Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Mr. Nice! posted:

Put it in an airtight container with some orange peels to fluff it up and I'm sure it'll still smoke just fine.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EBB posted:

If I were to hang on to all my stems would they go bad before I had enough to make cannabutter? I feel like I'm wasting good trim even if it is dry.

Store them in the freezer

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Reclaim. Now that I took a better look at it, it's probably about 4g.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Unf. I have a half gram of reclaim left from my concentrate adventures I need to do something with.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I usually estimate about 50% potency to the average for uncooked hash, so what I have there is probably around 40% active thc, or about 1.6g if it weighs in at 4g. Half gram of reclaim will probably put you around 200mg. That's an afternoon nap for me, but it'll lay most people out for the day.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Had some of that reclaim around 7:30 last night- just tucked it in a strawberry and swallowed. By 11 I was down for a nice stony sleep.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Man wtf the history channel is running that Zach Quinto show and he's at a realdoll plant talking robots and AI with an obvious dollfucker. The whole thing looks incredibly awkward.

Thank gently caress for hash for making it entertaining.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Moved to a new place that has a zero tolerance stance on pot. So I go out to smoke like before. I thought I found a good spot until I got surrounded by 6 loving cops. I was on a hill overlooking a tram station and far enough away that noone could smell me but they could see me. Apparently it was private property (transit) and they almost cited me for smoking. I told them i was just taking a break from moving and playing Pokemon Go.

I was so loving nervous. Now I smoke under a loving bridge near these homeless trails. Ill post some pics soon. Its gnarly.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My place made me sign one of those "zero tolerance" things but they only did it out of liability. Bunch of people in my complex smoke, I hit my dab rig on the patio, just not when kids are walking nearby.

Switch to a vape pen or rig and smoke in the shitter, since hash doesn't smell near as strong.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My current complex is okay with smoking (cigs and weed) inside the apartments and it was kind of weird at first but I'm all for it lol

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Soulex posted:

I was so loving nervous. Now I smoke under a loving bridge near these homeless trails. Ill post some pics soon. Its gnarly.

you smoke pot like other people inject heroin

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Its hard sometimes man. Some people loving hate it and it blows my mind.

But yeah basically.

Ill take some more in a bit. I moved past a few homeless shantys today.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I attempted to make hash brownies and failed.

I can never loving make edibles right. No matter who’s method I follow I never get High because something isn’t just right when decarbing or whatever.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Decarbing would happen if you bake. Are you baking it too high of a temp?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You have to decarb before mixing it with butter if you plan to bake with it, then keep the temp of the bake below 350°F. As thc binds with fat, you want to ensure you both decarb, and heat your butter mix for a reasonable amount of time before using to bake. 45-60 minutes for the decarb, melting butter alongside to reduce time, mix with butter and stir occasionally over another 30-45 minutes at a low temp. You can then pour the butter, all warm and weed mixed, into whatever baking mix you use.

I'm finally ordering that drat decarbing machine, but at $210, it's a steep price to pay if it doesn't work right.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You have to decarb before mixing it with butter if you plan to bake with it, then keep the temp of the bake below 350°F. As thc binds with fat, you want to ensure you both decarb, and heat your butter mix for a reasonable amount of time before using to bake. 45-60 minutes for the decarb, melting butter alongside to reduce time, mix with butter and stir occasionally over another 30-45 minutes at a low temp. You can then pour the butter, all warm and weed mixed, into whatever baking mix you use.

I'm finally ordering that drat decarbing machine, but at $210, it's a steep price to pay if it doesn't work right.

Next time I come out to visit you we need to make some retard strong edibles. Like 4-5g in a brownie or some poo poo. Maybe less, but you get the idea. Super strong.

My upper respiratory system is just not compatible with THC in flower or hash form. So I’m switching to tinctures and edibles only.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In that case, you'd probably want to look at that decarboxylator too. It's pricy, but you can put flower in it and just eat it raw after it cycles. There are coupon codes up for it, whether or not they work, I don't know yet. I planned on ordering it on amazon because their website claims 2-3 weeks shipping, but amazon is out of stock on them and don't have a fulfillment date, or they'd list themselves as sellers.

From my understanding, you can run wax/shatter through it, but it has to be inside a silicone cup inside the machine.

Let me know when you think you might want to come out and I'll look at my schedule.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I never realized how entertaining tow truck videos are until today. Gtoger on youtube is great. It's just surveillance footage of a lot that tows a ton of people. Delayed karma for parking in front of a building that is lined with "we will tow you" signs.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I had someone thank ke for my service by giving me 2 grams of primo at a pizza shop. Dude was awesome and the stuff he gave me is so goddamn good.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Soulex posted:

I had someone thank ke for my service by giving me 2 grams of primo at a pizza shop. Dude was awesome and the stuff he gave me is so goddamn good.

Your grunt style shirt tip him off?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I never realized how entertaining tow truck videos are until today. Gtoger on youtube is great. It's just surveillance footage of a lot that tows a ton of people. Delayed karma for parking in front of a building that is lined with "we will tow you" signs.

I saw one doing the biz at about 1 AM today. Not too bright because he came in loud and kept the lights on, so somebody noticed and hit their car alarm. I didn't stick around for the shouting.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

tyler posted:

Your grunt style shirt tip him off?

Actually he asked about my J-League kit and was wondering where it was from. So close.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EBB posted:

I saw one doing the biz at about 1 AM today. Not too bright because he came in loud and kept the lights on, so somebody noticed and hit their car alarm. I didn't stick around for the shouting.

My apartment complex is usually pretty good about towing, giving 10 minutes or so to delivery people if the truck catches them in a spot. I think the tow company goes with the logic of, if we see you there twice over x amount of time without a pass or tag, we tow the poo poo out of you. Which is fine by me, because parking is a bitch here after 5pm. There's still spots, but easily 500ft from my building.

Stan Against Evil is a great show, btw.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8AuMOGx_KY

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Got some flower called Lucky Charms (swinging around 27%) that cost about $50 more than my usual cheap poo poo, but it was cured for six weeks so it should be bomb. Most preweighed ounces are cured for maybe two weeks around here. Smells loving delicious.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anybody try Cinderella 99 before?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. Cinderella strains have been around at least a decade. Sativa dominant hybrid. Good stuff.

That Lucky Charms I got today does not match lineage to what the budtender claimed. Supposedly a girl scout cookie variant. Nope, mix of the White and Appalachia. Still frosty as hell though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

SFV is my favorite. I have not smoked name brand poo poo in a loooooong time though.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I got some Gorilla Girl the other day. Hybrid of GSC Thin Mint and Gorilla Glue. It’s drat good, but the Cherry Limeade strain I also got may be even better. It’s certainly one of the best smelling buds I’ve had in a long time. Like Pine-Sol and sour patch kids with just a hint of skunk.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Was stripping white widow a few minutes ago. Rocks for buds, man.

Gorilla glue and GSC strains are big yielders if you give them room to stretch. Funny you mention sour patch kids, I was trimming Sour Patch Kiss an hour ago.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Had my first edible to truly loving lay me out last night. I was throwing up and had to go to bed early because of it. Had bad vertigo. Real bad. poo poo wouldn't stop spinning.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm trying to dial down my tolerance by not making edibles for a few weeks. I'm back to the point a joint makes reasonably decent headway, but still need a few dabs to keep it moving in the right direction.

Edibles are just one and done for me since I make them so potent. Think my last batch rounded out to about 300mg thc apiece. Eat one before leaving for work and I'm trimming in my own little world until lunch, when I wander off property and smoke a joint. Most of the folks I work with are around my tolerance.

There's a weed cup competition qualifier coming up. There was one last month that I missed, probably won't go to this one either, but having an occupational license opens me up for judge passes. There are a few more qualifying rounds before the actual Cup event in April, so I'm probably gonna jump on a judge pass for january. I don't want to judge in the main Cup, but it should be fun to judge a qualifier.

Want to judge on a 4/20/20 Cup.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
My fellow Veterans-

May your halls be decked with boughs of ganja and your bowls be full this 2018 Holiday season!

-Splat!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Went to a pot farmers market thing and its awesome. Gonna go to these to resupply more. I get so much better quality for my money.

I actually get to try DoSiDos finally.

This Huckleberry is so loving good. Like sweet Pineapple candy with some grape.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I haven't seen one of those here, but haven't sought them out either. I should look around and see if we have those kind of events here.

I'd really like to see a cooperative or union (or both) formed to protect workers and small farms. Of course, with big tobacco and shitheel former politicians getting involved, both are a pipe dream. Seems likely that any future money to be made by small farms, after the surge of legalization, is going to be through outdoor grows for hash production and fiber repurposing. The boom can only last so long, and at the speeds that we can overproduce, the bust will happen sooner than later.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The boom can only last so long, and at the speeds that we can overproduce, the bust will happen sooner than later.

buddy once this poo poo is federally legal and we're growin like a million acres of it year-round in the florida and south carolina sunshine it's gonna be like 5 cents a pound

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, the wheels will come off the weed money bus eventually. That's fine, I just want a slice for the meantime.

The weed supply must be backing up a bit here. Snagged an ounce of gorilla glue for $87 ($92 after tip) and it's some beautiful stuff, big buds. Haven't had the glue in a while, so I'm glad it's what was on sale. See a lot of that growing at work. And pineapple express. And platinum diesel. Goddamn I love my job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

GG is some stuff I havent had in a minute. I really need to treat myself to some better stuff. Maybe when I get some extra cash...

I miss SFV OG so much.