Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Soothing Vapors posted:

sorry Joe, nothing you can say will make me excited to see a Cyborgweight fight

I'm excited because it will be really funny if Holly wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Perez is using the cage to brace himself, is that allowed? (legit question)

as long as you dont hook your fingers into it. or over the top

mewse
May 2, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

as long as you dont hook your fingers into it. or over the top

You can even dig your toes into the gap between canvas and cage.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mewse posted:

they should get rid of that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mewse posted:

Not that Perez was going that far, but that really seems like an unfair advantage.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I hope this Filipino kid is decent.

Yeah, about that...

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
sick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Perez is pretty cool

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Anaconda, not D'Arce

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Go local guy!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is Sanders the one boning Becky Lynch?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

wikipedia says yeah

e: the advertisement just now on Fox Sports was for some kind of nerf gun that shoots salt at pestilent insects, which I am happy about because I needed a little bit of that old-school "CONDOM DEPOT" and "Dynamic Fastener" moronic advertising in my UFC. Reebok has a lot to answer for

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

wikipedia says yeah

e: the advertisement just now on Fox Sports was for some kind of nerf gun that shoots salt at pestilent insects, which I am happy about because I needed a little bit of that old-school "CONDOM DEPOT" and "Dynamic Fastener" moronic advertising in my UFC. Reebok has a lot to answer for

Those salt guns rule

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
#taketheknee

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Wow, that's a lot of bantam/featherweight fights tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well he's the one who just got hosed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
damnnn lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

loving smashed. I think the shots on the ground woke him up.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Oooooooh poo poo! He was looking for the counter the whole fight and nothing doing, then that

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

:thurman:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Can't blame the ref for that decision, guy was just getting destroyed.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

lol.

Is that Josh Rosenthal of "grow op" fame?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sanders popped right back to his feet but it wasn't looking good from Josh Rosenthal's perspective with the guy laying face down on the mat not defending himself from big right hands.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

mewse posted:

Is that Josh Rosenthal of "grow op" fame?

the very same, he got out and he's back to work.

I think he's permanently locked out of getting a license to grow or sell weed in CA now, even though the stuff he went to prison for is now pretty much legal.

e:

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Sanders popped right back to his feet but it wasn't looking good from Josh Rosenthal's perspective with the guy laying face down on the mat not defending himself from big right hands.

clear to me that if Rosenthal hadn't moved his body into the space between the fighters, Sanders had some huge right hands bound for his skull that would have put him down definitively

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 10, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

the very same, he got out and he's back to work.

I think he's permanently locked out of getting a license to grow or sell weed in CA now, even though the stuff he went to prison for is now pretty much legal.

I'm glad his life was kinda minimally hosed up. Reading now he spent a year in prison which isn't great but his sentence was 10 years :/

Rude_Dude
Jun 2, 2009

mewse posted:

I'm glad his life was kinda minimally hosed up. Reading now he spent a year in prison which isn't great but his sentence was 10 years :/

He was actually facing up to 10 years for the charges, but his sentence was only 37 months, and he served 18 before being released.

Wasn't Frank Trigg arrested for domestic abuse? Guess CSAC is pretty forgiving with handing out its ref licenses.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
with these stoppages from flash KOs, a lot of the time the fighters pop back up and argue with the ref, but they're good calls. a guy will get caught and his brain'll get turned off for a split second, and he'll wake up and feel fine when he hits the canvas or when his opponent follows him down with ground strikes, but that 1/4 second or so of unconsciousness is enough for them to fall into a vulnerable position that they really can't recover from. Sanders woke up in a position where he was not gonna stand up or recover guard, he was just gonna get punched in the head some more

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
I remember reading that Josh had guns and bulletproof vests too which probably didn't help him too much

mewse
May 2, 2006

old.flv posted:

I remember reading that Josh had guns and bulletproof vests too which probably didn't help him too much

No you're allowed to have those in the USA

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

old.flv posted:

yeah, it wasn't a thing where he was growing a couple plants in his closet, he basically had a farm--industrial scale, and armed to defend themselves from robbery.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

mewse posted:

No you're allowed to have those in the USA

Not in conjunction with illegal drugs

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
This stuff about Carmouche loving the 125 division and never really cutting to make bantamweight is interesting. I seem to remember that Liz was always strong for the division, just not that technical in the striking or grappling

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

with these stoppages from flash KOs, a lot of the time the fighters pop back up and argue with the ref, but they're good calls. a guy will get caught and his brain'll get turned off for a split second, and he'll wake up and feel fine when he hits the canvas or when his opponent follows him down with ground strikes, but that 1/4 second or so of unconsciousness is enough for them to fall into a vulnerable position that they really can't recover from. Sanders woke up in a position where he was not gonna stand up or recover guard, he was just gonna get punched in the head some more

Good stoppages prevent the guy from getting hurt bad enough where he can't complain.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

She hosed up that armbar

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The finish to that round was cool as gently caress.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

old.flv posted:

He's white, so he's just a patriot exercising his God-given rights

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Why do people dislike Frank Trigg?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Joe Rogan would be apoplectic right now with that standup if he was commentating

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I am apoplectic on his behalf, Davis was mid-punch how can you say she;s not working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:drat: her eye!

• Locked thread