Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Prices still aren't coming down and I know a place that wants $400 an ounce. Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There are tourist traps here like that. A couple places advertise having 40% thc weed (not possible) and charge out the rear end for it. I stay away from most shops within a sizable area around the airport because of this.

But having a license has its benefits. The discounts are steeper at those places. Still too expensive after the discount though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EBB posted:

Prices still aren't coming down and I know a place that wants $400 an ounce. Insane.

That must be some crazy poo poo.

Buying in bulk really helps. But dispensaries can gently caress off with their prices

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's some legitimacy to some higher priced weed, but it's overwhelmingly just a cash grab. The longer the cure, the better the taste and more thorough development of terpenes, the higher price you can expect to pay. But that's not what you get until you hit market saturation. Most weed out there is getting two weeks of dry/cure tops. If you're buying pre-packaged and weighed amounts, it almost certainly had a short cure. Loose buds a tender has to weigh in front of you are your longer cured buds.

That's the case with this gorilla glue I got, and late stage nitrogen deficiency, but that's not an issue besides being slightly brown. Better weed would be cured 4-6 weeks, peak tasty to me seems like 8+ week cures. But also pricier, as that top shelf Lucky Charms I had a few weeks ago was delicious, but also $80 more than this ounce of gorilla glue I got sunday.

Use Leafly and Weedmaps to hunt for deals when you can. Once market saturation catches up, prices will drop. Colorado has had recreational weed for six years now, these prices didn't get as low as they are overnight.