community day, i even bothered to catch a few chikoritas.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nutboi is everything GameFreak wanted Zygarde cells to be and more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

pile of brown posted:

Most people would consider having every single Pokemon spawn in the game replaced with a glitch Pokemon that doesn't exist and isn't catchable to not be a very playable version of Pokemon game, yes.

The pokemon turns into ditto upon capture, a pokemon who is very rare to spawn and tricky to spot due to its transforming mechanic, which means that during that half hour you could do every part of gameplay and have guaranteed captures of a rare pokemon. Sounds like a very good time to be playing the game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I've got like half a dozen of you guys just at the edge of ultra friends because I'm waiting to drop a double egg at the end of the celebi quest and cash in all that sweet exp, so, uh, my bad. Probably Wednesday I guess.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This is literally the plot of Wreck-It-Ralph

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

NOT. A. GLITCH.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1044569957776801792?s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://youtu.be/nvLDA70ZvbU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

This was a great little marketing stunt. Nobody saw this coming.

My favorite part of all this is that we did and had no idea what was happening.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

So just to be sure I'm not missing something, Deoxys is as inconvenient to raid as Mewtwo used to be, with the added perk of not actually being any good?

We took him down extremely easily with just five people. Deoxys Normal Forme is a chump

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Maybe Bidoof if they count it gaining a water type in its evolution?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sanford posted:

Just caught a beldum right outside the maternity ward so now I have a baby and a metagross. A good day.

What are the IVs on both?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Apparently Niantic posted and then deleted a post about psychic week starting tomorrow

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1047939879601152001

No real details were told, but hey, psychic types. Hope it means extra xp or stardust or something, too.

and here it is
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/psychic-spectacular/

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 4, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I want the next boss raid to be Regi....

GIGAS.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He that is without Sinnoh 'mons, let him first cast a Pokeball at 'em.
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1049677507111211009

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I gotta assume it'll coincide with Mewtwo's end as the current raid boss. Start up with spoopy Girantina. Maybe ghost type Gen 4 pokemon first, then later in November more of them? Though I'd really prefer if they just dump the whole gen at once and let me get my Chimchars.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dr Tran posted:

This how scanners work now

God, I hope with all my heart that this grows enough that it becomes suspicious and cops raid it assuming it's a weed operation.

Depending on how exactly the metal box works, it might be fun to take a switch during a raid and just give everyone a box each.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pokemon GO: Sinnoh Evil, Hear No Seagull.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Huh, just noticed that Niantic was tweeting about Chimchar on Saturday and Turtwig yesterday. Maybe today?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Louisgod posted:

Doubtful, both gen2 and gen3 large waves were released on a Friday.

DizzyBum posted:

I'm glad they did this and hopefully the trend continues. Releasing a new gen on the weekend is just very kind.

I get the feeling they might wait until next week since Beldum Day is this weekend, but who knows?

Huh, okay, that's nice actually.

Then yeah, next Friday would probably be the best time. Sprinkle some day-long events here and there and just let Beldum carry this weekend and Gen 4 the next one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The rebalance is fake, Niantic just slapped every single pokemon ever in the head.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1051906924399271936

RIP all our 666s and 420s

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They are literally turning it off and on again to stop the HP blunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't evolve any of my boys into Gen 4 stuff, so i'm guessing we rolled in commons and starters?

• Locked thread