Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Krankenstyle posted:

are cardinals supposed to be hostile?

also, i keep hearing magpies are aggressive but i never experienced it myself so im startin to wonder which magpies are supposed to be aggro?

Male Australian magpies are nasty as gently caress during breeding season only. They are chill and good singers otherwise.

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 09:40 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Helith posted:

Their plans are pretty much ‘strip this tree of nectar while making making as much noise as birdly possible and be absolutely fabulous while doing it!’
We have a couple of pairs of Rainbow Lorikeets that have claimed the bottlebrush tree outside our balcony. All other birds are noisily chased off. When they are chill though, they have a lovely melodic coo and are pretty friendly. Once the tree has finished flowering (which it does twice, spring and summer) , they disappear and other birds move back in.
So we either get woken up by Lorikeets screeching or by Kookaburras laughing, Currawongs, Magpies and Butcherbirds singing.
Great photos of them, mine are all crappy iPhone pictures.

I am so insanely jelly :3:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Strange, because the pigeons here give no fucks. Unless she's running directly at the birds, I'm not sure anything's going to change.

-OR-

FFS I can't wait for this to be described in the western media as THE NEW CRAZE THAT'S SWEEPING JAPAN!!!11!!one!!

I can't stop watching this :3:
My budgie (RIP) was pied and so as an adult never got the white ring around his pupils, so when he pinned it was super obvious. It was mostly when he was romancing the phone handset cord, or the fluffy toys, or the teatowel hanging on the rail. "Ol' Scary Eyes is humping again!"

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

LSD at the gangbang posted:

That cockatoo sounds like someone standing on a bagpipe.
Birds that are the size of their parents and still beg to be fed rule.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Pookah posted:

I keep coming back to look at this because it is so perfect - thank you :3:

I don't get it :( Is it based on a me-me or something?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
It's barn swallow nesting season here and I found this wonderful live feed that's now playing on my tv in the background all day.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:same:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Only red shafted northern flickers carry Bic lighters like that. Most birds are Zippo folk.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Uhh that redtext

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Helith posted:

This Cockatoo is a VIB (Very Important Birb).
Why? Because this drawing of an Australasian Cockatoo is from a 13th century manuscript written by the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II and shows that trading routes from Australasia to Europe, via the middle east, were running far earlier than previously thought.
What a well traveled birb!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/26/images-of-cockatoo-on-13-century-vatican-manuscript-inspire-trade-route-rethink

OH WORD SON

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

I used to live in a town in the countryside surrounded by crop fields. One summer there was heavy rainfall right when the sorghum was ready to harvest, and the seeds got knocked to the ground where they sat in pools of water and fermented in the heat.

The local galah flocks thought they'd hit the motherlode and feasted on all these delicious seeds that were just sitting there waiting to be eaten and do they taste a bit strange to you? Naw man they're fine, just *burp* you know what, I think I'm gonna go take a nap *flies off crookedly*

Drunk galahs were collapsing unconscious in backyards all over town, and then it was the local dogs' turn (including our own) to thank their lucky stars at this manna falling from heaven.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Phy posted:

A cassonaive, then?

:hai:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Heath posted:

Do doxx me :greenangel:

:crossarms:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

*Ryan Stiles voice* Well this is a weird fuckin' looking thing innit?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

:swoon: Where can I get one of these?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am about to go to bed after a long day of cleaning up goatses, but if anybody in this thread would like a bird crazies tag (there are two styles; the one that I wear and an OG rectangular one that is still used by some regulars in the Pet Island bird thread) just quote me and mention which one it is you'd like.

Good night!

I will take either please, and if you could get rid of my zuarg tag at the same time that would be much appreciated (because he's just to pathetic for words tags).

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

:swoon:

e: alternatively, it's a bird/rabbit photo like that old woman/young woman picture

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

AND MY AXE!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

<:)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Good bird :3:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Pookah posted:

That's not a line, it's a Cockaqueue.

:golfclap:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You guys are nuts they're harmless little angels.

:emptyquote:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Elías García Martínez, Ecce Ave, restored

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr_SGkqrrdM

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

StrixNebulosa posted:

are you ever just like, happy that birds exist? because i am

All the time :3:

That's the best thing I've ever seen

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Lmao I didn't get it for a minute. For some reason I thought she was drinking out of the toilet

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I have a feeling it'd be a Cockatoo if it was summoned

And?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Helith posted: